Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,339 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

Biafra Hero!!! 20years Old Man Set Himself On Fire Infront Of UN Building. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Hero!!! 20years Old Man Set Himself On Fire Infront Of UN Building. (22456 Views)

Profile Of General Philip Effiong The Forgotten Biafra Hero #history / Man Set On Fire At PDP Primary In Abia (Pics) / Charging Of Phones Infront Of My Office In Badagry This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra Hero!!! 20years Old Man Set Himself On Fire Infront Of UN Building. by SonOfEl(m): 9:15pm On May 22, 2016
salam1:
saint, has his dead achieved anything since 1949?

Yes....it did, and he died in 1969 pls.....

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Hero!!! 20years Old Man Set Himself On Fire Infront Of UN Building. by pchukwudi: 9:19pm On May 22, 2016
deeplow:

Will you sit down somewhere and look for something better to defend. Killing yourself over something like that is useless. That is suicide, suicide is nonsense. You know how
many lives his organs would have saved.

If he did that, he would have saved some lives. If you ask me, that humanitarianism!!

Mr. Speculator,

- did you ever stop to wonder what would have moved a 20 year old student to sucide over a people (across the atlantic) whom he obviously had never met?

- Do you have any atom of history regarding the civil war?

- Are you aware of the fact that Britain was fully involved in that war against Biafra thereby forcing the US to remain neutral and indefferent to acts of genocide that began even before the war?

- Do you seriously think that an action that shocked some global influencers and forced them out of their beds of indifference was all for nothing?

- Are you aware that the guy was obviously a jew?

- Do you know anything about the context of world politics in the mid and late 60s?

- What can you die for right now?

If there's nothing you can die for now, then you have no idea what passion is. As such you lack what it takes to comprehend what that guy did.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Hero!!! 20years Old Man Set Himself On Fire Infront Of UN Building. by ItsMeAboki(m): 9:38pm On May 22, 2016
Davbams:
Answer me this, has his death achieved anything?

What a waste!

Smh

Exactly, twas a wasted life, even Ojukwu sef later recanted on the very Biafra he made thousands foolishly died for - like this gullible young man.

4 Likes

Re: Biafra Hero!!! 20years Old Man Set Himself On Fire Infront Of UN Building. by Nobody: 9:44pm On May 22, 2016
This man pass 20 years abeg
Re: Biafra Hero!!! 20years Old Man Set Himself On Fire Infront Of UN Building. by deeplow: 9:51pm On May 22, 2016
SonOfEl:

Sense is really scarce these days

You are an example of the statement you just made. Please, tell me the difference his death made.

We all have beliefs, opinions and responsibilities. Would you kill yourself for any of yours?

1 Like

Re: Biafra Hero!!! 20years Old Man Set Himself On Fire Infront Of UN Building. by SonOfEl(m): 9:56pm On May 22, 2016
deeplow:

You are an example of the statement you just made. Please, tell me the difference his death made.

We all have beliefs, opinions and responsibilities. Would you kill yourself for any of yours?

Once again sense is really scarce these days.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Hero!!! 20years Old Man Set Himself On Fire Infront Of UN Building. by deeplow: 9:57pm On May 22, 2016
pchukwudi:

Mr. Speculator,

- did you ever stop to wonder what would have moved a 20 year old student to sucide over a people (across the atlantic) whom he obviously had never met?

- Do you have any atom of history regarding the civil war?

- Are you aware of the fact that Britain was fully involved in that war against Biafra thereby forcing the US to remain neutral and indefferent to acts of genocide that began even before the war?

- Do you seriously think that an action that shocked the some global influencers and forced them out of their beds of indifference was all for nothing?

- Are you aware that the guy was obviously a jew?

- Do you know anything about the context of world politics in the mid and late 60s?

- What can you die for right now?

If there's nothing you can die for now, then you have no idea what passion is. As such you lack what it takes to comprehend what that guy did.

Mr Passion... How many of your passions would you die for? Him and Ojukwu obviously had the same passion, why didnt Ojukwu set himself ablaze? Nnamdi Kanu never set himself ablaze.

As an Igbo man, would you be as passionate as he was and do like he did?

1 Like

Re: Biafra Hero!!! 20years Old Man Set Himself On Fire Infront Of UN Building. by EasternLeopard: 9:57pm On May 22, 2016
pdppower:
Big fool. Has his foolish death stopped genocide in any way ?
deeplow:
More like Biafran Idiot. Instead of him to donate his organs to save lives, if he wanted to die, he chose to let everything burn. Mumu
Davbams:
Answer me this, has his death achieved anything?
What a waste!
Smh
Victorvexz:
grin grin, the man must feel like a loser. He thought the Nigerian army will commit genocide in Biafra war, so he burned himself to create awareness. he is the most foolish man on earth. This is a case of someone who died for nothing.
Davbams:

Well i guess it will still go down for one of d least successful self-immolations in history.
Bad concept.
What a waste.
papparatzzi2013:
He died in vain.
He was simply tired of life.
Olabestonic001:

Not as much.
Those people that ought or parade themselves as freedom fighters in t
ISpiksDaTroof post=45874286:
Look at the kind of person Bruce died for. Roflmao Some people die for what they do not understand. Bruce died for nothing.
deeplow:

Will you sit down somewhere and look for something better to defend. Killing yourself over something like that is useless. That is suicide, suicide is nonsense. You know how
many lives his organs would have saved.
If he did that, he would have saved some lives. If you ask me, that humanitarianism!!
he world are interestingly the ones who helped the FG to murder almost 3 million souls. The Truth is UN is a fraud and only supports self-serving pursuits.

Descendants of a fallen angel cast out of heaven will never appreciate the dead guy's effort to get UN to act fast against genocide.

People from a particular coward part of Nigeria will never disappoint to show the world how cowardice is in their gene by condemning the action of this concerned world citizen.

He did his best in his own way to stop genocide. He will never be forgotten.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Hero!!! 20years Old Man Set Himself On Fire Infront Of UN Building. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:58pm On May 22, 2016
Biafraandpeace:

Bro at least repect the man......he believed in justice, equity and mostly PEACE.
What is stopping you from setting yourself ablaze in front of International Conference Centre, Abuja, for the same cause?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra Hero!!! 20years Old Man Set Himself On Fire Infront Of UN Building. by Masterclass32: 10:09pm On May 22, 2016
This Jewish boy gave his life to create awareness over a genocide happening thousands of miles away when nobody seemed to be listening nor interested. What a heart. Even though I think suicide wasn't necessary. He should have stayed alive and organised protests or something. There are other ways to create awareness.

RIP bro.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra Hero!!! 20years Old Man Set Himself On Fire Infront Of UN Building. by gidgiddy: 10:43pm On May 22, 2016
Bruce Mayrock was a hero of Biafra. While the likes of Gowon and Awolowo were more concerned about using starvation as an instrument of war to kill millions in the name of keeping the fictitious creation of Lord Lugard together, people like Bruce Mayrock brought global attention to Biafra by sacrificing his life. The difference between Bruce Mayrock and the eternal slaves of Lord Lugard called Nigerians is that Mayrock saw the suffering of humanity and knew that "one Nigeria" is not worth killing millions to attain. Slave mentality is a very difficult thing to escape for the average African man but I'm happy that my fellow Igbos and some minorities in the south of Nigeria are the only people in Nigeria who have long escaped this regressive way of thinking.

Mayrock will forever remain in my heart an eternal hero!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Hero!!! 20years Old Man Set Himself On Fire Infront Of UN Building. by anthoniosp(m): 11:03pm On May 22, 2016
Victorvexz:

Actually, u are the one without common sense. I have decided never to argue with u Ipob thugs, it's just a waste of time, u people are just dumb, simple angry angry angry
SonOfEl:

Once again sense is really scarce these days.

You two insulting yourselves..

Look at this link and see what the outside world is saying about this issue..

https://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/debates/bruce-mayrock-an-american-martyr.152039/page-2

We are all stuck in our arguments that we seem to ignore the reality..

Un wants Nigeria to remain because of the oil..south Africa and d rest wants Nigeria to divide because of continental power..

We should stop being pawns in a game and play a game..

If two of you can't stop ur childish stupidity then your parents truly wasted their gametes...

4 Likes

Re: Biafra Hero!!! 20years Old Man Set Himself On Fire Infront Of UN Building. by SonOfEl(m): 11:06pm On May 22, 2016
anthoniosp:

You two insulting yourselves..

Look at this link and see what the outside world is saying about this issue..

https://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/debates/bruce-mayrock-an-american-martyr.152039/page-2

We are all stuck in our arguments that we seem to ignore the reality..

Un wants Nigeria to remain because of the oil..south Africa and d rest wants Nigeria to divide because of continental power..

We should stop being pawns in a game and play a game..

If two of you can't stop ur childish stupidity then your parents truly wasted their gametes...

Hey watch your tongue. I could punch your face in real life for mentioning my parents. How old are you? No mature reasonable and responsible person utters such trash you uttered.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Hero!!! 20years Old Man Set Himself On Fire Infront Of UN Building. by anthoniosp(m): 11:12pm On May 22, 2016
SonOfEl:

Hey watch your tongue. I could punch your face in real life for mentioning my parents. How old are you? No mature reasonable and responsible person utters such trash you uttered.
so...insulting ur selves on nairaland...is mature and responsible abi..stop being a thug..that's if u are close to being one..get ur sense right..the last thing we need is fighting over crap
Re: Biafra Hero!!! 20years Old Man Set Himself On Fire Infront Of UN Building. by SonOfEl(m): 11:23pm On May 22, 2016
anthoniosp:
so...insulting ur selves on nairaland...is mature and responsible abi..stop being a thug..that's if u are close to being one..get ur sense right..the last thing we need is fighting over crap

Just correct yourself, leave my parent out of your rants
Re: Biafra Hero!!! 20years Old Man Set Himself On Fire Infront Of UN Building. by anthoniosp(m): 11:26pm On May 22, 2016
SonOfEl:

Just correct yourself, leave my parent out of your rants
undecided undecided undecided wat are u even saying?..its a conditional statement ..if you both can't stop getting at each other , am not taking back anything..
Re: Biafra Hero!!! 20years Old Man Set Himself On Fire Infront Of UN Building. by Efe3: 11:48pm On May 22, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

What is stopping you from setting yourself ablaze in front of International Conference Centre, Abuja, for the same cause?

burn in hell for your insensitivity!
because he can't be a martyr doesn't mean he shouldn't respect a martyr and martyrdom as a whole.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Hero!!! 20years Old Man Set Himself On Fire Infront Of UN Building. by SonOfEl(m): 11:50pm On May 22, 2016
Efe3:

burn in hell for your insensitivity!
because he can't be a martyr doesn't mean he shouldn't respect a martyr and martyrdom as a whole.

Are you minding the buffoon?
Re: Biafra Hero!!! 20years Old Man Set Himself On Fire Infront Of UN Building. by Efe3: 11:50pm On May 22, 2016
Bruce Mayrock, your sacrifice is not in vain.
a country will come to be for good.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Hero!!! 20years Old Man Set Himself On Fire Infront Of UN Building. by SonOfEl(m): 11:56pm On May 22, 2016
anthoniosp:
undecided undecided undecided wat are u even saying?..its a conditional statement ..if you both can't stop getting at each other , am not taking back anything..

Then Get off me you bedbug!
Re: Biafra Hero!!! 20years Old Man Set Himself On Fire Infront Of UN Building. by DaBullIT(m): 12:47am On May 23, 2016
Suuccker

1 Like

Re: Biafra Hero!!! 20years Old Man Set Himself On Fire Infront Of UN Building. by Victorvexz(m): 3:28am On May 23, 2016
Efe3:
Bruce Mayrock, your sacrifice is not in vain.
a country will come to be for good.
Loser, there will be no Biafra and what he did will continue to be in vain
Re: Biafra Hero!!! 20years Old Man Set Himself On Fire Infront Of UN Building. by OlujobaSamuel: 3:41am On May 23, 2016
SonOfEl:

Your opinion though.

His immolation made the world pay close attention to the genocidal attempt made by the federal forces.
died in anticipation of genocide? some thoughts are better left to perish in the mind.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Hero!!! 20years Old Man Set Himself On Fire Infront Of UN Building. by jeyselassie(m): 4:24am On May 23, 2016
googlepikins:
Buhari is bad!!
guuy this thing happened in 1969.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Hero!!! 20years Old Man Set Himself On Fire Infront Of UN Building. by Menace2Society(m): 5:04am On May 23, 2016
Barack Obama do listens to Radio Biafra everyday LMAO grin

1 Like

Re: Biafra Hero!!! 20years Old Man Set Himself On Fire Infront Of UN Building. by Menace2Society(m): 5:05am On May 23, 2016
Even Putin can't stop tweeting about Biafra grin
Re: Biafra Hero!!! 20years Old Man Set Himself On Fire Infront Of UN Building. by Nobody: 5:32am On May 23, 2016
Instead of slamming this site, any of you biafran Patriots can go and do the same. Haven't you heard that the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of Patriots?

1 Like

Re: Biafra Hero!!! 20years Old Man Set Himself On Fire Infront Of UN Building. by chuckdelis: 6:36am On May 23, 2016
deeplow:
More like Biafran Idiot. Instead of him to donate his organs to
save lives, if he wanted to die, he chose to let everything burn. Mumu
are u a human parts dealer? blood sucking vampire/zombie.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Hero!!! 20years Old Man Set Himself On Fire Infront Of UN Building. by deeplow: 6:58am On May 23, 2016
chuckdelis:
are u a human parts dealer? blood sucking vampire/zombie.

None of the above. Are you an ipob campaigner? If you are, go and do the same. There will be a public holiday in your honour. I still do not understand all ye "smart" ones defending his action.

As it is now, the realisation of biafra seems to whither away by the tick of each second. Why not put the world at the edge of their seats, be a martyr, draw their attention to your cause.

Are you too smart to not do what he did, or he his he too dumb to have done what he did? I believe many of you should have followed suit, you defenders of his action.

Put your mum, dad, siblings and friends in eternal agony, to prove a point that could be proven in more sensible ways? That's dumb to me and many other sensible people. I don't know about you.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Hero!!! 20years Old Man Set Himself On Fire Infront Of UN Building. by Exmay(m): 7:53am On May 23, 2016
The Chap simply suffered from severe/psychotic Depression. And I can tell you this started as a case of Generalized anxiety disorder thus the reason why he is feeling guilty for what he has nothing to do about. Suicidal thought/attempt is one of the prominent feature of severe depression.
So anybody praising this poor undiagnosed patient should simply go for a mental check up first. After being certified fit, you should set yourself ablaze in the name of Biafra. This will prove that a mentally fit person can decide to die(cheaply) for what he/she believes.
Re: Biafra Hero!!! 20years Old Man Set Himself On Fire Infront Of UN Building. by mayorchelsea(m): 10:34am On May 23, 2016
What readily comes to mind is,"why did the man who led his people in to the war flee to another country at the height of the war disguised as a woman?"Another youth not having any link to the war gave himself up to prove a point. That's what you call bravery and having balls.
Re: Biafra Hero!!! 20years Old Man Set Himself On Fire Infront Of UN Building. by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:17am On May 23, 2016
That is Arsene Wenger on fire

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bolanle Ambode Presents Ramadan Gifts By Aisha Buhari In Lagos / Tinubu, Oyetola, Aregbesola, Akande In Closed Door Meeting / Highlight Of Peter Obi's Address To Nigerians In Frankfurt, Germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.