Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,071 members, 7,818,201 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

Read An Inspiring Life Story Of Frank Umeadi As He Celebrates His Birthday - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Read An Inspiring Life Story Of Frank Umeadi As He Celebrates His Birthday (4161 Views)

Ghanaian Man Celebrates His Birthday With Nude Photoshoot / Nigerian Man In Dubai Celebrates His Birthday With Fruits & Drinks (Photos) / Man Celebrates His Birthday With Bread As Cake (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Read An Inspiring Life Story Of Frank Umeadi As He Celebrates His Birthday by Nobody: 2:35am On May 23, 2016
Wow! This is what I call epic writing. A story that educates, encourage, inspire and motivates. After reading this story of a Nairalander, FraNKAPP, my life and mentality changed. And I could only help but to share with my fellow Nairalanders.
This is what he posted on his blog as he celebrates his birthday. Cc: lalasticlala please do the world a favour to read this

"With a heart full of joy and gladness, I wish myself a happy birthday!
I thank the Almighty God for enabling me witness this day. It’s not because of my power or might but because of the love HE has for me. I say may all adoration, exaltation, glory and honour be ascribed unto His holy name. Amen!
Indeed how time flies. It’s a wonderful transformation that took place with the speed of light. So, I want to seize this opportunity to save the world a detailed report of some parts of my life.
It is quite a long report but I believe it’s adorable, courageous, inspiring, educative and motivational. If you are ready, then I am ready. So, do get a cup of coffee and be chilling as we roll down.

WHO I AM

“Two days are most important in a man’s life. The day you were born and the day you discovered why”
As aforementioned, my name is FraNK SOMTOO UMEADI. I am a native of Abagana in Njikoka Local Government Area of Anambra state, Nigeria. I was born on May 23rd, 1993 in the family of three boys, no girl and I am the last born. I attended High School at St. Mary’s High School, Ifitedunu and graduated from Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Anambra state, in the department of Science Education (Computer Option).
I am the proud CEO of FraNKAPPWeb Technologies. I am a Tech Blogger / Owner of FraNKAPPTech.com. I am also an internet marketer and a programmer who writes in PHP, Java, C# etc. I am popularly known as FraNKAPP and you may be wondering why they call me that name right? Then continue reading.

HOW THE NAME FraNKAPP WAS CONCEIVED [MY STORY]

“Don’t give in much time talking in order to impress or correct your mistakes, rather let your actions, results and achievements do the talking for you” - FraNK UMEADI

You want to know why? Read my story.
It started on the 11th day of November 2011 which was the day Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka did her matriculation. Earlier to this date, I wrote the school’s screening test otherwise known as POST-UTME, but I was not lucky to be listed as one of those admitted. On that day, the noise and feeling of the matriculation was all over everywhere especially on Facebook. I was totally in a red world while I was in my village reading updates. But then, My Mother! My Mother!! My Mother!!! She came to me saying; son, go and pray, you will secure the admission. Hmm, in my mind, mom, any hope? I went ahead to pray, after the prayers I checked my admission status on that same matric day, Oops the reply was bad. It read “Sorry no admission given yet, admission process is still in progress”. I almost plucked out my pupil with tears, but then My Mother! My Mother!! My Mother!!! May God continue to bless her for me. She came consoling me and told me to go back and pray more that there is hope. This time, I prayed with high hope and trust in God.
I slept off that day and on waking up the next day, the first thing I did was to check my admission status. Oh My, Oh My World, after entering my REG NO and click check admission status, viola a congratulatory message engulfed above-the-fold of my phone screen. It read…
“Congratulations Umeadi FraNK Somtoo, you have been awarded a four year provisional admission into the Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka to study bla, bla, bla …”.
On seeing this I acted Archimedes, I started shouting Eureka, Eureka, Eureka, the whole village was dazed, I mean dazed.
But as you may know, that was just the beginning. The real deal started when I resumed school. As many others could have done, I resumed the next day, using the first week to do all necessary registrations, clearance and settling down.
Awsh! I was a new comer, everyone has already gone far in school, knowing the lecturers, course mates, getting the time table and others, but one thing is for sure, “The end justifies the means”. One of our top artist in Nigeria here, Flavour Nabania said in Igbo, “Nwoke je cha, o chere ibe ya (when a man gets there, he will wait for others)”. Nobody knew I was going to be the next campus big thing.
Sometimes I will be in class on low key observing and trying to know the good ones to anchor with. They were all behaving as if they are the pioneers of the school. I could remember when I first tried to talk to Favour Iwueze (Joy, Joy, Joy, Destiny Kids), oh my world; her reply was “I am coming”. Just like that she left .Thank God my senses were at the right order; I did not feel it much. After this incident, I said to myself, don’t give in much time talking in order to impress, make friends or even to correct a mistake, rather let my actions, results and achievements do the talking for me.
Then I went home and started to up my game and my skills towards my academics which were what brought me to school.
I knew that that very good day will come and the day came indeed. One of our lecturers gave us an important assignment that requires one’s skill and understanding in the field of application development (Programming). We were asked to write a computer program. Thanks to the knowledge I acquired at Successpoint Computer College Abagana, owned by Engr. Raphael Nweze. I used that knowledge to write the computer program like a professional. In the class, the lecturer demanded for the program. Low and behold, I was the only person that did it and not just doing it, but like a professional. The class stood still as the lecturer introduced me as the campus next big thing. He told the class that my name is FraNK and I can design/develop Apps more like a professional. Oh my world, I was already in blue world. The smiles and joy in me could not be compared. At that juncture, he gave me my complete 30 marks and told others to emulate, reference and consult me for guide.
Oh! I fainted in joy. I was wondering how I will face the class after the lecture. Eventually the class ended and wonders began to happen. I began to hear many names. Some came congratulating me as they call me different names like FraNK the App Master, FraNKAPP, FraNKAPPs, FraNK Application, FraNK the App Developer, FraNK Softwares, FraNK Programming. Oh! I can’t laugh and smile more. It was a day of joy. I left for home and on returning to school the next day, my popular name became FraNKAPP!
Do you know what happened after this incident?
That same girl Favour Iwueze that did not give me listening ear then called me on phone that she would like to see me. Hmm! How did she get my number? This time, I won’t feel so cheap; I had to hype my schedule to show am now important. I replied, call me tomorrow am in a meeting, Oh, since then, if anybody wants to see me, he or she will book a date one week before the date,
This joyful beginning did not end there; it was just a platform to my successful life. I thank the LORD!

MY FIRST VIABLE JOB EXPERIENCE [My Story]

“The word ABILITY most times comes last. When you have the INTEREST and DETERMINATION, you will be ABLE to achieve your desires”- FraNK UMEADI
You want to know why? Read my story.

It was around July, 2014, when I had to traveled to Lagos for a three months IT after successfully completing a three months Teaching Practice Program.
After three days, I started looking for a slot in a well-established ICT firm. I made 20 copies of my application letter. Believe me, on the first day, I trekked from Bode Thomas, Surulere to Lawanson all because I was looking for a better place where I will not just come and stay but to come and impact while being paid well. After the first day, I almost finished sharing the applications.
Though most of the ICT firms were telling me that they already have enough IT students but some gave me hope that they will call me soon. I took the hope gladly. On the second day, I used bicycle in order to reduce stress of trekking and also save cost of transportation. I rode a bicycle to many other ICT firms and I was able to submit more applications. After the first two days, I was gladly waiting in anticipation for many calls but the opposite was the case. None of the so called ICT firm called me. Oh, I felt like going back to Awka, Anambra state overnight. But then my mind said relax, go on and pray, then sleep. Oh, should I call my mother again! Yes, I will. She called me on phone that same day and said, baby just pray and it will be fine. Without much ado, I went ahead to launch a superb prayer session.
After my prayers, I slept off and there came a dream or rather trance, In fact, I don’t really know what happened. The dream taught me so many things. The dream said I have to spend to get what I want. Continue reading, you will understand why. The dream said to me that, don’t you know that when you trek or ride a bicycle to the place of work, you will be weak and unkempt? In my mind oh yes! It said again, don’t you know when you dress casually, you will be less important? Oh my world, yes! It said wake up and act.
After this dream, I only said thank you JESUS.
Immediately, I used the little money I had on me to enter market and get a very sharp packet shirt in preparation for the next day.
On the following day, this time no more polo, no more trekking, no more riding of bicycle, ratter I launched my sharp packet shirt, well ironed and properly tucked in a dazzling trouser. I flaunt a bike straight to the first ICT firm that I submitted my application. On getting there, the receptionist that met me earlier could not recognise me again. Unlike the first day, what she was saying is Good morning sir! Sir please have a seat. You are welcome sir. Oh, my heart was already rejoicing because my new method is working out. This time, I did not want to tell her why I was there.
I acted as a big client that has a contract to offer. Immediately I sat down, I requested that I may see the CEO. Unhesitatingly, she called him on phone telling him that Mr FraNK UMEADI wants to see him. In my mind, I said, this is what I want. Then the CEO said that I should come inside his office.
Immediately I Stood up, the receptionist rushed and opened the door for me as I walked in with 100% glamour, exuding my face and body. I greeted and shook hands with him to boost my confidence the more. You may have a seat he said. The next thing was; what’s your name and how may I help you sir? He asked me. On receiving this question, I remembered what my mother told me. May God continue to bless this woman. She said if I go to any place and they ask me what I want, I should hit the nail on the head and say what I want, that if I have the chance I will be given the opportunity, but if I have the chance and I was playing round the bush, the person will take me as a dubious person on arrival, then my chances will be gone. After remembering this, I went ahead to tell the man that “my name is FraNK UMEADI. I am a student of Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka. I was supposed to do a three month IT and I have come across your establishment, after a thorough review, I concluded that your establishment will be the perfect place for me to continue gaining more experience as I add more value to your establishment”. Wow! I’m amazed, the man yelled. What are your skills? He asked. I started to list them all ranging from writing with PHP, Java etc. The next question was, have you ever developed a desktop App for sending Bulk SMS? This was the most challenging question but I answered with caution. I said no sir, but I have the skills to develop such Apps especially when I have a friend called Google.
As fast as it was, the man said stop, resume work tomorrow and if you do well I will pay you N40K monthly. I did not feel too excited so as not to give him the impression that I needed the money more. Though in my heart, life just started meeen. I knew fully well that I have not developed that kind of App before and with the knowledge I had then I will not be able to do it. But then like I always say the word ABILITY most times comes last, the most important thing is INTEREST and DETERMINATION. Once you are interested and you are determined, you will not know where the ability will fly in from. With my interest and determination and also most importantly with the help of Google search engine, as well as that of Mr. Raji Philips of Zeroes and Ones technologies, I was able to develop the App within a month and their (Dalcoms Technologies, where I did my IT) clients started using it from day one after launching.
This is how I enjoyed my three months in the firm with my pay very much intact. It was on the day that I was given a goodbye wish from the company that the receptionist came telling me that she was very sorry. I should forgive her that she intentionally did not want to forward my earlier application to the CEO that she felt that there was no more opportunity in the firm that the only one that could come out will be at the expense of one of the staff. She was sorry.
After listening to her I said “My God is alive (in Igbo, chim mu anya)”.

MY BLOGGING CAREER AND HOW IT HAS IMPACTED POSITIVELY TO MY LIFE

The story is too long, please continue reading at http://frankapptech.com/inspiring-life-story-of-frank-umeadi-as-he-celebrates-his-birthday/

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Read An Inspiring Life Story Of Frank Umeadi As He Celebrates His Birthday by Interesting15: 6:44am On May 23, 2016
Happy birthday sir
Re: Read An Inspiring Life Story Of Frank Umeadi As He Celebrates His Birthday by mokoshalb(m): 7:07am On May 23, 2016
Educative and Inspirational Write up...youths should gain more from this, thumbs up bro!...
Lalasticlala, seun, obinoscopy... I think this should be on FP...

1 Like

Re: Read An Inspiring Life Story Of Frank Umeadi As He Celebrates His Birthday by Nobody: 7:26am On May 23, 2016
Cool, I read to the brim, nice one dre frankapptech... Lalasticlala, give it a shot....

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria 2020 (pictures) / Children's Birthday Party........bouncy Castle,mascots,dj,mc,funny Clown Etc / Make Regular Income For Life With Amazon Kindle Digital Publishing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.