Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,053 members, 7,953,183 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:00 PM

14 Things President Buhari Has Changed Since Assuming Power - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 14 Things President Buhari Has Changed Since Assuming Power (49026 Views)

11 Things President Buhari's Administration Has So Far Achieved / 5 Things President Buhari Can Do To Regain The Trust Of Nigerians / 14 "Other Things" President Buhari Has Changed Since Assuming Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 14 Things President Buhari Has Changed Since Assuming Power by Nusaf: 10:10pm On May 24, 2016
felixlovu:
and I supposed u know d reason y d country is broke.
She apparently doesn't know.
Re: 14 Things President Buhari Has Changed Since Assuming Power by NollyHB(m): 10:11pm On May 24, 2016
ionsman:

You don't have sense. You think recovered funds are just used like that? There are processes. Educate yourself and stop being confidently ignorant.

What is the president waiting for. Which process is needed for a country to use its funds and solve their problems.
The negative effects of his administration to the country is more than the good.
He needs to wake up

1 Like

Re: 14 Things President Buhari Has Changed Since Assuming Power by pwettiejay(f): 10:13pm On May 24, 2016
Story for the gods
Re: 14 Things President Buhari Has Changed Since Assuming Power by Kingspin(m): 10:14pm On May 24, 2016
QuotaSystem:
There's no disputing the above facts.

What did Jonathan do for 6 years? Steal Steal Steal...pause for whiskey...then Steal Steal Steal then Steal some more.
Buhari is a ghost na. My friend use ur 5senses well.
Re: 14 Things President Buhari Has Changed Since Assuming Power by dafuturis(m): 10:17pm On May 24, 2016
EroticAngelina:

don't mind those puppets.

they praise Buhari yet people are dying from hunger.

everything has gone high. fuel is scarce and expensive.
all the old fool knows how to do is tour the planet.
even the corruption fighting that I thought he will do smthn abt... I'm yet to see tangible results.
He appointed 'ministers' who know nothing about their ministries.
He increases fuel price through subsidy removal without providing aid for the masses, he introduced withdrawal fee without thinking of the people and how they will survive. the worst part is that I've not seen what they use all these extra money to do

and one village tou.t will be yarning me bullsheeet undecided

its so unfortunate that Nigeria has reduced to this sad

Olodo
Re: 14 Things President Buhari Has Changed Since Assuming Power by Alezy(m): 10:17pm On May 24, 2016
BrainnewsNg:

Calm down please
lolz...ok am down. Just cos u said so
Re: 14 Things President Buhari Has Changed Since Assuming Power by DonBobes(m): 10:29pm On May 24, 2016
I see this op is nuts!
Re: 14 Things President Buhari Has Changed Since Assuming Power by oluwafemtos: 10:29pm On May 24, 2016
QuotaSystem:
There's no disputing the above facts.

What did Jonathan do for 6 years? Steal Steal Steal...pause for whiskey...then Steal Steal Steal then Steal some more.
The money stolen in his administration is almost 3.3trillion naira...

1 Like

Re: 14 Things President Buhari Has Changed Since Assuming Power by emmydollars4life(m): 10:34pm On May 24, 2016
ionsman:

You don't have sense. You think recovered funds are just used like that? There are processes. Educate yourself and stop being confidently ignorant.
Will you keep quiet, also tell us the price of rice, tell us, you are praising him, because u benefit from the back door recruitments in NNPC, CBN and FIRS. If care is not taken their will be revolution in this country. Increasing electricity tariff to 45% , increase fuel, trying to increase vat, very soon fertilizer will increase, inherited $30 billion from Gej. And the country is still poor. All this things is getting to the poor masses, where they conscience ? I am a graduate no work, our only crime that we are Nigerians

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 14 Things President Buhari Has Changed Since Assuming Power by smarthG(f): 10:40pm On May 24, 2016
YOU HAVE FORGOTTEN THE FACT THAT THIS GOVERNMENT IS COOKING A CIVIL WAR WITH ALL THE HATRED ITS CREATING..!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 14 Things President Buhari Has Changed Since Assuming Power by redgem(f): 11:28pm On May 24, 2016
airex:
woe betides the person that gave u access to the net. It's an insult to technology

Ok.... I've read your post
Re: 14 Things President Buhari Has Changed Since Assuming Power by hollyfat(m): 11:33pm On May 24, 2016
olokfor:
The presidency over the months have been jibbed by many. While some see President Muhammadu Buhari’s government as slow and inactive, others see it as in capable of bringing the promised change.

However, one need to ask; have things remained how they were when President Muhammadu Buhari took over about a year ago? Certainly not! Here are 14 things that have changed:

1. The government closed 40 accounts in NNPC to give room for accountability.

2. The Port Harcourt and Warri refineries are back in operation with 60 per cent capacity and producing 7 million litres of PMS daily. The Kaduna refinery also resumed production at the end of the April, 2016.

3. President Buhari directed the CBN to disburse N689.5b as bailout to 27 states to pay salaries.

4. 34,000 The number of ghost workers draining the nation’s resources now expunged from the Federal Civil Service, saving N2.29b in the process.

5. President Buhari saved $1m by his directive stopping the appointment of a government delegation for pilgrimage to Saudi Arabia.

6. On assumption of office, the President cut down the number of ministries from 42 to 25 to reduce the cost of governance.

7. $321m The amount Switzerland will repatriate to Nigeria from the illicitly acquired wealth of the Gen. Sani Abacha family.

8. The Nigerian troops has rescued a total of 11,595 in the ongoing operations in the Northeast as at February 2016.

9. The Presidential Committee set up to probe contracts awarded by the Office of the National Security Adviser (ONSA) from 2011 to 2015 has recovered N7b.

10. The President secured a $5m support from U.S. government June last year and another $40m in April 2016 for the fight against the terrorists in the sub-region.

11. The government saves $1b annually by the elimination of the Offshore Processing Agreement (OPA) through the introduction of the Direct Sales and Direct Purchase (DSDP) scheme with reputable off-shore refineries

12. The Port Harcourt, Warri and Kaduna Refineries now produce 7m litres of PMS per day.

13. The implementation of the Treasury Single Account (TSA) which stands at N3trillion has provided greater visibility of government revenues and cash flows. A war on high pedestal.

14. Buhari intensified the anti-corruption war which has led to the arrest of high profile public officers. Such cases include the ones against former Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) spokesman Olisa Metuh, Daar Communications Chairman Dr Raymond Dokpesi and former Chief of Defence Staff Alex Badeh.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/05/14-things-president-buhari-has-changed.html

2- Are you sure the refinery are working?
6- Ministries are not 42, It is ministers that are 42

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 14 Things President Buhari Has Changed Since Assuming Power by laffwitmi: 11:37pm On May 24, 2016
U are a wailer and u will wail for another 7yrs ...Shorry grin grin grin
EroticAngelina:
obviously, you are a zombie.

they claim his government recovered looted funds, yet Nigeria is broker than the beggar opposite my estate undecided

Re: 14 Things President Buhari Has Changed Since Assuming Power by laffwitmi: 11:42pm On May 24, 2016
How many of your family have died of hunger ye
EroticAngelina:

ye dirty ipod youth grin grin grin

even the corruption fighting that I thought he will do smthn abt... I'm yet to see tangible results.
He increases fuel price through subsidy removal without providing aid for the masses, he introduced withdrawal fee without thinking of the people and how they will survive. the worst part is that I've not seen what they use all these extra money to do

Re: 14 Things President Buhari Has Changed Since Assuming Power by Nyceguy92: 11:55pm On May 24, 2016
[quote author=olokfor post=45925845]

These are laudable achievements, my people.
We need to plug all loopholes through which our money leaks out.
And recover that which is stolen. It takes a fearless individual to do that.

Governance is not that easy.
The spectator watching from the sideline sees all the mistakes....
Re: 14 Things President Buhari Has Changed Since Assuming Power by Topestbilly(m): 12:08am On May 25, 2016
EroticAngelina:

Why bothering yourself about these zombies?

They don't worth it cos they'll never listen to anyone expect their hypnotist.

They're the set of people Fela was referring to.

1 Like

Re: 14 Things President Buhari Has Changed Since Assuming Power by ChrisArs: 12:27am On May 25, 2016
U are sick my friend
Re: 14 Things President Buhari Has Changed Since Assuming Power by QuotaSystem: 12:33am On May 25, 2016
Youpele52:

He so stole eh that Nigeria was better in May 29th 2015 than the way it's going to be in May 29th 2016

You're obviously not bright enough to realize the link between looting the treasury and the effect on the economy which you're complaining of.

Keep quiet and let thinkers speak.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 14 Things President Buhari Has Changed Since Assuming Power by Nusaf: 12:37am On May 25, 2016
emmydollars4life:

Will you keep quiet, also tell us the price of rice, tell us, you are praising him, because u benefit from the back door recruitments in NNPC, CBN and FIRS. If care is not taken their will be revolution in this country. Increasing electricity tariff to 45% , increase fuel, trying to increase vat, very soon fertilizer will increase, inherited $30 billion from Gej. And the country is still poor. All this things is getting to the poor masses, where they conscience ? I am a graduate no work, our only crime that we are Nigerians
How can u secure a job that befits the status of a graduate when ur knowledge and reasonings are not different from those of typical illiterate farmers. Just read through what u typed and ask yourself if u have actually made any sense. Even if u are a graduate, then certainly u are the type that passed through school without allowing the school to pass through u. Go back and get properly schooled.
Re: 14 Things President Buhari Has Changed Since Assuming Power by Nobody: 12:58am On May 25, 2016
shiki:
One year anniversary achievements? Brother that's verbal and papers achievements, ...Nigerians need physical/landed/infrastructure

We need real achievements that both parties, The

Zombies & The Wailers will be ok with. ....No Light, No

Work, ...No Nothing, things are too cost, taxes very high

...I perceive austerity measures

...in other words, you "want something tangible..."( in Bubu's voice)

1 Like

Re: 14 Things President Buhari Has Changed Since Assuming Power by jojothaiv(m): 12:59am On May 25, 2016
EroticAngelina:

And to top it all,

Nigeria is only country where its people defend their suffering...
Re: 14 Things President Buhari Has Changed Since Assuming Power by jojothaiv(m): 1:04am On May 25, 2016
pwettiejay:
Story for the gods
As in "Theoretical Achievement In A Scalar Government"
Re: 14 Things President Buhari Has Changed Since Assuming Power by Raskasal(m): 1:06am On May 25, 2016
Thanks bro. If only we could be patient with the man, he'll turn things around for good. Starting a policy is always as it is now. Ride on Baba. ISTANDWITHBUHARI
Re: 14 Things President Buhari Has Changed Since Assuming Power by rudepen(m): 3:05am On May 25, 2016
EroticAngelina:

it's obvious that your Ill learned and you don't factually know things well before talking... Shior!
Re: 14 Things President Buhari Has Changed Since Assuming Power by Crownwahley(m): 3:45am On May 25, 2016
Who Burahi govt don EPP
Re: 14 Things President Buhari Has Changed Since Assuming Power by payosehtor(m): 4:27am On May 25, 2016
[quote author=poiZon post=45927539]

if they aint used without following due processes, why make noise abt it without following due process?[
/quote]u re beter ignored
Re: 14 Things President Buhari Has Changed Since Assuming Power by gudnex22(m): 5:25am On May 25, 2016
1) fuel subsidy removal; 2) comatose state of the Nigerian economy; 3) fuel scarcity ; 4) increase in electricity bill tariff; 5) free fall of the naira ; 6) frequent foreign trips by the president; 7) violence perpetrated by Fulani herdsmen; cool resurgence of militancy in the Niger Delta.
Re: 14 Things President Buhari Has Changed Since Assuming Power by Kenobus: 5:41am On May 25, 2016
You can see that there is nothing to cling to. Buhari has not achieved anything only hardship. It is terrible! Come to Lagos and see what Ambode has done under one year.
Re: 14 Things President Buhari Has Changed Since Assuming Power by 4jessy: 5:54am On May 25, 2016
What's the difference between point number 2 and 12.
Re: 14 Things President Buhari Has Changed Since Assuming Power by henroe2k2(m): 6:15am On May 25, 2016
ionsman:

Fish head, receive sense in the name of Odinga..
Re: 14 Things President Buhari Has Changed Since Assuming Power by donhils: 6:19am On May 25, 2016
oluwafemtos:

The money stolen in his administration is almost 3.3trillion naira...
Let's wait and see after this administration how much they'll steal too. As if that is not the trend. angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted / Photos Of Arrested Boko Haram + Weapons Recovered By The Nigerian Troops / Why Buhari Sacked Jim Obazee, FRC Boss – Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.