Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,571 members, 7,812,843 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:29 PM

Steps To Add A Widget Below First Post In Blogger - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Steps To Add A Widget Below First Post In Blogger (3657 Views)

How To Hide Blog Archive Widget From Showing On Blogger Website / Blogging Tips: How To Make A Widget Visible In Mobile View / How To Auto Generate Short Urls Of Your Posts In Blogger With (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Steps To Add A Widget Below First Post In Blogger by haconjy(m): 7:41am On May 24, 2016
How to Add a Widget Below First Post in Blogger
This tutorial will show you how to make a gadget/widget to appear just below the first Blogger post.
First, you must understand that the usual gadgets provided by Blogger can be added only where the design section allows this. Yet, we can show any element, for example, an AdSense ad, an image, a flash file or a video etc...

So, what we will do in this tutorial is to display an element under the first post, this means that it will not be visible below the other posts. This is great when you use any automatic summary , although it is not a requirement.

This is easy to do and we will use the isFirstPost conditional tag for that element to show it under the first post published on our blog.

Adding A Gadget or Widget Below First Post in Blogger

Step 1. From your Blogger dashboard, go to
Template and click on the Edit HTML button:

Step 2. Click anywhere inside the code area and press the CTRL + F keys to open the Blogger search box

Step 3 . Type or paste this line below inside the search box and hit Enter to find it:
Selectable text below

<b:include data='post' name='post'/>
End of code
Step 4. Just below it add this code:
Selectable text below
<b:if cond='data:post.isFirstPost'>
<div align="center" style=" margin:10px auto; ">
Here goes the code of the element you want to show
</div>
</b:if>

End of code

Note:
- The bolded text indicates to where you should paste the code of the element (eg. AdSense ad, a widget).

- In red are the top margins (margin-top) and the bottom margins (margin-bottom), this is in case you want the element to move towards or away from the entries, also you can add any style like a background color, border etc...

Step 5. Preview to make sure everything is ok, then Save your Template by clicking on the Save template button. That's it!

3 Likes

Re: Steps To Add A Widget Below First Post In Blogger by phreshh: 7:42am On May 24, 2016
Interesting
Re: Steps To Add A Widget Below First Post In Blogger by Dreal11247: 8:24am On May 24, 2016
Please, how can I post my screenshot on the social network? I saw series of screenshot posts from different phones on Nalraland yesterday but couldn't post from my phone. I use Infinity Note 2
Re: Steps To Add A Widget Below First Post In Blogger by Emasky4real(m): 6:03pm On May 24, 2016
Dreal11247:
Please, how can I post my screenshot on the social network? I saw series of screenshot posts from different phones on Nalraland yesterday but couldn't post from my phone. I use Infinity Note 2

First do you know how to take a screenshot from your phone? That is the first step. If you can't I will teach you
Re: Steps To Add A Widget Below First Post In Blogger by Dreal11247: 6:20pm On May 24, 2016
Emasky4real:

First do you know how to take a screenshot from your phone? That is the first step. If you can't I will teach you
yes I know
Re: Steps To Add A Widget Below First Post In Blogger by haconjy(m): 7:27pm On May 24, 2016
OK...that is good emsky... follow whatever he ask you to do...
Re: Steps To Add A Widget Below First Post In Blogger by Emasky4real(m): 8:36pm On May 24, 2016
Dreal11247:

yes I know
OK dats gud. Your screenshot is an image. All you have to do is to upload and publish it. See example below.

Re: Steps To Add A Widget Below First Post In Blogger by freemanjay: 6:23am On May 25, 2016
Re: Steps To Add A Widget Below First Post In Blogger by geniusgenes: 6:26am On May 25, 2016
Nice. I really needed this.
Re: Steps To Add A Widget Below First Post In Blogger by 3RNEST(m): 6:30am On May 25, 2016
noted..but if u need a CHEAP website/ blog...click my signature below to inbox me...thanks
Re: Steps To Add A Widget Below First Post In Blogger by Edigrows: 6:49am On May 25, 2016
nothing so special about this tut at this moment, it's all over the web for long na
also read how to Add Share and Like Buttons to get Social Media traffic on your Blog => http://www.editweaks.com/2012/04/how-to-insert-addthis-share-buttons.html

1 Like

Re: Steps To Add A Widget Below First Post In Blogger by Nobody: 6:57am On May 25, 2016
That's something a blogger should know. Please i need you guys to visit www.neededgist..com to check out my template if its cool.
Re: Steps To Add A Widget Below First Post In Blogger by Nobody: 7:18am On May 25, 2016
NeededGist:
Please i need you guys to visit www.neededgist..com to check out my template if its cool.
Cool!

Check mine out too: www.jidex.pro
Re: Steps To Add A Widget Below First Post In Blogger by Nobody: 7:23am On May 25, 2016
TOmmyJidex:
Cool!

Check mine out too: www.jidex.pro
Not bad but its still kind of scanty. But its cool smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Steps To Add A Widget Below First Post In Blogger by SlimHan(f): 7:30am On May 25, 2016
Nice tips
Re: Steps To Add A Widget Below First Post In Blogger by Blessingnice(m): 7:47am On May 25, 2016
haconjy:
This tutorial will show you how to make a gadget/widget to appear just below the first Blogger post.
First, you must understand that the usual gadgets provided by Blogger can be added only where the design section allows this. Yet, we can show any element, for example, an AdSense ad, an image, a flash file or a video etc...

So, what we will do in this tutorial is to display an element under the first post, this means that it will not be visible below the other posts. This is great when you use any automatic summary , although it is not a requirement.

This is easy to do and we will use the isFirstPost conditional tag for that element to show it under the first post published on our blog.

Step 2. Click anywhere inside the code area and press the CTRL + F keys to open the Blogger search box

Step 3 . Type or paste this line below inside the search box and hit Enter to find it:
Selectable text below

End of code
Selectable text below
</div>

End of code

Note:
- The bolded text indicates to where you should paste the code of the element (eg. AdSense ad, a widget).

- In red are the top margins (margin-top) and the bottom margins (margin-bottom), this is in case you want the element to move towards or away from the entries, also you can add any style like a background color, border etc...

Step 5. Preview to make sure everything is ok, then Save your Template by clicking on the Save template button. That's it!
Isichelivibes.com
Re: Steps To Add A Widget Below First Post In Blogger by TJES(m): 7:56am On May 25, 2016
Nice one
Re: Steps To Add A Widget Below First Post In Blogger by samintegrity(m): 9:12am On May 25, 2016
Nice one
Re: Steps To Add A Widget Below First Post In Blogger by sadediji2(m): 10:32am On May 25, 2016
haconjy:

Selectable text below

End of code
Selectable text below
</div>

End of code

Note:

Re: Steps To Add A Widget Below First Post In Blogger by Generalmac(m): 12:32pm On May 25, 2016
Port to WordPress joor..
Re: Steps To Add A Widget Below First Post In Blogger by DEGREE2466(m): 7:09pm On May 25, 2016
this is good

I am going to try it

meanwhile checkout this if you want free and fair sex

http://uzochukwuedu..com.ng/2016/05/sex-without-condom-and-you-still-not.html?m=1
Re: Steps To Add A Widget Below First Post In Blogger by DEGREE2466(m): 7:13pm On May 25, 2016
haconjy:

Selectable text below

End of code
Selectable text below
</div>

End of code

Note:

check out this
http://uzochukwuedu..com.ng/2016/05/sex-without-condom-and-you-still-not.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

What's Your Thoughts On Multi-niche Blogs? / I Want To Build My Website! Help! / Does Niche Blogging Has Anything To Do With Seo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.