Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,049 members, 7,810,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:32 PM

Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? - Phones (250) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? (577535 Views)

Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? / More Options For Nigerians As Matrix Set To Launch Pre-owned Devices (photos) / Etisalat Introduces Timely Based Data Plans For Unlimited Browsing And Streaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (272) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Sep 02, 2021
Edopesin:
Who knows how much Ntel sim and registration is
lol, people still dey register for Ntel??
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 11:18pm On Sep 02, 2021
bastardson:
No one is saying the Hynetflex is slow, I only said the plan is a scam.. Nothing unlimited about it.. I get 35mbps regularly on it.. and Get same with my normal MTN internet SIM card.. Dey both give the same speed. It’s plan that’s a scam..

Meanwhile I am a gamer, thought that since Hynetflex is a router, it will solve my gaming issue. Which is to av a NAT type that’s not strict..

NAT type 2 or open Nat type if you use Xbox
How far for gaming did Hynet make any difference for you? I use my mobile hotspot and I'm considering getting the Hynet. As for changing Nat type have you tried the settings people recommend online?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by bastardson: 8:58am On Sep 03, 2021
Server88:
Abeg compared to using your mobile as hotspot is there any speed difference?
Non… MTN Hynetflex is by faaaaaar MTN biggest scam.

No difference btw the speed it gives and what your Universal Modem or Mobile hotspot gives..

The unlimited is also a scam as u can do nothing with the 512 kbps
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by bastardson: 8:59am On Sep 03, 2021
Server88:

How far for gaming did Hynet make any difference for you? I use my mobile hotspot and I'm considering getting the Hynet. As for changing Nat type have you tried the settings people recommend online?
I tried everything, even watched YouTube videos.. Nothing at all.

I have found peace with Swift tho.. Using Swift presently, super fast and smooth

2 Likes

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by OCTAVO: 11:00am On Sep 03, 2021
Server88:
Abeg compared to using your mobile as hotspot is there any speed difference?
Your location is the main thing. Both my mobile phone and hynetflex router gives similar speed (5MB/sec and above).
Also, one thing I have observed is that Internet speed differs from SIM to SIM. I put another sim in same router and speed was terrible. But there are 2 sims that gives me incredible speed here, I don't joke with those two sim cards.

2 Likes

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 11:05am On Sep 03, 2021
bastardson:
Non… MTN Hynetflex is by faaaaaar MTN biggest scam.

No difference btw the speed it gives and what your Universal Modem or Mobile hotspot gives..

The unlimited is also a scam as u can do nothing with the 512 kbps
That's serious o. I wonder why people are still flouting it as insanely fast if there's no difference between the speed it gives and speed your mobile hotspot gives. Thanks though, you saved me from a world of regret.
I just need something for stable ping for COD Warzone. What area are you at and how's the Swift like? Comparing it to the Hynet you used, what's it like?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 11:11am On Sep 03, 2021
bastardson:

I have found peace with Swift tho.. Using Swift presently, super fast and smooth
In my search for how to make my network stable for Warzone I stumbled upon different APN settings. Normally, the APNs settings were meant for speed. If any of the APN is slow I bounce to the others, and for some reason different APNs have different speeds.
In connection to your case, I noticed one of the APN changes my NAT type to Type 2. That aside, what Swift Plans do you do?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 11:16am On Sep 03, 2021
OCTAVO:

Your location is the main thing. Both my mobile phone and hynetflex router gives similar speed (5MB/sec and above).
Also, one thing I have observed is that Internet speed differs from SIM to SIM. I put another sim on same router and speed was terrible. But there are 2 sims that gives me incredible speed here, I don't joke with those two sim cards.
Like seriously, Location is underrated. I now begin to realize why so many Game Streamers move to different cities just to get the best network for their games.
Thanks, that's exactly what I needed to know, the fact that there's zero speed improvement with the Hynet.
For the sims is there a way to know the one that would give better speed??

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 11:17am On Sep 03, 2021
bastardson:

Do you game online with Swift? What games and how's your ping like?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by bastardson: 12:09pm On Sep 03, 2021
Server88:

That's serious o. I wonder why people are still flouting it as insanely fast if there's no difference between the speed it gives and speed your mobile hotspot gives. Thanks though, you saved me from a world of regret.
I just need something for stable ping for COD Warzone. What area are you at and how's the Swift like? Comparing it to the Hynet you used, what's it like?

Don’t get me wrong pls.. My speed was fast with the Hynetflex, as it’s the same speed with mobile hotspot. which means it makes no difference with the “flex” and also means that MTN network is good at my location.

For a gamer like me, speed was not enough.. MTN and other Mobile network have firewalls that affects gaming.. It makes the network strict.. This way, it’s tougher to connect to other gamers.. Especially on game mode like CTR Nitro fueled , playing with Nigerians on FIFA 21 (it doesn’t affected normal online gaming), among host of other games..

Swift is good at my location, luckily for me.. It took me spending over 200k, and trying host of different sim cards

Ntel
Spectranet
Airtel
Glo
MTN Hynetflex
Normal MTN sim
VDT
WiFi.com (Tizeti) luckily I got refunded

The only network I never tried is (9mobile)

Of course the Fibre cable providers wasn’t an option as my location didn’t permit that.

I av now found peace Sha
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by bastardson: 12:12pm On Sep 03, 2021
Server88:

Do you game online with Swift? What games and how's your ping like?

I play Fortnite, FIFA 21, CTR ,

I deleted my COD as d updates were heavy for a game I do not really enjoy.. I still do not av an unlimited plan..

If u game any of the above, I can add u Sha..

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Sep 03, 2021
bastardson:

I play Fortnite, FIFA 21, CTR ,

I deleted my COD as d updates were heavy for a game I do not really enjoy.. I still do not av an unlimited plan..

If u game any of the above, I can add u Sha..
I'm thinking of reinstalling Fortnite. You can send an invite, I'd accept once I reinstall.
Username: ****
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Sep 03, 2021
bastardson:

Don’t get me wrong pls.. My speed was fast with the Hynetflex, as it’s the same speed with mobile hotspot. which means it makes no difference with the “flex” and also means that MTN network is good at my location.

For a gamer like me, speed was not enough.. MTN and other Mobile network have firewalls that affects gaming.. It makes the network strict.. This way, it’s tougher to connect to other gamers.. Especially on game mode like CTR Nitro fueled , playing with Nigerians on FIFA 21 (it doesn’t affected normal online gaming), among host of other games..

Swift is good at my location, luckily for me.. It took me spending over 200k, and trying host of different sim cards

Ntel
Spectranet
Airtel
Glo
MTN Hynetflex
Normal MTN sim
VDT
WiFi.com (Tizeti) luckily I got refunded

The only network I never tried is (9mobile)

Of course the Fibre cable providers wasn’t an option as my location didn’t permit that.

I av now found peace Sha
Okay. How much did the Swift cost? And how'd you get it?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by bastardson: 2:32pm On Sep 03, 2021
Server88:

Okay. How much did the Swift cost? And how'd you get it?

I will advise you ask for friends or anyone you know that uses Swift, take it to your crib and test the download and upload speed..

If the download speed after 3 test is above 5mbps then you are fine.. Upload should be at least 0.4kbps…

I get about 20Mbps with my swift tho

Will add you up as soon as I get back home from work ..

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Sep 03, 2021
bastardson:

I will advise you ask for friends or anyone you know that uses Swift, take it to your crib and test the download and upload speed..

If the download speed after 3 test is above 5mbps then you are fine.. Upload should be at least 0.4kbps…

I get about 20Mbps with my swift tho

Will add you up as soon as I get back home from work ..
Alright thanks I'd do just that. I'm already installing the Fortnite. MTN is literally crawling...33GB for 36 Hours.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by bastardson: 12:11am On Sep 04, 2021
Server88:

Alright thanks I'd do just that. I'm already installing the Fortnite. MTN is literally crawling...33GB for 36 Hours.
Wow.. 36hrs that’s crazy mehnnn .. U fit drop ur digits make I add u to my gaming group
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Flytime: 12:46pm On Sep 04, 2021
Ajiswaggs:
Got my hynet today
how is it holding up
Thinking of buying one
Are the plans worth it compared to mtn regular plans?
Does it eat up data faster?
Your overall review
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Sep 04, 2021
bastardson:
Wow.. 36hrs that’s crazy mehnnn .. U fit drop ur digits make I add u to my gaming group

The speed later reduced, from 33 hours to 2 hours but I had to do night vigil for it.
A'ight, I sent you a mail, reply so I could send my number through there.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Sep 04, 2021
Flytime:
how is it holding up
Thinking of buying one
Are the plans worth it compared to mtn regular plans?
Does it eat up data faster?
Your overall review
Lol, another person thinking of buying the Hynet. I was just like you until Bastardson talked me out of buying it two days ago. Read our previous comments here or ask him directly. However, from what he said: There's no speed improvement with it (comparing it your 4G mobile) and it all depends on your location. As for data plans there are better options and considering if it eats up data faster, I gathered from someone else that the 25K sub (200GB) finishes in under 1 week of watching just 3 Netflix movies. Although I find that unbelievable.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Mrviktor(m): 6:24pm On Sep 04, 2021
How far ntel.

I don't have network since
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by bastardson: 7:02pm On Sep 04, 2021
Server88:
Lol, another person thinking of buying the Hynet. I was just like you until Bastardson talked me out of buying it two days ago. Read our previous comments here or ask him directly. However, from what he said: There's no speed improvement with it (comparing it your 4G mobile) and it all depends on your location. As for data plans there are better options and considering if it eats up data faster, I gathered from someone else that the 25K sub (200GB) finishes in under 1 week of watching just 3 Netflix movies. Although I find that unbelievable.
Trust me the person didn’t lie.. I exhausted 130GB in less that a week.. Didn’t watch more that 5 Netflix movies.. .. Pls kindly contact me on my business line as I do not even know which of my emails is linked to Nairaland.. I just checked my normal email didn’t get any msg.. : O81 - 20 -861 - 860

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Sep 04, 2021
bastardson:
Trust me the person didn’t lie.. I exhausted 130GB in less that a week.. Didn’t watch more that 5 Netflix movies.. .. Pls kindly contact me on my business line as I do not even know which of my emails is linked to Nairaland.. I just checked my normal email didn’t get any msg.. : O81 - 20 -861 - 860
Lmao, imagine giving users Floated data, MTN be Thugs. Okay, I've sent you a message on WA. So, Flytime hope you can see this, Hynet can be considered a scam.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Flytime: 8:51pm On Sep 04, 2021
Server88:

Lmao, imagine giving users Floated data, MTN be Thugs. Okay, I've sent you a message on WA. So, Flytime hope you can see this, Hynet can be considered a scam.
Thanks for exposing me to that
is there any one you recommend me to get?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Sep 04, 2021
Flytime:

Thanks for exposing me to that
is there any one you recommend me to get?
I'd recommend the same one that got recommended to me: Swift. However, before you buy SWIFT try and test how good their network is in your area or ask a friend to lend you their modem so you can test it in your house.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by MontyNG(m): 9:21am On Sep 05, 2021
Hi guys,
I currently use FiberOne in my area and no complaints!

But sometimes, it goes down for extended periods... Up to 3days sometimes.
I'm looking for a 4g Sim deal that I can use as backup on my router which will kick in only when FO goes down.

Does anyone offer an "always on" package where you pay for just what you consume. As I don't want to be paying monthly/yearly for data I would barely use

Cheers guys
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by MontyNG(m): 9:27am On Sep 05, 2021
Server88:

Which one is floated data again?
But why are these companies doing this? All of them do it... Not just mtn. Why isn't the consumer protection doing anything about it??
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 10:36am On Sep 05, 2021
MontyNG:

Which one is floated data again?
But why are these companies doing this? All of them do it... Not just mtn. Why isn't the consumer protection doing anything about it??
Oh, I meant floated data as in it's inflated. You are given 100Gb when in reality it's actually 50GB or less. As for why they do it? Well, why not? There's no one calling them to book, more profit to them at no cost whatever. Also, we've got to realize that there's no MTN, AIRTEL, ETISALAT or GLO, all we've got are Networks that mirror each other in exactly everything apart from the bandwidth they broadcast with.
Furthermore, those who are supposed to aid Customer Protection have long since switched to Provider Protection. That's why I still say it till today, Ntel in their heyday was the best network.

5 Likes

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by sensisosu: 1:03am On Sep 07, 2021
Good morning,

I’m a US resident hoping to travel down to Nigeria to spend 2 months.

I intend to work remotely from Nigeria and in need of super fast, reliable and uncapped internet in Nigeria.

Cost is not an issue, I just need an internet that won’t let me down.

I would really appreciate all your contributions.

Thanks
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by lovewins: 1:32am On Sep 07, 2021
sensisosu:
Good morning,

I intend to work remotely from Nigeria and in need of super fast, reliable and uncapped internet in Nigeria.

Thanks

Your location matters, it will help provide a context

You'll be better advised if persons have an idea of what your location will be
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by sensisosu: 2:30am On Sep 07, 2021
Location is Ikota villa GRA,, megachicken lekki
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by MontyNG(m): 9:05am On Sep 07, 2021
sensisosu:
Good morning,

Thanks

50Mb/s... Will that be fast enough for you? Got a free room in my house as well so guess we can talk
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by ORIJIN201(m): 9:43am On Sep 07, 2021
sensisosu:
Location is Ikota villa GRA,, megachicken lekki
just get Google Fi

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (272) (Reply)

Switch Off Your Phones Before 12:30 - 3:30am Today, Its........ / Help! How Do I Change My 2go Profile Location. / Short Code To Check Ur Phone Number On Mtn, Glo, Airtel And Etisalat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.