Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,546 members, 7,812,718 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:58 PM

Could This Be A Scam? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Could This Be A Scam? (1140 Views)

Is This A Scam ?? / Pls Is This A Scam Interview Or Real / Is Coronation Merchant Bank Recruitment A Scam Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could This Be A Scam? by sinorte: 8:50am On May 24, 2016
Hello guys,

I got the mail below from a guy in Australia in the wee hours of today. I just want to be sure it's not a scam before i forward my details. Thanks.

''Atten Warehouse Manager,

I am Mr. XYZ the chief contractor working with Chevron under the new contract award for Pipeline Rehabilitation And Construction At Ashburton North, 12 km west of Onslow, on the Pilbara coast of mainland Western Australia, Please be notified that after our review period, we found your resume matching with our requirements for urgent recruitment. Your cv have been shortlisted to our recruitment file with naukri.com as a qualified candidate to work for us here in Australia as an Warehouse manager for five years with Chevron. If interested to take up job position kindly reply us with the following requirements.

All correspondence g the following requirements. Full Name, Passport Copy, Current CV, Permanent Mailing address, Current Mailing Address, Tel / Mobile Number (s) and Immediate Email Contact.

All correspondence goes to the Chief Contractor Mr XYZ on (XYZ@gmail.com) Salary pecks and benefits will be notified to you later.''
Re: Could This Be A Scam? by cjie: 1:24pm On May 24, 2016
I Received same message about 4 days. But my is HSE position. I have been calling the number, No one is picking.
Re: Could This Be A Scam? by babs01(m): 3:09pm On May 24, 2016
Na scam
Re: Could This Be A Scam? by sinorte: 8:16pm On May 24, 2016
cjie:
I Received same message about 4 days. But my is HSE position. I have been calling the number, No one is picking.

I called the number too, and it was a man that picked up. After identifying myself he requested if I had sent the required information. Anyway, i sent out the requested information but left out my passport.
Re: Could This Be A Scam? by johnmobilezima: 7:46am On May 25, 2016
Can't you see scam is written all over the email?
Re: Could This Be A Scam? by obongitiad(m): 11:30pm On May 28, 2016
sinorte:

I called the number too, and it was a man that picked up. After identifying myself he requested if I had sent the required information. Anyway, i sent out the requested information but left out my passport.

Bros, if dat stuff was real, they would have used a company email address and not a gmail account.
Re: Could This Be A Scam? by sarmie206(m): 12:10am On May 29, 2016
A lot of gbagaun sef. This has to be SCAM
Re: Could This Be A Scam? by cjie: 11:03am On May 30, 2016
Let watch and see what comes out of it.No harm in trying.

(1) (Reply)

Fortis Microfinance Bank...anyone Else Got This? / Teachers Are Needed / Perchstone &graeys Customer Service Position

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.