Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,244 members, 7,836,161 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. (61150 Views)

₦467.4Billion, A City On The Ocean, World's Largest Cruise Ship(Photos) / Breathtaking Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun At Night / I Moved Around Lagos At Midnight And Took These Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. by barragan: 9:45pm On May 24, 2016
makizee:
I feel like GidiTraffic should get more Mainland Pictures though....tweet at him on twitter and cc @Makizee6

Giditraffic is actually a 'she'. Shocked, right? I was too when I learned that some time back.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. by YOUNGKAHUNA: 9:46pm On May 24, 2016
jordinsparkles:
Bros abeg.. From where u take snap all dis pics? Shey nah helicopter u stay snap am?
a drone camera was used to snap the pixs
Re: Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. by tansho(m): 9:47pm On May 24, 2016
Rizmo:
OP, is it the same Lagos I am staying in or the Lagos in New York?
Even a place like Oshodi looks dapper in your pictures.
Na dis kain hyper-deceiving camera dey make boys dodge some girls wey dem toast online.
My dear Non-Lagosians, do not be deceived by these "camera-make-believe" pictures ooooh.
Lagos no fine reach as this camera dey portray oo.

Some of the pictures are 3D images

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. by Nobody: 9:48pm On May 24, 2016
wink Am Proudly Lagosian light up Lagos......
Re: Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. by kessling: 9:51pm On May 24, 2016
Where is my Ketu?
Re: Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. by WIZGUY69(m): 9:51pm On May 24, 2016
DifferentBoy1:
Yoruba and hyping of Lagos.... how many times una go post this handy creation of Britain
come PH come see indigenous creations....

Which PH?
As in Paris

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. by owanedo: 9:54pm On May 24, 2016
Arsenate:
Pffffft
The Lagos hype again. Would have easily fallen for it if I didn't t live here. Lagos is wacked and I seriously can't wait to get the fuckkkkk outta here.
guy which state are you from? where do you live in Lagos? as far as Nigeria is concerned Lagos is still the most beautiful and developed place in Nigeria. I ve lived in abj, and I ve been to major cities in Nigeria, non like Lagos. only a cynic, bad belly would dispute this facts.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. by Nobody: 9:55pm On May 24, 2016
Rizmo:
Na dis kain hyper-deceiving camera dey make boys dodge some girls wey dem toast online.
My dear Non-Lagosians, do not be deceived by these "camera-make-believe" pictures ooooh.
d camera na exaggeration walai !
Re: Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. by alizma: 9:57pm On May 24, 2016
Rizmo:
but that first pix of an area before saka tinubu in VI no fine for pix, if you de that side for afternoon, you go think say you no de naija again o. I was there yesterday for an assignment. that area make brain.
as for Oshodi, guys don't be deceived by Tecno Camon C8 or Malata Max5 camera, oshodi no fine reach that level.

1 Like

Re: Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. by delpee(f): 10:00pm On May 24, 2016
DifferentBoy1:
Yoruba and hyping of Lagos.... how many times una go post this handy creation of Britain

I've been to PH and was really disappointed. That's not to say Lagos is perfect- far from it but improving day by day.

1 Like

Re: Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. by jordinsparkles(f): 10:02pm On May 24, 2016
YOUNGKAHUNA:
a drone camera was used to snap the pixs
wooooow.. But the drone camera has remote shey?
Re: Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. by YOUNGKAHUNA: 10:09pm On May 24, 2016
jordinsparkles:
wooooow.. But the drone camera has remote shey?
yea it has a control pad
Re: Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. by forkinsonlolo(m): 10:10pm On May 24, 2016
barragan:

Giditraffic is actually a 'she'. Shocked, right? I was too when I learned that some time back.

nope. gidi_traffic is a man, a he. i have watched his interview before where he backed the camera (TVC), also where his face was blurred. He's fair and had afro

3 Likes

Re: Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. by DifferentBoy1(m): 10:17pm On May 24, 2016
WIZGUY69:

Which PH?
As in Paris

Yorubaaaaaaaaa!!!!
so Paris don get "H" now
So for you wildest dream,You feel say any state for Nigeria (especially Yoruba axis)for near Rivers state if not the handy work of British by sitting Capitals there
Leme configure your brain.....why is it that on Lagos being the former fact is heard in terms of real urbanization in the whole of Yoruba
Don't drag with dragons!!!
Re: Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. by jaymichael(m): 10:18pm On May 24, 2016
DifferentBoy1:
And who told you PH was indigenous creation. Do know the origin of the name Port HARCOURT?
research and you will discover that PH was built from the scratch by the British.

1 Like

Re: Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. by DifferentBoy1(m): 10:20pm On May 24, 2016
delpee:

I've been to PH and was really disappointed. That's not to say Lagos is perfect- far from it but improving day by day.

Where in PH did you go to.....I guess Diobu or any other slum because you haven't toured my city.
Re: Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. by DedeNkem: 10:22pm On May 24, 2016
makizee:
Lagos is indeed a city-state on the rise, Lagos is looking beyond being a standard for Nigeria or even Africa but to become a truly world class city in every sense of that phrase, one thing that sets cities apart is what their night life is, Night Life looks better with public lights which is why world class cities glimmer even from Space, Light Lagos Project initiated by Former Governor Fashola and continued by The Ambode Administration is really putting Lagos in a positive light (Pun very much intended)

Here are some Lagos night pictures to enjoy.

Most of the lights you see came from privately owned noisy Generators! That's not development!
Lagos is NOT a world class city, it's far below standard!

1 Like

Re: Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. by Enesi47: 10:23pm On May 24, 2016
AkranJide88:
Where is the pic of Badagry, Ikorodu or are this places not part of lagos State?
those two place you mention is better than best city in south east
Re: Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. by DifferentBoy1(m): 10:23pm On May 24, 2016
jaymichael:
And who told you PH was indigenous creation. Do know the origin of the name Port HARCOURT?
research and you will discover that PH was built from the scratch by the British.

Shaaaa. ... That's just a port with a white man's name because they used that route....my city was not planned by whites.....just few buildings and the rest by blacks(we) but Lagos was solely built by Britons
Re: Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. by iamflonerd(m): 10:28pm On May 24, 2016
JideJamez:
Ekiti State at night pictures
LMAO!!!
Re: Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. by mickool(m): 10:35pm On May 24, 2016
Nice one there, OP.i love what am seeing. Lagos is beautiful.
Re: Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. by Emmanuelstm(m): 10:37pm On May 24, 2016
This country called Nigeria is full of hatred and tribalism imagine what the op posted and see the comments, The op posted the pics of Lagos and the comments turn to argument about someone built Lagos and not Yoruba who built america? Who built south Africa if the British built Lagos for Yoruba why didn't they built other places too why only Lagos? You are jealous of Lagos still this Lagos is filled with other tribes, only God will help the youths of this nation called Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. by jaymichael(m): 10:41pm On May 24, 2016
DifferentBoy1:

Shaaaa. ... That's just a port with a white man's name because they used that route....my city was not planned by whites.....just few buildings and the rest by blacks(we) but Lagos was solely built by Britons
Portharcourt was a farmland, aqcuired by the British who built a Port and a port town specifically for the export of coal from Enugu to Europe. Luggard named the town after Lewis Vernon Harcourt a British Liberal Party
politician who held the Cabinet post of Secretary of
State for the Colonies from 1910 to 1915.
Lagos was a thriving port town before the British came.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. by Princedapace(m): 10:42pm On May 24, 2016
DifferentBoy1:

Yorubaaaaaaaaa!!!!
so Paris don get "H" now
So for you wildest dream,You feel say any state for Nigeria (especially Yoruba axis)for near Rivers state if not the handy work of British by sitting Capitals there
Leme configure your brain.....why is it that on Lagos being the former fact is heard in terms of real urbanization in the whole of Yoruba
Don't drag with dragons!!!

I tire for their matter o..
I don't know why they are always hyping the state. A state that was developed by British govt and enjoys mono poly of business friendliness in Nigeria due to many rights accorded to it. Can these Yoruba people allow some body hear word?
The govt of the land should decongest Lagos sharp sharp abeg. Build sea ports and standard airports in other states...or regions and see them attract investments.. I'm tired of all these hyping...these things aren't done in other countries with sane humans....this is why this country is backward

1 Like

Re: Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. by mrbillz(m): 10:43pm On May 24, 2016
WIZGUY69:

Which PH?
As in Paris
Na Paris Hilton he wan talk. No mind them bad belle undecided
Re: Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. by WIZGUY69(m): 10:45pm On May 24, 2016
DifferentBoy1:

:[s]Yorubaaaaaaaaa!!!!
so Paris don get "H" now
Don't drag with dragons!![/s]!

Which Language is this
Re: Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. by banmee(m): 10:47pm On May 24, 2016
misterh:
Really beautiful.

Yes. Those photoshoped pictures are really beautiful but this is the reality:

4 Likes

Re: Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. by dandollaz: 10:49pm On May 24, 2016
DifferentBoy1:
my bro im in lagos now for a program dont mind op lagos is dark as hell.no light anywhere.i stay in agip ph,light n life in ph is far more better than lagos.last week was going late n arrive at oshodi by 11pm god that place is busy as if na morning.the life people live in lagos is not worth it atall.alot of people live in slums and na there mouth wide pass for NL. The light op is showing na GEJ admin not now.light no dey anywhwere foe lagos atall.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. by perfectgabby: 10:49pm On May 24, 2016
charix:
Lagos is the biggest slum in west Africa and is a byword for garbage-infested gutters. People describe offending odours anywhere in the country as 'smelling like Lagos'.
Where is your own village.abegii
Re: Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. by Kingpinukecy(m): 10:50pm On May 24, 2016
mehnnnnn.....Lagos state tight dieeeeeee....no state like Lagos. dos pix r really making brain sir

1 Like

Re: Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. by purpleblood: 10:50pm On May 24, 2016
EverestdeBliu:
Honestly,these pics are fascinating.........but is Lagos this beautiful?

No. They used Photoshop to add effects
Re: Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. by mrbillz(m): 10:51pm On May 24, 2016
Princedapace:

I tire for their matter o..
I don't know why they are always hyping the state. A state that was developed by British govt and enjoys mono poly of business friendliness in Nigeria due to many rights accorded to it. Can these Yoruba people allow some body hear word?
The govt of the land should decongest Lagos sharp sharp abeg. Build sea ports and standard airports in other states...or regions and see them attract investments.. I'm tired of all these hyping...these things aren't done in other countries with sane humans....this is why this country is backward
Keep hating at your own peril. Are you telling me the colonial masters are still in charge? You could see mind blowing development and you shying off from the truth. Since when has the nation capital moved to Abuja. Has Lagos not grown in leaps and bounds. Keep shouting PH while Lagos keeps getting things right. I guess you haven't been to Lagos recently to know we are not kidding here when it comes to infrastructural and human development. How is your PH a match to Lag? Kindly educate me more abeg cool undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Home Child Care Provider Pilot Canada Program For Nigerians / Fulani Herdsmen Kidnap Bus Passengers Along Benin-Ore Road / How Were They Able To Construct The Great Pyramid Without Modern Machineries?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.