Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,478 members, 7,823,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? - Phones (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? (580885 Views)

Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? / More Options For Nigerians As Matrix Set To Launch Pre-owned Devices (photos) / Etisalat Introduces Timely Based Data Plans For Unlimited Browsing And Streaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (272) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 9:28am On Feb 10, 2017
BiggName:
baba buy spectranet and sub of 10k.
enjoy unlimited night browsing.
download 100gig in 1hour

Is this spectranets latest gig - paid hacks boosting their rubbish service?

this is the same way those jokers keep spamming my line with different numbers asking me to come back to their dubious service

i used spectranet for one and a half years - until they started throttling my so called 'unlimited' night browsing connection.

50kbps between 1am and 7am, and once it was 7am , the speed picked to 1mbps

useless baggers - you jump through hoops to schedule your downloads, wake up to ensure they are running, only to get some 50kbps bullshit.

and when i went to their office to complain, they didn't deny, they just said they were throttling to 500kbps

Fuuuck spectranet and the horse i sent them out on.

5 Likes

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by rookidmart: 9:32am On Feb 10, 2017
BiggName:
spectranet is not fast.. see dey results
Smile is the fastest 4G only network in Nigeria. MTN is the fastest 4G network in Nigeria.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by rookidmart: 9:35am On Feb 10, 2017
alt3r3g0:

With the same speeds on the previous screenshot?
Don't mind them.
It's usually fairly fast normally but when you're using their plan with unlimited download night plan it's seriously throttled from 1AM.
Funny enough if you use a normal subscription without unlimited night browsing you get normal speeds.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by BiggName: 9:39am On Feb 10, 2017
okay baba which 4g is the best.
been on it for 3mtns now..
my speed varies from 500kn to 3mb max.
ibe complained.
threatened them
wven filed up complaints on paper and on they page.
ive used smile b4..
its not unlimited
oyb:

this is the same way those jokers keep spamming my line with different numbers asking me to come back to their dubious service

i used spectranet for one and a half years - until they started throttling my so called 'unlimited' night browsing connection.

useless baggers - you jump through hoops to schedule your downloads, wake up to ensure they are running, only to get some 50kbps bullshit.

and when i went to their office to complain, they didn't deny, they just said they were throttling to 500kbps

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by malikalhaj: 4:08pm On Feb 10, 2017
it depends on where u reside, all the networks have good 4G. the only people i will complain about is spectranet cos they throttle their free midnight plan from 1am till 6:59am
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by BiggName: 4:35pm On Feb 10, 2017
well im ok..i consume about 2 to 3gig daily.
so even sef i dey ok with themi used airtel..fast but alwys falls tp 2g.
i use mtn..jus like smile throttled speed after faor usage..i dump mtn.
i dey ok with spectranet..at least e dey deliver my work rsther than dead speed.
i get game of 10gig to download..im just hoping spectranet can complere it..seriously i download a movie 3nites ago abt 2.30am..ot was 1.8 gig movie.
finshed downloading at 2.58am..at 2.9mb speed.
is it not better to af unlimited download outside data cap than to av smile throttle speed to 200kb.
malikalhaj:
it depends on where u reside, all the networks have good 4G. the only people i will complain about is spectranet cos they throttle their free midnight plan from 1am till 6:59am
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by investigator007: 12:03am On Feb 11, 2017
Wow this sounds great, i pray its great too
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by okonja(m): 12:11am On Feb 11, 2017
For all unlocking of your huawei devices to use other networks, holla me
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 11:01am On Feb 11, 2017
seems to be back. 4 bars 1.5mbps
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:46pm On Feb 11, 2017
oyb:
seems to be back. 4 bars 1.5mbps

OK.

Down time for them is about 50% these days
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by adadadon(m): 10:14am On Feb 12, 2017
What I get on Ntel three Bar.

Very annoying.

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by olurotimi1: 5:40pm On Feb 12, 2017
adadadon:
What I get on Ntel three Bar.

Very annoying.
location please grin
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by duwdu: 6:09pm On Feb 12, 2017
alt3r3g0:

With the same speeds on the previous screenshot?

Hahaha...gringringrin

P34c3
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by pheesayor(m): 3:03pm On Feb 13, 2017
please explain, though I moved the unlocked swift router to another office and got two bars, I simply left it there but I won't mind full bars
oyb:
You may need a multiple router setup.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by pheesayor(m): 3:09pm On Feb 13, 2017
oyb:
ntel has fully gone to sheet in festac

at first i thought it was my desktop modem, because i was swapping out the sim to use in a mifi while working around satellite town.

i get home, pop in the sim and zero network. after a wait there is one bar and a download speed of 3kbps

wtf is this? angry angry angry angry undecided
ntel has ben shitty in festac since December, even with full bars they still mess up, I wonder why they are not utilising the old nitel equipments in Festac
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by pheesayor(m): 3:12pm On Feb 13, 2017
There's a nitel compound behind my office, used to get full bars even when placed in the server room that is tight, now no bars so I moved to my office 1 bar with speed less than 500kbps, I moved it to another office and got two bars, speed improved, as at this morning was 7.2mbps when there was no one working, now that people are connected speed is around 1.2mbps.
Overall, ntel needs to step up and be consistent
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Feb 13, 2017
pheesayor:
please explain, though I moved the unlocked swift router to another office and got two bars, I simply left it there but I won't mind full bars

buy a router and set it up.
leave the swift modem in the location where it is getting full bars
connect the swift modem to the router via network cable.

connect all devices to the router.

you can choose to disable the swift modem wifi after doing this.

i had found in my house that i get good reception upstairs but very poor reception downstairs, and the spectranet modem/router i was using at the time had very poor coverage through the house. so i bought a dlink router [817l] and set it up as my primary networking device. as an added benefit it had a usb port, so i am able to stream media to devices from a hard drive connected to the router.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by amadika(m): 11:25pm On Feb 13, 2017
Got an ntel SIM today in PH, after getting the successful registration SMS on my mtn line, I popped it into my unlocked MTN 4g mifi (E5573s-320), changed my network mode to 4G only and set the APN to ntel and rebooted the mifi device yet No Service.
Also tried it on Xiaomi redmi note 3.
I scanned for network manually and will see 62140 4G but it still failed to register on it. Guys pls help
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by lynxnoon(m): 7:07am On Feb 14, 2017
amadika:
Got an ntel SIM today in PH, after getting the successful registration SMS on my mtn line, I popped it into my unlocked MTN 4g mifi (E5573s-320), changed my network mode to 4G only and set the APN to ntel and rebooted the mifi device yet No Service.
I scanned for network manually and will see 62140 4G but it still failed to register on it. Guys pls help
Take it to ntel office let them configure the sim to the phone or modem.

Cheers
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Feb 16, 2017
amadika:

Set password as ntel
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:47pm On Feb 16, 2017
amadika:

For the phone, forget it.
Ntel is such a stupid network that the fact that the phone clearly supports their 4G band does not mean that it will work.

i suffered the same fate with about 2 phones. na luck the thing dey take work.

plus its not a wise idea, because their network is so crap that it will be killing the phone battery very quickly

for the MiFi, maybe the service isn't too good in that your vicinity.....

if it is unlocked it usually works without much ado
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by purplekayc(m): 12:48pm On Feb 17, 2017
oyb:

grin
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by purplekayc(m): 12:52pm On Feb 17, 2017
4llerbuntu:

Ntel is such a stupid network that the fact that the phone clearly supports their 4G band does not mean that it will work.

plus its not a wise idea, because their network is so crap that it will be killing the phone battery very quickly

why you go buy phone when there's cheap mifi
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:02pm On Feb 17, 2017
Well i didn't buy phones because i wanted to use it on Ntel, cheesy it just so happened that the phones were 4G enabled and supported Ntel's band.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by amadika(m): 7:11pm On Feb 17, 2017
4llerbuntu:

I went back to their office the next day and after all troubleshooting it was discovered that the lady mixed up the Sims and gave me an unregistered SIM. The correct SIM worked straight up on my phone and mifi
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by OBAGADAFFI: 6:17pm On Feb 21, 2017
What is happening to NTEL

I can't open any website from 12noon till now, yet I have full network bars ZTE MF286 router.

Even the Twitter NTEL care keep saying they are working on it
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by hancock(m): 7:10pm On Feb 21, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:
What is happening to NTEL

I can't open any website from 12noon till now, yet I have full network bars ZTE MF286 router.

Even the Twitter NTEL care keep saying they are working on it

I thought i was alone. The only website i could access since noon today is nairaland . com
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by AjanleKoko: 7:43pm On Feb 21, 2017
4llerbuntu:

Which phones were those that you bought and didn't work? Did they work on, say, Smile?
Most phones that are sold in Nigeria are not able to work on 4G-only networks; they're configured for CS-Fallback, i.e. connect to 2G/3G for voice, and LTE for data. ntel and Smile don't have 2G or 3G obviously, so ...

Though there are a few tricks, but they are a bit of a pain. You can for example download and install the 4G Switcher if they are Android devices, or use the System mode codes to access the device firmware, but when you reboot device, you likely return to square one.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by OBAGADAFFI: 8:16pm On Feb 21, 2017
hancock:

I thought i was alone. The only website i could access since noon today is nairaland . com

Even when the network came back, I can't access Google.

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (272) (Reply)

Switch Off Your Phones Before 12:30 - 3:30am Today, Its........ / Help! How Do I Change My 2go Profile Location. / Short Code To Check Ur Phone Number On Mtn, Glo, Airtel And Etisalat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.