Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,493 members, 7,812,526 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:46 PM

Help: How Reliable Is Toyota Camry Orobo For Transportation Business - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help: How Reliable Is Toyota Camry Orobo For Transportation Business (3004 Views)

Is Toyota As Reliable As Nigerians Make It Seem. / Needs Toyota Sienna Or Picnic For Transportation Business / Pls Cars Guru.. Is Automatic Car Good For Transportation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: How Reliable Is Toyota Camry Orobo For Transportation Business by MrWaters: 6:52pm On May 22, 2016
Car gurus on Nairaland, I'm hoping to buy 94/96 Camry for transportation/chauffeur service very soon. From what I've read & heard, the car is reliable and fuel efficient but further information about the vehicle is highly welcomed.

Siena, GAZZUZZ, honmusa & any one with information should please help out here. Thanks
Re: Help: How Reliable Is Toyota Camry Orobo For Transportation Business by ataspray(m): 1:30am On May 23, 2016
can u not buy a newer car? if i am not mistaken, orobo is the camry from 1994? thats 20 years bro cry
and u said chauffeur too? do you mean car hire or kabu kabu ?
Re: Help: How Reliable Is Toyota Camry Orobo For Transportation Business by Manager264(m): 4:38am On May 23, 2016
The car is strictly executive with high maintenance cost as it is packed with 2.2 V6 engine, auto, leather seat, etc. The owner wants to dispose it definitely because of its high maintenance cost. Ideal car for transport are 1.6 or 1.8 cc i4 engine capacity, manual which must nt b Honda because Honda usually has ball joint and upper arm problems,bad for Nigerian roads
Re: Help: How Reliable Is Toyota Camry Orobo For Transportation Business by gazzuz(m): 7:04am On May 23, 2016
Manager264:
The car is strictly executive with high maintenance cost as it is packed with 2.2 V6 engine, auto, leather seat, etc. The owner wants to dispose it definitely because of its high maintenance cost. Ideal car for transport are 1.6 or 1.8 cc i4 engine capacity, manual which must nt b Honda because Honda usually has ball joint and upper arm problems,bad for Nigerian roads

get your facts right.

4 Likes

Re: Help: How Reliable Is Toyota Camry Orobo For Transportation Business by gazzuz(m): 7:06am On May 23, 2016
MrWaters:
Car gurus on Nairaland, I'm hoping to buy 94/96 Camry for transportation/chauffeur service very soon. From what I've read & heard, the car is reliable and fuel efficient but further information about the vehicle is highly welcomed.

Siena, GAZZUZZ, honmusa & any one with information should please help out here. Thanks

it is a very rugged car, check for rust before paying. Ensure engine and transmission are in perfect shape. Als ensure your selling point (a.c) is working fine
Re: Help: How Reliable Is Toyota Camry Orobo For Transportation Business by MrWaters: 7:23am On May 23, 2016
ataspray:
can u not buy a newer car? if i am not mistaken, orobo is the camry from 1994? thats 20 years bro cry
and u said chauffeur too? do you mean car hire or kabu kabu ?
In that popular Lagos streets, Golf 1 & 2 are still being used for cab. I'm not trying to compete with Uber or e-taxi.
Re: Help: How Reliable Is Toyota Camry Orobo For Transportation Business by honmusa(m): 8:26am On May 23, 2016
MrWaters:

Camry 1996 itself is an good car in it original condition but Nigerian used version might not be so .
U will need to take along with you a professional that will help you to check the condition of the engine ,transmission, electrical issue.This will guide you to know the true worth of the car and this will aid you in your bargaining .If you are in Lagos ,u can call my number(08061166316) for inspection .
Then make sure what you are buying is obd2 compliant so that it can be easily scanned by Obd2 equipment for ease of maintance in the future.
Re: Help: How Reliable Is Toyota Camry Orobo For Transportation Business by ataspray(m): 6:59pm On May 23, 2016
MrWaters:
In that popular Lagos streets, Golf 1 & 2 are still being used for cab. I'm not trying to compete with Uber or e-taxi.
oh alright then i get you. but, trust me, those who use golf 1 & 2 et al wish everyday they can get newer/better cabs. goodluck with your business, the orobo is good enough for what you have described anyways.
Re: Help: How Reliable Is Toyota Camry Orobo For Transportation Business by MindYours: 5:39am On May 24, 2016
It is a very strong car if you don't mind its age. You however have to inspect vital components to ensure that they won't create a conduit in your finances.
Also note that the engine is bigger than the Golf 1 and 2 you're going into same business with.
**The attachment below is just for fun**

(1) (Reply)

Location Of Fuel Temperature Sensor On Nissan Primera WP11 / 15 Places You Must Never Overtake The Car In Front Of You When Driving / Which car model & parts have the cheapest & easiest cost to maintain in Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.