Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,367 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo (29551 Views)

Two UNILAG Students Die In Hotel Fire (Photos) / 2 FUTA Students Drown While Taking Selfie On Canoe (Graphic Photos) / Two OAU Students Die In Less Than 24 Hours (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo by FuckTheM0ds(m): 10:48pm On May 21, 2016
esosa993:

I really feel for them , the church service tommorow will be something else

but wait oo its like u know me very well, what the name?
SaintHephzibah of U.I we used to discuss via mailbox before you stopped replying again
Re: Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo by Hardaysheenar(m): 10:52pm On May 21, 2016
Nothing can be and can eva be compared with Divine grace...God is wonderful...thank u Lord for my soul...I was still on ds same road as at around 12-1pm yesterday coming to Ilesa....God is unquestionable.....I can't just explain wat wud b going on now @ RCF secretariat...wat a pity!!...the most populous, most popular, most attractive and most sought after fellowship in FUTA...wat a pity!!!!...Rest In Perfect Peace to d dead ones...May God strengthen their parents to bear d loss...God will surely heal those in comma or whichever condition they are....ERU OLORUN BAMI!!!

1 Like

Re: Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo by Nobody: 10:55pm On May 21, 2016
FuckTheM0ds:
SaintHephzibah of U.I we used to discuss via mailbox before you stopped replying again

I tried to reply but your acct has been deactivated
Re: Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo by opylas(m): 11:02pm On May 21, 2016
Jadekitana2:
I remember a guy who frequently drives this bus, Dada Blessing....I hope he isn't there hmm...RIP to the dead so sad

Dada Blessing graduated
Re: Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo by anyaekekehinde(m): 11:25pm On May 21, 2016
Jadekitana2:
I remember a guy who frequently drives this bus, Dada Blessing....I hope he isn't there hmm...RIP to the dead so sad

Jade, did you graduate from FUTA
Re: Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo by thespokenword: 11:51pm On May 21, 2016
Oh! That's my alma mata o. May their souls rest in Peace
Re: Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo by cg053: 12:05am On May 22, 2016
I often heard accident occurred when drivers try to avoid hitting strayed animals or Okada and in the process killing several passengers of their own. They should learn to save their own life and that of their passengers first.
Re: Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo by FuckTheM0ds(m): 12:25am On May 22, 2016
esosa993:

I tried to reply but your acct has been deactivated
yeah. They banned me for a century so the account is as useless as the 'ay' in the ok'ay'
i miss you sweerie
Re: Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo by Nobody: 12:45am On May 22, 2016
Hmmmmm, oku n sunkun ok. Akawo le ori nsunkun ara wa.( The dead cry for the dead, we put hands on head crying for ourselves). RIP to the departed 4, rapid recovery to the injured. God pls console the bereaved.
Re: Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo by Nobody: 1:19am On May 22, 2016
Hmmm... The route i travel through almost monthly... still passed there last week on my way from Ib...

oluwa oo.. even though I'm nt worthy of being alive buh ur mercy keeps me.

RIP to the dead .. #sad

1 Like

Re: Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo by pwettiejay(f): 1:48am On May 22, 2016
Ah! Not again! God have mercy..............we that go out and come in everyday should really be greatful
Re: Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo by Chinks(m): 4:47am On May 22, 2016
FUTA, my Alma mater...... What a great loss! May God console their families. *Over speeding kills.
Re: Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo by Harbygirl(f): 5:12am On May 22, 2016
kekakuz:
so painful.

I know God protects but I always tell my brothers in school never to enter a car a fellow student is driving. Not that they can't drive but statistics show that these type of things happen often.
Thank God they did not follow them on this trip.
RIP

As a matter of fact this never happened all through my 5years in RCF FUTA. I was a very active worker of this great fellowship, i travelled with the fellowship on several occasions. Only God understands what really happened and He knew before it happened sef and has reasons for permitting such. May their soul rest in peace!
Re: Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo by adebayo3449(m): 5:39am On May 22, 2016
tyhwo:
Four students of the Federal University of Technology Akure, (FUTA) on Saturday lost their lives in an accident which occurred at Ibule community along Akure-Ilesha expressway in Ifedore local government area of the state.
Ibule community is about few meters away from FUTA.

The victims, whose identities were still unknown as at the time of filing this report, were said to be on their way to Ibadan, Oyo state for a religious programme.

It was gathered that about 15 of them were travelling in the ill-fated Hiace Bus. While four died instantly, 11 others sustained severe injuries and are presently receiving treatment at General Hospital in Akure.

The State Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Mr. Femi Joseph, who confirmed the incident, said preliminary investigation revealed that the accident involved a Hiace bus conveying the students and an Okada rider‎.

Joseph said the accident happened when the Hiace bus, which was on top speed, somersaulted several times after trying to Manouver its way when ‎an Okada rider suddenly bumped into its the expressway.

He said policemen and FRSC offcials quickly responded to the incident and rushed the injured to the hospital adding that the four corpse have been deposited at the morgue.

The Public Relations Officer (PRO) of the university’s Student Union Government (SUG), Comrade Segun Oladele who also confirmed the death, saying the injured are responding to treatment while they are still trying to get ‎the identity of the dead students.

Source : http://dailypost.ng/2016/05/21/four-futa-students-died-in-road-accident-in-ondo/?utm_source=snap_dp1&utm_medium=twitter
He his not the PRO,he is the president
Re: Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo by olamirewaju6190: 6:23am On May 22, 2016
it's our vc's head dat is not good jare, why is it dat in his tenure every year a minimum of 3 student would loose there life to one thing or another, in his first year a 500l student I know of died for no reason, second year our sug president awopegba died with some other futarians in his third year 2 five hundred level died, his final year 4 students died 2 five hundred level and 2 two hundred level! why!! our vc is diabolic am sure of that
Re: Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo by bigerboy200: 6:38am On May 22, 2016
Jadekitana2:
Accidents involving FUTA RCF are getting too much oh..I remember those that got drowned(including a close pal in my level) on their way back from an outreach in a rural community.. ...mayb they should chill a bit..RIP to the dead and quick recovery to the injured..

1 Like

Re: Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo by josite: 6:40am On May 22, 2016
a billion death will.not change his promise to satisfy with long life and to protect while we walk in the valley of the shadow of death.
Re: Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo by Nobody: 6:55am On May 22, 2016
Rip to the dead,and speed recovery to the injured it's so painful sad
Re: Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo by Gloria3389(f): 7:01am On May 22, 2016
olamirewaju6190:
it's our vc's head dat is not good jare, why is it dat in his tenure every year a minimum of 3 student would loose there life to one thing or another, in his first year a 500l student I know of died for no reason, second year our sug president awopegba died with some other futarians in his third year 2 five hundred level died, his final year 4 students died 2 five hundred level and 2 two hundred level! why!! our vc is diabolic am sure of that
I agree with you. ..we've been mourning to much of our own since the day of awopegba......and mind u we need to pray more and ask God to take over cos its his final year. ...I'm so sad for the 2 500l students...we wey our mind don dey do countdown to August
Re: Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo by matrixme(m): 7:17am On May 22, 2016
How come this sad occurrence easily brings to mind the death of Dapo Awopegba and other students coming from a function roughly around this time few years back? Bus was also driven by their fellow student'? I presume something really diabolic is really going on somewhere. You Futarians need to ntensify prayers!
Re: Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo by tolexy123: 9:05am On May 22, 2016
So sad! angry
Re: Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo by edris09(m): 10:09am On May 22, 2016
Gloria3389:

I agree with you. ..we've been mourning to much of our own since the day of awopegba......and mind u we need to pray more and ask God to take over cos its his final year. ...I'm so sad for the 2 500l students...we wey our mind don dey do countdown to August

Gloria u are in geology department habi... I sabi dis face sha for SEMS
Re: Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo by edris09(m): 10:13am On May 22, 2016
esosa993:

I really feel for them , the church service tommorow will be something else

but wait oo its like u know me very well, what the name?

Are u a futarian
Re: Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo by Gloria3389(f): 10:21am On May 22, 2016
edris09:

Gloria u are in geology department habi... I sabi dis face sha for SEMS
geophysics

1 Like

Re: Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo by AdexOmoby(f): 10:37am On May 22, 2016
Oh my God!

This is extremely painful. I am very pained.

I graduated from FUTA in 2011, QSV Department and I just thank God that He saved me from many accidents.

I would ply Ibadan to Akure route often but yet God kept me all through my 6 years there (inclusive of Predegree).

I can only imagine what the school is going through now and what parents of the deceased are going through.

Lord, in your awesomeness, please comfort all concerned. May this never never occur again.

I would also encourage everyone to remember that life's short and that we'd all be gone someday.

Life's short.
Death is sure
Heaven/Hell is real.
Re: Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo by Frankdammy(m): 10:38am On May 22, 2016
O lord!... U ever remain Faithfull... Am just short of words, pls hv mercy evn as we luk 4ward 4 d redemption week.
Re: Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo by Nobody: 10:41am On May 22, 2016
edris09:

Are u a futarian

yes I am
Re: Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo by edris09(m): 11:56am On May 22, 2016
Gloria3389:

geophysics

I thought so.. Anyway am in geology dept..
Re: Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo by edris09(m): 11:57am On May 22, 2016
esosa993:

yes I am

Dats cool what is ur dept... 500l shey?
Re: Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo by Koolwilly(m): 12:06pm On May 22, 2016
ZiggyMr:
Ibule is just few mins away from north gate, prolly 3-5mins, guess d driver was speeding... may dia soul RIP
Ziggy Pray for Futa
Re: Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo by glossy6(f): 1:06pm On May 22, 2016
Ramon92:
A God that promises to protect but can't protect even his own...

May God forgive you. You know what? That you used the capital letter "G" for Him shows you believe in Him, yet you want to lure some people to hell fire.
Re: Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo by glossy6(f): 1:10pm On May 22, 2016
RIP to the dead and speedy recovery to the injured

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Second-class Upper Is Overrated In Nigeria By Deji Yesufu / Adeyeye Olorunfemi, Rusticated Student Of UNILAG Blasts School Management (Video / "They Use Hausa To Teach English Language In The North" - Kano Corper Claims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.