Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,926 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? - Phones (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? (578993 Views)

Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? / More Options For Nigerians As Matrix Set To Launch Pre-owned Devices (photos) / Etisalat Introduces Timely Based Data Plans For Unlimited Browsing And Streaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (272) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by purplekayc(m): 2:55pm On Nov 03, 2016
Stanley08:

I downloaded 100GB+ on Ntel in one day. I guess i woulda paid 75K on MTN. COOL!
lol , cool
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by AjanleKoko: 3:42pm On Nov 03, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:

NTEL grossly underestimated the LTE market in Nigeria, with their Valuable National license.

Their only advantage is the VoLTE

But with market movers like GLO,MTN and ETISALAT in the mix.

They will need to do proper KPI and know how compete better

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Nov 03, 2016
AjanleKoko:

we miss you smiley

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by dustmalik: 5:00pm On Nov 03, 2016
Stanley08:

What became of your Glo mifi?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by olurotimi1: 5:12pm On Nov 03, 2016
4g upgrade is it software or hardware upgrade for the existing networks? Me I don't understand the delay in expansion.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Stanley08(m): 9:08pm On Nov 03, 2016
dustmalik:

What became of your Glo mifi?

Sold. Now considering what next. I hate browsing with mobile data. Only like it as fallback, backup when my mifi dies or those rare occasions when the network in the MiFi is bad. Downtime.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Stanley08(m): 9:14pm On Nov 03, 2016
The Glo MiFi had a 30MB software update. Lol. Did it, changed nothing. What i hate most about the glo mifi is, there is NO WAY to hide ur password from displaying on the screen. So anyone that can lay hands on ur MiFi will know ur password. Smh
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by rawdpiper(m): 2:20pm On Nov 04, 2016
Stanley08:

Stanley08:

Stanley08:

100GB+ In One Day!!! Nigga U Badass. Your Idm Would Have Been Filled Up With Queued Downloads. Which Area In Lagos Did You Download Massively Like That?

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by bobojoshua(m): 3:19pm On Nov 04, 2016
crestweon:

Go to huaweiunlockcalculator.com use the v201
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by bobojoshua(m): 3:27pm On Nov 04, 2016
Stanley08:

According to how good they are,

1st. E5776 - 3000mAh non-removable battery and Screen
2nd. E5372 - 1780mAh battery and Screen.
3rd. E5573 - 1500mAh battery, NO Screen.

All these devices are 3G/4G compatible and support basically all Nigerian SIM cards when unlocked. I own an E5372 (2nd) which kinda seems like the best of both worlds. Has the 'removable' (i have 2 batteries) and even bigger battery than the E5573, yet has the screen from the E5776. Though i would have preferred a 3000mAh battery, but hey! It gets the job done.

I hope this helps.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Stanley08(m): 7:10pm On Nov 04, 2016
rawdpiper:
[b][/b]

100GB+ In One Day!!! Nigga U Badass. Your Idm Would Have Been Filled Up With Queued Downloads. Which Area In Lagos Did You Download Massively Like That?

Yaba area. And ironically, Ntel isn't even good at yaba. and then their internet was faster. 5MB/s to 9MB/s.
I used to get 4MB/s MINIMUM!
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Stanley08(m): 7:12pm On Nov 04, 2016
X
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by rawdpiper(m): 8:20pm On Nov 04, 2016
Stanley08:

Yaba area. And ironically, Ntel isn't even good at yaba. and then their internet was faster. 5MB/s to 9MB/s.

Wow. So What Download Speeds Do You Get Now? And Do Yo Know About Reception In Unilag?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by pheesayor(m): 9:00am On Nov 05, 2016
Stanley08:

I can confirm, ntel has no service officially in Yaba but network from other places get to Yaba and it is fast. I just need to unlock a swift modem and try it on a network to know how fast it really is

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Stanley08(m): 6:15am On Nov 06, 2016
X
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by rawdpiper(m): 6:37am On Nov 06, 2016
Stanley08:
NTEL ti take over!

Every single download was a hit! Back to back!

Downloaded Call Of Duty Infinite Warfare.

43GB in just over 4hrs

@rawdpiper your answer is here too.

For Dis Same Yaba? Abeg Your Pc Na Windows 8.1 Or 10?

(i Throway Cap For U) grin
Stanley08:
NTEL ti take over!

43GB in just over 4hrs

(i Throway Cap For U)
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by olurotimi1: 12:08pm On Nov 06, 2016
Stanley08:
NTEL ti take over!

43GB in just over 4hrs

omo we dey miss o. Don't understand why they are not expanding rapidly.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:21pm On Nov 06, 2016
When they see the way you are abusing their service and advertising it online for others to join you and decide to kuku stop the unlimited, you will calm down.

Dunno what you will miss by not posting this type of thing. Anywhere in the world this is abuse of service

5 Likes

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by duwdu: 3:21pm On Nov 06, 2016
4llerbuntu:
When they see the way you are abusing their service and advertising it online for others to join you and decide to kuku stop the unlimited, you will calm down.

Dunno what you will miss by not posting this type of thing. Anywhere in the world this is abuse of service

Well said, 4llerbuntu. Some people are simply unreasonably cocky — and are usually imbibed with a warped sense of maturity and accomplishment to boot. Hmm.

P34c3
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Stanley08(m): 3:22pm On Nov 06, 2016
4llerbuntu:

So much bullshxt falling off you. The only reason i pay for Ntel is because of Unlimited. As i now wanted to download Call of Duty nko? Coming here to say shxt about abuse. The people that download games all over the world and use the internet they paid with their HARD EARNED money. What do you think they use to download it? Dial-up connection? Limited internet? It's until i pay 1K for 1.5GB on Etisalat 44times, that is when I'm doing it right yes?
Oga just park well abeg. 'Anywhere in the world, this is abuse of service'. Lol WTF?!

When FIFA 17 came out, i was chatting with my guy online in the UK. It is 40GB. I told him i already pre-ordered the game, he said he didn't buy it yet. He bought it immediately as we were talking. The same 40GB that Spectranet was telling me 11hrs left, he downloaded it in just over 30mins! 40GB in 30mins!

He started playing it before 1 hr and i was busy restarting Spectranet router.

He abused the service too right? Or is his case different?

4 Likes

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Stanley08(m): 3:26pm On Nov 06, 2016
rawdpiper:

(i Throway Cap For U) grin

Windows 10 out of the box. Yes oh. Hung my mifi high up. Got 5 bars reception. Ntel on 5 bars and Ntel on 2-3 bars are WORLDS apart. I tell you.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Stanley08(m): 3:27pm On Nov 06, 2016
It's just SAD that in this part of the world, unlimited internet is considered a 'luxury'
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by duwdu: 3:46pm On Nov 06, 2016
Stanley08:

So much bullshxt falling off you. The only reason i pay for Ntel is because of Unlimited. As i now wanted to download Call of Duty nko? Coming here to say shxt about abuse. The people that download games all over the world and use the internet they paid with their HARD EARNED money. What do you think they use to download it? Dial-up connection? Limited internet? It's until i pay 1K for 1.5GB on Etisalat 44times, that is when I'm doing it right yes?
Oga just park well abeg. 'Anywhere in the world, this is abuse of service'. Lol WTF?!

When FIFA 17 came out, i was chatting with my guy online in the UK. It is 40GB. I told him i already pre-ordered the game, he said he didn't buy it yet. He bought it immediately as we were talking. The same 40GB that Spectranet was telling me 11hrs left, he downloaded it in just over 30mins! 40GB in 30mins!

That's it... So, you couldn't abuse Spectranet's relatively poor service despite having to pay higher for that in real terms, you then blatantly abused the more liberal and faster service from ntel, simply because you could? You indeed have a warped sense of maturity and accomplishment. Good luck!

P34c3

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Stanley08(m): 4:06pm On Nov 06, 2016
duwdu:

That's it... So, you couldn't abuse Spectranet's relatively poor service despite having to pay higher for that in real terms, you then blatantly abused the more liberal and faster service from ntel, simply because you could? You indeed have a warped sense of maturity and accomplishment. Good luck!

P34c3

Just learned the word 'warp'?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by dustmalik: 4:28pm On Nov 06, 2016
The truth is, even in countries like U.S, Canada, UK, no LTE wireless network offers unlimited internet anymore, in order to prevent abuse of network. In fact, only wired and WiFi networks offer unlimited.

Even Verizon, which was still offering unlimited LTE to old customers who were on the grandfathered plan, has since stopped it.

Unlimited wireless 4GLTE at the cost of #10,000/month is indeed a privilege. Customers in those advanced countries would be willing to pay more than that if they were offered unlimited 4G LTE.

I hope you guys know the difference between wireless, WiFi and wired connections.

We should learn to stop abusing such privilege just because we can. Even if you download 10tb/day, keep it to yourself, don't flaunt it. If not ntel, which other network gives you true unlimited 4G wireless connection at that price. Slow Spectranet and Smile don't even give anything close to that. So, we should learn to appreciate these things.

3 Likes

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Stanley08(m): 4:57pm On Nov 06, 2016
Images removed, make everybody rest.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Nov 06, 2016
duwdu:

Well said, 4llerbuntu. Some people are simply unreasonably cocky — and are usually imbibed with a warped sense of maturity and accomplishment to boot. Hmm.

P34c3

And ntel has their own 'fair use' clause. Nigerians are completely unable to understand how chop discreetly.

This is the same way some joker will brag all over the internet about some hack that gives him free data(or worse try to monetize it) after which everyone jumps on the wagon making sure the networks shut it down.

BTW, it's not maturity. It's a warped sense of entitlement.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by duwdu: 10:57pm On Nov 06, 2016
Stanley08:
Images removed, make everybody rest.

Good for you.

P34c3
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by duwdu: 11:09pm On Nov 06, 2016
oyb:

And ntel has their own 'fair use' clause. Nigerians are completely unable to understand how [to] chop discreetly...

Exactly. It's just in the genes of some lousy people though, not all Nigerians.

P34c3
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dam5reey(m): 11:16pm On Nov 06, 2016
4llerbuntu:

Oga... If he downloaded.. 2 terabytes.. do you think it will affect NTEL....? shocked

NTEL will applaud him for a free advertisement cool

He has paid 10k for God's sake some 1/2 of minimum wages grin

Do you know how many subscriber who bought the line and paid for Data who could not use it?

For now NTEL is offering Unlimited data for the first three months ... That's if you like download 5 terabytes.... We are okay with it...

So where is the abuse coming from.... ?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by lonngmann(m): 6:55am On Nov 07, 2016
Stanley08:

Lol
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by saint2ace(m): 6:55am On Nov 07, 2016
oyb:

And ntel has their own 'fair use' clause. Nigerians are completely unable to understand how chop discreetly.

This is the same way some joker will brag all over the internet about some hack that gives him free data(or worse try to monetize it) after which everyone jumps on the wagon making sure the networks shut it down.

BTW, it's not maturity. It's a warped sense of entitlement.

duwdu:

Exactly. It's just in the genes of some lousy people though, not all Nigerians.

P34c3

Gentlemen, i've followed this post for awhile now and i can say a lot of us have learned a thing or two from each other but i must confess that the recent trend of name calling doesn't go down well with me and i know the same is true for a couple of other individuals on this thread; while i appreciate that a certain level of discretion be applied in the informations we lay out there, i think the same should apply to way and manner we talk to each other here.

The young man made an honest mistake (am assuming he's young) and he acknowledged it by taking down the pictures of captured screenshots, which in my opinion showed maturity, but the fact that the name calling persisted leaves a sour taste in the mouth. i took time to go through this thread and i must confess that stanley08 has been on of the main contributors, so why crucify him for doing what he has always done; which is bear information for us all to learn. We must also understand that this forum is open to all be it young or old; a fact we must hold close to our hearts when we make comments or throw our beefs and name calling, the individual in question might be our father's age or even the CEO of the next company u're employed into and what happens when he finds out ur true identity? Hmmmmmmmmmm SMH

Finally, from the last time i checked; nairaland encourages freedom of expression as is done everywhere in the world, the same freedom of expression that you held on to in order to do ur name calling also gives him the right to post whatever he feels suits him in as much as it doesn't contravene the rules of the forum. That said i must appeal to all on this thread, we're not here to fight or throw tantrums but to share knowledge to better ourselves; at least that's what i feel, so i employ to us to do just that and practice what we preach, which is "to be discreet" in our utterances and in what we post.

My 2pences........

Dam5reey:

Oga... If he downloaded.. 2 terabytes.. do you think it will affect NTEL....? shocked

NTEL will applaud him for a free advertisement cool

He has paid 10k for God's sake some 1/2 of minimum wages grin

Do you know how many subscriber who bought the line and paid for Data who could not use it?

For now NTEL is offering Unlimited data for the first three months ... That's if you like download 5 terabytes.... We are okay with it...

So where is the abuse coming from.... ?

My brother i tire oh.............

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (272) (Reply)

Switch Off Your Phones Before 12:30 - 3:30am Today, Its........ / Help! How Do I Change My 2go Profile Location. / Short Code To Check Ur Phone Number On Mtn, Glo, Airtel And Etisalat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.