Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,081 members, 7,811,022 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:01 PM

Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? (11224 Views)

Five People That Can Ruin Your Wedding Ceremony / why it is good to confirm before you believe or post any writeup / What Will Your Wedding Cost? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by safeact(m): 9:40am On Feb 16, 2010
A friend wants to borrow money for his wedding to pay back later.  This was not his initial arrangement but the proposed wife had to come up with extra arrangement.  When asked, she said that she doesn't want her wedding to be a low key so that the friends would not take her for granted.

Please what's your opinion?  Is it good to go borrowing just to spice up your wedding?  Can your wife who initially told you that she wouldn't mind the nature of the wedding now came because she has gained ground to demand that you borrow to wed her.
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by justwise(m): 9:46am On Feb 16, 2010
safeact:

A friend wants to borrow money for his wedding to pay back later. Dis was not his initial arrangement but d proposed wife had to come up with extra arrangement,when asked, she said that she doesnt want her wedding to be a low key so that d friends would not take her for granted. Pls whats your opinion? Is it good to go borrowing just to spice up your wedding. Can your wife who initially told u that she wouldnt mind d nature of d wedding now came because she has gained ground to demand that u borrow to wed her.

Bad idea, very bad, if the wife wants maga-wedding then she should borrow in her name. People should learn how to live within their income.
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by Officerricky(m): 9:55am On Feb 16, 2010
Need i tell u, comrade?
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by googles: 10:14am On Feb 16, 2010
[size=13pt]why should any one do that ?
wat is the purpose of marriage ??
its being able to sustain your family on watever it is you earn
so if you haven't got that kinda security why marry ??
na by force ?? them tether you go altar
so after the wedding police go dey drag you up and down cos of borrow pose wedding
so wats the joy in the marriage ??
when will the friends still not laff at her ??
mcheeeew. . . .i don vex
borrow-pose wedding . . . . phsst [/size]
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by Taken(m): 10:17am On Feb 16, 2010
Cut ya coat according to ya materials - If dem borrow do wedding wetin dem go live upon after wedding?
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by Kelvinj(m): 10:19am On Feb 16, 2010
BAD IDEA!!

PARENTAL ADVISORY.
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by rogodo(m): 10:19am On Feb 16, 2010
Kindly advice your friend to desist from borrowing because he will live to regret the action.
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by daduke2k(m): 10:21am On Feb 16, 2010
bad ideeeeeeeeeeeeeea angry angry
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by coolier(f): 10:23am On Feb 16, 2010
justwise:

People should learn how to live within their income.

Well said.
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by toliamy: 10:39am On Feb 16, 2010
googles:

[size=13pt]why should any one do that ?
wat is the purpose of marriage ??
its being able to sustain your family on watever it is you earn
so if you haven't got that kinda security why marry ??
na by force ?? them tether you go altar
so after the wedding police go dey drag you up and down cos of borrow pose wedding
so wats the joy in the marriage ??
when will the friends still not laff at her ??
mcheeeew. . . .i don vex
borrow-pose wedding . . . . phsst [/size]
i supporte you,youve said it all
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by Nobody: 10:54am On Feb 16, 2010
@poster
the problem is that most people dont really marry for them but for the "image" that this marriage will bring so they all want the big flashy wedding. see how the whole borrowing thingy is just about how "her friends" are going to take her for granted.

even if that poor man doesnt want the low key, the wife will be so persistent that he will have no option but to borrow the loot.
starting married life on debts is definitely not a smart idea but starting married life with a pissed off wifey either.
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by Willyblinks(m): 12:03pm On Feb 16, 2010
We all know whats right but to face the truth, its not eassy, seeing the pressure the women brings upon the guys when it comes to marriage, nd remember no one wants to see the wife's face look like a dog's pooh on their weding day. for ''the ladies'' pls tell me whats wrong with the woman planning ahead as the man does saving money with regards to her marriage, thus if he can afford just a low key with her assistance they can make it an average marriage, and for ''the guys'' if there's not enough money{urs & hers} for the wedding ceremoney and more for feeding he should make it as low as he can or keep off from marriage for the period of his lack until he has enough, the most important thing here is their life after the weding not just the party, not about their friends.
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by Kx: 12:06pm On Feb 16, 2010
Cut ur coat according to ur size.Dont borrow to waste.
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by r231(m): 12:08pm On Feb 16, 2010
its very wrong
just advise your friend to postpone it till they are both ready financially.
they can open one account setup a min-max amt that dey can afford to save each month jointly.
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by safeact(m): 1:10pm On Feb 16, 2010
Tnx 4 ur wönderful advises. D issue is that d girl in question is hoping to recover d möney 4rm her guests as she hopes to invite big shots that will spray her enough money on that day? Pls is it realizable?
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by Kx: 1:15pm On Feb 16, 2010
safeact:

Tnx 4 your wönderful advises. D issue is that d girl in question is hoping to recover d möney 4rm her guests as she hopes to invite big shots that will spray her enough money on that day? Pls is it realizable?

No guarantee.
It could rain all through the ceremony.
Sounds like building castles in the air
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by iice(f): 2:00pm On Feb 16, 2010
Borrow oo!
It's good to start a new life with debt wink
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Feb 16, 2010
If he is stupid enough to borrow please dont lend him any of your. Once lent money to a friend getting married, took Police, EFCC and over 8 months infact we had to trail him for days to find his new office before i could get my money and when he went to write a statement the idiot said i did not lend him money but i was only angry that he jilted me and married someone else, I was so embarassed and shocked, my saving grace was that i had a witness and my cousin who was his friend stood and said the truth. Never ever ever. Because i actually took my office money and gave him. I was running from pilllar to post for money i knew nothing about.
Funny thing, he borrowed lots of money from lots of people to project an image to the girls family, the marriage did not last 6 months, too much debts, too many lies just cos they wanted a society wedding, yes they hard a society big wedding but a horrible marriage
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Feb 16, 2010
safeact:

Tnx 4 your wönderful advises. D issue is that d girl in question is hoping to recover d möney 4rm her guests as she hopes to invite big shots that will spray her enough money on that day? Pls is it realizable?

can you IMAGINE!? and then you wonder why people do get married!

so is the marriage about the union or just about how much money you guys can make out of it?

check your priorities!
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by tai2(m): 2:23pm On Feb 16, 2010
Yes o,borrow money. Borrow as much as you like,three months come here and whine about how you're contemplating suicide because of money you owe and the fact that you can't afford the latest Mercedes that your wife wants so her friends will know she married a husband. Olodo, after all her friends must see the wedding in Ovation or Citi People. She's getting married for her friends sake abi? Why doesn't she stand on Sanusi Fafunwa and hawk herself to get money for the wedding.
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by romsky: 2:29pm On Feb 16, 2010
y get solemnized with debt?
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by Ben13: 2:33pm On Feb 16, 2010
romsky, tell him to make sure he pays back.
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by Godalone(m): 4:06pm On Feb 16, 2010
How can he borrow? They want to start life with debt. nawa o
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by DOAweb(m): 4:37pm On Feb 16, 2010

Absolute Madness - all because some girl wants to show off.

Come to think of it, if she gonna borrow the money and pay it back herself - Fair deal.
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by safeact(m): 7:23pm On Feb 16, 2010
Ouch!!!
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by chika98: 7:27pm On Feb 16, 2010
People will take her for granted? The said people are going to be living with them?
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by Igwe9(m): 7:41pm On Feb 16, 2010
if she's got a good reason and the amount is not what the man can pay back within a month, no probs, else he should stick to his original plan cool
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by safeact(m): 7:54pm On Feb 16, 2010
Lol
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by ayettymama(f): 10:28pm On Feb 16, 2010
people do it all the time

where else do u think most of them get money??

credit cards bank loans blah blah!
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by MaiSuya(m): 10:58pm On Feb 16, 2010
Tee hee! did I hear marriage on credit? Well there's a first time for everything grin . . .
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by chidyke77(m): 11:17am On Feb 17, 2010
Which one is more shameful to u? Borrowing for your wedding which became d talk of d town for your friends bt didnt last because u later lives frm hand to mouth because your creditors hv dealt wt u for prolonging the refund of the money or a non extravagant wedding bt hv peace and rest of mind in your marriage afterward wt no embarrassment frm anyone u borrowed frm.
So think abt it cos my wife wl never force me to do what i knw is beyond my means unles she's ready to take care of d expenses.
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by justwise(m): 11:24am On Feb 17, 2010
ayettymama:

people do it all the time

where else do u think most of them get money??

credit cards bank loans blah blah!

This is true as well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Only Virgins Deserve White Weddings? / 2021 August Meeting: ABN TV Boss' Mum Bags Nne Oha Of Ebem Ohafia [pix, Video] / 10 Real Life Mermaid Caught On Camera (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.