Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:38 AM

Students Write Their Exams On The Floor In Akwa Ibom (photo) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Students Write Their Exams On The Floor In Akwa Ibom (photo) (19412 Views)

Oko Poly Students Write Their Test In A Dark Hall (Photo) / LAUTECH Shut Down, Jambites Not Allow To Write Their Exams (Photos) / How Students Write Exams At The American University Of Nigeria (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Students Write Their Exams On The Floor In Akwa Ibom (photo) by Nobody: 11:21am On May 23, 2016
ollymoore:
And dey are going to spend millions of naira on may29 to celebrate one year in office doing nothing
Am waiting to see them spend angry
Re: Students Write Their Exams On The Floor In Akwa Ibom (photo) by Omonigeriarere: 11:23am On May 23, 2016
Perosneh:
With all the allocations Akwa Ibom got

I wonder oooo
Re: Students Write Their Exams On The Floor In Akwa Ibom (photo) by Slimgenius(f): 11:24am On May 23, 2016
That's what happens when we have wicked people as leaders in a country
Re: Students Write Their Exams On The Floor In Akwa Ibom (photo) by Omonigeriarere: 11:25am On May 23, 2016
tundelis:
See Weytin Buhari cus

What a gross under-utilization of intellectual capability!

1 Like

Re: Students Write Their Exams On The Floor In Akwa Ibom (photo) by Nobody: 11:26am On May 23, 2016
And how will such students pass the exams.
Re: Students Write Their Exams On The Floor In Akwa Ibom (photo) by kanimu: 11:29am On May 23, 2016
MadCow1:
I thought they said Akpabio turned Akwa Ibom into New York? grin grin grin grin grin

so we see am

Abi Akwa Ibom Winches no gree the transformation last? grin

1 Like

Re: Students Write Their Exams On The Floor In Akwa Ibom (photo) by LovesonBlezz(m): 11:30am On May 23, 2016
BizBloke:

This is a joke, right?
ln my days of sec. sch. in d state...students especially in senior classes were asked to provide lockers for themselves..n if u dnt hav then u are bound to write ur exams on d floor. Besides is govt. suppose to provide everytin after makin education free? cant parents make jst a locker for their wards?
Re: Students Write Their Exams On The Floor In Akwa Ibom (photo) by kanimu: 11:32am On May 23, 2016
Omonigeriarere:

I wonder oooo
Y ,Wonder he is the best governoure that build international Hospital at Akwa Ibom state
Re: Students Write Their Exams On The Floor In Akwa Ibom (photo) by fxskye: 11:34am On May 23, 2016
Hmmmm......A state where uncommon transformations took place!
Re: Students Write Their Exams On The Floor In Akwa Ibom (photo) by Odani: 11:37am On May 23, 2016
MadCow1:
I thought they said Akpabio turned Akwa Ibom into New York? grin grin grin grin grin

Abi Akwa Ibom Winches no gree the transformation last? grin

guy help ask o, wen pipo be saying wat they dnt know
Re: Students Write Their Exams On The Floor In Akwa Ibom (photo) by afonjay: 11:38am On May 23, 2016
What do u expect , this is a state where first class ashawo is S .A to the governor is appointed now tell me what admistrative idear does dat prostitute ve to take dat state forward. The most dirtiest state in nigeria. A state where colombo boys had taken over their streets. The type of adcance ALMAGIRI in dat st is beyond my imaginatio. PLS back up
Re: Students Write Their Exams On The Floor In Akwa Ibom (photo) by Swazzkid(m): 11:46am On May 23, 2016
were are we heading to? and some politicians are buying private jets, houses worth millions of naira while d poor masses shallow in vast poverty

anyways I believe in #Naija
*in Eldee voice* one day one day e go better for Naija
Re: Students Write Their Exams On The Floor In Akwa Ibom (photo) by megareal: 11:49am On May 23, 2016
All these free education dey expensive o.
Re: Students Write Their Exams On The Floor In Akwa Ibom (photo) by JohnQueen(m): 11:53am On May 23, 2016
So much for the free education!
Re: Students Write Their Exams On The Floor In Akwa Ibom (photo) by menxer: 12:00pm On May 23, 2016
That's the product of Uncommon free and compulsory education.
Re: Students Write Their Exams On The Floor In Akwa Ibom (photo) by Nobody: 12:01pm On May 23, 2016
All hail Akpabio!

Vote for change. They won't listen. !
Re: Students Write Their Exams On The Floor In Akwa Ibom (photo) by purpleblood: 12:03pm On May 23, 2016
At the end of the day, one goat
from borno state will go and donate $14mil (#4.5billion) to American University. Nigerians wake up.
Re: Students Write Their Exams On The Floor In Akwa Ibom (photo) by Nasiruddeen(m): 12:16pm On May 23, 2016
Hmmm

Re: Students Write Their Exams On The Floor In Akwa Ibom (photo) by Osu175(m): 12:19pm On May 23, 2016
its a normal thing in Akwa ibom. I served in Akwa ibom. Every student are asked to bring his/her desk from home,so those sitting of the flood refused to buy one.

1 Like

Re: Students Write Their Exams On The Floor In Akwa Ibom (photo) by lukaino(m): 12:19pm On May 23, 2016
Uncommon transformation indeed.
Re: Students Write Their Exams On The Floor In Akwa Ibom (photo) by bashydemy(m): 12:25pm On May 23, 2016
And they are comparing Akpabio to the likes of Fashola, Ameachi etc?
Re: Students Write Their Exams On The Floor In Akwa Ibom (photo) by Abbeytoy(m): 12:26pm On May 23, 2016
yusaze:
Pictured are some students of Community Secondary School, Ikot Ewang, Nsit Ubim L.G.A, Akwa Ibom State, writing their examinations on their classroom floor.

Source: www.9janewsarena.com/2016/05/secondary-school-students-write-their.html

I sense cheating
Re: Students Write Their Exams On The Floor In Akwa Ibom (photo) by Ademat7(m): 12:42pm On May 23, 2016
ITU LGA Akwa ibom,teachers and principal contribute to the development

Re: Students Write Their Exams On The Floor In Akwa Ibom (photo) by BizBloke(m): 12:53pm On May 23, 2016
LovesonBlezz:
ln my days of sec. sch. in d state...students especially in senior classes were asked to provide lockers for themselves..n if u dnt hav then u are bound to write ur exams on d floor. Besides is govt. suppose to provide everytin after makin education free? cant parents make jst a locker for their wards?

Well, I had no idea this is/was the case, LovesonBlezz. Thanks for the clarification.

This is an exception then yet, if you're offering free education, how FREE is it if the lockers aren't there for students to sufficiently and effectively benefit from the FREE EDUCATION?

If parents had - and still have - to provide lockers, we should call that PARTIALLY-FUNDED EDUCATION.
Re: Students Write Their Exams On The Floor In Akwa Ibom (photo) by NewNigeriaMind: 1:01pm On May 23, 2016
yusaze:
Pictured are some students of Community Secondary School, Ikot Ewang, Nsit Ubim L.G.A, Akwa Ibom State, writing their examinations on their classroom floor.

Source: www.9janewsarena.com/2016/05/secondary-school-students-write-their.html

This is why advanced countries keep looking at Africans as monkeys.

This same state built a stadium running into billions of Naira.

Like i said then, the people hyping the then governor Akpabio have never visited Akwa Ibom. The state is a one city state and once you leave the capital Uyo, the rest of the state is in shambles and nothing works. Is like the rest of Lagos looking like a village once you leave Ikeja. Which is why when people compare Lagos to all these oil states i see it as Lunacy.

Please between building world class schools all over the state and building a world class stadium which of the two do the akwa ibom man really need for his future and generation unborn. These people are normally cooks, drivers, bartenders and the rest in the major establishments in their state because majority don't have formal education.

This state receives 500 times more allocation than Osun but i can bet you, Osun children have access to better education overall. When an Osun man like me one day buy up more of their tank farms they will say its favoritism.

Shallom

1 Like

Re: Students Write Their Exams On The Floor In Akwa Ibom (photo) by redsceptic: 1:02pm On May 23, 2016
Seeeeeeee:
Hmmm thing's have changed in my time we own our writing desk in the secondary school, after examination we will carry it home and bring back the writing desk the next term like that till we write our SSCE and still took our writing desk back home because its our property now everything government, government, government! Maybe the student's involved sold their writing desk and use the money for dog meat.

Your post clearly shows the effect that carrying your desk to school and back had on your mental development.

God help Nigeria
Re: Students Write Their Exams On The Floor In Akwa Ibom (photo) by Seeeeeeee: 1:07pm On May 23, 2016
redsceptic:

Your post clearly shows the effect that carrying your desk to school and back had on your mental development.

God help Nigeria

Government cannot provide everything take that into your thick skull.
Re: Students Write Their Exams On The Floor In Akwa Ibom (photo) by Seeeeeeee: 1:23pm On May 23, 2016
@ NewnigeriaMind i did my NYSC in Osun State precisely Baptist High School Ede South, Osun state is Educationally backward.
Re: Students Write Their Exams On The Floor In Akwa Ibom (photo) by Nobody: 1:29pm On May 23, 2016
The obvious neglect of the educational sector in Nigeria generally aside, are the parents not supposed to provide desks for their kids, from what I'm seeing here, it's the parents that failed, not the government.
Re: Students Write Their Exams On The Floor In Akwa Ibom (photo) by sonnie10: 1:34pm On May 23, 2016
Apart from some special government schools, in almost all schools in Calabar and Akwa Ibom students are required to bring their lockers (desks) from home. There are different reasons why a student would not have one. Some parents cannot just afford to buy for their wards. In some cases, the desks get broken before the end of the term due to poor quality work by the carpenters. Sometimes also, students steal other students' locker for their personal use.

Another instance is were the school mandates some classes to donate the lockers for examination purposes. This sets of students are left with nothing to sit on. But the worst case is a situation were some students would sell their lockers to other students, and use the money for other unrelated expenses and eventually end up sitting on the floor.

When government provides desks, sometimes they are not enough and have to be rationed. But that is not all, due to poor maintenance culture, these government property are not usually repaired when damaged. In some schools, you will see a hall loaded with only broken desks that would cost just a fraction of the original amount to fix but no one would do so.

The irony is that, some of theses schools teach carpentry as vocational studies. Rather than spend time fixing those desks as part of their projects, they would instead buy new woods for prototype designs which they would never develop.
Re: Students Write Their Exams On The Floor In Akwa Ibom (photo) by successismine(f): 1:57pm On May 23, 2016
op dis is nothing compared to wat student goes tru in uyo d capital city...yes in UYO d capital city of akwa ibom d class rooms no ceilings with cracks walls. wen I ve tyme I will goes arund d govenment skuls in uyo take pics of dem n post on NL. d bulding dat is a bit ok was built by UBE or NDDC

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Admission Still Going On At Abraham Adesanya Polytechnic Ijebu Igbo: / Can Senior Community Health And Ext Worker (SCHEW) Switch To Bsc. Nursing Vie DE / Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.