Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,107 members, 7,811,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:13 AM

Nigerian Jailed For 20 Years In Indonesia - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Jailed For 20 Years In Indonesia (27136 Views)

Nigerian Jailed For Raping Five Teenage Girls In The UK (Photo) / Nigerian Jailed For 18 Years For Drug Sales, Wins Appeal To Reduce It By 1 Year / Nigerian Jailed 20 Years, 10 Strokes Of Whipping For Possession Of Drugs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Jailed For 20 Years In Indonesia by ceo247frolic(m): 12:02pm On May 23, 2016
A Nigerian national identified as Arinze Eneh has been sentenced to 20 years in jail and fined Rp1.2 billion for facilitating narcotic drug distribution.

"Arinze was proven to have conspired to commit an evil act by becoming a facilitator in the distribution of Category I narcotic drug," chief judge of the West Jakarta district court, Bambang Mursito, said while reading out the verdict on Wednesday, May 18.

In view of that, the panel of judges that had considered all the facts disclosed during the sessions, sentenced the 38-year-old to 20 years in jail and imposed a fine of Rp1.2 billion. If he fails to pay the fine, he will have to serve six months more in jail.

Upon hearing the verdict, the state prosecutor, Nugraha, said he was yet to make up his mind whether to accept it or not. The prosecutor had asked for a death sentence.

Through his lawyer, Arinze Petrus Eneh said he was satisfied with the judges decision but said he, too, has to decide whether to appeal.

"In principle, we are satisfied with the verdict. However, we would think and consider about appealing it," the lawyer, Dolfie Rompas, said.

Arinze alias Zona, along with Tuti Sudartika alias Dede Rosa and Rojali Pajar Saputra (the two were tried under different dossiers), were involved in a case of illegal possession of 6.3 kilograms of methamphetamine.

Arinze, who is currently being held at Salemba Penitentiary in Central Jakarta in a narcotic case still under judicial process, was ordered by a man named John (still at large) to pick up narcotic drug from China and bring it to Indonesia.

He then asked Tuti and Rojali, (earlier informed by David, at large) to carry out the job. The drug, weighing 6.3 kilograms, was smuggled in a thermos flask through a Covenant Logistic expedition in Cengkareng, West Jakarta, and then kept in a kiosk in Cibinong, Bogor, West Java.

The state prosecutor has charged all the suspects with violation of Law Number 35 of 2009 on narcotics because they attempted to commit an evil act of smuggling a narcotic substance by becoming facilitators in the distribution of drugs and therefore deserved a death penalty.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/05/photos-nigerian-man-sentenced-to-20.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Jailed For 20 Years In Indonesia by ceo247frolic(m): 12:03pm On May 23, 2016

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Jailed For 20 Years In Indonesia by Nobody: 12:05pm On May 23, 2016
Too bad
Re: Nigerian Jailed For 20 Years In Indonesia by aminho(m): 12:14pm On May 23, 2016
Hard working jew

109 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nigerian Jailed For 20 Years In Indonesia by ambitiousLord(m): 12:15pm On May 23, 2016
Good for him

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Jailed For 20 Years In Indonesia by dridowu: 12:16pm On May 23, 2016
"In principle, we are satisfied with the verdict. However, we would think and consider about appealing it," the lawyer, Dolfie Rompas, said.....................why won't he be satisfied ? He escape capital punishment, good for him but he would have to spend 20years of his life behind the bar

25 Likes

Re: Nigerian Jailed For 20 Years In Indonesia by OgaJonah(m): 12:16pm On May 23, 2016
Name Checked, I see the flat heads

77 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigerian Jailed For 20 Years In Indonesia by overdrive(m): 12:18pm On May 23, 2016
osetigo for our brother .

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Jailed For 20 Years In Indonesia by calliope(f): 2:20pm On May 23, 2016
Name Checkers association hilltop Branch nsk reporting for duty grin
And ooh!! we were not disappointed!

115 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Nigerian Jailed For 20 Years In Indonesia by Integrityfarms(m): 2:20pm On May 23, 2016
His lucky that he wasn't executed or sentenced to death!

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Jailed For 20 Years In Indonesia by ionsman: 2:20pm On May 23, 2016
Arinze sneh.. ..

When i see news like this, i get surprised...

If it ain't THEM... grin

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Jailed For 20 Years In Indonesia by reverendfather: 2:20pm On May 23, 2016
name checkers over to you

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Jailed For 20 Years In Indonesia by bukynkwuenu: 2:20pm On May 23, 2016
grin name checkers association....aisha rice don done.....ngwanu...

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Jailed For 20 Years In Indonesia by Nobody: 2:20pm On May 23, 2016
sentenced the 38-year-old to 20 years in jail and imposed a fine of Rp1.2 billion. If he fails to pay the fine, he will have to serve six months more in jail.

They should just add the six months to his 20 years.There is no guarantee that he would even last 20 years in prison sef.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Jailed For 20 Years In Indonesia by RaeMystix: 2:21pm On May 23, 2016
If you do the crime; you'll surely do the time.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Jailed For 20 Years In Indonesia by FisifunKododada: 2:21pm On May 23, 2016
cool If you guessed the region before reading the story hit like - if you are surprised hit share. cool

So far 157 Nairalanders expect the culprit to be our 'brothers' from the South Yeast and ONLY 4 mugus are still surprised by this. grin

Its the Yeeboos again. Chai Chukwu Okike Alabama must hear this. shocked

Secretary General Name Checkers Association International Branch. grin

157 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Jailed For 20 Years In Indonesia by Frank3n2(m): 2:21pm On May 23, 2016
Good. Others take note and stop disgracing us!!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Jailed For 20 Years In Indonesia by Nobody: 2:22pm On May 23, 2016
I will make money this year,,,bros from Enugu u don see am

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Jailed For 20 Years In Indonesia by olapluto(m): 2:22pm On May 23, 2016
Mr. Arinze Ezeh, your mums prayers and God's mercy has landed on you. In 20 years, you will be out, much better than death by firing squad. If you still have some money, send to your mum and pray for her. Narrow escape.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Jailed For 20 Years In Indonesia by laurel03(m): 2:22pm On May 23, 2016
I can't bet it will my life dt the guy is Ibo made... #i will not check d name

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Jailed For 20 Years In Indonesia by Dollyak(f): 2:22pm On May 23, 2016
Great for him. Could have been worse.
Re: Nigerian Jailed For 20 Years In Indonesia by NwaNimo1(m): 2:23pm On May 23, 2016
The case get K Leg........

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Jailed For 20 Years In Indonesia by Kherry: 2:23pm On May 23, 2016
Ok..........
Re: Nigerian Jailed For 20 Years In Indonesia by gen2briz(m): 2:23pm On May 23, 2016
I wish him safe journey
Re: Nigerian Jailed For 20 Years In Indonesia by kossyablaze(m): 2:23pm On May 23, 2016
pharmaceutical companies run by igbos
Juhel
emzor
m&b
greenlife pharmaceuticals
neros pharmaceuticals.... My uncle... Known for Artesunat. In as mush as we do bad, we do good as well. Without us Nigerias population would be 20million.
Finally, I rather do drugs than kill a fellow human for money ritual which is well familiar with a particular tribe. Just making common sense.

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Jailed For 20 Years In Indonesia by Oshege(m): 2:24pm On May 23, 2016
See what buhari has caused
Re: Nigerian Jailed For 20 Years In Indonesia by Peacetemi: 2:24pm On May 23, 2016
Name checkers where art thou?? I'm just passing by. Just passing. No comment.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Jailed For 20 Years In Indonesia by Nobody: 2:25pm On May 23, 2016
psiphon - now in Anambra !!!
Re: Nigerian Jailed For 20 Years In Indonesia by WilliamsNedd: 2:25pm On May 23, 2016
Okay.
Re: Nigerian Jailed For 20 Years In Indonesia by Pavore9: 2:25pm On May 23, 2016
20 years? He is very very lucky!

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Suspected Cultists Invade Surulere, Vandalize Cars, Steal Valuables (Photos) / Elderly Man Steals Bra And Pants In Akure, Caught And Beaten (Photos) / Ogun To Prosecute Four Police Officers For Murder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.