Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,489 members, 7,770,202 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:17 AM

FG Set To Unveil Nigerian Housing Model- Fashola - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / FG Set To Unveil Nigerian Housing Model- Fashola (13113 Views)

Fashola Tells Landlords To Collect Rents In Arrears / Fashola Inspects Houses Constructed Under The National Housing Programme In Uyo / Smart Homes: The Future Of Nigerian Housing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Set To Unveil Nigerian Housing Model- Fashola by Laredojohn(m): 6:07am On May 23, 2016
The Federal Government is set to unveil a Nigerian housing model that will be suitable and acceptable to all Nigerians. Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Mr Babatunde Fashola, who disclosed this at a forum in Abuja, said government is already working on the design in furtherance of the its housing policy. “A lot of work is going on and very soon you will see the result of that work. Let me be very clear; we are in a result business but I have learnt that it is results that are sustainable that become enduring. “We’ve built all sorts of houses but when you look at it, has a housing implementation programme responded to you? Has it responded to many people? So, it is because there was no sustainability in them. So they change as the government changes. Now that’s what we are working on to build; first to design a Nigerian house – a design that all of us can say, yes, if I get a house here, I will live here. “These are the things that are going on in the ministry now; a few designs have evolved, we are working; we are going to meet again because this process is being driven by the civil servants and by private sector volunteers, who are contributing to help. But because the process is going to be owned and driven over a long time by the civil servants, I want as much of their input in it because I will not be there tomorrow. But those who helped to build it, as long as they remain in the system, they will hand it over,” he stated. Commenting on the campaign promise by the All Progressives Congress to build 250,000 houses annually, Fashola said his focus was on long-term solution rather than on the number of houses the present administration would build. “Right now, I am not focusing on the number of houses that this administration will build; rather, I’m focusing on a long-term solution that whether this administration is there tomorrow or not, it will be difficult to say you want to change it because it works. In a matter of weeks, we will finish and unveil the design. We already have a budget then we can start something to validate our concept; then we will expand next year. “But what that policy will also bring is predictability to the small and medium factories in Nigeria who make door handles, paints, nails, fittings, windows, roofing sheet. Because they know now that this market is ready, they can position themselves. It is not a rush; we will just show you a house then we cannot do it next year. We are planning and that is the hardest part,” the minister stated. He further said that once construction began, workers such as artisans, food vendors, builders, tank drivers, suppliers, among others, would be engaged to boost the economy.

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/fg-set-unveil-nigerian-housing-model-fashola/
Cc: lalasticlala

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Set To Unveil Nigerian Housing Model- Fashola by madridguy(m): 6:09am On May 23, 2016
Good news.

5 Likes

Re: FG Set To Unveil Nigerian Housing Model- Fashola by Luckylife(m): 6:15am On May 23, 2016
Ok
Re: FG Set To Unveil Nigerian Housing Model- Fashola by shamsuRana(m): 6:17am On May 23, 2016
Quality buildings please...

1 Like

Re: FG Set To Unveil Nigerian Housing Model- Fashola by lonelydora: 6:33am On May 23, 2016
Quality and standard house please. Make e reach poor man too, no bi later them go share am among themselves.
Re: FG Set To Unveil Nigerian Housing Model- Fashola by wayne4loan: 6:33am On May 23, 2016
Oga fashola focus more on the energy sector not these irrelevant piss-of-shiit

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Set To Unveil Nigerian Housing Model- Fashola by SycophanticGoat: 6:33am On May 23, 2016
Too many future tense in this government (of which some of them are more like future impossible tense)... SmH

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Set To Unveil Nigerian Housing Model- Fashola by tooman: 6:33am On May 23, 2016
hhhmmm for existing houses ?

I smell trouble

1 Like

Re: FG Set To Unveil Nigerian Housing Model- Fashola by Java001: 6:34am On May 23, 2016
I see

7 Likes

Re: FG Set To Unveil Nigerian Housing Model- Fashola by Elnino4ladies: 6:34am On May 23, 2016
Nice one baba
Re: FG Set To Unveil Nigerian Housing Model- Fashola by pacino26(m): 6:35am On May 23, 2016
Housing model on which payment plan? It's our mortgage institutions working? With the current minimum wage and cost of construction how feasible is it going to be?

9 Likes

Re: FG Set To Unveil Nigerian Housing Model- Fashola by Jengem: 6:37am On May 23, 2016
Fashole baba
Re: FG Set To Unveil Nigerian Housing Model- Fashola by kinghazzy(m): 6:37am On May 23, 2016
Dis is nonsense

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Set To Unveil Nigerian Housing Model- Fashola by ernie1234(m): 6:38am On May 23, 2016
My concern is the need for the housing project to get to the low income earners. Not to sharing it amongs themselves

2 Likes

Re: FG Set To Unveil Nigerian Housing Model- Fashola by ernie1234(m): 6:40am On May 23, 2016
pacino26:
Housing model on which payment plan? It's our mortgage institutions working? With the current minimum wage and cost of construction how feasible is it going to be?

Oga our Mortgage are working. You have not approached it yet

1 Like

Re: FG Set To Unveil Nigerian Housing Model- Fashola by mccoy47(m): 6:40am On May 23, 2016
Laredojohn:
The Federal Government is set to unveil a Nigerian housing model that will be suitable and acceptable to
But because the process is going to be owned and driven over a long time by the civil servants, I want as much of their input in it because I will not be there tomorrow. But those who helped to build it, as long as they remain in the system, they will hand it over,” he stated. Commenting on the campaign promise by the All Progressives Congress to build 250,000 houses annually, Fashola said his focus was on long-term solution rather than on the number of houses the present administration would build. “Right now, I am not focusing on the number of houses that this administration will build; rather

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/fg-set-unveil-nigerian-housing-model-fashola/
Cc: lalasticlala

The APC we know. No be today

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Set To Unveil Nigerian Housing Model- Fashola by adegunwa4real(m): 6:41am On May 23, 2016
Fantasies everywhere!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Set To Unveil Nigerian Housing Model- Fashola by simplemach(m): 6:42am On May 23, 2016
too many policies, non implemented.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Set To Unveil Nigerian Housing Model- Fashola by Innodon(m): 6:42am On May 23, 2016
Ok
Re: FG Set To Unveil Nigerian Housing Model- Fashola by EmekaBlue(m): 6:51am On May 23, 2016
Ministerial jack of all trade and master of none..

6 Likes

Re: FG Set To Unveil Nigerian Housing Model- Fashola by mysteriousman(m): 6:52am On May 23, 2016
Nigeria needs a good housing plan and good rental plan as well to regulate prices at which apartments are been rented, in other countries people see investment in housing as a long term investment but here when someone builds a house for private usage he wants to reap out his investment in 2 years by charging an exorbitant amount as rent and the civil servant who needs the shelter by all means seeks alternative means to get money to pay for the house, that's how he ends up doing illegal things in his place of work to get extra cash and that's how corruption manifest.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Set To Unveil Nigerian Housing Model- Fashola by loomer: 6:53am On May 23, 2016
Light no dey, una dey talk of housing models, abi the house na generators people go dey use for inside?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Set To Unveil Nigerian Housing Model- Fashola by Stanbeto: 6:53am On May 23, 2016
If you can fix the power first every other thing will take care of them selfs

2 Likes

Re: FG Set To Unveil Nigerian Housing Model- Fashola by itstpia8: 6:54am On May 23, 2016

1 Like

Re: FG Set To Unveil Nigerian Housing Model- Fashola by amazingspiderma: 6:56am On May 23, 2016
Nothing was said here.
walksoutofthread#

1 Like

Re: FG Set To Unveil Nigerian Housing Model- Fashola by itstpia8: 6:57am On May 23, 2016
who are these folks posting crap after I type something?
Re: FG Set To Unveil Nigerian Housing Model- Fashola by TPAND(f): 6:57am On May 23, 2016
250,000 thousand yearly, I guess 2015 and 2016 are not part of the proposed year.

Failed government

4 Likes

Re: FG Set To Unveil Nigerian Housing Model- Fashola by Pavore9: 7:08am On May 23, 2016
Until we see it!
Re: FG Set To Unveil Nigerian Housing Model- Fashola by macino1(m): 7:13am On May 23, 2016
Another futuristic promise as usual.
Re: FG Set To Unveil Nigerian Housing Model- Fashola by kushma(m): 7:13am On May 23, 2016
Minister of darkness how market
You have no finished fixing light/power issues you are already talking about models haba what have done to you to deserve this?
Re: FG Set To Unveil Nigerian Housing Model- Fashola by EmmaOgbu(m): 7:19am On May 23, 2016
250000 Houses/year

8 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sliding Window Or Casement Window " Please Advise " / Earn Over #20.0m Monthly Income In Lagoon Dredging / .Affordable architectural design.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.