Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,461 members, 7,819,681 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

My Experience At Church Service In Germany - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Experience At Church Service In Germany (57563 Views)

"This Is Why Pastors Need Prayers" - Photo Of Lady At Church Event Trends Online / MMM Being Advertised In RCCG Church Service (Photos) / Woman Disrupts Church Service In Kenya, Claims Pastor Dumped Her For Another (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience At Church Service In Germany by Schwartz: 7:19pm On May 22, 2016
tlops:

The problem is not the use of loud speakers, but they should contain the sound inside the church. There is no need to put the speakers on the streets when the congregation are within.

Be careful what you wish for... You know churches (Oyinbo churches) in europe are mostly state financed so there no need to for them to collect money from the members. But it comes at a cost. Don't be surprised if the church says its Ok to be gay and that they will perform the ceremony for the gay couple. Because the churches can't say no less they lose the government's support.
Sorry I don't attend churches were abominations are permitted. This are Bible believing true churches concerned about missionary work and refugees.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At Church Service In Germany by mrjojo: 7:21pm On May 22, 2016
Now this is A CHURCH!! Not the business centres we have around here, me have kuku stop attending.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At Church Service In Germany by miqos02(m): 7:21pm On May 22, 2016
smiley
Re: My Experience At Church Service In Germany by Schwartz: 7:25pm On May 22, 2016
ichommy:
Schwartz

Nizza Bruder, Du fehlst uns auf Deutsch Thread. Wie geht's?
Gut, danke smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience At Church Service In Germany by thesicilian: 7:25pm On May 22, 2016
Krak:

Lamest reason I have ever seen in my life. How do you explain tho speakers churches put outside with which they use to terrorism there whole neighborhood.

Or all those heart-thumping gigantic speakers that these churches pack unto of each other.

Let's just learn to agree that what is wrong is wrong.

I already conceded that there may be no excuse for putting loudspeakers outside the church when the congratulations are inside.
Re: My Experience At Church Service In Germany by Nobody: 7:25pm On May 22, 2016
loomer:
Na simple dressing u see, u no see the ones wey dey smoke in front of church?
as far as smokin is not prohibited
Re: My Experience At Church Service In Germany by thesicilian: 7:27pm On May 22, 2016
shine12:

I beg to differ on the loud speaker one. I think most people can relate on too loud loudspeakers in most Nigerian churches. You know when you use 50db mic for an auditorium with only a 20db requirement.
Lol. I agree with you. But do we really follow building / environmental requirements when doing things in this country? Its sad though.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Church Service In Germany by isaacmarshal07: 7:28pm On May 22, 2016
Wow nice, I need to move to Germany ASAP... Please how do I get visa?
Re: My Experience At Church Service In Germany by jantavanta(m): 7:29pm On May 22, 2016
Nigerian Christianity......
Re: My Experience At Church Service In Germany by Nobody: 7:30pm On May 22, 2016
Schwartz:
Lalasticlala please come and move my ministry to the permanent site grin

Bro which part of Germany are u in? I heard it's a nice place to be.
Re: My Experience At Church Service In Germany by Williamso(m): 7:31pm On May 22, 2016
Schwartz:
No multiple offerings: the offering basket is usually close to the exit door. In the three churches in three different cities I attendend I have never heard a call for offering. At the end of the service as you exit you may choose to drop an offering, any amount of your choice.

No special seat for anyone: No special seat or special recognition for any titled person or senior politician etc. Nobody cares if you got money or not. No one is treated differently by the pastor or any member. Persons called to take the mic few times are people who are involved in missionary works. To intimate the congregation on efforts so far. Some people here just live to do missionary work alone. Its amazing.

Every one is friendly: Its kind of intimidating being the only black around. The members want to know your name, what you do, where you are from and what's happening with you. Everyone introduces themselves with a smile and a handshake. They make you feel at home, like a brother. I remember when we were told to wait for Mexican food because the Mexicans in the church were celebrating their anniversary. After taking food, I sat at a corner to eat. Lo and behold everyone was calling me to come seat with them and eat. It felt nice smiley

My experience here as well. Humility is the watch word. Giving a different perspective about organized religion.
Re: My Experience At Church Service In Germany by 400billionman: 7:31pm On May 22, 2016
Schwartz:
Hello All. Here is my experience at Church in Germany. So far I have attended 3 different churches in different cities here and I love it. This are churches by whites. Though there are one or two Naija churches around but personally I love this ones. I saw a lot of differences cheesy

No loud speakers outside: The norm has been during service, churches put on loud speakers outside so the neighborhood of the church hears every thing going on inside the church. To me I feel its noise pollution and unfair to neighbours because some times you have in one street alone in Naija over 5 churches blaring away. Here its so quiet outside the church building that if you don't get into the church you don't even notice there are people inside the church holding service.

Noone comes in gaily dressed: This people are so simple that they don't dress any different to church. If you don't have a nice Sunday wear no one cares. Picture attached was service today. Its summer now and people were wearing shorts lipsrsealed to church! Also sleevless floral light dresses. There were no suits, no nice hats, no bogus jewelry, no nice shoes, no Italian bags, no one with nice hairdo. Its was just plain clothes, sneakers and sandals to church. You can't even differentiate between the rich and the poor. I remember in Naija when I used to take materials to my tailor to sew the latest dress so i can wear for church service. I remember all the outdoing and show off by members.

The pastor has no hairs around him: The simplicity of the whites is amazing. Even into the work of the ministry they carry it along. The pastor comes into church carrying his bag by himself. Goes round each member to greet you with a smile and a handshake and asks how you're doing. He is just a humble caring friend you can chat with and he prays for you. He reminds you there is a table he has set for coffee, tea or water. There is just nothing special about him. He just carries out the service normally. He has no special name like G.O or daddy etc. I just cant explain the simplicity of the 3 white pastors I met. At the end of the service they stand at the door for a goodbye handshake.

Bodyguards follow my pastor around during services.

Nigerians erhn...

Yet we cannot manufacture toothpick..

7 Likes

Re: My Experience At Church Service In Germany by thesicilian: 7:32pm On May 22, 2016
whitecloth:

I with sought an example from a deeper life church across my street here, the church is a small auditorium and they are not making noise to the environment because there's no need for that, while I've seen another deeper life that has big congregation and use horn speaker outside, this also applies to Catholics church, so it depends, Dont mind the op this people think they can just use oyinbo way to insult us any how without knowing the reason.
lol. agreed.
Re: My Experience At Church Service In Germany by 400billionman: 7:34pm On May 22, 2016
Schwartz:
No multiple offerings: the offering basket is usually close to the exit door. In the three churches in three different cities I attendend I have never heard a call for offering. At the end of the service as you exit you may choose to drop an offering, any amount of your choice.

No special seat for anyone: No special seat or special recognition for any titled person or senior politician etc. Nobody cares if you got money or not. No one is treated differently by the pastor or any member. Persons called to take the mic few times are people who are involved in missionary works. To intimate the congregation on efforts so far. Some people here just live to do missionary work alone. Its amazing.

Every one is friendly: Its kind of intimidating being the only black around. The members want to know your name, what you do, where you are from and what's happening with you. Everyone introduces themselves with a smile and a handshake. They make you feel at home, like a brother. I remember when we were told to wait for Mexican food because the Mexicans in the church were celebrating their anniversary. After taking food, I sat at a corner to eat. Lo and behold everyone was calling me to come seat with them and eat. It felt nice smiley

Very nice to hear

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Church Service In Germany by Nobody: 7:35pm On May 22, 2016
Schwartz:
Hello All. Here is my experience at Church in Germany. So far I have attended 3 different churches in different cities here and I love it. This are churches by whites. Though there are one or two Naija churches around but personally I love this ones. I saw a lot of differences cheesy

No loud speakers outside: The norm has been during service, churches put on loud speakers outside so the neighborhood of the church hears every thing going on inside the church. To me I feel its noise pollution and unfair to neighbours because some times you have in one street alone in Naija over 5 churches blaring away. Here its so quiet outside the church building that if you don't get into the church you don't even notice there are people inside the church holding service.

Noone comes in gaily dressed: This people are so simple that they don't dress any different to church. If you don't have a nice Sunday wear no one cares. Picture attached was service today. Its summer now and people were wearing shorts lipsrsealed to church! Also sleevless floral light dresses. There were no suits, no nice hats, no bogus jewelry, no nice shoes, no Italian bags, no one with nice hairdo. Its was just plain clothes, sneakers and sandals to church. You can't even differentiate between the rich and the poor. I remember in Naija when I used to take materials to my tailor to sew the latest dress so i can wear for church service. I remember all the outdoing and show off by members.

The pastor has no hairs around him: The simplicity of the whites is amazing. Even into the work of the ministry they carry it along. The pastor comes into church carrying his bag by himself. Goes round each member to greet you with a smile and a handshake and asks how you're doing. He is just a humble caring friend you can chat with and he prays for you. He reminds you there is a table he has set for coffee, tea or water. There is just nothing special about him. He just carries out the service normally. He has no special name like G.O or daddy etc. I just cant explain the simplicity of the 3 white pastors I met. At the end of the service they stand at the door for a goodbye handshake.

this is officially the best post have read on nairaland... honestly your 100% correct.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At Church Service In Germany by Tonymegabush1(m): 7:36pm On May 22, 2016
honestly many things is rong in Africa everything is totally different. I tink Church is now an enterprising business in dis country. but merely looking in Nigeria u will see church's everywhere yet we are not better off

4 Likes

Re: My Experience At Church Service In Germany by Eke40seven(m): 7:38pm On May 22, 2016
southpole:
I have not attended church service there but I learned that some of them kiss inside church is it true?
E depends on the kiss o. I still dey explain to my woman how the kiss I gave a woman and two of her grown daughters were 'holy kisses'.
I just saw them, coming to embrace in excitement of my coming, next thing, woman grab with full arms and bossoms, peck one cheek with an "nmmuah" sound and the other. Daughters followed suit with full hugs and same routine. I don dey explain say it's biblical since then o.
Even teenagers dey wear bum shorts o, them no send you. However, the love in their heart pass our own wey dey tie scarf wey dey cover eye self.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At Church Service In Germany by fineyemi(m): 7:40pm On May 22, 2016
I wish to travel to Germany 1 day and see for mysef. But its cele am going there to search for

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Church Service In Germany by Schwartz: 7:44pm On May 22, 2016
400billionman:

Bodyguards follow my pastor around during services.

Nigerians erhn...

Yet we cannot manufacture toothpick..
My close friend is married to a bodyguard of a popular pastor in Nigeria. They own state of the art cars, landed properties and numerous trips abroad for my friend. Her hubby moves with arms to protect this MOG. I have personally sighted a pistol on him which he covers with his suit.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience At Church Service In Germany by Kainene77: 7:48pm On May 22, 2016
Schwartz,
you have perfectly and vividly shown how humble and friendly Germans are on average (one of the richest countries in the world) and how shallow and arrogant Nigerians are (a developing country).

6 Likes

Re: My Experience At Church Service In Germany by bezimo(m): 7:49pm On May 22, 2016
Schwartz:

You can say that again.Those white folks simplicity is worth emulating.
Unlike the typical black man with his show off mentality.

9 Likes

Re: My Experience At Church Service In Germany by bezimo(m): 7:49pm On May 22, 2016
Schwartz:

Re: My Experience At Church Service In Germany by Kainene77: 7:51pm On May 22, 2016
bezimo:

You can say that again.Those white folks simplicity is worth emulating.
Unlike the typical black man with his show off mentality.

The show off mentality is a result of a sick and disturbed sense of self-worth.
Obviously, the Germans know that they have nothing to prove and that values such as humility and humanity are what truly matters, especially in a church.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience At Church Service In Germany by henrygale(m): 7:52pm On May 22, 2016
thesicilian:
1. why are u moving from church to church?

2. as for the loudspeaker issue, the reason we use them here is that our congregations are usually very large sometimes running into thousands. Don't for forgot the largest church in the world which is over 50,000 capacity in a single auditorium is in Nigeria, how do you address such a crowd without a public address system? Thought I must confess though, there are a few small churches who have no business with loudspeakers but use them anyway...

3. As for the one about pastors and their ego, well i think you're 99.995% right.
Sir,their.churches are built to be soundproof,and all congregation are accommodated inside the church so no need for external speakers.
Re: My Experience At Church Service In Germany by bigiyaro(m): 7:54pm On May 22, 2016
Here in the north, churches don't make noise, its d noise from d numerous mud mosques around dat always keep one awake, usually the loud speakers mounted on these mosques starts blaring from 3am. I hope d govt will look into this tin.

6 Likes

Re: My Experience At Church Service In Germany by 400billionman: 7:55pm On May 22, 2016
xandy84:
I have similar experience. I went to RCCG in Virginia and the pastor was asking for tithe the first day. I be like WTF.. I stop going and went to local church only to be surprise I over dressed, they only ask if you care for offering envelop before giving it to you and No tithe of first offering scam like naija ish. No special seat for anybody including the pastor and people freely walk up to you and greet you.. since then, I had joined the church...

Some Nigerian pastors extort money. They put you under compulsion to give. When you never made such plans. Telling u its God asking you for the money. Even ur transport fare home. Smh

Nothing different from Nigerian policemen and Runsgirls. If Nigerian police or runs girl tax you, there is always that point they employ an element of intimidation. They raise their voices to subdue your defences. Making you feel that you are gonna lose something if you dont part with that cash right now

4 Likes

Re: My Experience At Church Service In Germany by Kainene77: 7:55pm On May 22, 2016
Schwartz:

Are we not all equal in God's eyes? Why aren't Nigerian churches a reflection of this belief? undecided
Will God judge anyone based on how much money he made or rather based on how good he was to other humans?

For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted."
Luke 14:11

Is it why Nigeria is being humbled and Germany exalted? grin

4 Likes

Re: My Experience At Church Service In Germany by kuuljay(m): 7:56pm On May 22, 2016
OP I hope you will be very comfortable when you see a man wedding another man in that church, very soon you will be seeing women going to church in bikini and admire their simplicity

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Church Service In Germany by Eronmosele(m): 7:57pm On May 22, 2016
janefarms2015:
V if u attend the kingdom hall of jehovah"s witnesses in Nigeria like any other part of d world u wl observe all these, no offering, no tithes try n confirm
Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's witnesses is a "hall" not a church. I think we are talking churches here. undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At Church Service In Germany by Kainene77: 7:58pm On May 22, 2016
kuuljay:
OP I hope you will be very comfortable when you see a man wedding another man in that church, very soon you will be seeing women going to church in bikini and admire their simplicity

So you actually think that churches in Europe allow gay marriage? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Experience At Church Service In Germany by kuuljay(m): 8:00pm On May 22, 2016
Eronmosele:

Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's witnesses is a "hall" not a church. I think we are talking churches here. undecided undecided
Really!!?? Pls clap for yourself
Re: My Experience At Church Service In Germany by lordmayor4(m): 8:00pm On May 22, 2016
Schwartz:

Try faith tabernacle congregation in Nigeria, it ha been their MO from long ago.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Reverend Oscar Mukahanana Commits Suicide As Adultery Leaks On Church’s Whatsapp / Enenche: We Built The Glory Dome Debt Free, How We Built Dunamis Headquarters / Apostle Suleman: Stephanie Otobo In Court With Her Male Colleague (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.