Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

Some Things You Should Know About Profiting From Drop-shipping Business!!! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Some Things You Should Know About Profiting From Drop-shipping Business!!! (18958 Views)

Start A Profiting Business Online [READ MORE] / Some Things You Should Know About Online Shopping / The CBN & NDIC: Stop Gtbank From Profiting From Its "System Anomaly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Things You Should Know About Profiting From Drop-shipping Business!!! by importexpert(m): 8:01am On May 19, 2016
During the past years, Drop-shipping has emerged as one of the most profitable businesses. It is defined as a technique in supply chain management in which the retailer or any other person, does not keep products and goods in his shop as the stock. Instead, the drop-shipper keeps sample products or list of catalogues of products in which he is dealing in.

When customer orders product from a drop-shipper, he transfers customer's order to wholesaler, distributor or manufacturer, who delivers the product to customer direct from their inventory. Some time earlier, Drop-shippers were mainly retailers but now-a-days many other people have also started Drop-shipping business.

It is very easy business as anyone can do it as long as he has good understanding of supply chain management and general know-how of market trends. Drop-shipping is a home based business and can be operated from any part of the world; the drop-shipper only needs a computer, internet and an operating website either personal or an eCommerce site to showcase his products. Drop-shipping is now considered one of the most profit generating home based businesses which can reap high profits easily without any investment.

Three kinds of Drop-shipping are widely known. Blind Shipping”, in which no return mailing address is sent to customer, so that customer cannot contact wholesaler. The second type is Private Label Shipping”, in which product is delivered through wholesaler but return address of drop-shipper is also sent. The last type is Customized Packing Slip” in which drop-shipper s name, company logo and contact information is sent as a return address.

This business has no start-up costs; means that the dropshipper has to pay nothing from his pocket. Loss prevention is another big benefit of this business as the risk of loss is negligible and there is no need to spend costs on preventing it. Chances of broken, damaged or loss inventory are totally zero because dropshipper has no inventory in hand.

There are also no chances of frauds or delayed payments as whenever the customer orders the product, first the money is transferred in to drop shipper s account then he forwards the order and money to his wholesale suppliers.

i have seen instances where drop-shippers makes not less than $80 for every transaction. i will give you a typical examples. the first time i came across a product called "stop snoring" is from a drop-shipper. the product is aimed at stopping people from snoring when they are asleep. the drop-shipper created a personal site, added some scientific illustrations of how the product functions and how the product can stop you from snoring, how your loved ones can be more pleased with you when both of you are asleep since you no longer disturb them with your frog-like snoring etc. he was selling the product for 99usd. after making a little research about how people in my area in abuja will love the product, the demand was much and i later found out that the cost of buying the product from manufacturers was only $0.50-$3. lol, you see with little packaging and advert the above example shows you how a drop-shipper was making not less than 80usd/transaction. their are hundreds of such related products that can make mega bucks.

The only thing to consider while doing Dropshipping business is to remain up to date with your wholesale supplier and his inventory.

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Some Things You Should Know About Profiting From Drop-shipping Business!!! by importexpert(m): 8:02am On May 19, 2016
if you like to learn A-z about mini importation from me, below is a must see https://www.nairaland.com/2963335/join-2016-mini-importation-millionaires
Re: Some Things You Should Know About Profiting From Drop-shipping Business!!! by importexpert(m): 8:07am On May 19, 2016
your drop-shipping related questions are highly welcome
Re: Some Things You Should Know About Profiting From Drop-shipping Business!!! by ubazman(m): 8:22am On May 19, 2016
My brother how can drop shipping work in furniture market. I'm planning on venturing into it.
Re: Some Things You Should Know About Profiting From Drop-shipping Business!!! by importexpert(m): 8:34am On May 19, 2016
ubazman:
My brother how can drop shipping work in furniture market. I'm planning on venturing into it.

drop-shipping can work in almost all markets including furniture. locate a manufacturer in china or so that accepts drop-shipping. agree on drop-shipping terms with him, get his list of inventory, showcase the products and market them. lastly await the cash and also do not forget to provide a very good customer support

1 Like

Re: Some Things You Should Know About Profiting From Drop-shipping Business!!! by ashatoda: 10:11am On May 19, 2016
thanks for the info passed across. I would like to know great sites which i can use for dropshipping biz? The processes involved? How to take advantage of this as a nigerian. Thanks
Re: Some Things You Should Know About Profiting From Drop-shipping Business!!! by Speakdatruth: 10:40am On May 19, 2016
I like d idea, dealdey get dem plenty, d 400 or 500N shippin fee goes to dem
Re: Some Things You Should Know About Profiting From Drop-shipping Business!!! by Pavore9: 10:41am On May 19, 2016
Informative.
Re: Some Things You Should Know About Profiting From Drop-shipping Business!!! by gungab(m): 10:42am On May 19, 2016
importexpert:

drop-shipping can work in almost all markets including furniture. locate a manufacturer in china or so that accepts drop-shipping. agree on drop-shipping terms with him, get his list of inventory, showcase the products and market them. lastly await the cash and also do not forget to provide a very good customer support
my own questions is how can I be an agent in such business am interested
Re: Some Things You Should Know About Profiting From Drop-shipping Business!!! by Mayor38(m): 10:44am On May 19, 2016
@op abeg subsidize this your post e too long like queue
Re: Some Things You Should Know About Profiting From Drop-shipping Business!!! by Speakdatruth: 10:46am On May 19, 2016
if na cossy or moyo lawal or other yeyebrity dis thread go don enter page 2, nigerians don't like information

2 Likes

Re: Some Things You Should Know About Profiting From Drop-shipping Business!!! by iniestar1(m): 10:47am On May 19, 2016
importexpert:
During the past years, Drop-shipping has emerged as one of the most profitable businesses. It is defined as a technique in supply chain management in which the retailer or any other person, does not keep products and goods in his shop as the stock. Instead, the drop-shipper keeps sample products or list of catalogues of products in which he is dealing in.

When customer orders product from a drop-shipper, he transfers customer's order to wholesaler, distributor or manufacturer, who delivers the product to customer direct from their inventory. Some time earlier, Drop-shippers were mainly retailers but now-a-days many other people have also started Drop-shipping business.

It is very easy business as anyone can do it as long as he has good understanding of supply chain management and general know-how of market trends. Drop-shipping is a home based business and can be operated from any part of the world; the drop-shipper only needs a computer, internet and an operating website either personal or an eCommerce site to showcase his products. Drop-shipping is now considered one of the most profit generating home based businesses which can reap high profits easily without any investment.

Three kinds of Drop-shipping are widely known. Blind Shipping”, in which no return mailing address is sent to customer, so that customer cannot contact wholesaler. The second type is Private Label Shipping”, in which product is delivered through wholesaler but return address of drop-shipper is also sent. The last type is Customized Packing Slip” in which drop-shipper s name, company logo and contact information is sent as a return address.

This business has no start-up costs; means that the dropshipper has to pay nothing from his pocket. Loss prevention is another big benefit of this business as the risk of loss is negligible and there is no need to spend costs on preventing it. Chances of broken, damaged or loss inventory are totally zero because dropshipper has no inventory in hand.

There are also no chances of frauds or delayed payments as whenever the customer orders the product, first the money is transferred in to drop shipper s account then he forwards the order and money to his wholesale suppliers.

i have seen instances where drop-shippers makes not less than $80 for every transaction. i will give you a typical examples. the first time i came across a product called "stop snoring" is from a drop-shipper. the product is aimed at stopping people from snoring when they are asleep. the drop-shipper created a personal site, added some scientific illustrations of how the product functions and how the product can stop you from snoring, how your loved ones can be more pleased with you when both of you are asleep since you no longer disturb them with your frog-like snoring etc. he was selling the product for 99usd. after making a little research about how people in my area in abuja will love the product, the demand was much and i later found out that the cost of buying the product from manufacturers was only $0.50-$3. lol, you see with little packaging and advert the above example shows you how a drop-shipper was making not less than 80usd/transaction. their are hundreds of such related products that can make mega bucks.

The only thing to consider while doing Dropshipping business is to remain up to date with your wholesale supplier and his inventory.

nice thread, really interested in it..... Can I av ur watsapp number so u can put me thru better
Re: Some Things You Should Know About Profiting From Drop-shipping Business!!! by lanxlot(m): 10:47am On May 19, 2016
My question... How can we drop Buhari from steering the ship of this country?

5 Likes

Re: Some Things You Should Know About Profiting From Drop-shipping Business!!! by DeRoyalFranco(m): 10:50am On May 19, 2016
K
Re: Some Things You Should Know About Profiting From Drop-shipping Business!!! by richling77(m): 11:00am On May 19, 2016
You nailed it. I mostly advice unemployed graduates to go into this but do you know many of them are even too lazy to do this. You don't necessarily have to get supplier from overseas to venture into this. Look around you, make sure you can see well.

This is the first time I'm able to post on a topic on first page on nairaland. Those that need this info are busy commenting on Tonto Dike's thread. They have read this and over looked it. You can see how dry this page is and that's an evidence of lack of wisdom in Nigeria. Or don't we have unemployed on nairaland anymore?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Things You Should Know About Profiting From Drop-shipping Business!!! by Nobody: 11:03am On May 19, 2016
Re: Some Things You Should Know About Profiting From Drop-shipping Business!!! by wink2015(m): 11:04am On May 19, 2016
Nice write up.
Re: Some Things You Should Know About Profiting From Drop-shipping Business!!! by vynzecent(m): 11:07am On May 19, 2016
importexpert:

I need more info on this business because ayam interested. how do i contact you?

1 Like

Re: Some Things You Should Know About Profiting From Drop-shipping Business!!! by Doitonce(m): 11:17am On May 19, 2016
how can i get a website in china that can accept drop shipping and what further information do you have on mini importation?
send me mail on togetherwecanmakewonders@gmail.com
Re: Some Things You Should Know About Profiting From Drop-shipping Business!!! by Eleniyan15: 11:20am On May 19, 2016
I still dont get
Re: Some Things You Should Know About Profiting From Drop-shipping Business!!! by timilehing(m): 11:20am On May 19, 2016
Nice business but not possible in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Some Things You Should Know About Profiting From Drop-shipping Business!!! by adudu208(m): 11:24am On May 19, 2016
A thorough knowledge of the product and company you wish to sell/promote is also encouraged.
Re: Some Things You Should Know About Profiting From Drop-shipping Business!!! by OLUJOSHINS(m): 11:29am On May 19, 2016
this stuff looks like easy money ooooo
Re: Some Things You Should Know About Profiting From Drop-shipping Business!!! by simba01(m): 11:32am On May 19, 2016
Lovely morning OP, my friend earlier asked which great websites can one do dropshipping with. Would really appreciate an answer to that. Thank you.
Re: Some Things You Should Know About Profiting From Drop-shipping Business!!! by Nobody: 11:33am On May 19, 2016
lanxlot:
My question... How can we drop Buhari from steering the ship of this country?

It's too early in the morning to be playing the silly game undecided
Re: Some Things You Should Know About Profiting From Drop-shipping Business!!! by DirtyGold: 11:37am On May 19, 2016
Nice idea. Worthy exposé

What's tha business?
Re: Some Things You Should Know About Profiting From Drop-shipping Business!!! by hahn(m): 11:49am On May 19, 2016
When you see a reasonable thread on nl, only few people can be responsible wink

1 Like

Re: Some Things You Should Know About Profiting From Drop-shipping Business!!! by OLAJADON: 11:50am On May 19, 2016
importexpert:
your drop-shipping related questions are highly welcome
pls how can i be an agent...can u link me with wholesale company.
Re: Some Things You Should Know About Profiting From Drop-shipping Business!!! by Jyde89: 11:53am On May 19, 2016
@op i currently use a nokia6220i can i use it to run dis kinda biz?
Re: Some Things You Should Know About Profiting From Drop-shipping Business!!! by ezehisaac(m): 11:55am On May 19, 2016
Drop-shipping is all over, have you asked yourself what the online marketplaces are doing, especially here in Nigeria? undecided

1 Like

Re: Some Things You Should Know About Profiting From Drop-shipping Business!!! by importexpert(m): 12:01pm On May 19, 2016
richling77:
You nailed it. I mostly advice unemployed graduates to go into this but do you know many of them are even too lazy to do this. You don't necessarily have to get supplier from overseas to venture into this. Look around you, make sure you can see well.

This is the first time I'm able to post on a topic on first page on nairaland. Those that need this info are busy commenting on Tonto Dike's thread. They have read this and over looked it. You can see how dry this page is and that's an evidence of lack of wisdom in Nigeria. Or don't we have unemployed on nairaland anymore?

them dey in plenty folds. they are not employed and never serious about employing themselves.
Re: Some Things You Should Know About Profiting From Drop-shipping Business!!! by importexpert(m): 12:02pm On May 19, 2016
wink2015:
Nice write up.

thanks bro

(1) (2) (Reply)

Naira Hits N860/$ Record Low On Black Market Ahead Of Central Bank Meeting / Mr Biggs Franchise / Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.