Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,949 members, 7,835,164 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? - Phones (124) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? (583224 Views)

Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? / More Options For Nigerians As Matrix Set To Launch Pre-owned Devices (photos) / Etisalat Introduces Timely Based Data Plans For Unlimited Browsing And Streaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (272) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by nani667: 10:59am On Apr 07, 2018
4llerbuntu:
This 8k 68gb swift plan, please give more info.

Is it a regular plan or it takes some manipulation?

Think I should move to that, now that Glo plans have been slashed and no longer cost efficient

No manipulation involved... They are promo plans... You can get more info on their website
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by ollah2: 11:09am On Apr 07, 2018
nani667:

It was very reliable... Swift doesn't double charge their data... 8K for 68GB

The 16K I'm paying now for 50GB on this unlimited Sub can get you over 100GB of that normal Subscription ✔️

So if you are willing to pay more than 8K you can probably get over 100GB and just flex the daytime data...

Cool. What's the name of the plan? I checked their website now and their 4G doesn't seem to be available in my hood perhaps it doesn't work.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dam5reey(m): 11:13am On Apr 07, 2018
ollah2:

Cool. What's the name of the plan? I checked their website now and their 4G doesn't seem to be available in my hood perhaps it doesn't work.

They have promotional plans that are not online.. unless you go to their office or chat online
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:26am On Apr 07, 2018
Just to be clear, which of these is Swift ?

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by toluxa1(m): 11:52am On Apr 07, 2018
Stanley08 should edit the name of this thread jare. The thread has clearly evolved into something different from its original purpose. Should be given a broader nomenclature.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by nani667: 12:54pm On Apr 07, 2018
ollah2:

The name was Swift family plus...

And I just remembered sef, the plan wasnt 247, it was s from 5pm to 9am daily and 24 hours on weekends and Public Holidays.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by nani667: 12:55pm On Apr 07, 2018
toluxa1:
Stanley08 should edit the name of this thread jare. The thread has clearly evolved into something different from its original purpose. Should be given a broader nomenclature.

True ✔️

He should just delete only the "Ntel" in the title... That should suffice
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by nani667: 12:56pm On Apr 07, 2018
4llerbuntu:

Not sure... I have never used Swift SIM on a mobile phone... Maybe someone else can answer that
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dam5reey(m): 1:18pm On Apr 07, 2018
4llerbuntu:

If you can remind me of what the numbers in code example 62411 is called then I can do a search on Google

Your phone supports it grin

Mobile Network Codes for Nigeria
621 20 Airtel (3G, 2G)
621 24 Spectranet (4G)
621 25 Visafone (4G, 3G, 2G)
621 26 Swift (4G)
621 27 Smile (4G)
621 30 MTN (4G, 3G, 2G)
621 40 NTel (4G)
621 50 Glo (4G, 3G, 2G)
621 60 Etisalat (4G, 3G, 2G)
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by dustmalik: 1:27pm On Apr 07, 2018
4llerbuntu:
621-26 is Swift.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by dustmalik: 1:28pm On Apr 07, 2018
Dam5reey:

If you can remind me of what the numbers in code example 62411 is called then I can do a search on Google
MCC-MNC
Mobile Country Code - Mobile Network Code
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dam5reey(m): 1:30pm On Apr 07, 2018
dustmalik:

MCC-MNC
Mobile Country Code - Mobile Network Code

Thanks I appreciate it
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by ollah2: 1:47pm On Apr 07, 2018
nani667:

The name was Swift family plus...

And I just remembered sef, the plan wasnt 247, it was s from 5pm to 9am daily and 24 hours on weekends and Public Holidays.

Argh!! Can't use the plan then
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by rawdpiper(m): 2:15pm On Apr 07, 2018
ollah2:

I presently use Ntel, but I'm seeking alternatives and swift ticks it with the speed but the data plan is the issue.

I can't stay all might streaming moves and musics, I use kodi to stream movies and sports during the day and sportify and deezer for music.

Does the 8k for 68GB work well and is it reliable? Was your data charged doubled or normally?

What add one do you use for movies and music on Kodi?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by ollah2: 2:26pm On Apr 07, 2018
rawdpiper:

What add one do you use for movies and music on Kodi?

Placenta for movies. Dont stream music on kodi. Which add-ons do you use?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Stanley08(m): 4:14pm On Apr 07, 2018
Dam5reey:

Same thing Stanley08 analyized on first page..
I guess he can't say this same thing again, that's the fact you failed to realize

It's free to walk from here to Europe, But I will rather take flight
Think about that. Peace cheesy

Ntel has gone to shxt.
Need to apply Google DNS 8.8.4.4, 8.8.8.8. For it to work decently.

I'm on swift now. It's not the best in my area. But Spectranet decided to go FULL R.E.T.A.R.D

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Stanley08(m): 4:16pm On Apr 07, 2018
toluxa1:

The thread made front page. Which means it can't be edited again.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by rawdpiper(m): 5:27pm On Apr 07, 2018
ollah2:

Placenta for movies. Dont stream music on kodi. Which add-ons do you use?

I use Neptune rising, incursion & also placenta(rarely).. for music I use MP3 Streams. Is placenta reliable and did you link your trakt account?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dam5reey(m): 5:31pm On Apr 07, 2018
Stanley08:

Ntel has gone to shxt.

I'm on swift now. It's not the best in my area. But Spectranet decided to go FULL R.E.T.A.R.D

Exactly what made me stop using it.

Swift has poor coverage in my area but still very fast.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by ollah2: 6:08pm On Apr 07, 2018
rawdpiper:

I use Neptune rising, incursion & also placenta(rarely).. for music I use MP3 Streams. Is placenta reliable and did you link your trakt account?

I don't know what you mean by trakt account but placenta is very very reliable and has all the movies in the world besides Nollywood and Kannywood.

What does Neptune rising and incursion stream? What other add-ons do you use ? Sports, news, general channels.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by duwdu: 11:41pm On Apr 07, 2018
ollah2:

I presently use Ntel, but I'm seeking alternatives and swift ticks it with the speed but the data plan is the issue.

I can't stay all might streaming moves and musics, I use kodi to stream movies and sports during the day and sportify and deezer for music.

Does the 8k for 68GB work well and is it reliable? Was your data charged doubled or normally?

The irony in all of this is, for the same encoding type, quality, and length of content, you use exactly the same amount of data to either stream or download.

What this means is, as far as HD content is concerned, you can't live comfortably on even 100 GB per month (about 3.3 GB/day) if you stream/play, say, HD video/game content for any appreciable number of hours during any period in one day.

In other words, there's no alternative to unlimited data for either serious streaming or heavy downloading during any period of a day.

In our 9ja real world, the key advantage to downloading instead of streaming, is that you're sure you'll get your Video On Demand content completely stored and available for playback. You don't want a situation where you don't have uninterruptible power and a DISCO can disrupt a movie streaming session, for example. In most cases, all the data used up to that interruption is lost, and the session may have to start all over, especially if the particular link is kaput in the meantime. If you're blessed with an uninterruptible power supply system however, this paragraph becomes mute.

For me, I prefer to use any unlimited data plan that I can afford and works for me. If I use an unlimited night plan, I simply automate my VOD downloads (using IDM, say,) and end up not having to sacrifice much of my normal sleep period.

P34c3

2 Likes

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by tempel(m): 2:51am On Apr 08, 2018
Happy Sunday guys . How do I make calls with ntel on my Samsung s8+?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Stanley08(m): 6:17am On Apr 08, 2018
tempel:
Happy Sunday guys . How do I make calls with ntel on my Samsung s8+?

I believe must be VoLTE compatible.

Just call their customer care and I think that their app may work.

They have an app right? Or is it only smile? Lol. Don't know.

Contact customer care
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Stanley08(m): 6:19am On Apr 08, 2018
Have like 97GB accumulated rolled over data on my Spectranet.

Can't wait for them to have sense again, let me go back. Swift I'm always checking data.

I can't be checking data at this my big age abeg!

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Turks: 6:24am On Apr 08, 2018
Big man!!
Stanley08:
Have like 97GB accumulated rolled over data on my Spectranet.

Can't wait for them to have sense again, let me go back. Swift I'm always checking data.

I can't be checking data at this my big age abeg!
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by rawdpiper(m): 8:58am On Apr 08, 2018
ollah2:

I don't know what you mean by trakt account but placenta is very very reliable and has all the movies in the world besides Nollywood and Kannywood.

What does Neptune rising and incursion stream? What other add-ons do you use ? Sports, news, general channels.

With Trakt account you can synchronize the TV Series in your collection with placenta, Neptune rising or any other add on that supports it. Neptune rising and incursion also stream movies and TV series

As for Sport and news I was going to ask about it from you. The ones I found are not working except for pure sports which is very good. If you know of anyone for news, I'll appreciate it.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Apr 08, 2018
Stanley08:

Ntel has gone to shxt.

Hey man, how does adding the dns work?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Apr 08, 2018
When an unlocked spectranet mifi is reset does it get locked?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by ollah2: 8:44pm On Apr 08, 2018
rawdpiper:

With Trakt account you can synchronize the TV Series in your collection with placenta, Neptune rising or any other add on that supports it. Neptune rising and incursion also stream movies and TV series

As for Sport and news I was going to ask about it from you. The ones I found are not working except for pure sports which is very good. If you know of anyone for news, I'll appreciate it.

Will look up on the trakt account thingy. I use supremacy for sports and it works well and news stuff doesn't work here again. Perhaps I will need to re add it. Is the sport add-on just called pure sports?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by rawdpiper(m): 8:49pm On Apr 08, 2018
ollah2:

Will look up on the trakt account thingy. I use supremacy for sports and it works well and news stuff doesn't work here again. Perhaps I will need to re add it. Is the sport add-on just called pure sports?

Yh. The name is pure sports
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by ollah2: 8:54pm On Apr 08, 2018
rawdpiper:

Yh. The name is pure sports

Aite good. Gonna check it out, btw do you use vpn?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Wonda100: 9:03pm On Apr 08, 2018
Please is there Anyone using NTEL on Leagoo M8Pro...coz its showing 'emergency calls Only' anybody with a good solution?

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (272) (Reply)

Switch Off Your Phones Before 12:30 - 3:30am Today, Its........ / Help! How Do I Change My 2go Profile Location. / Short Code To Check Ur Phone Number On Mtn, Glo, Airtel And Etisalat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.