Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,223 members, 7,815,278 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

Human Rituals In Oduduwaland - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Human Rituals In Oduduwaland (4480 Views)

This Yahoo Boys Caught Hiding A Girl For Rituals Purpose (photos) / The Most Notorious City Known For Money Rituals In Nigeria / Video Of APC Politician Performing Rituals In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Human Rituals In Oduduwaland by Afaukwu: 5:50pm On Aug 19, 2009
Bizarre! Fear grips Orile-Iganmu residents…Over claims of search for 24 human heads
By Ifeanyi Okolie
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Residents of Orile Iganmu, a suburb of Lagos State have been thrown into disarray following reports of desperate search for 24 human heads allegedly by some traditional religious worshippers in the area, to appease their gods before a gigantic tree standing on the marked portion of the Lagos-Badagry Expressway, could be cut down.

The mystery tree

advertisement

It was learnt that the Iroko tree which existence dates back to the history of the Orile-Iganmu indigenes has served as a protector for the people. It is believed that many indigenes of the area worship the tree and see it as their protector against all evils especially, during the wars in the days of yore.

In recent time, a lot of people were seen performing rituals at the root of the tree which has a reddish and whitish band around it. Some times, the stem of the tree would be seen with blood stains whose origin remains a puzzle to all.

However, recently when Lagos State bulldozers and caterpillars swung into action following widely reported demolition of buildings and all structures along Lagos-Badagry Expressway to give way for the construction of a 10-lane expressway, the bulldozers got stuck at the base of the tree.

Crime Alert learnt that as soon as they got to the base of the tree after demolishing all the buildings around it, a large number of traditional worshippers besieged the area and confronted them. The crowd warned that they should not cut the Iroko tree unless they perform the traditional offerings required by their gods which they said included the presentation of 24 human heads for sacrifice.

Based on this, the operators of the bulldozers were said to have stopped work at the site and continued from other areas pending when the issue would be resolved.

As soon as they stopped work, news of the search for 24 human heads for sacrifice spread like wild fire in Orile and its environs forcing residents and passers-bye to panic. It was gathered that following this development, some residents fled to their friends and relations living outside the area. The bizzare story has also reduced the usually heavy traffic-hold up in the area at night while shop owners now lock up their stores immediately it is 7pm.

Some panic-stricken traders who do not want to be mentioned alleged that the traditional worship-pers may have started the processes involved in the search for human heads pointing out that many people now avoid Orile bus stop immediately it is after 7pm.

According to the traders, the fetish exercise has affected their trade as they no longer stay in their stalls as long as they used to for the fear of being harmed. “Even our usually profitable night trading has abruptly stopped due to the fact that customers no longer show up at night for fear of being made victims of the human sacrifice”, they stated.

A commercial motorcyclist popularly called Okada (name withheld) who resides in Orile-Iganmu told Crime Alert that since he received the news, he has stopped working late at night. “ I used to work very late at night because my house is close but since I got this news, I have stopped working. I have decided to close at 7 pm and return to my wife and children waiting for me. I cannot afford to risk my life for nothing. Nobody knows when the people looking for human heads would strike.

So, I and some other colleagues have stopped working at night”, he said. Also a middle aged widow with three young children who is a fruit trader whose stall is located under the pedestrian bridge told Crime Alert that she would have preferred taking her children out of the area until the Oro is over. “ I don’t know how to explain this but it is very terrible since we heard that the Omo-Onile are looking for 24 human heads for sacrifice. For me, once it is seven O’clock, I don’t want any body to harm me or my children, I will pack my stalls and carry my children back to our house.

We don’t know who these people are and I don’t even want to know them and I have also called all my relations not to come around for the time being . We don’t know how long this Oro will last. The reason why I still come out is that my husband is dead and I have nobody to take care of my children”.

But some others who reacted to the story described it as ‘mere rumour being spread by ungodly people who knew nothing of what is going on in Orile-Iganmu‘. A Prophet, (name withheld) who resides along, Savage Street, Orile Iganmu said the traditional worshippers carried out some sacrifices last year and they were informed that it was for the tree. “ I saw three naked women carrying calabash filled with fetish substances, on that day they were celebrating their festival. During the sacrifice, they killed a lot of animals and their blood was sprinkled on the tree.

The women danced round the tree and a large crowd gathered around them. When we inquired what the sacrifice was meant for, we were told that the Lagos State Government is planning to expand this road and expanding the road will affect the tree. So, they were trying to remove the spirit that was inside the tree that was why they carried out the sacrifice. Since then, I have not heard of any other sacrifice again because my house is not far

from the tall tree.

But now I have been hearing stories that the traditional worshippers are looking for 24 human heads to perform sacrifice to the tree. I considered it a lie. I have been in this area since I was born and my grand mother is some how related to the Orile -Iganmu family. So, I think I am familiar with little of the Orile-Iganmu history”.

On its part, it was gathered that though the Police in the area did not succumb to the rumour which they considered ‘superstitious’, they nevertheless have intensified security in the major streets considered prone to such attacks. It was learnt that Police authorities have embarked on a 24-hour foot and motor patrol in all the nooks and crannies of the area with a view to re-assuring the residents that they have nothing to fear.

When Crime Alert visited the palace of the Bale of Orile Iganmu, heavy presence of policemen was noticed and all efforts made to speak with anybody from the palace failed. It was however gathered that the presence of the policemen may be in connection with a recent court judgement on the ownership of the area and not because of the rumour of human sacrifice.

The contentious tree was however seen standing conspicuously amidst the rubbles of demolished buildings and other structures. So far, Police sources said they have not received report of any missing person in the area.
Re: Human Rituals In Oduduwaland by Nobody: 5:55pm On Aug 19, 2009
Moderator should move this thread to crime or tribal section.
Re: Human Rituals In Oduduwaland by babapupa: 6:01pm On Aug 19, 2009
Edited-

Quit the foolishness,
Re: Human Rituals In Oduduwaland by AloyEmeka6: 6:09pm On Aug 19, 2009
Afukwu[big belle], what do you gain from opening these threads?

babpupa: must you reply every nonsense with nonsense?
Re: Human Rituals In Oduduwaland by Fhemmmy: 6:12pm On Aug 19, 2009
This is sad.
Re: Human Rituals In Oduduwaland by IFELEKE(m): 6:14pm On Aug 19, 2009
and where is the moderator? these nitwits needs to be checked.
Re: Human Rituals In Oduduwaland by Afaukwu: 6:19pm On Aug 19, 2009
Oduduwaland =Igboland=nigerialand=ritual-land grin grin grin
Re: Human Rituals In Oduduwaland by babapupa: 6:23pm On Aug 19, 2009
Like I said, this nonsense has been going on unchallenged and I don't see you guys stepping in to check the perpetrators or call them to order. We're all Nigerians and we all have our faults and shortcomings. This nonsense got to stop/get moderated of be challenged.

I'll go ahead and take down the post.

But if his nonsense is not taken down, I'll re-post mine.
Re: Human Rituals In Oduduwaland by walata44(m): 6:55pm On Aug 19, 2009
One word. Bigot
Re: Human Rituals In Oduduwaland by Nobody: 7:02pm On Aug 19, 2009
Oh Nairaland where is Oduduwaland? grin grin
Re: Human Rituals In Oduduwaland by ikeyman00(m): 7:05pm On Aug 19, 2009
[size=21pt]nice thread[/size]
Re: Human Rituals In Oduduwaland by ikeyman00(m): 7:05pm On Aug 19, 2009
Like I said, this nonsense has been going on unchallenged and I don't see you guys stepping in to check the perpetrators or call them to order. We're all Nigerians and we all have our faults and shortcomings. This nonsense got to stop/get moderated of be challenged.

I'll go ahead and take down the post.

But if his nonsense is not taken down, I'll re-post mine.
Re: Human Rituals In Oduduwaland by babapupa: 7:06pm On Aug 19, 2009
Human Parts Litter Ritualists’ Den
March 12, 2008 17:05

By Jude Orji/Enugu

An evil forest where suspected ritualists dismember their victims has been discovered in Enugu State.

Dismembered parts of victims of ritual killing in Enugu State

Dismembered parts of victims of ritual killing in Enugu State.
The forest is located at Inyi, Enugu-Ezike in Igbo Eze North Local Government Area of Enugu State. When it was searched, fresh and decomposing human parts were found all over the place but with some vital parts missing.

The scene is reminiscent of the gory findings at the Okija Shrine in Anambra State in 2004.

P.M.News investigations revealed that majority of the victims were taken to the forest and butchered by the suspected ritualists who then remove the vital parts needed for moneymaking ritual.

Many prominent residents of Enugu and environs were said to be patrons of herbalists and native doctors who perform rituals in the forest.

Inyi Enugu-Ezike is also said to be known as a home for dreaded commercial native doctors and ritualists in Nsukka cultural zone, Enugu.

What is, however, baffling to most residents of the town is the alleged involvement of some policemen in the notorious trade in human parts.

A policeman (name withheld), an indigene of Inyi Enugu-Ezike is said to be the godfather of the ritualists and armed robbers terrorising the town and Enugu-Makurdi Road.

P.M.News gathered that the policeman is so powerful in the town that he is regarded as untouchable because he procures powerful native charms and amulets for top police officers, businessmen and politicians across the country.

And to stem the spate of kidnappers, ritual murders and killings in the town, residents have petitioned the state government to take over the large expanse of land belonging to the village shrine Ogene Mmili.

They also demanded punishment for the perpetrators of the dastardly act.

They listed those kidnapped and killed in the town as Miss Eucharia Abugu Eya, 20. She was abducted on the street and later found dead in the evil forest with some parts of her body missing.

Others are Miss Gloria Ugwueke, 35 and Caroline Odo Eje, a widow with seven children who lived near the Inyi police post.

She was on her way to see her aged mother when she was seized by the ritualists and taken to the evil forest where her body was dismembered.

Her leg was later discovered in a shallow grave without other parts.

But the murder of Miss Edith Ijeoma Onu Ossai, 26, last month led to a wide protest in the town by more than 3000 women who demanded an end to the ritual killings.

The body of the late Edith who was on her way to Edumoga Umuogbo Inyi was found mangled near Inyi health centre.

Edith’s heart, kidney and private parts were removed by the ritual killers. Various parts of the victim were buried in different places.

P.M.News learnt that burying parts of the victim separately would keep her spirit divided and prevent her from going after her killers.

It was gathered that Edith’s mother became mad after seeing the dismembered parts of her daughter.

The protesting women led by Mrs. Theresa Mary Daya, Mrs. Mary Abugu, Ugwu Stella Chinello, Alomona Agnes and Mrs. Josephine Ojobor, said they have no choice but to raise an alarm since the efforts of their men have failed.

A source at the Igbo Eze North Divisional Police Headquarters said the police were on the trail of the ritualists.

He disclosed that the matter was being investigated by the D4 section of the Homicide Department, State CID, Enugu.

http://thepmnews.com/2008/03/12/human-parts-litter-ritualists%E2%80%99-den?version=print
Re: Human Rituals In Oduduwaland by ikeyman00(m): 7:15pm On Aug 19, 2009
^^^^^

yes u are right on that!!

those act are really bad and shouldnt be embrace

by the way

oduduwa

did u see anybody piss with that post

unlike yall that love to believe em lipsrsealed

so[b] bubpapa[/b] grow up ass up

jesus
Re: Human Rituals In Oduduwaland by babapupa: 7:20pm On Aug 19, 2009
you're obviously one of them, @ least you know how to recycle my advice to you,
Re: Human Rituals In Oduduwaland by sjeezy8: 8:00pm On Aug 19, 2009
babapupa:

Human Parts Litter Ritualists’ Den
March 12, 2008 17:05

By Jude Orji/Enugu

An evil forest where suspected ritualists dismember their victims has been discovered in Enugu State.

Dismembered parts of victims of ritual killing in Enugu State

Dismembered parts of victims of ritual killing in Enugu State.
The forest is located at Inyi, Enugu-Ezike in Igbo Eze North Local Government Area of Enugu State. When it was searched, fresh and decomposing human parts were found all over the place but with some vital parts missing.

The scene is reminiscent of the gory findings at the Okija Shrine in Anambra State in 2004.

P.M.News investigations revealed that majority of the victims were taken to the forest and butchered by the suspected ritualists who then remove the vital parts needed for moneymaking ritual.

Many prominent residents of Enugu and environs were said to be patrons of herbalists and native doctors who perform rituals in the forest.

Inyi Enugu-Ezike is also said to be known as a home for dreaded commercial native doctors and ritualists in Nsukka cultural zone, Enugu.

What is, however, baffling to most residents of the town is the alleged involvement of some policemen in the notorious trade in human parts.

A policeman (name withheld), an indigene of Inyi Enugu-Ezike is said to be the godfather of the ritualists and armed robbers terrorising the town and Enugu-Makurdi Road.

P.M.News gathered that the policeman is so powerful in the town that he is regarded as untouchable because he procures powerful native charms and amulets for top police officers, businessmen and politicians across the country.

And to stem the spate of kidnappers, ritual murders and killings in the town, residents have petitioned the state government to take over the large expanse of land belonging to the village shrine Ogene Mmili.

They also demanded punishment for the perpetrators of the dastardly act.

They listed those kidnapped and killed in the town as Miss Eucharia Abugu Eya, 20. She was abducted on the street and later found dead in the evil forest with some parts of her body missing.

Others are Miss Gloria Ugwueke, 35 and Caroline Odo Eje, a widow with seven children who lived near the Inyi police post.

She was on her way to see her aged mother when she was seized by the ritualists and taken to the evil forest where her body was dismembered.

Her leg was later discovered in a shallow grave without other parts.

But the murder of Miss Edith Ijeoma Onu Ossai, 26, last month led to a wide protest in the town by more than 3000 women who demanded an end to the ritual killings.

The body of the late Edith who was on her way to Edumoga Umuogbo Inyi was found mangled near Inyi health centre.

Edith’s heart, kidney and private parts were removed by the ritual killers. Various parts of the victim were buried in different places.

P.M.News learnt that burying parts of the victim separately would keep her spirit divided and prevent her from going after her killers.

It was gathered that Edith’s mother became mad after seeing the dismembered parts of her daughter.

The protesting women led by Mrs. Theresa Mary Daya, Mrs. Mary Abugu, Ugwu Stella Chinello, Alomona Agnes and Mrs. Josephine Ojobor, said they have no choice but to raise an alarm since the efforts of their men have failed.

A source at the Igbo Eze North Divisional Police Headquarters said the police were on the trail of the ritualists.

He disclosed that the matter was being investigated by the D4 section of the Homicide Department, State CID, Enugu.

http://thepmnews.com/2008/03/12/human-parts-litter-ritualists%E2%80%99-den?version=print

OH shit dead ass chicks in igboland is crazy, they are so gay to the east
Re: Human Rituals In Oduduwaland by Nobody: 8:29pm On Aug 19, 2009
@babapupa. why should you post that one? I think I know why. Please stop exhibiting your pre-maturity.
Re: Human Rituals In Oduduwaland by ikeyman00(m): 9:48pm On Aug 19, 2009
^^^^

u de mind them

na [size=21pt]trait[/size] worry them lipsrsealed

big time
Re: Human Rituals In Oduduwaland by sjeezy8: 9:51pm On Aug 19, 2009
^^^ na igbo trait wey dem kill fine babes gay men
Re: Human Rituals In Oduduwaland by ikeyman00(m): 10:50pm On Aug 19, 2009
u are correct
Re: Human Rituals In Oduduwaland by babapupa: 12:53am On Aug 20, 2009
eaina-

STFU with your dishonesty and hypocrisy. Don't dish what you can't handle. You guys are nothing but a bunch of sissies and cowards. (Obvious trait of course)

You talk shit and denigrate other people and @ the same time quick to cry and whine when challenged.

You guys keep posting all that junk and watch how fast I challenge you.

What kind of fool go post something to disparage other people and forget say worse dey happen for hin backyard?

Y'all be killing me I swear, lmao,
Re: Human Rituals In Oduduwaland by babapupa: 1:49am On Aug 20, 2009
Police parade 4 suspected ritualists in Owerri
National NewsAug 20, 2009

By Chidi Nkwopara
Owerri – Residents of Owerri, Imo state were yesterday, morning treated to a spectacle, as the police command paraded four suspects and the decomposing head of an 18-year old Chinwe Obieri, who was murdered for ritual purposes.

The bizarre scene, which was a replica of the infamous Otokoto saga of September 1996, had the prime suspect, 24-year old Emeka Uwakwe, from Ndiakunwata, Arondizuogu, Ideato North Local Government Area of the state, clutching the decapitated head of his girl friend, Chinwe.
Speaking to newsmen, the Commissioner of Police, Mr. Aloy Okorie, gave the names of the other suspects as Chigamezu Anyaoha from Orodo, Mbaitoli, Anthony Obioha from Lude, Ahiazu Mbaise, and the medicine man, Damian Joseph from Obot Akara, Akwa Ibom state.
Mr. Okorie gave a graphic account of how the crime was committed and the efforts made by the state police command to apprehend the suspects in far away Lagos state.
According to him, “you can see we have a case of murder for ritual. What happened was that on July 26, 2009, the young lady, whose head you are seeing (pointing at the decapitated head of Chinwe) left her Akokwa home, Ideato North in Imo state. You can see the head without the body.
“The young man, Emeka Uwakwe, is the boy friend of this girl and he came all the way from Lagos and lured her to his house in the village. He murdered the girl, cut off her head for ritual purpose and dumped the headless body in a bush. Apparently, the girl had told her parents that she was going to visit her maternal uncle in another village.
“As at 7.04pm on that same Sunday, she called her parents and informed them she was already in her maternal uncle’s compound and they believed her.
Later, her parents made a call to her and the call did not go through up till the next morning and by Monday, when it was obvious that she was not coming back, they made a report to the police that their daughter was missing.
“The parents are Nicholas, the father and Theresa, the mother, from Umuezeala, Umueziama Kindred in Akokwa. It was after they made the report to the police that some vigilante people on the same day came around and said they saw a headless body in the bush. The police invited the girl’s parents and they identified the headless body to be that of their daughter,” he added.
“It was at that point that the police swung into action and started investigations. From information, we got to know that she had a boy friend, who is resident in Lagos and who was seen around her home within that period. So, we went to Lagos and we were able to arrest Emeka Uwakwe. You can see him now with the head of the slain girl (pointing at Emeka).
“When we now got him, he made a confession that Mr. Damian Joseph of Obot Akara in Akwa Ibom state, though he is based in Lagos also, was the one who made the charm with which, if he got the head of this girl, mix it with the charm and bury it, money will start flowing, he will start plucking money as if he was plucking fruits from the tree.
That was exactly what the man did. He (Emeka) got the concoction, mixed it with the head and buried it in his room.
“We also went for the Native Doctor and got him. Meanwhile, Emeka made a confession too that it was his friends, Chigaemezu Anyaoha and Anthony Obioha, that introduced him to the Native Doctor and that he was capable of making medicine for money.
They also confirmed that they had done such a medicine before with human scrotum. We do not know whether it was with their own scrotum or other people’s scrotum. We will surely find out soon.
“You can see the pretty 18-year old girl (displaying her photograph). I am sure if you had seen this girl when she was alive, you will weep. You will certainly weep because I have never seen a thing like this in my life.
I just imagine my own daughter of that age being slaughtered for ritual purposes. Well, in an era where we talking about people going to live in the moon, that is the age we are in, 21st century, and people are still being fooled that they can use human head to make money.It is very unfortunate.
“Emeka Uwakwe was arrested on August 12, 2009 and when he gave us the information on how he got about the whole show, our men left for Lagos on Sunday and we were able to arrest both the Native Doctor and the other two boys.
The next line of action is that they will pay the price prescribed by the laws of the land. We all know the price for somebody who has committed murder. He will pay with his own life.
There is no duplicate for life. If he had the courage to kill somebody, he should also be prepared to face the consequence. He should be in a position to say if he killed her with a knife or first strangulated her before he cut off the neck.
“It is very clear that the girl deceived her parents. My advice is simple. I have a daughter of that age. I know how we monitor her. Most times, especially in this era, if she has to go out, we must let go with somebody because you never can tell. That age is a critical period in the training of children.
Parents should monitor their daughters closely. It is easy to make contacts in this GSM era. I am sure that if the parents had raised alarm that very night that they did not see her, may be things would have come out differently”, he added.
Re: Human Rituals In Oduduwaland by Nobody: 10:20am On Aug 20, 2009
@babapupa.

listen, whether it happened in oduduwaland, hausaland or igboland, this is something that concerns all of us as human beings. The poster must have been foolish by making it tribal. BUT YOU SHOULDN'T JOIN HIS FOOLISHNESS BY MAKING A RE-POST OF YOUR OWN. Foolishness should be ignored and not copied. We all know that rituals also happen in Igboland. its not new. so why make the re-post? please grow up my brother.
Re: Human Rituals In Oduduwaland by KnowAll(m): 10:37am On Aug 20, 2009
The title of the post should have read human rituals in Orile Iganmu and not Oduduwa land, because Oduduwa land goes beyond the shores of Nigeria.

To name the title of your subject as “thus” could raise emotions in far away Oduduwa lands like in the Bahia region of Brazil and in Southern USA (Olokola village South Carolina ) not to mention Peckham in the UK, the poster has to be specific otherwise it will amount to mis-information.
Re: Human Rituals In Oduduwaland by babapupa: 5:10pm On Aug 20, 2009
eina-

I really don' know why you're addressing me, you should be addressing the thread starter, not me. Of course, we all know the reason why you're not.

You haven't said a word to the thread starter, even after offering to take mine down which I did. Your concern is not only hollow and disingenuous, it's misplaced, It's even laughable sef.

If you don't like the subject matter, tell your people to stop opening dumb and silly tribal nonsense and baiting threads.
Re: Human Rituals In Oduduwaland by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 20, 2009
babapupa:

eina-

I really don' know why you're addressing me, you should be addressing the thread starter, not me. Of course, we all know the reason why you're not.

You haven't said a word to the thread starter, even after offering to take mine down which I did. Your concern is not only hollow and disingenuous, it's misplaced, It's even laughable sef.

If you don't like the subject matter, tell your people to stop opening dumb and silly tribal nonsense and baiting threads.

I already agreed with you that the thead starter was foolish and insensitive and he knows it whether I address him or not. But the issue here is, why should you join his foolishness? Don't allow the stupid ones to bring you down to their level. Castigating him shows maturity than a re-post.
Re: Human Rituals In Oduduwaland by babapupa: 5:35pm On Aug 20, 2009
I still stand by every word in the post above yours.

Re: Human Rituals In Oduduwaland by ikeyman00(m): 9:05pm On Aug 20, 2009
:-x

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Police Is Now 80 Percent Corrupt-Free-IGP / Breaking News .gunmen Block Okene Road / Who Says Biafra Is Only Igbos :p

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.