Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

Tecno Phones No Longer For The Poor - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Phones No Longer For The Poor (3487 Views)

Pls Be Careful Do Not Buy Tecno Phones Read My Reasons / Tecno Phones Are Not Working In USA, See Instant Solutions! / Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tecno Phones No Longer For The Poor by Orikinla(m): 5:26pm On May 24, 2016
About two years ago, I recommended Tecno phones as the most affordable phones for the poor masses, because with as little as N3000 you can buy the cheapest Tecno feature phone in the market. And Tecno phones were common among secondary school pupils. But many secondary school pupils in Nigeria now want smart phones with touchscreen. And I don't know if Tecno has any smart phone for N10, 000.

The most popular Tecno android smart phones among students in Nigeria are Tecno Phantom, Tecno Boom, Tecno Camon and Tecno L8.. And they are not cheap. Each one is more than the minimum wage in Nigeria.
Re: Tecno Phones No Longer For The Poor by saaedlee: 5:39pm On May 24, 2016
Orikinla:
About two years ago, I recommended Tecno phones as the most affordable phones for the poor masses, because with as little as N3000 you can buy the cheapest Tecno feature phone in the market. And Tecno phones were common among secondary school pupils. But many secondary school pupils in Nigeria now want smart phones with touchscreen. And I don't know if Tecno has any smart phone for N10, 000.

The most popular Tecno android smart phones among students in Nigeria are Tecno Phantom, Tecno Boom, Tecno Camon and Tecno L8.. And they are not cheap. Each one is more than the minimum wage in Nigeria.
Not just students...
Re: Tecno Phones No Longer For The Poor by Orikinla(m): 6:03pm On May 24, 2016
saaedlee:
Not just students...
. Any Tecno smart phone for N10K?
Re: Tecno Phones No Longer For The Poor by Whizpeter(m): 6:07pm On May 24, 2016
Tecno as a brand have increased in value.. Secondly we shouldn't ignore the fact that the fall in Naira is the reason why phones are expensive now...
The tecno L5/W4 /J5 are phones that tecno could ordinarily have sold for 14-17k if things were stable with our currency...!
I don't blame them totally...

There was also a time when Samsung had phones for both the rich and the poor, but now their value went up and they started doing premium... Did you criticize them?

I also remember that gionee and infinix also joined tecno in producing cheaper android phones 4 years ago...
Infinix note 3 is about 80k now on Jumia [Not sure tho] and nobody knows how much gionee m6 would be sold.. Probably over a 100k cos it's a beast!

What's my point? Every business starts small but they won't ever remain small!

4 Likes

Re: Tecno Phones No Longer For The Poor by Orikinla(m): 6:11pm On May 24, 2016
Whizpeter:
Tecno has a brand have increased in value.. Secondly we shouldn't ignore the fact that the fall in Naira is the reason why phones are expensive now...
The tecno L5/W4 /J5 are phones that tecno could ordinarily have sold for 14-17k if things were stable with our currency...!

There was also a time when Samsung had phones for both the rich and the poor, but now their value went up and they started doing premium... Did you criticize them?

I also remember that gionee and infinix also joined tecno in producing cheaper android phones 4 years ago...
Infinix note 3 is about 80k now on Jumia [Not sure tho] and nobody knows how much gionee m6 would be sold.. Probably over a 100k cos it's a beast!

Someone in Benin could not find a Tecno or iTel phone for N10K.
Re: Tecno Phones No Longer For The Poor by Youngpo413: 6:24pm On May 24, 2016
Even Nokia torchlight,na from 5k.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tecno Phones No Longer For The Poor by Whizpeter(m): 6:25pm On May 24, 2016
Orikinla:
Someone in Benin could not find a Tecno or iTel phone for N10K.

If Naira was on the high side, Tecno y2 would sell for below 10k cos it's 12k now...!
Re: Tecno Phones No Longer For The Poor by McPhilz8(m): 6:56pm On May 24, 2016
Youngpo413:
Even Nokia torchlight,na from 5k.

No be small,went to get it the other day and theyt told me it's 6k. No fit just talk.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phones No Longer For The Poor by Orikinla(m): 7:08pm On May 24, 2016
Whizpeter:

If Naira was on the high side, Tecno y2 would sell for below 10k cos it's 12k now...!
. It is selling for N14K now at Ring Road in Benin, Edo State.
Re: Tecno Phones No Longer For The Poor by kolexepana: 7:48pm On May 24, 2016
Be like say you no know wetin dollar dey talk undecided
Re: Tecno Phones No Longer For The Poor by Cliveglobal1(m): 8:14pm On May 24, 2016
The exchange rate is Crazy but tecno still manages to Doll out high end phones for affordable prices. Check out the New Tecno W4, The phone cost just 22k with a android marshmallow and other Great Features. These are signs to Show you that the Phone Company Means Business. They should be Commended!!!

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Phones No Longer For The Poor by MizMyColi(f): 8:19pm On May 24, 2016
With Tecno, there's something for everyone.

Even Nigeria as. Country is no longer meant for poor people.

The W4 at 23k try well though.
I'm a proud owner.
Re: Tecno Phones No Longer For The Poor by Whizpeter(m): 9:03pm On May 24, 2016
Orikinla:
. It is selling for N14K now at Ring Road in Benin, Edo State.

A friend of mine bought it 12k last week at Owerri, Imo State
Re: Tecno Phones No Longer For The Poor by annacheem: 9:07pm On May 24, 2016
tecno try na in this dollar hike era w4 is 23k kudos to them
Re: Tecno Phones No Longer For The Poor by cruzclinton1(m): 10:55pm On May 24, 2016
Please any one selling his or her c8? I want to buy....people from the east?am at abia state
Re: Tecno Phones No Longer For The Poor by ritababe(f): 11:59pm On May 24, 2016
MizMyColi:
With Tecno, there's something for everyone.

Even Nigeria as. Country is no longer meant for poor people.

The W4 at 23k try well though.
I'm a proud owner.

we know that that already lol.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phones No Longer For The Poor by Nobody: 11:55am On May 25, 2016
Cliveglobal1:
The exchange rate is Crazy but tecno still manages to Doll out high end phones for affordable prices. Check out the New Tecno W4, The phone cost just 22k with a android marshmallow and other Great Features. These are signs to Show you that the Phone Company Means Business. They should be Commended!!!
Real talk!
Re: Tecno Phones No Longer For The Poor by Nobody: 11:55am On May 25, 2016
Whizpeter:
Tecno as a brand have increased in value.. Secondly we shouldn't ignore the fact that the fall in Naira is the reason why phones are expensive now...

Real talk!
Re: Tecno Phones No Longer For The Poor by Xhaka(m): 2:42pm On May 25, 2016
Orikinla:

You can't fault them for that.
Re: Tecno Phones No Longer For The Poor by TeeFeh(f): 4:31pm On May 25, 2016
Tecno phones are going to greater height..but who said Tecno was cheap?
Re: Tecno Phones No Longer For The Poor by Orikinla(m): 7:09pm On May 25, 2016
TeeFeh:
Tecno phones are going to greater height..but who said Tecno was cheap?
Are you Tecno's spokesperson?
iTel phones are selling more to low income earners in Nigeria and the cheapest iTel phone offers more than the cheapest Tecno phone.
The FM radio of iTel is better with good audio and video for less than N5K.
Re: Tecno Phones No Longer For The Poor by mosjames: 12:17am On May 26, 2016
Their phones are still affordable tho
Re: Tecno Phones No Longer For The Poor by pcoolioz(m): 10:10pm On May 29, 2016
times have changed, they got better... i dont believe if you increase your value you still get little?
Re: Tecno Phones No Longer For The Poor by Nobody: 11:12am On May 31, 2016
Orikinla:

what you mean poor? a poor person can't buy a phone so please change your heading instead say low range phone
Re: Tecno Phones No Longer For The Poor by oluwadaemilola: 1:25pm On May 31, 2016
you are right
Whizpeter:

Re: Tecno Phones No Longer For The Poor by oluwadaemilola: 1:27pm On May 31, 2016
asuustrike2009:

what you mean poor? a poor person can't buy a phone so please change your heading instead say low range phone
na true you talk jare
Re: Tecno Phones No Longer For The Poor by oluwadaemilola: 1:51pm On May 31, 2016
plis don't criticize Tecno because they really tried even nokia or samsung did not produce phones that were as cheap as theirs even up till now the still consider the people with low income
Re: Tecno Phones No Longer For The Poor by oluwadaemilola: 1:57pm On May 31, 2016
pcoolioz:
times have changed, they got better... i dont believe if you increase your value you still get little?
that is what i am saying
Re: Tecno Phones No Longer For The Poor by onekindaguy: 4:52pm On May 31, 2016
Their phones are getting expensive, The phones are worth it
Orikinla:

Yes o, It affects everyone
saaedlee:

Not just students...
The phone won't have quality
Orikinla:
. Any Tecno smart phone for N10K?
Re: Tecno Phones No Longer For The Poor by onekindaguy: 4:53pm On May 31, 2016
Yeah, I agree with you
Whizpeter:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Malata Mobile ng Customer Care@Nigeria / Android 7.0 Nougat Is Here!!! / Relieved:china Makes A Cheaper Version Of Iphone 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.