Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,981 members, 7,810,728 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:59 PM

The New Whatsapp Gold: Reasons You Shouldn’t Upgrade So Soon - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The New Whatsapp Gold: Reasons You Shouldn’t Upgrade So Soon (2167 Views)

Absolutely Do Not Download Whatsapp Gold / Beware: Whatsapp Gold Edition Is Fake!!!!!!! / 6 Important Details You Shouldn’t Make Public On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The New Whatsapp Gold: Reasons You Shouldn’t Upgrade So Soon by eazydon(m): 7:33pm On May 23, 2016
If you see an exclusive invitation to WhatsApp Gold, don’t be too fast to hit on the download.

The upgrade, which is allegedly used by celebs, claims to offer new features such as the ability to have video chats, send 100 pictures at once and, tantalisingly, the ability to delete messages after you have sent them.

People have been sent a link offering to install a new version of the messaging app, but don’t be fooled.

The download actually leads to malware, which could infect your phone allowing hackers to spy on your details.

Users receive a message that says: ‘Hey Finally Secret Whatsapp golden version has been leaked, This version is used only by big celebrities. Now we can use it too’.

But the exclusive upgrade does not actually exist, and what you’ll actually be downloading is software which could open your phone up to hackers.

So far, it has mainly infected Android devices. Those who have downloaded it are advised to install antivirus software and only install apps via the Google Play Store in future.

If you see an ‘invite’, delete the message.

http://trend.com.ng/3200/the-new-whatsapp-gold-reasons-you-shouldnt-upgrade-so-soon/

1 Like

Re: The New Whatsapp Gold: Reasons You Shouldn’t Upgrade So Soon by lifezone247(m): 7:37pm On May 23, 2016
Ok
Re: The New Whatsapp Gold: Reasons You Shouldn’t Upgrade So Soon by Nobody: 7:46pm On May 23, 2016
Knew it was F.A.K.E angry
hackers are liable to die a very horrible death.
Re: The New Whatsapp Gold: Reasons You Shouldn’t Upgrade So Soon by RoyalBlak007: 7:55pm On May 23, 2016
upgrade

not
Re: The New Whatsapp Gold: Reasons You Shouldn’t Upgrade So Soon by industrious: 7:57pm On May 23, 2016
Huh shocked
Re: The New Whatsapp Gold: Reasons You Shouldn’t Upgrade So Soon by Abacharles(m): 8:11pm On May 23, 2016
owkay
Re: The New Whatsapp Gold: Reasons You Shouldn’t Upgrade So Soon by tempem: 9:43pm On May 23, 2016
Only those who do acknowledge the spam messages will fall for this... Google play Store hasn't failed me when it comes to notifying me that there is an update for some apps.... Play store is the only Legal notification... I'm quite sure that when the time comes.. Play store will surely do its job.

2 Likes

Re: The New Whatsapp Gold: Reasons You Shouldn’t Upgrade So Soon by wunmi2odun(m): 9:57pm On May 23, 2016
l
Re: The New Whatsapp Gold: Reasons You Shouldn’t Upgrade So Soon by Youngpo413: 10:16pm On May 23, 2016
Even a two months old baby should know this.
Re: The New Whatsapp Gold: Reasons You Shouldn’t Upgrade So Soon by sammyclassics(m): 10:59pm On May 23, 2016
only upgrade with play store to avoid hacking
Re: The New Whatsapp Gold: Reasons You Shouldn’t Upgrade So Soon by cr7lomo: 11:24pm On May 23, 2016
EroticAngelina:

I love the way u breed confidence
Re: The New Whatsapp Gold: Reasons You Shouldn’t Upgrade So Soon by saaedlee: 6:41am On May 24, 2016
EroticAngelina:

Lol please na, not all
Re: The New Whatsapp Gold: Reasons You Shouldn’t Upgrade So Soon by kolikay(m): 7:03am On May 24, 2016
Owk, NOTED
Re: The New Whatsapp Gold: Reasons You Shouldn’t Upgrade So Soon by Nbote(m): 7:37am On May 24, 2016
I don't get how ppl actually believed dat considering it wasn't from playstore or whatsapp Web
Re: The New Whatsapp Gold: Reasons You Shouldn’t Upgrade So Soon by chudyprince: 8:19am On May 24, 2016
Even the so-called whatsapp 4.0 is also FAKE!!!
Re: The New Whatsapp Gold: Reasons You Shouldn’t Upgrade So Soon by onoerime: 11:50am On May 24, 2016
i am a victim of this. My tecno h7 is now hacked and crashed by this nonsense upgrade. Still battling to fix it up.

(1) (Reply)

What Music App Is Best For Android For Music Lover / Looking For High End Bluetooth Speakers At The Best Prices? Check In / Strictly 4 Ucweb,firefox,opera Mini And Bolt Users Only!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.