Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,844 members, 7,820,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? - Phones (248) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? (580407 Views)

Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? / More Options For Nigerians As Matrix Set To Launch Pre-owned Devices (photos) / Etisalat Introduces Timely Based Data Plans For Unlimited Browsing And Streaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (272) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by talk2dre(m): 10:35pm On Jul 15, 2021
talk2dre:
I've got my TP-LINK M7200 4G LTE Mobile Wi-Fi for sale.

I got it in February from Amazon, used it thrice and got no need for it since there's a free WiFi network available for my use.

It's still in excellent condition; with everything in the box intact, as you can see in the attached picture.

It has an app, tpMiFi App (available on Apple App Store and Google Play Store), with which you can easily access and manage the M7200 from your connected iOS/Android devices. The tpMiFi app allows you to establish data limits, control which devices can access your Wi-Fi and send messages.

It can easily share 4G connections with up to 10 wireless devices like laptops, tablets and mobile phones at the same time.

2000mAh – 2000mAh rechargeable battery capacity
8 hours – 8 hours of 4G sharing
480 hours – 480 hours of standby

You can google about its great specs.

Price: 15k.

First come, first served.

We will meet for pickup; so you inspect it, insert your sim, use it till you're satisfied and we conclude.

Call/WhatsApp: 0-8-0-3-9-1-9-2-7-4-7

Sold!
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by tidedroid: 9:53am On Jul 19, 2021
Does anyone know swift fair usage policy on their unlimited night plans?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by rookidmart: 5:32pm On Jul 19, 2021
tidedroid:
Does anyone know swift fair usage policy on their unlimited night plans?
0 throttling whatsoever.

I've used over a terabyte monthly when I used to download a lot of media.

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Cassie74: 6:40pm On Jul 19, 2021
[quote author=purplekayc post=102966657] ntel Fibre? [/quote
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Cassie74: 6:42pm On Jul 19, 2021
Abduletudaye:

if you are looking at something you can take out with you any time, then you can get the ntel mifi or router but if you are looking at getting dedicated speeds i.e 10mbps, 20mbps and above, you should get ntel fibre or microwave services. you can reach out to me for any of them.. smiley

Hello I have ntel router but it's pretty slow... I just have two bars ... how can I get five bars.. anyway around this.. location Abuja

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by saint2ace(m): 8:01pm On Jul 19, 2021
Cassie74:

Hello I have ntel router but it's pretty slow... I just have two bars ... how can I get five bars.. anyway around this.. location Abuja

Go to an area with better signal coverage or get an external antenna to help boost ur network, that's if ur router is compatible.....
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Abduletudaye(m): 9:11pm On Jul 19, 2021
Cassie74:

I hope you haven't hit FUP? Or where in Abuja do you stay?

Please send a pm.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by ORIJIN201(m): 7:22am On Jul 20, 2021
rookidmart:

0 throttling whatsoever.

I've used over a terabyte monthly when I used to download a lot of media.
I was wondering too. Looking up previous comments on the thread I'm seeing claims that swift throttle speed of unlimited plans. However, what I've noticed is that there are specific unlimited plans for individuals and workplaces/offices. To my knowledge, the ones for workplaces have capped speed from 15Mbps to 5Mbps. And for individuals, no caps on speed. Me personally do the one for 7k with free unlimited midnight downloads. I've downloaded over a 100GB on 7k and I've not been throttled, ever. So I don't understand the claims flying around on this thread.

4 Likes

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Cassie74: 7:28am On Jul 20, 2021
saint2ace:

Go to an area with better signal coverage or get an external antenna to help boost ur network, that's if ur router is compatible.....

The area is my house..ntel guys came and said nothing can be done except I do the external antenna and even at that..they are not sure it will work..tired
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by saint2ace(m): 1:01pm On Jul 20, 2021
Cassie74:

The area is my house..ntel guys came and said nothing can be done except I do the external antenna and even at that..they are not sure it will work..tired

Sorry to hear that, u'll just have to make do......
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by bastardson: 2:54am On Jul 22, 2021
Cassie74:

NTEL is by far the worst internet service provider in the world. Do not disturb yourself.

The time I knew they were gonna be crap was even before they began, they couldn’t afford a TV advert? Just newspaper and a few cheap billboard.

I remember their customer service calling me after I dumped their line, she asked “you haven’t been active in the last few months” I hope you are fine? I was like “your network was crappy, I paid for a full month, and never enjoyed it for once in the 30 days” she didn’t even try to persuade me. She was like “ohh okay” and that was it.

The guy here advertising Ntel was the guy that sold it to me. Ade something. I do not blame him, it his personal hustle. I never bothered to call him self on it.

But if you wanna experience how internet was the days we were going to Cyber cafes in 2003-2006 buy Ntel. (Nostalgic feelings mehnnn)

10 Likes

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Ulrich01(m): 7:43am On Jul 22, 2021
Cassie74:

Better try spectranet or better still if you have some cash try dotmac.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Cassie74: 8:33am On Jul 22, 2021
Ulrich01:

Better try spectranet or better still if you have some cash try dotmac.

No spectranet service here.. thinking of dotmac but held back cos of the initial cost and fibre laying
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Cassie74: 8:46am On Jul 22, 2021
bastardson:
NTEL is by far the worst internet service provider in the world. Do not disturb yourself.

The time I knew they were gonna be crap was even before they began, they couldn’t afford a TV advert? Just newspaper and a few cheap billboard.

I remember their customer service calling me after I dumped their line, she asked “you haven’t been active in the last few months” I hope you are fine? I was like “your network was crappy, I paid for a full month, and never enjoyed it for once in the 30 days” she didn’t even try to persuade me. She was like “ohh okay” and that was it.

The guy here advertising Ntel was the guy that sold it to me. Ade something. I do not blame him, it his personal hustle. I never bothered to call him self on it.

But if you wanna experience how internet was the days we were going to Cyber cafes in 2003-2006 buy Ntel. (Nostalgic feelings mehnnn)

You are so right about their customer service calls.. when they have issues with their server they won't call to let you know or apologize... but once you dont subscribe.. they start calling....funny enough if I go outside my gate it's full bar... don't understand them abi it..
Though a guy that's working there told me they've new routers now that they keep outside...40k..he told me they've run out for now but he just made some orders that will come in in two weeks from China...he told me it's test and pay.. I am all for it.. will sell my router and get it if it works
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Ulrich01(m): 8:48am On Jul 22, 2021
Cassie74:

No spectranet service here.. thinking of dotmac but held back cos of the initial cost and fibre laying

Well if you can get cash for dotmac, totally worth the cost. Especially the double speed at night and weekend, unlimited download no throttle.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Cassie74: 8:52am On Jul 22, 2021
Ulrich01:

Well if you can get cash for dotmac, totally worth the cost. Especially the double speed at night and weekend, unlimited download no throttle.

I will
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by bastardson: 12:46pm On Jul 22, 2021
Cassie74:

You are so right about their customer service calls.. when they have issues with their server they won't call to let you know or apologize... but once you dont subscribe.. they start calling....funny enough if I go outside my gate it's full bar... don't understand them abi it..
Though a guy that's working there told me they've new routers now that they keep outside...40k..he told me they've run out for now but he just made some orders that will come in in two weeks from China...he told me it's test and pay.. I am all for it.. will sell my router and get it if it works
Be like sey u never use Tizeti before.:

Network will be working fine when their engineer is around, as soon he leaves, it becomes crappy again..

If you know how excited I was when I first got Ntel..

My biggest challenge is that I am a gamer, and all them normal GSM service provider networks are on strict. Bad for gaming..

I need open Nat Type or Nat Type 2

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Daniel2802(m): 10:59pm On Jul 22, 2021
Good day all, I need recommendations for a good ISP and plan for unlimited (even if it's capped but still goes well) usage. It's for residential use and location is Port Harcourt.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by bastardson: 12:44am On Jul 23, 2021
Guyz, pls if I unlocked my Hynetflex router, can I use a Swift network sim card on it?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by rookidmart: 7:47am On Jul 23, 2021
bastardson:
Guyz, pls if I unlocked my Hynetflex router, can I use a Swift network sim card on it?
If it supports Swift's network band (Band 40; 2300mHz) and if there's Swift network is in your area.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by bastardson: 10:47am On Jul 23, 2021
rookidmart:

If it supports Swift's network band (Band 40; 2300mHz) and if there's Swift network is in your area.
I will try to find out.. Though I am aware of the fact that Swift Network is always slow in the day time, which is discouraging, however they have an open Nat type otherwise known as Nat Type 2 in PlayStation which is good for online gaming as it doesn’t have the strict firewalls that comes with Mobile networks
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by walemoney007(m): 11:20am On Jul 23, 2021
hancock:
is anybody in this group considering spaceX starlink when they launch end of year in Nigeria as they promised?
I have already booked the $99 deposit on their website starlink.com
fingers crossed.....
How can I preorder this starlink?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Daniel2802(m): 3:46pm On Jul 23, 2021
WhileTrue:
Anyone use them africa. konnect. com/en before?
They offer satellite internet just like SpaceX Starlink

Have you gotten it?

Made research and apparently they're the only ones that can give me what I want at my location. Others their coverage is not wide enough.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by bastardson: 4:13pm On Jul 23, 2021
Daniel2802:

Have you gotten it?

Made research and apparently they're the only ones that can give me what I want at my location. Others their coverage is not wide enough.
My issue is that it’s VSAT and this is getting outdated.

I just spoke with their customer care agent.. And he confirmed that it ain’t truly unlimited. There’s a data Cap
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Daniel2802(m): 7:32pm On Jul 23, 2021
bastardson:
My issue is that it’s VSAT and this is getting outdated.

I just spoke with their customer care agent.. And he confirmed that it ain’t truly unlimited. There’s a data Cap

Yeah true. Spoke with them, got quotations and all. Their fair usage rate isn't favourable too.

Name

Priority Data -
Fair Use Policy (FUP)

Priority Speed (Down/Up in Mbps)

Price in NGN
(VAT Exclusive)

Free Night (10PM-6AM)

Fair Use Policy (FUP)

STANDARD PLANS

Unlimited 20

Unlimited with FUP (10GB Priority Data)

20 / 3

YES

at 10GB, 4Mbps then at 15GB, 1Mbps

Unlimited 25

Unlimited with FUP (20GB Priority Data)

25 / 3

YES

at 20GB, 5Mbps then at 30GB, 1Mbps

Unlimited 30

Unlimited with FUP (30GB Priority Data)

30 / 3

YES

at 30GB, 6Mbps then at 45GB, 1Mbps

Unlimited 40

Unlimited with FUP (60GB Priority Data)

40 / 3

YES

at 60GB, 8Mbps then at 90GB, 2Mbps

PRO PLANS (Speed Option to 100Mbps)

Unlimited 50

Unlimited with FUP (100GB Priority Data)

50 / 3

YES

at 100GB, 10Mbps then at 150GB, 2Mbps

Unlimited VIP 1

Unlimited with FUP (200GB Priority Data)

50 / 3

YES

at 200GB, 13Mbps then at 300GB, 3Mbps

Unlimited VIP 2

Unlimited with FUP (300GB Priority Data)

50 / 3

YES

at 300GB, 13Mbps then at 450GB, 3Mbps

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Daniel2802(m): 8:39pm On Jul 23, 2021
Anyone using MTN Hynet Flex?
Can you share your experience so far?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by passendi: 9:25pm On Jul 23, 2021
Rubbish router
Daniel2802:

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by bastardson: 9:28pm On Jul 23, 2021
Daniel2802:
Rubbish upon nonsense .. I wanna unlock it and start using it with swift.. I just hope swift is fast at my side
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Daniel2802(m): 7:39am On Jul 24, 2021
Lol HyNetflex is not an option then.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by bastardson: 12:01am On Jul 26, 2021
Why is this place this quiet
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Psychodavidovic(m): 1:58pm On Jul 26, 2021
bastardson:
Why is this place this quiet

No new ISP offering a good unlimited plan to talk about the ones we have already are just not it.

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by bastardson: 5:30pm On Jul 26, 2021
Psychodavidovic:

No new ISP offering a good unlimited plan to talk about the ones we have already are just not it.
It’s as if they all plan their pricing together Mz And that’s because Glo and MTN are the providers they all rely on.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (272) (Reply)

Switch Off Your Phones Before 12:30 - 3:30am Today, Its........ / Help! How Do I Change My 2go Profile Location. / Short Code To Check Ur Phone Number On Mtn, Glo, Airtel And Etisalat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.