Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,791 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen (40839 Views)

Fayose Has Become A Legend In Nigerian Politics – Shekarau / Fayose Has N300m In His Zenith Bank Account - Lere Olayinka / Ekiti Debt: Fayose Has Money To Pay 3 Months Salaries – Ex- Finance Commissioner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by miniziter(m): 7:04pm On May 24, 2016
Waiting for cows to be killed as bush meat in Ekiti.

2 Likes

Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by logica(m): 7:07pm On May 24, 2016
Observant:

He is not mad, he is stating the obvious backed by the constitution of the Federal republic of Nigeria.

Really? The constitution allows you to roam with cattle? Who is the custodian of state land by the way?

logica:
Aha, how about the herders go test this in court? I already see the operative phrase that guarantees a win for Ekiti State though: "movable goods". If your goods are not in a truck and have to walk on roads constituting a nuisance to motorists and even causing accidents then we have a case of public disturbance. This means the herders are roaming with "goods" that may cause harm to the public similar to those m0r0ns who roam with hyenas and baboons. This is the same law that allows Lagos (and any state) to arrest and "deport" those deemed to constitute a nuisance to the state.
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by Countryman1(m): 7:10pm On May 24, 2016
fuckDmod:
sorry for insulting u,but sincerely tell me the economic effect cows av on nigeria economy,the herdsmen don't even pay tax,yet the dumb goverment is proposing grazing bill for them,in kano nd some nothern state,they ban alchol,still dy collect moni from the tax payed by this alchol company.herdsmen attitude of feeding on crops is what av bad effect on nigeria economy.we are talking about going into farming nd diversing the economy,still this. Herdsmen destroy farm product,do u think farmers in agatu would wanna go to form when they know their farm product would end up being destroyed by cows.if I was fayose nd southern state goverment,I would provide moni for my people nd encourage them to go into commercial cattle rearing,I thought u were defending them,sorry for the insult
Insult ke. Me I was having fun. Now to the issue. You said one of it yourself, they don't pay tax. Why can't such b collected 4 grazing in ekiti to promote IGR. before grazing, they can b made to register with the state govt and everyone given a area to graze. Any damage allotted to grazing with a certain radius eg 5km to 10km, will b borne by those grazing there.
That way they will even b the one reporting on each other cos no one wan loose money or have their cattle confisticated.
Like it or not, this is an opportunity, outright ban is really not feasible cos u can't ban them from travelling or moving.
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by stagger: 7:11pm On May 24, 2016
Oh oh oh oh oh...so these herdsmen even know that there are courts to address any issues abi?

They ain't seen nothing yet. By the time any herdsman and his cattle carelessly find themselves in crosshairs and are gunned down, they will know that there is a difference between a business man and a man who means business.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:12pm On May 24, 2016
skywalker240:

Hahahahhaaha but bros,....de guy don die since before dem born fayose grandpapa na
YES! But, tonda still need to fayaram inside grave
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by Nobody: 7:22pm On May 24, 2016
Countryman1:

Insult ke. Me I was having fun. Now to the issue. You said one of it yourself, they don't pay tax. Why can't such b collected 4 grazing in ekiti to promote IGR. before grazing, they can b made to register with the state govt and everyone given a area to graze. Any damage allotted to grazing with a certain radius eg 5km to 10km, will b borne by those grazing there.
That way they will even b the one reporting on each other cos no one wan loose money or have their cattle confisticated.
Like it or not, this is an opportunity, outright ban is really not feasible cos u can't ban them from travelling or moving.
that idea is great,the goverment could also maybe establish ranches for them nd they should pay for ranch space,but the problem is(sentiments aside fulani av an history of wanting to take over place,after they av settled there,they would bring their family,soon it would turn to fulani community,u can't be hostile to them its at ur own danger,they did it to overthrow hausa in their land,they did it in ilorin)
The president his the one who should establish ranchez for them,cause forget that fulani would never pay tax.its sad that nigeria is already divided beyond being patched to be one again.the association of herdsmen would support them paying tax,u saw where they wrote that the president has alread marked some part of ekiti as grazing land
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by Megaideas(f): 8:03pm On May 24, 2016
Every state of the federation is autonomous and governors have 100% right to do whatever they deem good for their citizens without owing anybody an explanation.

They don ban grazing in Ekiti State be say they don ban am. Try carry cattle go graze there and your name go be SORRY.

I love Fayose so much; how I wish other timid and anus-licking governors will follow suit.
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by sshegzzyy: 8:23pm On May 24, 2016
bjdon:
When the federal govt took over all the land in the country via the Land Use decree many people did not complain as it did not affect them. The main reason the FG did that was to take control of the oil in the south which was then mainly onshore.

No that the same laws are being used to seize land for cattle grazing people are starting to make noise. I hope you can all know see what happens when you allow one injustice to occur, over time it simply breeds more injustice.

What is happening with the Herdsmen needs to be a wake up call to South. The North is over populated and the Sahara is rapidly encroching on their land. They are going to start moving south in ever larger numbers. This is just a fact. I will not be surprised if in a few years time, we see the FG allocate lands in the south for 'The resettlement of victims of climate change'. These people are very very cleaver and they think long term. If we don't resist this evil so called grazing bill and give full support to people like Faysoe, then one day we'll wake up and find whole areas in the South have been carved out for others and now have Emirs. Southerners shine your eyes!!
Beautiful. You really nailed it. You must be a strategic thinker.
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by Megaideas(f): 8:27pm On May 24, 2016
however no state government can ban Nigerians from access to their states.

Says who? Even when they constitute a threat to life and property? They are not banning Nigerians but killers and destructive elements who carry cattle about as a weapon to render people's wealth useless.
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by larrytorch(m): 8:36pm On May 24, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
Only if every state down south can emulate Gov. Fayose, these fulani killing, maiming, raping & destroying of people's crop will be a thing of d past. But,

Do U know Dat TONDA GOFAYA Lord Luggard?

Pls nxt time call him Luggard
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by kay4dem(m): 8:45pm On May 24, 2016
weyabblog:
Fayose is God sent. Chaiii buhari want to finish us. When did buhari give our lands to fulani for their our personal business of no tax. We are finished. Chaiiii
============================================

http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/fayose-has-no-right-to-ban-cattle-rearing-in-ekiti-%E2%80%93-fulani-herdsmen.212611/
oshokomole in action
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by Kdon2: 9:08pm On May 24, 2016
hardbody:
I agree with the op and rest of the positive posts but wait ooo

Is it these egbe ntu abi dane guns that they will use to fight the Libyans with AK47

Bros na the dane gun u dey see o,the real ones dey whr dem hide am! No think am o
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by mindtricks: 9:10pm On May 24, 2016
Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen.

However, Fulani Herdsmen reserve the right to freely kill anyone anywhere as they like?
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by Horlamidehji(m): 9:14pm On May 24, 2016
Fulani murderers do not have the right to go about killing people so shut the fvck up

Every single state should emulate Nwannedinamba Ayodele ifechukwu Fayose......
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by Nobody: 9:20pm On May 24, 2016
khalid11:
Pls, aside violence, is there any other thing these Fulani guy are known for?
... Bou u guys have monopoly for killing? Rubbish
Aside violence, they're also known for their gullible sense of reasoning
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by Kdon2: 9:24pm On May 24, 2016
Countryman1:

Lol. Your level of maturity is so beyond me. I am astounded. lol. Since you can't comprehend English, I didn't defend anybody, I pointed out an economic effect of a ban stupid.
And there are better ways a restriction on grazing can b placed that can even favour ekiti. What we have here is a knee jerk reaction which is typical of Nigerians, especially u.
I wonder you came to pass comprehension in English.
I am actually having fun getting you off. So please respond again with an insult to yourself. I am waiting. Please don't dissapoint me. grin

U mean u r jerking off aiit?
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by Kdon2: 9:28pm On May 24, 2016
omonnakoda:
The federal government took over land? Have YOU ever read the decree.? What is the point of going to school if you do not read? ditto for the 70 people liking your post. Please quote one or two sentences in the decree. Finally what is the current status of this decree that you refer to? Inform yourself properly

Apoda! slowpoke
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by brosammy(m): 10:05pm On May 24, 2016
May thunder fire all these animals calling themself heardsmen, so Fayose doesnt have the right to protect his people but they have the right to badge into someones farm,eat up the crops and kill inocent people. The only and the most perfect control measure needed to cub these beast is what Ayodele has just employed,that was exactly what Enugun and Ebonyi state governor needed to do rather than crying and mourning
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by OROSUNBOLB(m): 10:39pm On May 24, 2016
Joel3:
WHY ANY GRAZING BILL MUST BE
STOPPED:- The story is told of how King
Yunfa, the Hausa Sarkin in Gobir (now
called Sokoto) hosted a Fulani immigrant
called Usman Dan Fodiyo and his group in
February 1804, as a result of this and since
1808 the whole of the northern region lost
its kingdoms and were replaced by Fulani
emirates. King Yunfa is said to have been
killed in 1808 and the Fulani warrior
(Usman Dan Fodiyo) established Sokoto
caliphate, making himself Sultan. Gradually,
other Hausa kingdoms were pillaged and
taken over by the Fulani emirs. The ethnic
groups in the core north were the first
victims of Fulani imperialism, a venture that
occurred because the people were given
access to grazing land as a result of the
hospitality of the hosts. They however failed
to overrun the Bornu kingdom, so the Shehu
of Bornu remains paramount till today! The
Afonja dynasty compromised by allowing a
Fulani warrior known as Janta Alimi to
settle in Ilorin, the Fulani guerrillas killed
Afonja in 1824 And Ilorin, a Yoruba town
under the Oyo empire, fell into Fulani
hands, becoming an emirate under Sokoto
caliphate till today! Even the attempts of
the O'odua People's Congress (OPC) to
revert to status quo ante and crown an
Onilorin of Ilorin became an exercise in
futility. The Yoruba warriors got wise and
defeated the Fulani jihadists in Osogbo in
1840, if this didn't happen there would
most likely have been Fulani "emirs" as
rulers in Oyo Alaafin, Ibadan, Owo, Osogbo,
Ede, Ado, and Igede Ekiti today! If the Bini
Kingdom did not fight and repel the
jihadists, they would have penetrated the
Edo/ Delta region beyond the present day
Edo North Senatorial District which gave in
and allowed the jihadists to overrun &
islamize them. Along with some ignorant
folk most of them are now angling for
grazing areas and a corridor through the
entire federation. These grazing areas will in
future become Fulani settlements, later
commmunities and finally local government
areas with elected officials. If you think I
am being alarmist look towards the once
beautiful and serene Middle Belt state of
Plateau. The exact same thing happened in
Jos. Therefore, it will not be farfetched to
conclude that the Fulani herdsmen are
pawns in an agenda to overrun all towns in
Nigeria! So that we will have emirs in
Owerri, Enugu, Benin, Agatu, Abeokuta and
other towns where FG creates "grazing
reserves" for Fulani herdsmen! If Yunfa
didn't accommodate Fodio and his warlike
immigrants from Futatoro, Hausa sarkins
would be ruling today in the north! And if
Afonja didn't conspire with Alimi, a Yoruba
kingdom would not have been ruled by
Alimi's offspring till today! It is a subtle
continuation of the 1804 Fulani jihad by the
fully-armed and protected Fulani herdsmen
with an age-old agenda to overrun and
Islamize the whole of Nigeria very quickly. I
will end this with what someone rightly
said- "The grazing bill is not an attempt to
solve the problem, it's a subterfuge to
progress the agenda" It's an age-old
political strategy really- ..create a problem,
come up with a "solution" that advances the
cause, and then give it a legal backing.
Make it look like a win-win situation. Be as
wise as serpents.... Spread this message for
people to be aware.

Thank you very much for this piece. You've said it all; there is nothing to add anymore.

What the fulani are planting today is wind that will eventually grow to become a whirlwind that won't blow them any good!

Some of the fulani (herdsmen) mercenaries that were caught during the crisis of year 2000 in Oke-Ogun,Oyo state were actually military men! They were fighting alongside fulani herdsmen with Ak47 assault riffles. So, what other proof do we require to know that there is a grand fulani agenda to colonise the rest of the country? Though the dane gun wielding brave hunters of Oke-ogun successfully crushed those herdsmen and their military mercenaries, it was an eye opener for some of us that took part in that battle.

Yoruba will never be defeated or subdued by any tribe in this country and beyond. It won't happen.
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by skywalker240(m): 10:41pm On May 24, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
YES! But, tonda still need to fayaram inside grave
Hahahahaha

Buh wetin d niccur been do....na becos of almagamation?
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by Fawklicant: 10:54pm On May 24, 2016
This is what the weeping weakiling from Enugu state should be doing and arming ''boys'' not playing to the gallery by weeping like a re.tarded f.ool.
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:55pm On May 24, 2016
skywalker240:

Hahahahaha

Buh wetin d niccur been do....na becos of almagamation?
Ade teeyuuu angry angry
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by skywalker240(m): 11:18pm On May 24, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
Ade teeyuuu angry angry
Kikikikikikiki...d guy wicked sha
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by Khez: 12:00am On May 25, 2016
He has every right, cos his the chief security officer of his state, the work load still ends at his table!

1 Like

Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by Nobody: 12:16am On May 25, 2016
miniziter:
Waiting for cows to be killed as bush meat in Ekiti.

Fayose doesn't hide his fondness for ponmo. He didn't commission the hunters for nothing, I bet the killer herdsmen will be pleasantly surprised in Ekiti as they are received by hunters from the stomach infrastructure ministry.
Seriously, I support Fayose on this one.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by ugosinachyy19: 6:58am On May 25, 2016
Rxpetite:
Every state has a right to allow or deny herdsmen access to her territory.
Not all herdsmen are evil but one has to be careful. When boko haram started, northerners treated these issues with kid gloves until it started to torment them. They knew the members but protected them until they became uncontrollable. As far as I'm concerned, Northerners grew, groomed and nourished boko haram.
Here in the south we will not tolerate any act of terrorism especially from the north. We have our own issues to deal with.
They ask why we reacted differently to the kidnap of amina and ese ? The answer is simple;
Northern terrorists kidnap their northern schoolgirls in their northern territory and we Southerners can only show our concern(#bringbakourgirls ) and caution the north.
Northern assholes kidnap southern girls from southern territory and we will in orubebe's words , not take it.
States which can monitor the herdsmen can let them roam. If fayose cannot guarantee the security of his state from herdmen, he has every right to ban them from the on set to avoid stories that touch. people learn from their mistakes but smart people learn from other's mistakes.
Rxpetite:
Not all herdsmen are evil but one has to be careful. When boko haram started, northerners treated these issues with kid gloves until it started to torment them. They knew the members but protected them until they became uncontrollable. As far as I'm concerned, Northerners grew, groomed and nourished boko haram.
Here in the south we will not tolerate any act of terrorism especially from the north. We have our own issues to deal with.
They ask why we reacted differently to the kidnap of amina and ese ? The answer is simple;
Northern terrorists kidnap their northern schoolgirls in their northern territory and we Southerners can only show our concern(#bringbakourgirls ) and caution the north.
Northern assholes kidnap southern girls from southern territory and we will in orubebe's words , not take it.
States which can monitor the herdsmen can let them roam. If fayose cannot guarantee the security of his state from herdmen, he has every right to ban them from the on set to avoid stories that touch. people learn from their mistakes but smart people learn from other's mistakes.
Rxpetite:
YOU ARE INDEED INFORMED AND WISE.
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by SucreB: 6:06pm On May 25, 2016
God in Heaven will punish Ardo or whatever your name is wherever you are. where were you when your leader Buhari gave the order to all states to cater for their people as per herdsmen attack.

where were you when Delta ban cattle rearers? you are making noise because you know Fayose and Buhari are political enemies, so that Buhari can quickly charge him to EFCC and make you have access to Ekiti state?

you will die and not live in the MIGHTY NAME OF JESUS. you shall enter hell fire straight after your death. your people will suffer upon this hardship you have bestowed on the mass, you and buhari.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

President Buhari addresses Nigerians, Says he is deeply Grateful (VIDEO) / Yahaya Bello Celebrates His 46th Birthday (Photos) / Prophet Reveals Prophecies For President Jonathan (watch Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.