Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,417 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

Now Is The Time To Invest In Nigeria — Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Now Is The Time To Invest In Nigeria — Atiku (15087 Views)

2019 Election: I Must Be President Of Nigeria – Atiku / Breaking News: Atiku Decams From APC / Be Fair To Minorities In Nigeria, Atiku Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Now Is The Time To Invest In Nigeria — Atiku by sabacity(m): 12:45pm On May 22, 2016
Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar has said there is no better time than now to invest in the Nigerian economy especially in the area of agriculture.

Atiku said this at the ground breaking ceremony of Rico Gado Nutrition Factory, in Abuja, on Saturday.

The former Vice President who has substantial interest in the agro-allied factory explained that while it remains true that the nation is currently facing economic challenges, it presents a big opportunity for investments.

According to him, he and his foreign partners were encouraged by the experience garnered in setting up a similar factory in Yola, the Adamawa State capital at the height of the Boko insurgency in the North East.

He said, “Despite the doubts about our economy because of current challenges, we are confident about Nigeria’s future and about our future.

“I think I speak for my partners in this joint venture when I say: We know what we are getting into, and we’re doing it because we believe in Nigeria, because we believe that Nigeria will overcome its current difficulties, because we believe our nation will change for the better.”

He recalled that in January 2015, he had the privilege of commissioning the 20 tonnes per hour Yola plant which is Nigeria’s first multi-purpose animal feed mill.

Atiku noted that one of his friends asked if he thought it was a good idea to invest in agribusiness when he embarked on the venture in January 2013 to which he (Atiku) said, “I told my friend that I understood his doubts, but that I felt I had an obligation to help develop my town and my state and support the people.

“If we don’t do it, who would? I also told him that my partners in the joint venture all agreed that the time was right, and that the place would do.”

The politician and businessman said the decision to establish the factory turned out to be a wise one because today, the factory is exactly what he and his partners had hoped for – an economically viable enterprise, and a catalyst for change.

Minister for Agriculture, Chief Audu Ogbeh in his remarks noted that investment in the sector would serve as catalyst for Nigeria’s growth.

This, he said was because with a growing population, Nigeria can ill afford to be able to at least feed itself.

According to him, there are projections that by 2050, the nation’s population will top 400 million with an ever increasing need for agro-allied products as well as direct and indirect jobs.

He called on Nigerian business men to emulate the former Vice President and invest in the sector.

Also speaking at the event, a representative of the Portuguese partners, Mr. Joao Silva said, the J. Silva Group has over 45 years of experience in the production and management of livestock feeds throughout Europe and recently in the

Middle East including Egypt and Saudi Arabia.

He said, “The Company is indeed lucky to have found a willing partner in the person of Turaki Adamawa, a reputed business entrepreneur as well as a rare gem who dedicated his resources to the upliftement of his society, Nigeria and humanity, in general.”

http://punchng.com/now-time-invest-nigeria-atiku/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now Is The Time To Invest In Nigeria — Atiku by reverendfather: 12:45pm On May 22, 2016
every politician not in power as a thing or two to say, but once they are eventually elected into power, you see them acting and making decisions that even a toddler will never take.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now Is The Time To Invest In Nigeria — Atiku by cana882(m): 12:46pm On May 22, 2016
True, but you telling us to invest without capital is charade and illegal *in SAS's voice*

3 Likes

Re: Now Is The Time To Invest In Nigeria — Atiku by Flexherbal(m): 12:48pm On May 22, 2016
The land is green, but the people are dark at heart.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now Is The Time To Invest In Nigeria — Atiku by PRYCE(m): 12:50pm On May 22, 2016
The Turaki of Adamawa has spoken!
Re: Now Is The Time To Invest In Nigeria — Atiku by jumper524(m): 12:52pm On May 22, 2016
I never blame nigerians who invest abroad. With the level on insecurity in nigeria, who go risk him money. Thank god we now have a working Government

4 Likes

Re: Now Is The Time To Invest In Nigeria — Atiku by kunlesufyan(m): 1:10pm On May 22, 2016
this is far better than the man (Alhaji indimi ) who donated 4.2 billion naira to a foreign university ...we just need to start producing things we use in this country..

14 Likes

Re: Now Is The Time To Invest In Nigeria — Atiku by funlord(m): 1:16pm On May 22, 2016
undecided

How many investments did you drag into the country or even your constituency when you were vice president for 8 years?

Abeg atiku should shut the _fuck up!

2 Likes

Re: Now Is The Time To Invest In Nigeria — Atiku by googlepikins: 1:18pm On May 22, 2016
All your oil companies in Niger Delta will soon be leveled up soon. Continue to call us foools

6 Likes

Re: Now Is The Time To Invest In Nigeria — Atiku by nerodenero: 1:18pm On May 22, 2016
Dude is saying it is time for him and his fellow polithiefcians to invest their loot undecided.

1 Like

Re: Now Is The Time To Invest In Nigeria — Atiku by bewla(m): 1:25pm On May 22, 2016
y not when you and your forty gang member have milk us dry
Re: Now Is The Time To Invest In Nigeria — Atiku by Adesiji77: 5:31pm On May 22, 2016
Bring back the dollars... lipsrsealed

Cc: lalasticlala, dominique, Mynd44
Re: Now Is The Time To Invest In Nigeria — Atiku by Horus(m): 6:26pm On May 22, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FSyd6IXiIM

[size=14pt]Experts Speaks on Promoting Investment in Nigeria[/size]

The Africa 2016 business forum in Egypt is part of President Muhammadu Buhari attempt to woo prospective investors to the favourable investment climate in Nigeria. On NTA’s Good Morning Nigeria disscussants x-rayed gains from the forum as well as how it would translate into realizing Nigeria’s dream of diversifying the economy. Nigeria’s participation in the 2016 Africa forum in Egypt as well as plans to build further on a 26 nation free trade pact signed in 2015 for a common African were described as important ingredients that can help improve trade in Nigeria. Attention was drawn to the need for the development of adequate institutional structures so as to boost the confidence of prospective investors in the Nigerian economy. Energy and Investment expert, Theo Ubani emphasised the need to encourage local investor’s participation stressing that the energy sector remains a key driver for the other investment sectors to thrive. They further urged investment organizations to make it easier for local investors by making incentives more accessible.
Re: Now Is The Time To Invest In Nigeria — Atiku by raker300: 6:29pm On May 22, 2016
Why should they invest in Nigeria when the Nigerian president called them criminals?

Since Nigerians brought it upon themselves they should suffer it on their own and live decent folks alone
Re: Now Is The Time To Invest In Nigeria — Atiku by omowolewa: 8:01pm On May 22, 2016
No be money wey you get you go invest?

1 Like

Re: Now Is The Time To Invest In Nigeria — Atiku by jordinsparkles(f): 8:10pm On May 22, 2016
kunlesufyan:
this is far better than the man (Alhaji indimi ) who donated 4.2 billion naira to a foreign university ...we just need to start producing things we use in this country..
you are absolutely right.

1 Like

Re: Now Is The Time To Invest In Nigeria — Atiku by tonio2wo: 8:11pm On May 22, 2016
This dude would ave made a better president.

2 Likes

Re: Now Is The Time To Invest In Nigeria — Atiku by acooriz(m): 8:12pm On May 22, 2016
Lies...all lies
Re: Now Is The Time To Invest In Nigeria — Atiku by scribble: 8:12pm On May 22, 2016
Your brother indimi didn't get the memo

2 Likes

Re: Now Is The Time To Invest In Nigeria — Atiku by Kangol99(m): 8:12pm On May 22, 2016
k
Re: Now Is The Time To Invest In Nigeria — Atiku by Nobody: 8:13pm On May 22, 2016
Atiku is a true Nigerian. This shows his passionate belief in the growth of the country.
I hope others will take a cue from Turakin Adamawa and invest in the country. Politicians can't keep bemoaning the lack of jobs for youths to do while they keep investing abroad.

2 Likes

Re: Now Is The Time To Invest In Nigeria — Atiku by KPhantom(m): 8:15pm On May 22, 2016
NO CAPITAL, I REPEAT NO CAPITAL...
Re: Now Is The Time To Invest In Nigeria — Atiku by mradjoy(m): 8:25pm On May 22, 2016
The type of statement made by a patriotic Nigerian. Well done sir.

2 Likes

Re: Now Is The Time To Invest In Nigeria — Atiku by Nobody: 8:28pm On May 22, 2016
Stolen funds you mean ?
Re: Now Is The Time To Invest In Nigeria — Atiku by Abagworo(m): 8:35pm On May 22, 2016
reverendfather:
every politician not in power as a thing or two to say, but once they are eventually elected into power, you see them acting and making decisions that even a toddler will never take.

I respect Atiku so much for investing most of his wealth locally.

1 Like

Re: Now Is The Time To Invest In Nigeria — Atiku by ibkgab001: 8:35pm On May 22, 2016
Atiku and his childish talk... No be him go tell us that OSOGBO TI DI TOWN
Re: Now Is The Time To Invest In Nigeria — Atiku by Whizzdom(m): 8:37pm On May 22, 2016
Now is the perfect time to enrich your pocket, you (Atiku) and your joint ventures partners.

It is also good for nigerians as a whole, if Mr. Atiku invest in the Agricutural aspect, inflation will come down due to competition, Atiku's investment into Agriculture will make farm products such as tomatoes, red pepper, rice etc, available to the masses.

It will also lead to the emergence of employment, jobs will be available for the skilled & unskilled labour of our nation.

Good move, I just pray that Mr. Atiku wont over-increase the prices of farm products, cos you never know the thoughts of a businessman.

God will help us.
Re: Now Is The Time To Invest In Nigeria — Atiku by Mufasa27(m): 8:41pm On May 22, 2016
Mr atiku, it's high time you say goodbye to that devilish party, (Apc) and come back home (pdp)
Re: Now Is The Time To Invest In Nigeria — Atiku by nelronaldo(m): 8:45pm On May 22, 2016
funlord:
undecided

How many investments did you drag into the country or even your constituency when you were vice president for 8 years?

Abeg atiku should shut the _fuck up!
spot on! Nigerians are hypocrites! This same man that did nothing in his 8 years as VP and many people will praise him for saying this... he should release his oil wells and face Agriculture, then he can talk to Nigerians about Agriculture

2 Likes

Re: Now Is The Time To Invest In Nigeria — Atiku by 1miccza: 8:46pm On May 22, 2016
This baba must be high on Adamawa weed walahi

(1) (2) (Reply)

Borno Cancels Holiday To Mark Sambisa’s Fall / APC Is The 'Waste Basket' For PDP's 'Expired Substances' - PDP / Irregularities And Low Turn Out Of Voters Mar Imo Rerun Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.