Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,647 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? - Phones (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? (578931 Views)

Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? / More Options For Nigerians As Matrix Set To Launch Pre-owned Devices (photos) / Etisalat Introduces Timely Based Data Plans For Unlimited Browsing And Streaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (272) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:32pm On Nov 06, 2017
ollah1:

What data cap does the trottling begin and what 4G service do you make use of now?

TBH i no longer have any idea.

at some point they said they have stopped throttling, and as u can see some other people say they have fast speeds so........

i use Glo 4G right now
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Ulrich01(m): 1:08pm On Nov 06, 2017
Please anyone using ntel on the recent miui 9 android version 7.0 xiaomi note 4 SD with no issues?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by pheesayor(m): 1:44pm On Nov 06, 2017
Google's DNS goes down at times too.....
Dam5reey:

If you know how to do that, go ahead
DNS 1 8.8.8.8
DNS 2 8.8.4.4
I used my phone, I do not have any idea just downloaded Dns jumper enabled and connection was normal usually 10-15 Mbps

I noticed only Youtube was working fine at this speed without DNS, so I downloaded DNS jumper select google dns sharply
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by pheesayor(m): 1:53pm On Nov 06, 2017
I'm in Yaba, never got a call for them despite complaining severally about slow speed. Which part of yaba are you and how's the speed?
saint2ace:
Is it just me or is ntel running a promo, got a call from their customer service rep and i was given one week free internet oh, and the thing is flying like no man's biz, according to them after it expires if i decide to renew for the one month bundle, i get another one month free.... Are they for real? Location is Yaba
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by pheesayor(m): 1:59pm On Nov 06, 2017
4llerbuntu:

there's nothing wrong with anything other than ntel.

i've said it here before, ntel works great with youtube, no matter how bad the service is. even with the 60kbps i get, it does 480P youtube very well.

everything else is wack.

fun fact, this weekend i was able to lay my hands on another ntel sim. tested both from friday night till this morning

i loaded my own sim and tried both on the same hardware at home, same tarrif plan, the unlimited monthly.

my sim did not top 100kbps no matter what i tried

the other sim was getting 200 - 300 kbps, fluctuates sometimes to 1 Mbps. in the night the second sim consistently did 900kbps - 1.3mbps

at least i've been able to clear my doubts for sure now about my line

I've asked them severally if there's anything wrong with my line and they said, they even said they discontinued FUP but I'm not seeing improvements
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 06, 2017
4llerbuntu:

TBH i no longer have any idea.

at some point they said they have stopped throttling, and as u can see some other people say they have fast speeds so........

i use Glo 4G right now

I streamed Netflix with it over the weekend with my pals smart TV and ok the phone and it went flawless. Im gonna give glo a shot too tho
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:12pm On Nov 06, 2017
ollah1:

I streamed Netflix with it over the weekend with my pals smart TV and ok the phone and it went flawless. Im gonna give glo a shot too tho

it won't work well for live TV though.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Nov 06, 2017
4llerbuntu:

it won't work well for live TV though.

Like streaming a match or something ?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:26pm On Nov 06, 2017
ollah1:

Like streaming a match or something ?

yes
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Chuksteric(m): 4:28pm On Nov 06, 2017
4llerbuntu:

yes
I used Glo yesterday and it didn't buffer surprisingly yesterday
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by toluxa1(m): 4:31pm On Nov 06, 2017
Anyone seen the New Glo plans. Looks nice.

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:42pm On Nov 06, 2017
Chuksteric:
I used Glo yesterday and it didn't buffer surprisingly yesterday

been using them for about 4 months. I think i have been disappointed only twice.

those days sef i'm not sure if it wasn't the sites i was streaming from that had the problem sef.

and they are not even very good at my end o. i get like 7Mbps. Imagine if the network was very strong in my house...
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Chuksteric(m): 5:41pm On Nov 06, 2017
4llerbuntu:

been using them for about 4 months. I think i have been disappointed only twice.

those days sef i'm not sure if it wasn't the sites i was streaming from that had the problem sef.

and they are not even very good at my end o. i get like 7Mbps. Imagine if the network was very strong in my house...
the ping time is impressive too...
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by saint2ace(m): 9:54am On Nov 07, 2017
pheesayor:
I'm in Yaba, never got a call for them despite complaining severally about slow speed. Which part of yaba are you and how's the speed?

Am at Onike behind Unilag back gate, the speed was good while it lasted, YouTube blazed without a glitch but the buffering on Mobdro and Kodi just killed me. So am still on spectranet, who by the way have been misbehaving of late ESP within the past 48hours. These networks are beginning to really piss me off.....
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by ezzylee(m): 2:33pm On Nov 07, 2017
Enjoying my swift merit plan.
When torrenting, I get speeds of 3mbps-4mbps steady. I've only had one bad day so far and that day the highest speed I got was 500kbps.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by purplekayc(m): 3:35pm On Nov 07, 2017
toluxa1:
Anyone seen the New Glo plans. Looks nice.
is there any change?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:07pm On Nov 08, 2017
Please today's Ntel struggle is having to restart the router every 5 mins.

Is anyone else having this issue?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by alt3r3g0: 5:01pm On Nov 08, 2017
4llerbuntu:

Anyone still using Ntel at this stage must make heaven. Such unflinching loyalty.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Tojued: 6:31pm On Nov 08, 2017
4llerbuntu:

My router completely lost network today, showing the red error light.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Nov 08, 2017
Well ntel still works well at my present location.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:43am On Nov 09, 2017
alt3r3g0:

Anyone still using Ntel at this stage must make heaven. Such unflinching loyalty.

Lol

Unfortunately that's what my work place uses and they absolutely refuse to switch
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by purplekayc(m): 9:18am On Nov 09, 2017
ollah1:
Well ntel still works well at my present location.
Lucky you.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by makavele: 9:56pm On Nov 09, 2017
Just got an NTEL sim today and decided to use it on an unlocked Spectranet MIFI branded E5372S-601

Problem however is . . it connected once around 4pm and all was fine. MIFI battery died; so had to charge it.

Since 7pm till now it has refused to connect; even with 2 bars network; I still drove to town, where I had full network (5 bars)

Yet, it refuses to connect. Just shows connecting forever.

I used apn: "ntel" (without the quotes).

Pls help as my subscription is running already and have not used it for even an hour.

Check attached pics

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dam5reey(m): 10:58pm On Nov 09, 2017
makavele:
Just got an NTEL sim today and decided to use it on an unlocked Spectranet MIFI branded E5372S-601

Problem however is . . it connected once around 4pm and all was fine. MIFI battery died; so had to charge it.

Since 7pm till now it has refused to connect; even with 2 bars network; I still drove to town, where I had full network (5 bars)

Yet, it refuses to connect. Just shows connecting forever.

I used apn: "ntel" (without the quotes).

Pls help as my subscription is running already and have not used it for even an hour.

Check attached pics

Since it worked before, then it's not a serious issue, check the APN settings ensure all is correct,

Restart the Mifi and try again..

Even mine is connecting without subscription...
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by makavele: 11:01pm On Nov 09, 2017
Dam5reey:

Since it worked before, then it's not a serious issue, check the APN settings ensure all is correct,

Restart the Mifi and try again..

Even mine is connecting without subscription...

Mehn, i have restarted this thing like a million times............
The same thing, it says on connecting and never connects . . even with full signal

the apn settings:
username: blank
password: blank
apn: ntel

is there another apn ntel uses?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dam5reey(m): 11:03pm On Nov 09, 2017
makavele:

Mehn, i have restarted this thing like a million times............
The same thing, it says on connecting and never connects . . even with full signal

the apn settings:
username: blank
password: blank
apn: ntel

is there another apn ntel uses?

This what I use

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by makavele: 11:05pm On Nov 09, 2017
Dam5reey:

This what I use

Exactly what i have used too .. I just tire for the matter oh ...

Maybe I will try again by midnight . . .

Besides what phone is that ?

Why doesn't it work on an iPhone, even when the iPhone supports both band 3 and 8 which ntel uses?

angry angry angry
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dam5reey(m): 11:08pm On Nov 09, 2017
makavele:

Exactly what i have used too .. I just tire for the matter oh ...

Maybe I will try again by midnight . . .

Besides what phone is that ?

Why doesn't it work on an iPhone, even when the iPhone supports both band 3 and 8 which ntel uses?

angry angry angry

Alright, you might try by midnight.. maybe network issue..

To make it work on your Phone, set your preferred network to 4G only or LTE only..

I use Xioami Mi5
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by makavele: 11:10pm On Nov 09, 2017
Dam5reey:

Alright, you might try by midnight.. maybe network issue..

To make it work on your Phone, set your preferred network to 4G only or LTE only..

I use Xioami Mi5

Did that too . . cheesy cheesy cheesy
Maybe network issues; yeah?
Had wanted to go get their own mifi 2mrw, but i think i will just chill
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dam5reey(m): 11:12pm On Nov 09, 2017
makavele:

Did that too . . cheesy cheesy cheesy
Maybe network issues; yeah?
Had wanted to go get their own mifi 2mrw, but i think i will just chill

Alright then... Ntel and their compatibility issues... angry
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by makavele: 11:14pm On Nov 09, 2017
Dam5reey:

Alright then... Ntel and their compatibility issues... angry

Back to my SWIFT MERIT, for 2nyt at least
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dam5reey(m): 11:16pm On Nov 09, 2017
makavele:

Back to my SWIFT MERIT, for 2nyt at least

No time.. swift on point now... I've been enjoying it.. kiss

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (272) (Reply)

Switch Off Your Phones Before 12:30 - 3:30am Today, Its........ / Help! How Do I Change My 2go Profile Location. / Short Code To Check Ur Phone Number On Mtn, Glo, Airtel And Etisalat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.