Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,117 members, 7,811,137 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:21 AM

Wike Receives Top Military Chiefs In Port-Harcourt. See Photos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Receives Top Military Chiefs In Port-Harcourt. See Photos (18956 Views)

Saraki Gives 4 SUVs To 4 High Chiefs In Ilorin (Photos) / Governor Wike Receives Ooni And Sultan, Hails Nigerian Traditional Rulers (Photo / Governor Wike Receives Gifts From 54 African Beauty Queens (pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike Receives Top Military Chiefs In Port-Harcourt. See Photos by ChangeIsCostant: 5:19am On May 24, 2016
Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has declared that nobody will be shielded from the military operations against militants sabotaging the nation’s economy.

He stated that all Niger Delta governors oppose the use of violence to settle grievances, pointing out that the governors are billed to meet with the Vice President on 7th of June, 2016 to discuss and proffer solutions to the security situation in the region.

Speaking on Monday at the Government House, Port Harcourt when he granted audience to the Country’s Military High Command led by the Chief of Defence Staff, General Abayomi Gabriel Olonisakin, Governor Wike said : "What's happening affects our state revenue. We shall help the military to fish out militants blowing up oil pipelines in the region "

The Chief of Defence Staff was accompanied by the Chief of Army Staff, Lt General Tukur Buratai, Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Ibok Ibas and the Chief of Air Staff , Air Marshal Sadiq Abubakar.

The governor said that the State Government is worried about the resurgence of militancy in the Niger-Delta as it negatively affects development in the area. He assured the Military High Command that the Government and people of Rivers State will support efforts to secure the area.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2016/05/we-will-not-shield-any-militant-gov.html

1 Like

Re: Wike Receives Top Military Chiefs In Port-Harcourt. See Photos by ChangeIsCostant: 5:20am On May 24, 2016
more

3 Likes

Re: Wike Receives Top Military Chiefs In Port-Harcourt. See Photos by Nobody: 5:27am On May 24, 2016
The same military that did all they could to block his victorious march to victory at the polls ba? Now they are coming cap in hands to humbly seek his assistance. Bunch of clowns, God pass them.

35 Likes

Re: Wike Receives Top Military Chiefs In Port-Harcourt. See Photos by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:31am On May 24, 2016
The Man That Amechi Saw & Ran Into His Wife's Pant. Ride on people's governor, keep giving the Riverians the dividends of democracy; we are solidly behind u..

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Receives Top Military Chiefs In Port-Harcourt. See Photos by pinkyliceous(f): 5:32am On May 24, 2016
Buhari is humbled!

Thought he was trying to act tough?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Receives Top Military Chiefs In Port-Harcourt. See Photos by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:33am On May 24, 2016
sapiosexual1:
The same military that did all they could to block his victorious march to victory at the polls ba? Now they are coming cap in hands to humbly seek his assisted. Bunch of clowns, God pass them.
The is a case of “Who God Don Bless No Man Can Curse”

Ride on people's governor

22 Likes

Re: Wike Receives Top Military Chiefs In Port-Harcourt. See Photos by dainformant(m): 5:34am On May 24, 2016
good to see
Re: Wike Receives Top Military Chiefs In Port-Harcourt. See Photos by Nobody: 5:37am On May 24, 2016
pinkyliceous:
Buhari is humbled!

Thought he was trying to act tough?
Buharismith--

1 Like

Re: Wike Receives Top Military Chiefs In Port-Harcourt. See Photos by PrettyCrystal: 5:38am On May 24, 2016
Wike the great pretender

2 Likes

Re: Wike Receives Top Military Chiefs In Port-Harcourt. See Photos by chriskosherbal(m): 5:39am On May 24, 2016
Very colourful event.
Re: Wike Receives Top Military Chiefs In Port-Harcourt. See Photos by kossyablaze(m): 5:53am On May 24, 2016
Nice nice
Re: Wike Receives Top Military Chiefs In Port-Harcourt. See Photos by Nobody: 6:04am On May 24, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:

Exactly. Ur on point

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike Receives Top Military Chiefs In Port-Harcourt. See Photos by Firefire(m): 6:05am On May 24, 2016
I thought by now Buhary would have deployed his full military might to crunch or take out Niger Delta from the map of Nigeria?

Good reasoning by the FG, dialogue and continuous dialogue, until that fails before you make any military move.

Hence, Buhary should take learnings out of this, do not make "careless" statement that could further polarize the already fragile union called Nigeria. => 5% angry

Btw: I am not from ND nor SE but I hate injustice.

God bless Nigeria.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Receives Top Military Chiefs In Port-Harcourt. See Photos by Luckylife(m): 6:17am On May 24, 2016
Ok
Re: Wike Receives Top Military Chiefs In Port-Harcourt. See Photos by adenine02: 6:26am On May 24, 2016
#GodblessNigeria
Re: Wike Receives Top Military Chiefs In Port-Harcourt. See Photos by gozmok1(m): 6:38am On May 24, 2016
SHERIFFAT AND SNAKE CHARMER DOM BOW

PROUDLY 5%

7 Likes

Re: Wike Receives Top Military Chiefs In Port-Harcourt. See Photos by fiizznation: 6:48am On May 24, 2016
Firefire:
I thought by now Buhary would have deployed his full military might to crunch or take out Niger Delta from the map of Nigeria?

Good reasoning by the FG, dialogue and continuous dialogue, until that fails before you make any military move.

Hence, Buhary should take learnings out of this, do not make "careless" statement that could further polarize the already fragile union called Nigeria. => 5% angry

God bless Nigeria.
Can you define injustice? Where is the injustice? Was buhari the one that squandered their monthly allocation or was buhari the person that tied the hands of Niger/delta governors so that they can't work for their people? Look at a state like bayelsa for instance. A very tiny state with little population, bayelsa state is one of the states in Nigeria receiving the highest statuary allocation but yet the state hasn't paid it workers salaries for months now. Oh yeah, blame buhari as usual for this. Look at the NDDC that was purposely created for the Niger/delta, what are they doing over there? Can't the Niger/deltans ask their leaders questions? Can't they hold their leaders responsible? Can't they task their leaders to do more for them?

Let's even use Jonathan as a case study. This was a man that was VP and later became president. What has he done for even his community? The last time I checked, his brothers were complaining bitterly about inadequate clean water to use for their domestic needs. Why don't you go ahead and blame buhari for all the woes of Niger/deltans. Funny enough, Gusau{capital of zafara} has a better road network than even yenegoa.

Funny people

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Wike Receives Top Military Chiefs In Port-Harcourt. See Photos by dunkem21(m): 6:54am On May 24, 2016
Firefire:

God bless Nigeria.

I give it to you .. You're one detribalized Nigerian that speaks the truth not minding whose Ox is gored wink

6 Likes

Re: Wike Receives Top Military Chiefs In Port-Harcourt. See Photos by Firefire(m): 7:07am On May 24, 2016
fiizznation:
Can you define injustice? Where is the injustice? Was buhari the one that squandered their monthly allocation or was buhari the person that tied the hands of Niger/delta governors so that they can't work for their people? Look at a state like bayelsa for instance. A very tiny state with little population, bayelsa state is one of the states in Nigeria receiving the highest statuary allocation but yet the state hasn't paid it workers salaries for months now. Oh yeah, blame buhari as usual for this. Look at the NDDC that was purposely created for the Niger/delta, what are they doing over there? Can't the Niger/deltans ask their leaders questions? Can't they hold their leaders responsible? Can't they task their leaders to do more for them?

Let's even use Jonathan as a case study. This was a man that was VP and later became president. What has he done for even his community? The last time I checked, his brothers were complaining bitterly about inadequate clean water to use for their domestic needs. Why don't you go ahead and blame buhari for all the woes of Niger/deltans. Funny enough, Gusau{capital of zafara} has a better road network than even yenegoa.

Funny people

Bros, your well-known sentiment and one sided opinion will not make me engage you objectively as you are biased.

Btw: what happens to your brandished "Strategy to take out NDA" you forwarded to the Military High Command cheesy
fiizznation:
I believe these guys don't know what they are doing. They are just destroying their lands{courtesy of gas flaring and oil spillage}. Well in the coming days to come, Nigerians will see who will shout blue murder between the federal government and the militants. Hope they know the FG will never negotiate with them?{ the first negotiations and amnesty program given to the militants was the worst mistake that was ever made, you DONT give amnesty to people like that, rather you use your entire military force on them until they bend}. Your governors are collecting 13% allocation funds yet you blame the federal government for your woes. What do you want the FG to do for you? Okay I get it, you want the FG to spoon feed you just because the black oil is in your lands.God bless Alaska.

Well as a good citizen of my country, I have forwarded the best ways the militants can be tackled and be dealt with to the appropriate body and I believe they will look into my work

I expect by now Nigerian Military Fighter Jets would have swung into action bombing the bomb able in ND. grin

FYI: I do not support the Economic Terrorists but had feelings for some of their requests, check my past posts on that. Hayyak Allah.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Receives Top Military Chiefs In Port-Harcourt. See Photos by PaulkillermanAg(m): 7:23am On May 24, 2016
Firefire:

Bros, your well-known sentiment and one sided opinion will not make me engage you objectively as you are biased.

Btw: what happens to your brandished "Strategy to take out NDA" you forwarded to the Military High Command cheesy

I expect by now Nigerian Military Fighter Jets would have swung into action bombing the bomb able in ND. grin

FYI: I do not support the Economic Terrorists but had feelings for some of their requests, check my past posts on that.
truthfully bro, u not sensible

7 Likes

Re: Wike Receives Top Military Chiefs In Port-Harcourt. See Photos by Firefire(m): 7:24am On May 24, 2016
PaulkillermanAg:
truthfully bro, u not sensible

Thanks, Ologbon Aiye.
Re: Wike Receives Top Military Chiefs In Port-Harcourt. See Photos by fiizznation: 7:40am On May 24, 2016
Firefire:

And you are the holy saint send from heaven that is not sentimental right? Oh I get it. Your definition of sentimental is when one doesn't agree with your opinions. You and your likes have been seeing everybody as a problem{or some sort of neocolonialist} while ignoring your own leaders who are suppose to deliver the real dividends of democracy to you guys. I have never seen where you blame Jonathan or any of your leaders for one thing or another on this forum, but the only person you love to blame is buhari. You go like this; buhari this buhari that. Now is this even normal?

Keep blaming the wrong people for all your woes while exonerating your leaders from the problems bedeviling their followers. Your cup of tea

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Receives Top Military Chiefs In Port-Harcourt. See Photos by Firefire(m): 7:43am On May 24, 2016
fiizznation:
And you are the holy saint send from heaven that is not sentimental right? Oh I get it. Your definition of sentimental is when one doesn't agree with your opinions. You and your likes have been seeing everybody as a problem{or some sort of neocolonialist} while ignoring your own leaders who are suppose to deliver the real dividends of democracy to you guys. I have never seen where you blame Jonathan or any of your leaders for one thing or another on this forum, but the only person you love to blame is buhari. You go like this; buhari this buhari that. Now is this even normal?

Keep blaming the wrong people for all your woes while exonerating your leaders from the problems bedeviling their followers. Your cup of tea

I wouldn't have blame Buhary if he had not promised to turn Nigeria to Mecca within 1 year. embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Wike Receives Top Military Chiefs In Port-Harcourt. See Photos by fiizznation: 8:04am On May 24, 2016
Firefire:

I wouldn't have blame Buhary if he had not promised to turn Nigeria to Mecca within 1 year. embarassed

Well that's politicians for you. They all make promises. There was even one in my local government that promised to sponsor the hajj fairs of everybody in the locality. He also promised them a 24/7 power supply. And this was somebody that ran for the seat of Councillor.

What am I even saying; the last administration also made their own promises which they failed to fulfill at the end of the day. And the last time I checked, this administration still have three more years to go. So I think we should exercise some Patience

7 Likes

Re: Wike Receives Top Military Chiefs In Port-Harcourt. See Photos by Firefire(m): 8:12am On May 24, 2016
fiizznation:
Well that's politicians for you. They all make promises. There was even one in my local government that promised to sponsor the hajj fairs of everybody in the locality. He also promised them a 24/7 power supply. And this was somebody that ran for the seat of Councillor.

What am I even saying; the last administration also made their own promises which they failed to fulfill at the end of the day. And the last time I checked, this administration still have three more years to go. So I think we should exercise some Patience

Agreed! But in other for this administration too not to fail, don't you feel we should keep the tempo of constructive criticism high for them not to derail and forget completely the promised change ?
Re: Wike Receives Top Military Chiefs In Port-Harcourt. See Photos by fiizznation: 8:26am On May 24, 2016
Firefire:

Agreed! But in other for this administration too not to fail, don't you feel we should keep the tempo of constructive criticism high for them not to derail and forget completely the promised change ?
Funny. You call insults and wishing the President all negative things constructive criticism? Hmm maybe I need to check my dictionary again to see the clear meaning of constructive criticism.

3 Likes

Re: Wike Receives Top Military Chiefs In Port-Harcourt. See Photos by Firefire(m): 8:33am On May 24, 2016
fiizznation:
Funny. You call insults and wishing the President all negative things constructive criticism? Hmm maybe I need to check my dictionary again to see the clear meaning of constructive criticism.

Maybe you are mistaken the 'New Version' of Goverment criticism introduced by APC in the last administration as negative ?

7 Likes

Re: Wike Receives Top Military Chiefs In Port-Harcourt. See Photos by DONSMITH123(m): 8:55am On May 24, 2016
When Niger Delta Avenger hear of Buratai in town...na to run and hide under creek. grin grin

Re: Wike Receives Top Military Chiefs In Port-Harcourt. See Photos by babestella: 8:57am On May 24, 2016
sapiosexual1:
The same military that did all they could to block his victorious march to victory at the polls ba? Now they are coming cap in hands to humbly seek his assisted. Bunch of clowns, God pass them.

Apt.

A case of " when God is on your side, HE will make even your enemies to be at peace with you".

I remembered the effort these military men made to subvert the democratic wish of the people of River State all because of politics.

1 Like

Re: Wike Receives Top Military Chiefs In Port-Harcourt. See Photos by kingarizona1(m): 8:58am On May 24, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:

Wike is blessed___ Even the Zombies can't curse
Re: Wike Receives Top Military Chiefs In Port-Harcourt. See Photos by Agriman(m): 8:58am On May 24, 2016
Clean those militant

(1) (2) (Reply)

Inside Pdp’s 10-aspirant Dilemma / Arrest Interim Government Plotters, APC, PDP Tell DSS / Johnson Bamidele-Olawumi Hands-Over To Suleman Kazaure (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.