Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,782 members, 7,831,525 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

Senate President, @bukolasaraki Reacts To Bill On Sexual Harassment In Universit - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate President, @bukolasaraki Reacts To Bill On Sexual Harassment In Universit (447 Views)

Widow Accuses Dare Pelemo Of Sexual Harassment / Boko Haram Releases Video Of Abducted Oil Exploration Workers From The Universit / Photos: Jonathan Receiving His Honorary Doctorate Degrees From Bingham Universit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Senate President, @bukolasaraki Reacts To Bill On Sexual Harassment In Universit by babanett: 5:35pm On May 24, 2016
Senate President, @BukolaSaraki Reacts To Bill On Sexual Harassment In Universities

"Today at the Nigerian Senate, we passed a Bill to Criminalize Sexual Harassment in Nigerian Universities for its Second Reading.

Many young Nigerian boys and girls suffer at the hands of lecturers, fellow students and those in administrative positions of power when they seek to further their education in our universities.

This bill, once passed and signed into law, will help stamp out all forms of harassment to make our schools more conducive for our students.

I can attest to the fact that I have received anonymous emails and messages urging the Senate to make sexual harassment in our universities a criminal offence. In this regard, as we have taken this pivotal step to get this bill off the ground, I enjoin members of the civil society and students across the country to join in the process to make sure that this bill is passed and signed, so that students can receive the protection and backing of the law as they pursue their education."

Do you have a comment you want to add?

visit www.facebook.com/Bukola.saraki
Re: Senate President, @bukolasaraki Reacts To Bill On Sexual Harassment In Universit by Nobody: 5:39pm On May 24, 2016
after our universities re-open, we'll take to the streets to celebrate this 'wonderful' bill by the senate undecided
Re: Senate President, @bukolasaraki Reacts To Bill On Sexual Harassment In Universit by Xclusivegrin007(m): 5:46pm On May 24, 2016
Is it only in the universities? What of in the streets?

(1) (Reply)

Niger Delta Avengers Blow Up Electricity Pipe Line / I Can't Stop Workers From Going On Strike, This Are Perilous Times -fayose Ekit / Seven Low-hanging Fruits President Buhari Failed To Pluck In His First Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.