Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,099 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

British Embassy: Account Information Survey - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / British Embassy: Account Information Survey (14463 Views)

Uk Visas Survey: Time To Air Your Opinion About British Embassy In Nigeria / Contact Details For British Embassy Lagos / British Embassy In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

British Embassy: Account Information Survey by marcwolex: 12:00pm On Nov 22, 2006
Does any nairalander knows specific questions the british embassy ask when they call banks for account verification on prospective travellers,my recent survey indicates that 80% of people that submmitted fake accts got their visa last august while those that submmitted authentic documents were either accused of inconstitencies in the account or inability to verify the origin of the funds, i throw this thread open to in-house guys
Re: British Embassy: Account Information Survey by LondonCool(m): 12:21am On Dec 22, 2006
I totally disagree with your statistics and challenge your source. The BHC have a unit called RAU -Risk Assessment Unit, their job is to ascertain genuine documents submitted and they do contact Banks to verify statements and bank balances. If visa's were refused despite genuine documents being submitted then the reasons for refusal would have also been given too,  Sometimes, if they can not really ascertain the genuineness of financial information submitted thay can still refuse the visa then wait for you to proof the genuineness when you apply for an Appeal (if you are smart enouh to do so).
Re: British Embassy: Account Information Survey by ernal(m): 8:51am On May 13, 2007
marcolex is right,i turn down for having using a company acct with 750k just for a one week conference,i think people that can get a good link to a good in-house statement of acct,usually get the visas.again i need to stress the issue of some transfers into any acct,as they tend to always nose into any transfer,i have a friend turned down cos the acct had an iregularities of 250k transfered in it in december,while he did apply in march,dont you think they just want sometin else and they already know what they want, well i aint tripping,Nigeria don make me,even if i see Iya charlie,ma naira fun ni, lol, cheers
Re: British Embassy: Account Information Survey by fromuk(m): 6:32pm On May 13, 2007
How are u sure they confirm the statement at all, almost 90% goes to embassy with oluwale info and they still give most of them visa. i think it depends on who is threating your case. On his or her happy day he or she can give any passport that comes across hi table but on a bad day just count yourself unfortunate.
Re: British Embassy: Account Information Survey by LondonCool(m): 10:19pm On May 13, 2007
All Bank statements do get verified by the Risk Assessment Unit. The only way for an "Oluwole" bank statement to get confirmed as authentic by the BHC is if the Bank manager or Bank Official who verifies the bank statement corroborates with the person who made the visa application (i.e an insiders job). Once the bank confirms the statement as being authentic the RAU of the BHC rarely overturns the confirmation.

@ernal,
When you submit a company bank  account for the purpose of proving financial ability to maintain yourself throughout the duration of your UK visit you have to also prove that you have access to the funds and that you have the mandate to use it for the purpose of travelling. You should be able to show a resolution of the company where it was agreed that you could use xxxx amount for the purpose of travelling and that you are also a signatory to the account too.

Also, ECO's are now directed to refuse visa applications based on all 5 reasons of Section 41 of the Immigration Rules, so it would not be only your company bank account that would have been a problem but also the fact that they were not satsified that that you would be genuine visitor based on the whole of Section 41

[b]Section 41. The requirements to be met by a person seeking leave to enter the United Kingdom as a visitor are that he:

(i) is genuinely seeking entry as a visitor for a limited period as stated by him, not exceeding 6 months; and

(ii) intends to leave the United Kingdom at the end of the period of the visit as stated by him; and

(iii) does not intend to take employment in the United Kingdom; and

(iv) does not intend to produce goods or provide services within the United Kingdom, including the selling of goods or services direct to members of the public; and

(v) does not intend to study at a maintained school; and

(vi) will maintain and accommodate himself and any dependants adequately out of resources available to him without recourse to public funds or taking employment; or will, with any dependants, be maintained and accommodated adequately by relatives or friends; and

(vii) can meet the cost of the return or onward journey.; and

(viii) is not a child under the age of 18.
[/b]

fromuk:

How are u sure they confirm the statement at all, almost 90% goes to embassy with oluwale info and they still give most of them visa. i think it depends on who is threating your case. On his or her happy day he or she can give any passport that comes across hi table but on a bad day just count yourself unfortunate.

An ECO does not have the sole right to issue a Visa they are all quality-checked by the ECM before a Visa vignette is endorsed into any passport. It is not a lottery whose outcome depends on the "feel-good factor" of the officer in charge, the reasons for refusal are always given so if you are aggrieved with a decision you are free to seek for an initial reconsideration or appeal. 50% of Appeals do get overturned by the Appeal Judge at the AIT.

1 Like

Re: British Embassy: Account Information Survey by vikiviko(m): 1:53pm On May 14, 2007
Some bank statements are confirmed.I have seen proof on how the BHC confirms its statement.
They either call, email, courier the said bank for verification.

There is nothing like fake bank statement, most of the bank statement used are original bank papers with the bank's securities and Information.The only difference is that most of these statements are majorly boosted i.e the balance in the account are increased.

The account numbers are geneuine account numbers.The names might be diffreent thats if the bhc decides to confirm otherwise a "FAKE BANK STATEMENT" is said to have secured a visa.

If you need an original bank statement to push your job, do not hesitate to contact me.

Call me 8516418
Re: British Embassy: Account Information Survey by fromuk(m): 8:13pm On May 14, 2007
4, 5 yrs ago when they do interview before vis is issued, that when i get my visa to this country, i gave my papers the officer asked me some few question on the document i tendered and gave me my visa right away no confirmation no phone call no courier. Londoncool u need to go to naija and see how people apply for visa these days 90% use oluwale docs and 91% ARE GIVEN VISA. All those ur ehc, ecc ecowas are dia incase they have doubt, if you do ur job very well they never confirm lailai unless u have bad luck.
Re: British Embassy: Account Information Survey by LondonCool(m): 12:33am On May 15, 2007
fromuk:

4, 5 years ago when they do interview before vis is issued, that when i get my visa to this country, i gave my papers the officer asked me some few question on the document i tendered and gave me my visa right away no confirmation no phone call no courier. Londoncool u need to go to naija and see how people apply for visa these days 90% use oluwale docs and 91% ARE GIVEN VISA. All those your ehc, ecc ecowas are dia incase they have doubt, if you do your job very well they never confirm lailai unless u have bad luck.

You also need to see how many Nigerians are being returned back to Nigeria on a DAILY BASIS on entry at the UK Immigration Control for obtaining their Visa's under false pretence or misrepresentation of facts. Nigerian issued Visa's get overturned and are subsequently refused entry into UK every single day. It does not stop at securing Visa's using FAKE bank statements.
Re: British Embassy: Account Information Survey by adeshsam(m): 12:55pm On May 15, 2007
Gooday Mr. Londoncool,

I like the way you answered this pple's question. Infact, u are 2good to be an envoy. keep it up sir,

more grease to ur elbow, lool grin grin cry
Re: British Embassy: Account Information Survey by fromuk(m): 8:27pm On May 15, 2007
L/Cool
do u work in the airport? the immigration officers at the airport don't know the docs you submitted before visa was issued, if they turn anybody back its because of another reason and not the doc and they turn non nigerians back as well. They as well turn people with good and cleen intention back. It all luck my brother. My friend that works with Agip in PH was turned down on match with no good reason, he and his wife were just coming for a wedding ceremony. they just believe and give some and deny some, they can't give everybody and they can't verify everybody.
Re: British Embassy: Account Information Survey by LondonCool(m): 10:08pm On May 15, 2007
fromuk:

L/Cool
do u work in the airport? the immigration officers at the airport don't know the docs you submitted before visa was issued,

Who told you that ? Every document submitted for a Visa Application is scanned to a Central database and can be accessed by any authorised personnel at any time of the day.

If they turn anybody back its because of another reason and not the doc and they turn non nigerians back as well. They as well turn people with good and cleen intention back.

True talk but Nigeria constitutes the single largest country with returned visitors from UK every day

It all luck my brother. My friend that works with Agip in PH was turned down on match with no good reason, he and his wife were just coming for a wedding ceremony. they just believe and give some and deny some, they can't give everybody and they can't verify everybody.

What do you mean by NO GOOD REASON ? Its subjective. The reason may not have been good to your friend but it was a refusal reason. If he thought he had good grounds he should have appealed against the decision.
Re: British Embassy: Account Information Survey by fromuk(m): 10:19pm On May 15, 2007
How can he appeal when it will take them more than one yr to decide on your appeal, they were at heathrow on 21st and the wedding is holding on 23rd, will they decide instanta on his appeal? Cental data base!!! how many ppl pass throu h/row in a day and how many ppl will they check their data and go throu all the doc submitted in that case it will take them till tuesday to check ppl that landed on monday and the back log continues. My brother who luck ran against becomes a victim. Its all luck.

2 Likes

Re: British Embassy: Account Information Survey by LondonCool(m): 11:07pm On May 15, 2007
fromuk:

Cental data base!!! how many people pass throu h/row in a day and how many people will they check their data and go throu all the doc submitted in that case it will take them till tuesday to check people that landed on monday and the back log continues. My brother who luck ran against becomes a victim. Its all luck.

Are you saying it does not happen or are you wondering how it happens ?
Re: British Embassy: Account Information Survey by fromuk(m): 11:32am On May 16, 2007
why is nigerian flight targeted? are we terorist? you are just demorolising genuine nigerians trying to seek UK visa, ok is my friend coming for wedding not genuine?. It all depends on the immigration officer on duty at that particular time. Some people comes in throu france without visa and no immigration present at the border to check things out. we are still saying the samething if you agree that when they suspect you they will check on you hence when they did not suspect you they will let you go.
Re: British Embassy: Account Information Survey by shegorogo1(m): 12:04pm On May 16, 2007
Does any Nairaland user knows specific questions the british embassy ask when they call banks for account verification on prospective travellers,my recent survey indicates that 80% of people that submmitted fake accts got their visa last august while those that submmitted authentic documents were either accused of inconstitencies in the account or inability to verify the origin of the funds,
IT IS A MATTER OF KYC (KNOW YOUR CUSTOMER ) PROBABLE THE BANKS DIDN`T
REPRESENT THE PERSON WELL.
Re: British Embassy: Account Information Survey by LondonCool(m): 12:11pm On May 20, 2007
fromuk:

why is nigerian flight targeted? are we terorist? you are just demorolising genuine nigerians trying to seek UK visa, ok is my friend coming for wedding not genuine?. It all depends on the immigration officer on duty at that particular time. Some people comes in throu france without visa and no immigration present at the border to check things out. we are still saying the samething if you agree that when they suspect you they will check on you hence when they did not suspect you they will let you go.

Who told you that there is no immigration control at the UK/French borders ? have you heard of the Juxtapose control ?
Re: British Embassy: Account Information Survey by Reverend(m): 12:20pm On May 20, 2007
If you want to go to the UK then you hav to complete the paperwork. No false documents, bank statements or other documents.

You will be found out and rejected. It may take time to get what you need, but you can relax in the knowledge that you are legal and don't have to keep looking over your shoulder.

A good friend of mine is very high up in the UK Home Office and he has told me that they are about to increase the rules, regulations and checks by 1000%.

Those found travelling on false documentation will be treated as a criminal and you will go to jail. Once released you will be automatically deported and  banned for ever from returning to the UK.

So my advice is to go through the official process.

Hundreds of Nigerians each week are being deported from the UK.
Re: British Embassy: Account Information Survey by Vicjustice: 11:49am On May 24, 2007
When posting rubbish with your corrupt minds, doesn't it come to your sense that it's not only Nigerians that are reading these articles?
I found out this site when i was just searching for some informations about the ill treatments of Nigerians in the hands of the foreign embassies in Nigeria, i was using search engines and here i found myself.
You fools, you say all sorts of corrupt things about your activities and illegal intentions openly on these sites, and you're not wise enough to understand that the same way that i found this site, many foreigners and those who work with embassies are visiting this site too.
But how would you succeed in obtaining a visa for your clients after exposing yourselves by revealing things like "i can arrange a bank statements", "you can vanish when you get there", "you can marry to have a green card", "the passport was stamped and i got a new one", "my friend got visa with a fake bank statement", "my brother used my passport", "i sent money to do a new passport"etc?
Mind you, the embassy staff are also browsing to check and learn more things about Nigeria.
If you expose yourself here because you want to advertise your business, then, how would you succeed in the business except to defraud your clients?

1 Like

Re: British Embassy: Account Information Survey by makin(m): 5:15pm On May 24, 2007
For all you fraudsters with uncanny abilities to beat authorities, You now have a new challenge;
check out the british high commission website; http://www.britishhighcommission.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1101398591860
Start eating up your fake bank statements, and just in case you don't believe what reverend posted earlier on, you can take the emergence of Biometrics -fingerprinting- as a sign.
Re: British Embassy: Account Information Survey by Vicjustice: 5:23pm On Jun 01, 2007
Re: British Embassy: Account Information Survey by mystikal(m): 12:08am On Jun 04, 2007
i need help here!
can a bank statement 4 visa purposes be made up of account statement from different banks?
see, my sponsor has accts in so many different banks which if summed up is very heavy
thanks!
Re: British Embassy: Account Information Survey by Raahym(m): 5:12pm On Nov 12, 2014
Hi All, Isn't there any Banker @ high positions that can confirm to us the process in which embassies validate the statement of account from the banks? Especially knowing that majority of the people submit an "oluwole" statement and they still get their visas. What is the process if they do verify at all?
Re: British Embassy: Account Information Survey by LondonCool(m): 10:28pm On Jun 08, 2015
LondonCool:
All Bank statements do get verified by the Risk Assessment Unit. The only way for an "Oluwole" bank statement to get confirmed as authentic by the BHC is if the Bank manager or Bank Official who verifies the bank statement corroborates with the person who made the visa application (i.e an insiders job). Once the bank confirms the statement as being authentic the RAU of the BHC rarely overturns the confirmation.

@ernal,
When you submit a company bank  account for the purpose of proving financial ability to maintain yourself throughout the duration of your UK visit you have to also prove that you have access to the funds and that you have the mandate to use it for the purpose of travelling. You should be able to show a resolution of the company where it was agreed that you could use xxxx amount for the purpose of travelling and that you are also a signatory to the account too.

Also, ECO's are now directed to refuse visa applications based on all 5 reasons of Section 41 of the Immigration Rules, so it would not be only your company bank account that would have been a problem but also the fact that they were not satsified that that you would be genuine visitor based on the whole of Section 41

[b]Section 41. The requirements to be met by a person seeking leave to enter the United Kingdom as a visitor are that he:

(i) is genuinely seeking entry as a visitor for a limited period as stated by him, not exceeding 6 months; and

(ii) intends to leave the United Kingdom at the end of the period of the visit as stated by him; and

(iii) does not intend to take employment in the United Kingdom; and

(iv) does not intend to produce goods or provide services within the United Kingdom, including the selling of goods or services direct to members of the public; and

(v) does not intend to study at a maintained school; and

(vi) will maintain and accommodate himself and any dependants adequately out of resources available to him without recourse to public funds or taking employment; or will, with any dependants, be maintained and accommodated adequately by relatives or friends; and

(vii) can meet the cost of the return or onward journey.; and

(viii) is not a child under the age of 18.
[/b]

An ECO does not have the sole right to issue a Visa they are all quality-checked by the ECM before a Visa vignette is endorsed into any passport. It is not a lottery whose outcome depends on the "feel-good factor" of the officer in charge, the reasons for refusal are always given so if you are aggrieved with a decision you are free to seek for an initial reconsideration or appeal. 50% of Appeals do get overturned by the Appeal Judge at the AIT.

This thread has been monitored by the BHC since 2007
Re: British Embassy: Account Information Survey by shuffler: 10:17am On May 04, 2016
The uk actually confirm the account from our bank head quarters. The head quarter contact ur branch to conform if u issued the statement of account but they do not confirm d balance. Do not rush to put money in ur account as d account evaluation officer study ur account to no if ur account do sustain u or if ur business is doing gud. No fake document pass 2ru any more like b4.

1 Like

Re: British Embassy: Account Information Survey by Adekunle896: 6:44pm On Aug 12, 2023
Please does anyone know how the British embassy verify bank statements when they call bank?

Another question, do they actually ask about balances after confirming the statements?

(1) (Reply)

Jet Fuel Now ₦670 Per Litre From ₦170 - Airline Operators Cry Out / Shengen Schools Without Toefl Or Ielts: / Our Experience At Nigerian High Commission London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.