Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,924 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? - Phones (87) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? (578992 Views)

Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? / More Options For Nigerians As Matrix Set To Launch Pre-owned Devices (photos) / Etisalat Introduces Timely Based Data Plans For Unlimited Browsing And Streaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (272) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by duwdu: 4:21pm On Oct 29, 2017
saint2ace:
Update on Ntel: As earlier stated Ntel streams youtube flawlessly, but after connecting to my Android box, I can even get 1min viewing time on mobdro or Kodi. Utterly annoying to say the least.
Had to switch back to spectranet to enjoy my matches.
Ntel thanks for the free data but ur network sucks.....

I do not experience such a discrepancy. Unless you're able to prove or determine otherwise, the WiFi card/dongle used by your Android box may be the problem/culprit, so you may want to ascertain that bit?

P34C3
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by iconmichael: 2:14pm On Oct 30, 2017
If the ntel spoken of here is the same one I've been using for over a year and a half, which for over 6 months now their service has been rubbish and I have to turn the router on and off 20 times a day to see if the service will improve? Then my guess is that some of the posters here are paid by ntel.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by dustmalik: 3:28pm On Oct 30, 2017
iconmichael:
If the ntel spoken of here is the same one I've been using for over a year and a half, which for over 6 months now their service has been rubbish and I have to turn the router on and off 20 times a day to see if the service will improve? Then my guess is that some of the posters here are paid by ntel.
Not necessarily. One thing I came to realize about ntel is that it performs better in some areas than others. So it may be your area
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 3:42pm On Oct 30, 2017
duwdu:

I do not experience such a discrepancy. Unless you're able to prove or determine otherwise, the WiFi card/dongle used by your Android box may be the problem/culprit, so you may want to ascertain that bit?

P34C3

there's nothing wrong with anything other than ntel.

i've said it here before, ntel works great with youtube, no matter how bad the service is. even with the 60kbps i get, it does 480P youtube very well.

everything else is wack.

fun fact, this weekend i was able to lay my hands on another ntel sim. tested both from friday night till this morning

i loaded my own sim and tried both on the same hardware at home, same tarrif plan, the unlimited monthly.

my sim did not top 100kbps no matter what i tried

the other sim was getting 200 - 300 kbps, fluctuates sometimes to 1 Mbps. in the night the second sim consistently did 900kbps - 1.3mbps

at least i've been able to clear my doubts for sure now about my line
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by bedford101(m): 5:12pm On Oct 30, 2017
Nitel what a baise network....keep siting in only Lagos and Abuja the rest places are not Nigeria ...oloshi

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by soloqy: 6:06pm On Oct 30, 2017
4llerbuntu:

i've said it here before, ntel works great with youtube, no matter how bad the service is. even with the 60kbps i get, it does 480P youtube very well.

everything else is wack.

fun fact, this weekend i was able to lay my hands on another ntel sim. tested both from friday night till this morning

i loaded my own sim and tried both on the same hardware at home, same tarrif plan, the unlimited monthly.

the other sim was getting 200 - 300 kbps, fluctuates sometimes to 1 Mbps. in the night the second sim consistently did 900kbps - 1.3mbps

So what could be wrong with your sim? cheesy

Maybe go and switch it or something and retain the number? They should be able to do that I guess.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Oct 30, 2017
Sim replacement could even be worse. The speed of mine wasnt that bad prior to sim replacement but it's been terrible since that happened.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dam5reey(m): 7:46am On Oct 31, 2017
nani667:
Swift this evening ✔

Oga you don collect your double offer, Just got 6months for the amount of 3months kiss
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by alt3r3g0: 7:59am On Oct 31, 2017
Dam5reey:

At the moment, Im still very new to this Swift, I dont Understand how the Modemn really works, It just plug and play..
The Runner device no dey show signal bar I only see -56 db -79 db Dont understand what it mean

As per disconnection may be your Area has poor Reception, just like my office location.. It disconnected yesterday had to remove and plug back.
Check there coverage map from their website.

Eventually changed my modem to an E5573 and there has been no disconnect issues so far.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dam5reey(m): 9:22am On Oct 31, 2017
alt3r3g0:

Eventually changed my modem to an E5573 and there has been no disconnect issues so far.

Good to hear, you found a solution.. smiley
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by nani667: 4:30pm On Oct 31, 2017
Dam5reey:

Oga you don collect your double offer, Just got 6months for the amount of 3months kiss

hmmm...what offer is that
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Justin288: 5:49pm On Oct 31, 2017
EMMAUGOH:
Ntel is superb in my Area o... Uploads and download... All are superb... Only one problem is frequent disconnection. Though dns Managed it a little bit... Am on 5k night plan monthly... The thing is just unlimited and the actual time is 10-5 but the real speed is from 1-4

Will try the 12k5 or try 5knight and just normal 2500 data for day

Please how can I change my DNS settings for my modem: Huawei 5573 - 606
Am also using Ntel
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by alt3r3g0: 6:51pm On Oct 31, 2017
Anyone using glo here? Whats their 4g speed like? It went to hell at some point and i bailed. Asides swift's bonus at the moment, their rates are similar to MTN (5k for 10gb). Glo has 8k for 48gb with continued subscription.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by iliyande(m): 7:09pm On Oct 31, 2017
alt3r3g0:
Anyone using glo here? Whats their 4g speed like? It went to hell at some point and i bailed. Asides swift's bonus at the moment, their rates are similar to MTN (5k for 10gb). Glo has 8k for 48gb with continued subscription.

If you have their 4G enabled device, go for it without thinking twice grin their 4g is very ok here....
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by tivta(m): 7:10pm On Oct 31, 2017
alt3r3g0:

hehe, keep using mtn na, lol. please dont come and congest glo for me oh, lol.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dam5reey(m): 11:26pm On Oct 31, 2017
nani667:

hmmm...what offer is that

It's ended.. I did 7k for 20GB thrice ... Got 21,000 as bonus...
Now I have above 137GB valid for 7 months

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by nani667: 8:33pm On Nov 01, 2017
Dam5reey:

It's ended.. I did 7k for 20GB thrice ... Got 21,000 as bonus... Now I have above 137GB valid for 7 months

Nice... Beht I have used more than 137GB in the past week sef ...
Unlimited for life smiley
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by nani667: 8:33pm On Nov 01, 2017
Dam5reey:

It's ended.. I did 7k for 20GB thrice ... Got 21,000 as bonus... Now I have above 137GB valid for 7 months

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dam5reey(m): 9:40pm On Nov 01, 2017
nani667:

grin
Are you drinking data?
The night plan is not just convenient...
It's nice anyways
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by alt3r3g0: 10:02pm On Nov 01, 2017
Dam5reey:

It's ended.. I did 7k for 20GB thrice ... Got 21,000 as bonus...
Now I have above 137GB valid for 7 months

Just so you know, at least 20gb disappears every month...so if you happen to use less than that, the remainder disappears. Got 100gb with 7k on one of their earlier promos.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by ezzylee(m): 4:06am On Nov 02, 2017
TESTIMONY TIME, BLESSING TIME

Swifts network is BAM. I'm currently on their 3gb + unlimited (10pm - 7am everyday). Since 10pm from yesterday till now, I've downloaded well over 20gb. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 7:09am On Nov 02, 2017
ezzylee:
TESTIMONY TIME, BLESSING TIME

Swifts network is BAM. I'm currently on their 3gb + unlimited (10pm - 7am everyday). Since 10pm from yesterday till now, I've downloaded well over 20gb. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Did u buy it with that plan
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dam5reey(m): 7:11am On Nov 02, 2017
alt3r3g0:

Just so you know, at least 20gb disappears every month...so if you happen to use less than that, the remainder disappears. Got 100gb with 7k on one of their earlier promos.

I use more than 1GB per day.. so this won't last more than 3 months..
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by ezzylee(m): 9:38am On Nov 02, 2017
EMMAUGOH:
Did u buy it with that plan

No.... Had their router since. Stopped using them last year. Returned back to them on the 31st of last month (Tuesday).
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by JandyJ(m): 9:47am On Nov 02, 2017
Please is Ntel available in Benin??
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by duwdu: 7:29pm On Nov 02, 2017
4llerbuntu:

everything else is wack.

IIRC, your peculiar (no pun intended) ultra low speed on ntel has been there like forever? And that individual attention to you by ntel hadn't changed a thing? So, why would there be an appreciable improvement with another sim in your area? If I've somehow misunderstood your case however, I apologize.

The point, though, is that some of us have reported a newfound 10-13mbps consistency on ntel in our areas for the past three months, or so. Prior to that (in my own case,) ntel had a terrible, terrible service for like two months. I had to abandon ship while that terrible service lasted, and rely on Glo's 4G service. With ntel now good again in my crib, I've been rolling with that truly unlimited 10-13mbps.

Having said all that, I honestly think you quoted my message out of context. I was responding to a poster who reported a normal speed experience on a device, but got a less than stellar one on an Android box over the same network. I think that case was fundamentally different from yours.

Believe me, with some of these Android boxes, all it takes is to flip the box upside down and the performance of the WiFi card can improve significantly.

Nevertheless, we all live and learn.

Once again, I sincerely hope ntel works for you somehow, especially if there are no other cost-effective options you can latch on; but I know I don't have to doubt your awareness.

P34c3
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by younglawya(m): 8:01pm On Nov 05, 2017
Hi guys . Just got to know about the NTEL Data package. Some quick questions. 1 where can I get it in Lagos? 2 can it work on an iPhone 6 or 7 3 Has anyone used it in gbagada or bariga environs in Lagos optimally? 4 if it doesn't work on the iPhone, what cheap MIFI options are available. 5 does any one have a contact that can assist with the above?

Thanks
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by miki2014: 4:10am On Nov 06, 2017
Has anyone noticed that Glo 4g network degrades at night on the Ajah Axis. It's been a recurring issue for the last 2 weeks. Service disappears at night and returns at first light of day (around 6am). It's very frustrating. Weekends are a nightmare too.

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by tivta(m): 8:38am On Nov 06, 2017
miki2014:
Has anyone noticed that Glo 4g network degrades at night on the Ajah Axis. It's been a recurring issue for the last 2 weeks. Service disappears at night and returns at first light of day (around 6am). It's very frustrating. Weekends are a nightmare too.
big man big problem. I believe mtn is better in such axies.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by younglawya(m): 8:42am On Nov 06, 2017
younglawya:
Hi guys . Just got to know about the NTEL Data package. Some quick questions. 1 where can I get it in Lagos? 2 can it work on an iPhone 6 or 7 3 Has anyone used it in gbagada or bariga environs in Lagos optimally? 4 if it doesn't work on the iPhone, what cheap MIFI options are available. 5 does any one have a contact that can assist with the above?

Thanks

Help please
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:34am On Nov 06, 2017
duwdu:

IIRC, your peculiar (no pun intended) ultra low speed on ntel has been there like forever?

And that individual attention to you by ntel hadn't changed a thing?

So, why would there be an appreciable improvement with another sim in your area?

Yes, basically since they started throttling.

Yes. Although TBH I don't think they've ever attended to any complaint I've made though I made several. Always "restart your device" then mark the complaint as resolved.

That is the mystery. Wouldn't believe it, if I didn't experience it. But even that other Sim isn't much better.

If I was seeing 10 -13mbps on Ntel, I would pay 1 year sub upfront sef.

Their case is done and dusted for me. I've moved on permanently
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 10:23am On Nov 06, 2017
4llerbuntu:

Yes, basically since they started throttling.

Yes. Although TBH I don't think they've ever attended to any complaint I've made though I made several. Always "restart your device" then mark the complaint as resolved.

That is the mystery. Wouldn't believe it, if I didn't experience it. But even that other Sim isn't much better.

If I was seeing 10 -13mbps on Ntel, I would pay 1 year sub upfront sef.

Their case is done and dusted for me. I've moved on permanently

What data cap does the trottling begin and what 4G service do you make use of now?

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (272) (Reply)

Switch Off Your Phones Before 12:30 - 3:30am Today, Its........ / Help! How Do I Change My 2go Profile Location. / Short Code To Check Ur Phone Number On Mtn, Glo, Airtel And Etisalat

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.