Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,611 members, 7,816,513 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To (77133 Views)

( DROP SHIPPING ) How to buy in china and sell in USA while you are in Nigeria / Mini Importation Business Still Rocks - Drop Shipping And Much More / Some Things You Should Know About Profiting From Drop-shipping Business!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by gboyetade: 5:57am On Jul 23, 2017
How can I go about creating one?

mchenzy:
Is very easy to start dropshipping. Just built mine yesterday with just $4 BitCoin... awkward? Yea it is.... only one person here in Nairaland knows about my dropshipping.

The way I see it is this, don't share anything till it has grown. That's the hard lesson I have learnt.

Edit: Ask me questions and I will answer them but when it goes too much to big secrets I won't answer them...fair enough.
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by gboyetade: 5:57am On Jul 23, 2017
Can you guide please?
karadjorje:
Built thi for my wife.Purely dropshipping and its been profitable.But seriously guys ..marketing...marketing..marketing that's the key.
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by gboyetade: 5:59am On Jul 23, 2017
Links are broken.
Ebook4Free:
shocked shocked You sabi write article oo. When it come to marketing You don't really need to stress yourself so much on SEO all you need is spend money on targeted traffic ads which you can get on facebook. Lemme help you guys with this--
$5/DAY FACEBOOK AD SYSTEM: http://bi t .l y/5dollarfbads
10 FREE TRAFFIC SOURCES (WITHOUT PAID ADS): http://b it.l y/10freetrafficsources

Happy New Year In Advance.
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by phantom(m): 8:25am On Jul 23, 2017
Request any dropshipping course you want and I'll get it for you.
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by Silvermoney: 3:21pm On Jul 23, 2017
phantom:
Can you get me any comprehensive one?
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jul 23, 2017
Drop shipping will work by using a foreign market target like USA and using tools like oberloo or oaxray or blacklister, etc.
The best platform is still shopify.
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by mchenzy: 12:46pm On Jul 24, 2017
EMMAACHILE:
Drop shipping will work by using a foreign market target like USA and using tools like oberloo or oaxray or blacklister, etc.
The best platform is still shopify.

Shopify yes, if you are looking to list much products and have a handsfree stuff, there are better options though...just search them out.
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by mchenzy: 12:48pm On Jul 24, 2017
phantom:

1. EcomSuiteXI
2. Ben Malol eCom Blueprint BootCamp Program Part 2
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by mchenzy: 12:56pm On Jul 24, 2017
gboyetade:
How can I go about creating one?

Basis:

1. Search out trends; trendy, viral or seasonal,
2. Look for them in aliexpress or alibaba or taboo or ebay or use teespring
3. Think about which payment gateway will be easy for you. Google up eCom Payment Gateways
4. Reg for shopify 60 days trial and have your $29 for basic plan after trial expires or buy wordpress hosting and use WoCommerce or Prestashop
5. Stock up and edit ur site
6. Advertise ur new business
7. Drink beer while you deal with costumer inventory...etc

Anymore, am up for hire...goodluck

4 Likes

Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by mchenzy: 1:11pm On Jul 24, 2017
Silvermoney:

CC: Mchenzy

Do you guys think that drop shipping in Nigeria could be very practicable and profitable without glitches? I mean drop shipping from Chinese manufacturers/suppliers (or even Nigerian manufacturers/suppliers) to Nigerian customers here in Nigeria... Is that gonna work?

I have a good dot NG domain which I currently use as a blog, but I have recently installed woocommerce on it and want to remodel it into a full-fledged drop shipping/E-commerce entity, but focused on Nigeria. What do you think is involved here?

So much possible...there local payment gateways in Nigeria. Personally I have not tested any, and my friend who has a hosting business keeps complaining of gateway timeout, payment going through on one end, while on the other it says failed. My point is this, Nigerian payment gateways are yet to have everything handsfree for her user, is too tiring using one. The truth is this SA, KY and GH payment gateways are much better than our own country....guys mek una no fry me ooo, 9ja nid beta payment processors.

So, if you can find a good one here, intergrate it to your wordpress site or go raw and code your site yourself (much better). Dropshipping from China to Nigeria is cool, but do you think your customers can wait for days or you have customers willing to pay exhobitant shipping fees for quick delivery? Maybe you will look for Nigerian fullfillment services, there are many here...in all, is more costly maintaining a local dropshipping business than an international one.
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by easyresource: 3:56pm On Jul 26, 2017
i started dropshipping not too long and some of the challenges i have and some i had submounted would be stated below, but first. As a dropshipper (i hope there is a word like that), u get products (not buy o) but fill your shopify store with products from merchants on aliexpress (or other ecommerce sites) using a tool called oberlo.

With oberlo i only select products that offer free shipping with higher orders [/b]and [b]sellers with higher ranking (this is within my niche ofcourse). So I then change some settings on both my oberlo app and shopify store(watch youtube video online for more help on this).
This allows my buyers to pay for products on my store (prices are in USD ofcourse, NB. buyers address will be listed during placing of order) and then i contact the seller, pay for the good and provide the address of the client for shipping (i also give the merchant some instructions so that the client doesnt know am dropshipping it-coded things).

Some of the key point for MY business model are;
- i target/market or sell to people in the US (free shipping is quicker and much easier)
- i choose product with free shipping, higher seller rank and high order rate
- i change my shipping address to a US address

(those are some i can think of for now)

My challenges are, although u can pay for shopify plan using a Nigerian debit card, but for your site payment processor u cant use most of the payment gateway listed on shopify unless paypal and that leads to my second challenge,

its common knowledge (i hope it is) that with paypal, u can use it to make payment once u fund it, but u cant receive payment with it (to d best of my knowledge ni o, i know some people are waited to pounce, i cant fight o) but i opened a business account with my paypal and i was able to use it as my payment processor. reason why u need this is that since i am targeting US market only, my payment processor must be able to process USD denomination cards.(not even paystack would help)

The other issue is that with paypal as my payment processor, i can receive, but to collect my money now is wahala. But dont fret, am testing an hypothesis, if u have a dollar card, like the one gtbank issues, u can link it to ur paypal business account and when fund get to ur paypal u can add it to ur wallet (card) and use the atm to withdraw. shikena.

I hope this help, and for all u who know more than me, pls teach me with suru, no insults - insinuated or directly implied will not be tolerated angry. Thank you

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by mchenzy: 3:16am On Jul 27, 2017
easyresource:
i started dropshipping not too long and some of the challenges i have and some i had submounted would be stated below, but first. As a dropshipper (i hope there is a word like that), u get products (not buy o) but fill your shopify store with products from merchants on aliexpress (or other ecommerce sites) using a tool called oberlo.

With oberlo i only select products that offer free shipping with higher orders [/b]and [b]sellers with higher ranking (this is within my niche ofcourse). So I then change some settings on both my oberlo app and shopify store(watch youtube video online for more help on this).
This allows my buyers to pay for products on my store (prices are in USD ofcourse, NB. buyers address will be listed during placing of order) and then i contact the seller, pay for the good and provide the address of the client for shipping (i also give the merchant some instructions so that the client doesnt know am dropshipping it-coded things).

- i target/market or sell to people in the US (free shipping is quicker and much easier)

My challenges are, although u can pay for shopify plan using a Nigerian debit card, but for your site payment processor u cant use most of the payment gateway listed on shopify unless paypal and that leads to my second challenge,

its common knowledge (i hope it is) that with paypal, u can use it to make payment once u fund it, but u cant receive payment with it (to d best of my knowledge ni o, i know some people are waited to pounce, i cant fight o) but i opened a business account with my paypal and i was able to use it as my payment processor. reason why u need this is that since i am targeting US market only, my payment processor must be able to process USD denomination cards.(not even paystack would help)

The other issue is that with paypal as my payment processor, i can receive, but to collect my money now is wahala. But dont fret, am testing an hypothesis, if u have a dollar card, like the one gtbank issues, u can link it to ur paypal business account and when fund get to ur paypal u can add it to ur wallet (card) and use the atm to withdraw. shikena.

I hope this help, and for all u who know more than me, pls teach me with suru, no insults - insinuated or directly implied will not be tolerated angry. Thank you

Nice...simple and straight.. cool cool

1 Like

Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jul 27, 2017
mchenzy:
Is very easy to start dropshipping. Just built mine yesterday with just $4 BitCoin... awkward? Yea it is.... only one person here in Nairaland knows about my dropshipping.

The way I see it is this, don't share anything till it has grown. That's the hard lesson I have learnt.

Edit: Ask me questions and I will answer them but when it goes too much to big secrets I won't answer them...fair enough.
Hello sir please can you tutor me on drop shipping through WhatsApp?

1 Like

Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by valjoy(f): 8:11pm On Jul 27, 2017
mchenzy:

Sir I want to ask you for some advice, questions or maybe I should call it help. It's not regarding dropshipping anyways but about payment gateways. How do I get in touch with you sir? TIA

1 Like

Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by Silverb(f): 10:20pm On Jul 27, 2017
Please are u using a US shopify account or Nigeria?
easyresource:

Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by mchenzy: 11:22pm On Jul 27, 2017
emmyspark007:

Hello sir please can you tutor me on drop shipping through WhatsApp?

Whatsapp
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by mchenzy: 11:24pm On Jul 27, 2017
valjoy:

Sir I want to ask you for some advice, questions or maybe I should call it help. It's not regarding dropshipping anyways but about payment gateways. How do I get in touch with you sir? TIA

Whatsapp...
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by valjoy(f): 12:47pm On Jul 28, 2017
mchenzy:

Whatsapp...
Your whatsapp num sir? TIA
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by mchenzy: 2:15pm On Jul 28, 2017
valjoy:

Your whatsapp num sir? TIA
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by valjoy(f): 3:28pm On Jul 28, 2017
mchenzy:

Thank you Sir. Will message u. Really appreciate sir.
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by jimnozi: 4:20pm On Jul 28, 2017
DO YOU KNOW YOU MAKE EXTRA INCOME
Don't waist time again online busy doing nothing
Turn your Laptop/Phone to Money Making Machine
I mean Turning them to Your Office
BECOME A SUCCESSFUL FOREX TRADER
Its a REAL BUSHINESS THAT YOU CAN EVEN START WITH A LITTLE CAPITAL IF YOU ARE THE FEARFUL TYPE
People Say u will Loose
Yes its Through when you don't have Proper Training/Strategy
AM telling you, You can make a living from this every month
Training is free anywhere you are in the world
Give it A try and see
Trade every day and get Net Profit at the end of the month
Come Get reliable signal and strategy to SUCCESSFUL FOREX TRADING

why CAN'T YOU CONTACT ME NOW FOR MORE INFO
Contact Me 07061941772
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by mchenzy: 8:01pm On Jul 28, 2017
valjoy:
Thank you Sir. Will message u. Really appreciate sir.

You welcome. Please edit ur post and remove my nos. Thanks
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by valjoy(f): 9:54pm On Jul 28, 2017
mchenzy:

You welcome. Please edit ur post and remove my nos. Thanks
Done sir. Thank you so much.
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by magnusbane: 10:41am On Jul 31, 2017
mchenzy:

Basis:

1. Search out trends; trendy, viral or seasonal,
2. Look for them in aliexpress or alibaba or taboo or ebay or use teespring
3. Think about which payment gateway will be easy for you. Google up eCom Payment Gateways
4. Reg for shopify 60 days trial and have your $29 for basic plan after trial expires or buy wordpress hosting and use WoCommerce or Prestashop
5. Stock up and edit ur site
6. Advertise ur new business
7. Drink beer while you deal with costumer inventory...etc

Anymore, am up for hire...goodluck

You obviously know your onions on this,i've just been reading through your posts on this thread. I need your help and coaching I just registered on Shopify and need putting through on the best payment gateway and other stuff. Can I reach you on whatsapp? I don't mind paying when knowledge is involved

1 Like

Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by JMystique(m): 10:47am On Jul 31, 2017
wjxavier:
Okay guys, the last one hour has been fantastic on this thread.

I actually stumbled on it, like I was not searching. Just doing my thing.

Shoutout to McHenzy, CosmicJames and everyone keeping it real.

I've been in digital marketing for years, but as it was getting harder to get my wife a job after her baby, I decided to set her up on Shopify.

Using my knowledge of FB ads, and niche selection (the two biggest problems with Dropshipping), I have been able to successfully create my own problem. LOL

By the end of this year, I will be quitting my own business to work in her dropshipping company. Its been that successful in a matter of months.

It is perfect, low cost, and with a little common sense, you can shock your landlord or naysayers in a matter of months.

Kudos guys!

More later

Please can you throw more light on how you started, payment gateways, are you just dropshipping from Aliexpress to your shopify with oberlo etc, please help I'm a beginner
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by mchenzy: 7:08am On Aug 01, 2017
magnusbane:

You obviously know your onions on this,i've just been reading through your posts on this thread. I need your help and coaching I just registered on Shopify and need putting through on the best payment gateway and other stuff. Can I reach you on whatsapp? I don't mind paying when knowledge is involved

whatsapp:
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by iamdutch: 10:01am On Aug 01, 2017
Guys is there any alternative? Payoneer hasn't sent my card yet, its been 3 months and counting
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by magnusbane: 10:47am On Aug 01, 2017
mchenzy:

whatsapp:

Danke
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by mchenzy: 12:18pm On Aug 02, 2017
magnusbane:

Danke

Arr sire
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by Briz(m): 3:30pm On Aug 05, 2017
Please any whatsapp group for dropshipping? i need to get some clarifications on certain issues. we can rub minds you know.
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by mchenzy: 3:36pm On Aug 05, 2017
Briz:
Please any whatsapp group for dropshipping? i need to get some clarifications on certain issues. we can rub minds you know.

Got ur mail and I replied, was bounced back. Ur hotmail doesn't exist.
Re: Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To by Debankies: 8:52pm On Aug 05, 2017
Hi all. Please do anyone use paystack? Can it be used to recieve funds internationally? My store on shopify is limited to just Nigeriabecause of the payment gateway.

Any insight will be welcomed, Thanks in advance

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply)

100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? / The Value Of CFA To Naira As At Today / Today's Naira Exchange Rate Against The Dollar, Pounds And Euro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.