Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,717 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

NLC In Crucial Meeting Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC In Crucial Meeting Today (18578 Views)

Governors In Aso Rock For Crucial Meeting / Recession: Osinbajo, Governors In Crucial Meeting / Lai Mohammed, Fashola And Fayemi At FEC Meeting Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NLC In Crucial Meeting Today by Nobody: 6:43am On May 22, 2016
LEADERS of the Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC, led by Ayuba Wabba, will meet today in Abuja, to critically review the ongoing nationwide strike and protests to force government to reverse the N145 pump price of petrol to the pre-Wednesday 11 price of N86.50.

The meeting is coming following appeals by the President of Senate, Dr. Bukola Saraki; Speaker of the House of Representatives, Alhaji Yakubu Dogara, and the National Leader of All Progressives Congress, APC, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, to them to call off the industrial action and return to negotiating table with the Federal Government.

The action had so far recorded low turn out with workers in Lagos State, the economic nerve centre of the country, Abuja, the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, and Rivers State, shunning the strike.

On Thursday, the leadership of the National Assembly, in a meeting with the factional leaders, appealed to them to call off the strike.

Speaking with Sunday Vanguard, General Secretary of NLC, Dr. Peter Ozo-Eson, said they would be meeting today to review the situation and determine the next line of action, saying, “We will be meeting tomorrow (today) to review the situation to determine the next line of action. After the meeting, a communique will be issued on the outcome.”

Equally, leaders of JAF will meet in Lagos today to review the situation, but have resolved to continue the action tomorrow.

A text message by Mr. Abiodun Aremu, JAF Secretary, said the meeting would take place at 2 pm to plan how to re-strategise the protest and mass action to force government to reverse the hike in the pump price of petrol and electricity tariff.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/nlc-crucial-meeting-today/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC In Crucial Meeting Today by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:44am On May 22, 2016
That's good. But, I would have loved if all those protest was for the increment of minimum wage.

8 Likes

Re: NLC In Crucial Meeting Today by Nobody: 6:47am On May 22, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
That's good. But, I would have loved if all those protest was for the increment of minimum wage.
yea....but consider those in private sector plus the traders... The minimum wage won't favour them...that's why they also have to revisit the fuel subsidy and set things right

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NLC In Crucial Meeting Today by Hongbenga(m): 7:04am On May 22, 2016
thank God
Re: NLC In Crucial Meeting Today by chriskosherbal(m): 7:08am On May 22, 2016
Okay
Re: NLC In Crucial Meeting Today by chukslawrence(m): 7:09am On May 22, 2016
Ok
Re: NLC In Crucial Meeting Today by jhydebaba(m): 7:22am On May 22, 2016
So NLC still think that they are on strike cheesy

Worst strike ever.

14 Likes

Re: NLC In Crucial Meeting Today by Kineticist(m): 7:36am On May 22, 2016
Please they should just leave this strike like this just this week because I have ironed one shirt and that is for next sunday church..

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NLC In Crucial Meeting Today by CUM4WHAT(m): 7:54am On May 22, 2016
Lieing is an hobby for only nigerians.....
Meanwhile i sip my daura kunu with prettythicksme in
d toilet.
Re: NLC In Crucial Meeting Today by Izyyblaze(f): 7:56am On May 22, 2016
Well,the FG and the NLC should know that I'm graduating come August,whether the devil like it, or not.

2 Likes

Re: NLC In Crucial Meeting Today by greatgod2012(f): 8:08am On May 22, 2016
So, they're still on strike. I thought they've called off the strike. The strike wey no hold ground before. Instead of them to fight for increment, they are here wasting their time asking for reversal of fuel price. The APC led govt have decided long time ago how they are going to increase the pump price of fuel, and they are not ready to go back. That is why they intentionally caused artificial scarcity of the said product.

NLC, dialogue for salary increment. Suspend strike.

3 Likes

Re: NLC In Crucial Meeting Today by Nobody: 8:08am On May 22, 2016
NLC shd pls call d strike off....what if d FG reverses d action & later says they are not able 2 perform 2 expectation due 2 d subsidy? what if another governments come in later & say they av 2 remove subsidy? like Wande C. said; shey na like dis he go dey dey? we shd jus give dis government dis chance, let's see what they av 2 offer.

2 Likes

Re: NLC In Crucial Meeting Today by feldido(m): 8:23am On May 22, 2016
The Minimum wage is a template for salaries be it public or private. But sadly only a few use it, that's where Labour unions need to do there job to make sure all employers of labor implement it.

But I'm very sure the FG has planned to regulate the pump price at N120 or there about, they just kept it at 145 so when they receive some resistance, they'll now place it @120 as if they've done us a favor.

And the NLC just played into there games.

1 Like

Re: NLC In Crucial Meeting Today by feldido(m): 8:26am On May 22, 2016
Rashe:
NLC shd pls call d strike off....what if d FG reverses d action & later says they are not able 2 perform 2 expectation due 2 d subsidy? what if another governments come in later & say they av 2 remove subsidy? like Wande C. said; shey na like dis he go dey dey? we shd jus give dis government dis chance, let's see what they av 2 offer.

Subsidy was not removed, otherwise they wouldn't have regulated it to 145, marketers will be the ones to fix there prices.

What i see here is, the government is still subsidizing the product but just a litle is being paid.

1 Like

Re: NLC In Crucial Meeting Today by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:35am On May 22, 2016
KillerFrost:
yea....but consider those in private sector plus the traders... The minimum wage won't favour them...that's why they also have to revisit the fuel subsidy and set things right
You are right bro, but the people at helm of the affairs are just self centered people that doesn't fight for the masses rather for their own pocket & their families..
Re: NLC In Crucial Meeting Today by Zellie: 8:49am On May 22, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
what about students.. ....what will happen to them
Re: NLC In Crucial Meeting Today by Dcomrade(m): 9:31am On May 22, 2016
DHQ
Re: NLC In Crucial Meeting Today by Dcomrade(m): 9:32am On May 22, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
#kudos
Re: NLC In Crucial Meeting Today by ajebuter(f): 10:10am On May 22, 2016
We Yorubas have a saying that: bi oni kinni nla ba mbani sun, nise ni waa maa gbin

Meaning if a man with big diiick is making love to you as a woman, you just sigh in consent till he is done and pulls out

In this instance, APC is the proverbial ' man with big diiick' fuckiiiing with us now, so we just need to sigh and grunt our consent till 2019

Firefire, anonimi, Tiptop, tuniski

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NLC In Crucial Meeting Today by omowolewa: 10:14am On May 22, 2016
Which part of the Yorubas are you? Becasue this your proverb is unique
ajebuter:
We Yorubas have a saying that: bi oni kinni nla ba mbani sun, nise ni waa maa gbin

Meaning if a man with big diiick is making love to you as a woman, you just sigh in consent till he is done and pulls out

In this instance, APC is the proverbial ' man with big diiick' fuckiiiing with us now, so we just need to sigh and grunt our consent till 2019

Nice meeting you, see you soon
ajebuter:

Epe and Ikorodu, Lagos State

Very Qualified
anonimi:

Are you QUALIFIED to see her? smiley

1 Like

Re: NLC In Crucial Meeting Today by ajebuter(f): 10:17am On May 22, 2016
omowolewa:
Which art of the Yorubs are you?

Epe and Ikorodu, Lagos State

2 Likes

Re: NLC In Crucial Meeting Today by ckmayoca: 10:30am On May 22, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:

That's the selfish interest we talk about. How about those who ain't working and those who are in private firms and state workers? Before u quote me back I work with ministry of health so I will gain from the increment but restoring prices wld be great.
Re: NLC In Crucial Meeting Today by Nobody: 10:31am On May 22, 2016
feldido:

Subsidy was not removed, otherwise they wouldn't have regulated it to 145, marketers will be the ones to fix there prices.

What i see here is, the government is still subsidizing the product but just a litle is being paid.
it is not like d fixed price is 145, what petroleum regulating body said is DAT d price shd nt be above #145

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC In Crucial Meeting Today by ckmayoca: 10:32am On May 22, 2016
ajebuter:

Your proverb ehn. Are u really aa female? U don't sigh if big thing hits u oo. U groan.

3 Likes

Re: NLC In Crucial Meeting Today by siraj1402(m): 10:42am On May 22, 2016
I've said it before that NLC only want to take a reasonable break.Wednesday till Friday and weekend include. By Sunday night they will tell us their member should resume while they continue negotiations. angry
Re: NLC In Crucial Meeting Today by Nobody: 10:42am On May 22, 2016
After drinking tea and bread,they will call off the strike while the situation remains the same.Clown.
Re: NLC In Crucial Meeting Today by blowjob: 10:44am On May 22, 2016
CORRUPT NPC..... grin..SAI BABA..
Re: NLC In Crucial Meeting Today by Nobody: 10:44am On May 22, 2016
ckmayoca:

Your proverb ehn. Are u really aa female? U don't sigh if big thing hits u oo. U groan.

Loooool

Omo I tire when I saw 'sigh'.

I can only imagine myself in action with a lady who 'sighs'.

1 Like

Re: NLC In Crucial Meeting Today by Nobody: 10:45am On May 22, 2016
To think that tinubu who was once against fuel subsidy removal and even sponsored an occupy Nigeria protest with lagos state fund is ridiculous and shameful.
Re: NLC In Crucial Meeting Today by Ellyogun(f): 10:48am On May 22, 2016
Good to know

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Orji Uzor Kalu Warns Fayose To Leave Buhari Alone / 2019: Even If PDP Picks My Son As Party Chairman, I Will Still Contest - Fayose / Just In: Buhari’s Jet Departs UK For Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.