Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,552 members, 7,837,111 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Shattered Rear Windscreen Altima 01 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Shattered Rear Windscreen Altima 01 (767 Views)

Lamborghini Owner Breaks Huracan's Windscreen While Showing Off His Supercar / Tips For Rainy Season Driving, Visibility And Defogging The Windscreen / Car Quiz - Tell Us The Names Of These Cars Using Their Rear Lights (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shattered Rear Windscreen Altima 01 by oluwafemi89(m): 7:01am On May 25, 2016
Hello Gurus;

I need help. My 2001 Nissan Altima rear windscreen glass just explode & shatters on its own!

Please What could be the cause??

Any idea of the price to replace it
Re: Shattered Rear Windscreen Altima 01 by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:28pm On May 25, 2016
oluwafemi89:
Hello Gurus;

I need help. My 2001 Nissan Altima rear windscreen glass just explode & shatters on its own!

pics of your newly installed rear glass please. Hope it was done well?
Re: Shattered Rear Windscreen Altima 01 by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:34pm On May 25, 2016
The 2003 Honda Accord rear screen, like the windshield is bonded. By this, I mean it's not the regular rubber-sealed glass, that is pulled into place with a length of cord.

Bonded screens are structural, they help maintain rigidity of the body shell.

01) The screen will break, if the frame / recess is distorted, and the glass is forced to fit.
02) The screen will break, if the wrong bonding agent is used, and it dries rigid, thus allowing no "flex".
03) The screen will break, if the chassis is distorted, and the vehicle is parked on uneven ground.
04) The screen will break, if the chassis is cracked, and the suspension is too stiff, causing the bodyshell to distort.
05) The screen will break, if the old bonding agent was not removed, and there were uneven spots, putting strain on the glass.
06) The screen will break, if you've slept with your neighbour's wife, prompting him to strike your screen with a hammer.
07) The screen will break, if you have unpaid debts, prompting your creditors to strike your screen with multiple hammers.

You need to get your car checked by a pro, for possible causes 01 - 05.
You need to do some soul searching, for possible causes 06 - 07.

I wish you all the best.

I'm quoting my oga grin

https://www.nairaland.com/1864804/causes-windscreen-glass-shattering-own

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shattered Rear Windscreen Altima 01 by sunnydayasaba(m): 6:34pm On May 25, 2016
oluwafemi89:
Hello Gurus;

Expired. Windscreens do expires incase you don't know
Re: Shattered Rear Windscreen Altima 01 by oluwafemi89(m): 10:28am On May 26, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

pics of your newly installed rear glass please. Hope it was done well?

Yes, I will update with the pix as soon as I go down my office..

(1) (Reply)

See The New Transparent Car Unveiled In Germany (photos) / Pros And Cons between toyota 4 Runner And Mitsubishi Pajero / Any Implication Revving A Car At Idle?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.