Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,928 members, 7,814,124 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

Please Help !, I Need My To Separate From My Efik Wife Traditionally. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Help !, I Need My To Separate From My Efik Wife Traditionally. (1000 Views)

My Husband Refused To Take A Second Wife, Please Separate Us, Woman Tells Court / Woman Seeking To Separate Fighters Set Son, Seven-year-old Ablaze / Wife To Separate From Husband For Relocating Too Much (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help !, I Need My To Separate From My Efik Wife Traditionally. by JOHNMASON(m): 7:05am On May 23, 2016
I was married to an Erik girl January 2010 but the marriage didn't last due to some issues , at a point we went our separate ways and it has been up to three years now . so I had she is remarried and I also want to get married to someone else too . how do I now get back the bride price I paid on her?, the money is not important to me but that is a sure thing I am supposed to do to convince my new inlaws that am no more married to her. So nairalanders please suggest to me how I go about it. Thank you all in advance.
Re: Please Help !, I Need My To Separate From My Efik Wife Traditionally. by menstrualpad: 7:31am On May 23, 2016
JOHNMASON:
I was married to an Erik girl January 2010 but the marriage didn't last due to some issues , at a point we went our separate ways and it has been up to three years now . so I had she is remarried and I also want to get married to someone else too . how do I now get back the bride price I paid on her?, the money is not important to me but that is a sure thing I am supposed to do to convince my new inlaws that am no more married to her. So nairalanders please suggest to me how I go about it. Thank you all in advance.
Go and collect your wife and stop wailing here.

1 Like

Re: Please Help !, I Need My To Separate From My Efik Wife Traditionally. by thorpido(m): 7:54am On May 23, 2016
Did you marry her in the village?If you did,then go and meet her people and simply tell them you need to dissolve the union.

3 Likes

Re: Please Help !, I Need My To Separate From My Efik Wife Traditionally. by njiasi30(f): 7:55am On May 23, 2016
It's nt something to worry abt, since she's already married. Discuss with ur ppl and also ur village elders, dey will tell u d way 4ward. Shikina!!!

Seriously, u need to collect dat bride price to free urself 4rm her if nt she's still ur wife oh. In my place until she returns d pride price, any child she gives birth 2 is urs. Anything dat happens to her, it's u dat dey know so do d needful and ve peace of mind.

I wish u all d best, in ur new marriage. wink

2 Likes

Re: Please Help !, I Need My To Separate From My Efik Wife Traditionally. by tempest01(m): 9:12am On May 23, 2016
ive heard lots of negatives about efik girls....

Theres this pity for those tht marry them where i am from....

don't knw why.

OP you should look for an elderly efik person from where you married and get advice.
Re: Please Help !, I Need My To Separate From My Efik Wife Traditionally. by Zidjay(f): 9:37am On May 23, 2016
Wait o, so they would count the brideprice and return to you, you sef go open hand collect am? I hope you'd also be returning their daughter the same way they handed her over to you. cheesy

Anyways, I no sabi that kain tradition, but I wonder why ordinary brideprice should hinder you from moving on with your life.

1 Like

Re: Please Help !, I Need My To Separate From My Efik Wife Traditionally. by Eketem: 10:15am On May 23, 2016
Approach a customary court and seek for formal divorce

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Spend Your Saturdays. / I Saw My Brother Wife In Hotel Can I Inform My Brother / Parents Does Not Want Him To Get Married To A Woman Who Has Given Birth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.