Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,318 members, 7,829,772 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

Atiku Abubakar Receives Ooni Ogunwusi At His Home - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Abubakar Receives Ooni Ogunwusi At His Home (24160 Views)

Governor Wike Receives Ooni And Sultan, Hails Nigerian Traditional Rulers (Photo / Atiku Abubakar Receives John Nnia Nwodo In Abuja (Photo) / Ambode Receives Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, At Government House, Ikeja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Abubakar Receives Ooni Ogunwusi At His Home by pretydiva(f): 9:53am On May 25, 2016
2nd buhari

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar Receives Ooni Ogunwusi At His Home by Dantalla(m): 9:54am On May 25, 2016
Totalman1:
I think this is not a good sign. D dignity of d throne should not be compromised for whatever political/economic gain.
Tradition entails that d Oba can send for Atiku and not d other way round...
Kabiyesi Ojaja dey fall my hand! cry cry undecided

Obviously, you are myopic, as a 24 century Oba you are to attract investors to your domain to fast-track development in your community, some times they even travel out of the country to do that. Oba Enitan business inclinations is unequal and 2nd to none. A YOUNG, RICH, RULER....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Abubakar Receives Ooni Ogunwusi At His Home by agborodun: 9:56am On May 25, 2016
In other news, Oba of benin appointed by oshiomole..
Re: Atiku Abubakar Receives Ooni Ogunwusi At His Home by ayampissed: 9:57am On May 25, 2016
Totalman1:
I think this is not a good sign. D dignity of d throne should not be compromised for whatever political/economic gain.
Tradition entails that d Oba can send for Atiku and not d other way round...
Kabiyesi Ojaja dey fall my hand! cry cry undecided

"if mohammed no go meet mountain, mountain go go meet mohammed - Anonymous"
Re: Atiku Abubakar Receives Ooni Ogunwusi At His Home by misterh(m): 9:57am On May 25, 2016
The Ooni was in Abuja for an event. The event was also attended by the Emir of Kano.

So the king did not leave his palace for the purpose of visiting Atiku.

Why not see Atiku while in Abuja?

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar Receives Ooni Ogunwusi At His Home by SHAIBULIAR: 9:57am On May 25, 2016
The only difference between this man and PMB is that he does local running while PMB's own na international

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar Receives Ooni Ogunwusi At His Home by TolaniLuv: 9:57am On May 25, 2016
jerseyboy:
Let nobody ever compare this throne to that of Benin. All this wakawaka weaken the institution.

He's Ooni of Ife and not Oba of Benin .

Ooni of Ife can visit and also he can be visited too!

Oba of Benin goes out once in a year! What's the usefulness of an Oba weh Deh go out 1 out of 365 days?
Re: Atiku Abubakar Receives Ooni Ogunwusi At His Home by Goke7: 9:58am On May 25, 2016
the truth is the younger generation of traditional rulers like sanusi and this ooni of ife had very enterprising lives where they gallivant here and there before they ascended their thrones, sitting their arse in a palace all year round is damn too boring so I can understand their predicament..

Reason I don't envy these obas these days, we call it royalty but to folks like sanusi and the ooni, they feel they have been imprisoned for life. I bet they are not finding it funny at all. They are only happy on the day of coronation bu after that, mhen na hell o
Re: Atiku Abubakar Receives Ooni Ogunwusi At His Home by Nobody: 10:01am On May 25, 2016
Why is the Oba the one visiting these people, it should be the other way around

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Abubakar Receives Ooni Ogunwusi At His Home by permsec: 10:02am On May 25, 2016
klassykute:
my village head is d oba of BENIN KINGDOM... THE ONLY KINGDOM AFTER . UNITED KINGDOM ...... D SECOND IN COMMAND AFTER GOD ..... OPEN UR EYES MY BRODA
Epic response. Not from Edo state though.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Receives Ooni Ogunwusi At His Home by Steph7u: 10:09am On May 25, 2016
[quote author=klassykute post=45944019]my village head is d oba of BENIN KINGDOM... THE ONLY KINGDOM AFTER . UNITED KINGDOM ...... D SECOND IN COMMAND AFTER GOD ..... OPEN UR EYES MY BRODA[/quote

Benin kingdom forgot asking for the meaning of OBA when we gave it to them! I know of OBALUAYE- The King of the universe and many other traditional names in YORUBA with OBA as prefix! Tell me one Word in Benin that connects with the word OBA apart from OMO'NOBA which is still YORUBA word and the real TITLE of the BENIN King! Just as every Yoruba OBA has a unique TITLE. Or, Probably OBA means something different in Benin! The whole world knows the world OBA is Yoruba, so tell me what it means in BENIN. FACTS ARE SACRED, opinions might not be!
Re: Atiku Abubakar Receives Ooni Ogunwusi At His Home by frisky2good(m): 10:15am On May 25, 2016
He has always been popular and connected. Maybe you mean more popular and more connected.

queenstl:
This man is gradually getting popular and connected
Re: Atiku Abubakar Receives Ooni Ogunwusi At His Home by akinboyo: 10:20am On May 25, 2016
Young and vibrant king! He still has the energy to move around, so no negative thinking.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Receives Ooni Ogunwusi At His Home by RICHBOI2(f): 10:32am On May 25, 2016
This Oni has downgraded himself to a beggar. Going from one rich man to another as a transient. I have no respect for him again.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Abubakar Receives Ooni Ogunwusi At His Home by delightf(f): 10:41am On May 25, 2016
Maybe he has nv seen him inlife so this great chance he had let him use it nah,it may not be 4 money as u think
Talkless nd hear more yorubas una 2talk wentin self if he even inite him to mk ur places loom good isit nt good everyting must nt be money money money,dis days now man talks a lot than women is2 bad...................he went 4 good result nt wat u guys re thinking
My muslim friends out there be geting read fast.as you fast may the Almighty God hear d prayer of the faifthful ones,
Re: Atiku Abubakar Receives Ooni Ogunwusi At His Home by OlaoChi: 11:09am On May 25, 2016
klassykute:
my village head is d oba of BENIN KINGDOM... THE ONLY KINGDOM AFTER . UNITED KINGDOM ...... D SECOND IN COMMAND AFTER GOD ..... OPEN UR EYES MY BRODA

and the Ooni is believed to be a God himself, so what are you saying
Re: Atiku Abubakar Receives Ooni Ogunwusi At His Home by Umarlulu: 11:10am On May 25, 2016
klassykute:
please where is this Benin located
Re: Atiku Abubakar Receives Ooni Ogunwusi At His Home by Nobody: 11:32am On May 25, 2016
klassykute:

The same Benin kingdom that was effortlessly conquered and governed by Oranmiyan, a Yoruba prince from Ile Ife!!
Re: Atiku Abubakar Receives Ooni Ogunwusi At His Home by Osyfellaini(f): 11:37am On May 25, 2016
Turaki Adamawa and Ooni of Ife… Men of the people.
We dey hail oooh.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar Receives Ooni Ogunwusi At His Home by ollygreen: 11:39am On May 25, 2016
sweetgala:

You must be very young and ill informed , he is yet to do up to 1% of what former ooni like Ademiluyi Ajagun and Adesoji Aderemi did.

He is just a travelling king who does not know how to gbeje. He is obviously using his current goodwill to build connection for his own ultimate benefit.
On point
Re: Atiku Abubakar Receives Ooni Ogunwusi At His Home by freshcvvs: 11:51am On May 25, 2016
folksync:

The same Benin kingdom that was effortlessly conquered and governed by Oranmiyan, a Yoruba prince from Ile Ife!!

I guess a drunk told you this. Prove me wrong.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Receives Ooni Ogunwusi At His Home by push23: 11:53am On May 25, 2016
princey83:

so titi would forget about Ilesha and instead invest in Ife.lol. nice try.

but seriously, this guy should calm down, he is taking the shine of the throne. With Sijuwade, you would come and visit him, and not the other way round.
Imagine the oba if Benin or the Alaafin or the sultan of sokoto jumping up and down to meet with politicians at their home.
Even buhari had to visit the emir's in katsina, and not the other way round.

[size=28pt]To correct you people in the newspaper. The correct name is the surdana of sokoto.. It will s newspaper manipulate. The correct title is surdana of sokoto

Your newspaper dont write the correct story

to[/size]
Re: Atiku Abubakar Receives Ooni Ogunwusi At His Home by Nobody: 12:00pm On May 25, 2016
freshcvvs:

I guess a drunk told you this. Prove me wrong.

I guess I was too deep for you!!

The very existence of Benin is tied to the exploits of the great Oranmiyan, an Ile Ife prince. He even gave Benin its original name!! His son even became the first oba of Benin. The Benin throne falls under the throne at Ile Ife!!
Re: Atiku Abubakar Receives Ooni Ogunwusi At His Home by Uncleshaga(m): 12:21pm On May 25, 2016
Flex ur throne Oba(Nwa chi mere eze)
Re: Atiku Abubakar Receives Ooni Ogunwusi At His Home by freshcvvs: 12:25pm On May 25, 2016
folksync:

I guess I was too deep for you!!

The very existence of Benin is tied to the exploits of the great Oranmiyan, an Ile Ife prince. He even gave Benin its original name!! His son even became the first oba of Benin. The Benin throne falls under the throne at Ile Ife!!

You still didn't answer me. A drunk told you. True or false?
Re: Atiku Abubakar Receives Ooni Ogunwusi At His Home by CarroltonFarms: 12:35pm On May 25, 2016
All these new breeds of "oba"s no even get chill at all! Growing up, I would always hear "oba no dey comot for palace","He who desires to see the king, must pay a visit to the palace!". Even recently an older uncle of mine, asked me when was the last time the queen of England was pictured at 10 downing? These so called "new" and "civilized" bunch in their quest to gain political connections and the monetary rewards that come with such influence, are damaging the very institution they are meant to preserve.

I'm not saying he can't meet people, but he shouldn't be the one paying people visits most especially when these visits are to "questionable","shady" moneybags. You are forever belittling the crown by doing such. Invite them to the palace, if you need to be in the capital city that often, find a suitable accommodation/place to serve as the crown's residence aka capital city palace of the ooni, and receive your visitors there. This is just my opinion! LONG LIVE THE KING!

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar Receives Ooni Ogunwusi At His Home by Mufasa27(m): 1:06pm On May 25, 2016
this new ooni is more of a celebrity than a monarch smiley

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar Receives Ooni Ogunwusi At His Home by decatalyst(m): 1:10pm On May 25, 2016
sweetgala:

You must be very young and ill informed , he is yet to do up to 1% of what former ooni like Ademiluyi Ajagun and Adesoji Aderemi did.

He is just a travelling king who does not know how to gbeje. He is obviously using his current goodwill to build connection for his own ultimate benefit.

I would have reply your quote with no reservation but then, I checked ur signature, profile pix...

Then all I can say is...

Re: Atiku Abubakar Receives Ooni Ogunwusi At His Home by livinbygrace: 1:38pm On May 25, 2016
Toosure70:
are you comparing the throne with you village ruler throne? Ife oodaye

Lets be realistic,this Oba jumping up and down does not make any sense again..Kings are meant to be visited in most times except on special occasions and that is why they re respected.Mind am a Yoruba.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Receives Ooni Ogunwusi At His Home by sweetgala(m): 5:27pm On May 25, 2016
decatalyst:

I would have reply your quote with no reservation but then, I checked ur signature, profile pix...

Then all I can say is...

Reply so I can destoy you today.

Because of an einsten meme and internet borrow pose signature you are forming intelligence .
Re: Atiku Abubakar Receives Ooni Ogunwusi At His Home by darkenrahl2(m): 6:02pm On May 25, 2016
This king and Buhari I don't know who dey travel pass
Re: Atiku Abubakar Receives Ooni Ogunwusi At His Home by decatalyst(m): 6:19pm On May 25, 2016
sweetgala:

Reply so I can destoy you today.

Because of an einsten meme and internet borrow pose signature you are forming intelligence .

See gram... grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CCB: Buratai Declared $1.5m Mansions In Wife’s Name / Tinubu Not Critically Sick With COVID-19 - Media Aide / UK ‘Was Urged To Investigate’ Ekweremadu Before Organ Trafficking Plot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.