Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Describe Your Dream Wedding - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Describe Your Dream Wedding (11101 Views)

Poll: Small wedding or big wedding?

Small Wedding: 54% (23 votes)
Big Wedding: 45% (19 votes)
This poll has ended

Get You Dream Wedding Photography Package For As Low As N180,000, Offer Includes / Rent Your Dream Wedding Gowns For As Low As N15000 In Abuja / Africa Dream Wedding Exhibition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Describe Your Dream Wedding by impish: 4:40pm On Aug 21, 2009
never thot of that! great idea. Always wanted same day, but the only way I knew was trad then church (for wedding), then reception, which involves alot of back and forth. but I quite like it ur way. I think Il do that for mine! thanx!
Re: Describe Your Dream Wedding by rosepearl(f): 4:51pm On Aug 21, 2009
hhmmmmm,really want a perfect wedding. will not want to put much burden on my husband to be.will like to do the registry,trad,and church. yeah to me i want a big party, but if my husband says no,who am i ? go with him.
Re: Describe Your Dream Wedding by Jarus(m): 4:54pm On Aug 21, 2009
Mine likely to come up before end of next year, God-willing.

Initially, I wanted it big, given the array of friends I have, but this wish has fizzled out.

I don't want a large, elaborate one again, but not too small sha. Maybe all my family, necessary people in her family, my close friends, her close friends, and a couple of colleagues, all not more than 100, expenses not more than N1m.
Re: Describe Your Dream Wedding by amosexy: 5:36pm On Aug 21, 2009
Very very very. . . . simple but gonna be going for honeymoon in 7 diff countries and dat is where all the spendings will go. wink cool
Re: Describe Your Dream Wedding by davidif: 6:15pm On Aug 21, 2009
Ehn, i want my wedding to be a huge wedding with tons of my friends and well wishers around. I want to get married in naija, in fact i am thinking of only doing a traditional wedding instead of a western style wedding.
Re: Describe Your Dream Wedding by Epi: 6:49pm On Aug 21, 2009
sunset on the beach with close friends and family. No flower girls, no bridemaids
Wedding song(dance) "Unchained Melody
leave for honeymoon - horse and carriage
honeymoon - cuba or mexico
Re: Describe Your Dream Wedding by mamagee6(f): 7:10pm On Aug 21, 2009
It's undescribable. grin grin grin
Re: Describe Your Dream Wedding by Secretz(f): 7:19pm On Aug 21, 2009
Me, my guy, my parents, his parents, closest friends. . . . at a registry, or church, then p*** off to a peppe soup joint.

or everything all traditional and big if everyone else is willing to pay for it. tongue grin
Re: Describe Your Dream Wedding by chukudibab(m): 7:38pm On Aug 21, 2009
Me and the Priest in the church
my wife will stay back at home.
grin grin sad sad
Re: Describe Your Dream Wedding by davidif: 8:01pm On Aug 21, 2009
If you guys are thinking of small wedding, you should think of doing your wedding outside of Nigeria because people will come whether they are invited or not. That is one thing I experience about that country. Before I went home last year to do my traditional marriage, I was thinking of small thing but oh boy, was I wrong. uninvited people are tripled the people I invited but thank God, I was ready and my father that came with me was financially ready because he knows Nigerian mentally. Despite all the money we spend, on planning to return back to USA, everyone was still expecting us to give them money including my belongings. We came back to USA broke and my nothing left in my suitcase but it was fun sha. Good luck guys.

ha ha ha ha ha.
Re: Describe Your Dream Wedding by davidif: 8:03pm On Aug 21, 2009
It will be a small wedding: just me, my wife, her parents and siblings,
my parents and siblings, and our 2 or 3 closest friends. And registry officials.

We'll go to the registry, sign the papers (prenuptial and marriage certificate),
then go to the nearest eatery for cake and ice cream after which I will drive
the bride to a peaceful hotel/resort far away[b] so we can minister to each other.[/b]

omo oga seun, i just can't wait to minister on my wedding night he he he.
Re: Describe Your Dream Wedding by adaku123(f): 9:09pm On Aug 21, 2009
All This Talk Of Small Wedding Is Giving me Goose Pimples!!Lol grin grin> >Having A Big Wedding Does Not Mean The Wedding Will Be A success But The Same Thing Applies To Small Weddings!!

Having A Small wedding Is according to your preference and the size of your pocket tongue tongue!! It doesnt Mean it will be Succesful!!!

Anyway I Think Big Wedding Is The Way 2 GO!! But Dats Me!!! grin grin grin

I Think Since You Are In Love And you are Doing Dis Only OnCe In Your Life>> So Why Not Do It Big!!!
Anyway I Have A Lot Of Family & Friends And So I want A Big Wedding>> However the theme is Still Elegance because it is difficult to have a unique wedding in Naija!!! The only thing unique could be marrying underwater, under the 3rd mainland bridge, marrying in a zoo!!! grin grin

I think everyone woman is unique feels they can have a unique wedding but half the weddings i have been to where either dis or dat !! But the brides tot  it was unique!! D point is to have fun and make sure u can afford it!! There is no use spending so much and then having a heart attack after tthe marrriage grin grin

People always say small weddings are intimate but I personally dont want to get intimate with anyone but my husband !!! However I want everyone I know to share my joy and be a part of one of the most exciting and important days in my life!!! Ah Ah Its Not Easy TO Agree to be Shackled To Some Man For The Rest Of My Life!!! U need to remember this day everytime U want to Kill Him grin grin grin

Re: Describe Your Dream Wedding by impish: 9:20pm On Aug 21, 2009
lol. true say. size of ur wedn doesnt say much about the quality of the marriage afterwards. but ur weddin, or how u want it to be says alot about ur character. some ppl like me are a bit on the conservative side, hence y i want my wedn to b small. hav loadsa siblings and weve done like a million wedns, all loud and huge, but i just want mine to b different. not rly goin for unique, but sumthin that suits my personality n makes me comfortable and happy. its just all the thins ive noticed at wedns ive attended that i hope to put right at mine, but u no now. it nevr really goes as planned. i guess the koko is to marry ur soulmate, the weddin is only symbolic. the marriage (union), thats the KOKO!
Re: Describe Your Dream Wedding by greateliso(m): 9:53pm On Aug 21, 2009
adaku123:

Its Not Easy TO Agree to be Shackled To Some Man For The Rest Of My Life!!! U need to remember this day everytime U want to Kill Him[/b] grin grin grin

[i think i agree with this.

but for me, i will prefer a simple wedding.
all the best, when time come
Re: Describe Your Dream Wedding by drharry: 10:17pm On Aug 21, 2009
Hmm, DREAM WEDDING,
Here comes the groom in Cream coloured Giorgio armani suit with shoes to match,

and comes my bride, looking flawless and angelic in a white lace wedding dress with diamond embroidery and her veil carried by 6 bridesmaid.

The Bridal train stretches from one end of the aisle to the other end. Vows are exchanged as we declare our undying love to each other.

After the reception, we step into a waiting limousine as it takes us to a private jet as we go for our honeymoon in the Carribean.

So help me God smiley smiley
Re: Describe Your Dream Wedding by na2day2(m): 11:13pm On Aug 21, 2009
@ topic

my dream wedding is, just my bride and me, plus pastor and 2 witness, her dad takes care of the tab wink wink wink
Re: Describe Your Dream Wedding by collins011(m): 11:22pm On Aug 21, 2009
hmm! imagine seun saying his weddin will be for him and his family. he is aleady in for a big big suprise because to my best of knowledge, nairaland alone have about 250,000 and am sure none of us is going to miss it. infact he should be expecting 500,000 peeps that day! is a none negotiable deal
Re: Describe Your Dream Wedding by shesi(m): 5:39am On Aug 22, 2009
i never knew so many guys dream about their weddings. interesting.
Re: Describe Your Dream Wedding by davidif: 7:29am On Aug 22, 2009
hmm! imagine seun saying his weddin will be for him and his family. he is aleady in for a big big suprise because to my best of knowledge, nairaland alone have about 250,000 and am sure none of us is going to miss it. infact he should be expecting 500,000 peeps that day! is a none negotiable deal

ha ha ha ha ha.

i never knew so many guys dream about their weddings. interesting.
We are not westerners you know.
Re: Describe Your Dream Wedding by rasputinn(m): 7:52am On Aug 22, 2009
Why dream about weddings or why should a guy think of a "dream wedding",that's for the sistas prolly,don't you know that the dreamier,the wedding,the bigger the hole in the guys pocket? grin grin grin
Re: Describe Your Dream Wedding by Fiona0007: 12:27pm On Aug 22, 2009
@topic
I for one never dreamt of having a big wedding. If found someone I want to be with for years, maybe I marry without a wedding wink if posssible.
Re: Describe Your Dream Wedding by otokx(m): 12:28pm On Aug 22, 2009
The last time i wanted to dream about my wedding i woke up sweating in annoyance; if wishes could come true then it has to be a traditional ceremony of a maximum of 50 guests.
Re: Describe Your Dream Wedding by Rebarobyn: 4:46pm On Aug 22, 2009
I want an average but classy wedding by a pool side between 100-150 people, I want a buffet for my guests. I don't want a bridal train, just my bridesmaid and the best man, may be a few friends will buy aso-ebi or may be I'll just choose color codes for them. but I want my honeymoon to be a life-time memory, maybe Mauritius or the Seychelles, a honeymoon suite by the beach during summer/spring, OMG, can't wait smiley
Re: Describe Your Dream Wedding by Nobody: 4:51pm On Aug 22, 2009
This talk about how the size doesn't guarantee success scares me oh! The whole marriage thing  is scary. But the best will be to spend less in case the need for another encounter.And since spending comes mainly from the groom and his family (rarely bride and her people pitch in, when they do,that depends on how popular they are, how old she is and trying to dominate the groom and his people from day1), he should be careful. In the house, no money no love, no honey oh! Guys, open ur eyes well, well, no fall for all this money-vanishing things oh!
Re: Describe Your Dream Wedding by Nobody: 4:56pm On Aug 22, 2009
Why can't people just select one thing:registry, traditional or white and go for honeymoon and home and relax?? Is it hard, allow society people to be doing their thing. You know and hear the sound of their weddings and I don't hear the sound of divorce. If you don't belong, don't get urself hurt.
Re: Describe Your Dream Wedding by Rebarobyn: 5:02pm On Aug 22, 2009
ferdiii:

Why can't people just select one thing:registry, traditional or white and go for honeymoon and home and relax?? Is it hard, allow society people to be doing their thing. You know and hear the sound of their weddings and I don't hear the sound of divorce. If you don't belong, don't get urself hurt.

are you scared of spending? grin
Re: Describe Your Dream Wedding by Phony200(m): 12:36pm On Aug 23, 2009
The choice of small weddings is not about the money. I love small, classy events. All my bdays have been friends and family. My partner knows too and feels the same so there's no way it'd be my choice to go big. Dream wedding would be somewhere quiet. . . i'd like to say my own vows. Reception would be freestyle with a little of everything. Honeymoon in the caribbeans, i'm hoping to get nothing less than 2 wks. God dey. . . Dreaming in the daytime nah bad thing, I'm going back to work. grin grin grin
Re: Describe Your Dream Wedding by spikedcylinder: 2:20pm On Aug 23, 2009
Lol. I love Kareema. cheesy
Re: Describe Your Dream Wedding by Gabry(f): 2:33am On Aug 24, 2009
Thanks for your contribution guys. As for me, my dream wedding would be:-

A nice sweet and simple marriage in church, after church they would be a lunch reception. I only invite the family members and my husbands parents friends and close friends and my parents close friends (I dont want to invite my close and good friends cause they are toooooo many of them and I dont want us to suffer with the bills later, I will spend them another day for lunch or something) and after the lunch evryone can go back home and leave us alone caue at night is SEX SEX SEX! grin grin grin tongue
Re: Describe Your Dream Wedding by na2day2(m): 3:29am On Aug 24, 2009
Gabry:

Thanks for your contribution guys. As for me, my dream wedding would be:-

A nice sweet and simple marriage in church, after church they would be a lunch reception. I only invite the family members and my husbands parents friends and close friends and my parents close friends (I dont want to invite my close and good friends cause they are toooooo many of them and I dont want us to suffer with the bills later, I will spend them another day for lunch or something) and after the lunch evryone can go back home and leave us alone caue at night is SEX SEX SEX! grin grin grin tongue

yeah, i read that in a story book some where lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Describe Your Dream Wedding by Gabry(f): 10:16am On Aug 24, 2009
na2day?:

yeah, i read that in a story book some where lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

U always have something to say about my post. Now which book could it be?
Re: Describe Your Dream Wedding by enet1(m): 11:44am On Aug 24, 2009
AS 4 ME,SHA,I WOULD LIKE 2 HAVE MY DREAM WEDDING IN D AIR.I WOULD LOVE 2 HAVE IT IN A JET THAT IS MOVING WITH MEMBERS OF MY FAMILY AND THAT OF MY WIFE.ALSO PRESENT WILL BE MY AND MY WIFE"S FRIEND,WELL-WISHERS AND CLOSE PALS.OFFICIATING MINISTERS WOULD ALSO BE THERE.AFTER FINISHING D WEDDING IN MID-AIR,ME AND MY WIFE WILL BE ON A YACHT AND GO TO SOME ISLANDS ,PREFERABLY,BAHAMAS 4 OUR HONEYMOON.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Brides Dressed In Traditional Wedding Dresses / Ex-Ghana President Mahama, Maryam Abacha, FCT Minister Grace National Peace Awar / Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.