Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,733 members, 7,862,390 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 03:21 PM

When Will Nigeria Change - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Will Nigeria Change (346 Views)

In What Year Will Nigeria Have This Kind Bridge ? / Will Nigeria Ever Give Niger-deltans Resource Control? / When Will Nigeria Change? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

When Will Nigeria Change by Olamilite: 8:16am On May 25, 2016
A compatriot curiously asked, "When will Nigeria change?" What came to my mind was, "now is the time for change". But it seems that, just a section of our society want this change, and it occurs to me that we don't mean what we are saying. Our body language is still indifference to this change we are clamouring for. Or, does the Change in context means changing from one political party to another, as it has been common practice of our political gladiators, only to pursue their selfish/self centred goals, or does change means changing of political parties names?

I think the change we ought to be clamouring and working toward is orientational and attitudinal change from self centredness to masses centred programmes and delivery of dividends of democracy that will bring about development in all sectors of our economy. A situation where rule of law will be our guiding principle and things done orderly with no room for corruption at all.

Then, if this is the change we are looking for; I doubt if any of our present political parties actually have this change embedded in their ideologies; thus, making our search for change a tedious and complicated but still achieveable task.

As you don't become a graduate by merely chorusing it with your mouth, rather follow such claim with action(s), so also is this issue of change. If Nigeria will experience any meaningful change; you and I have a role to play. If we get it right at individuals level, there is a possibility of getting it right in our local communities, local government, state levels and eventually at the national level.

You and I must change our attitude and do things reasonably, it is then we can convince others to turn a new leaf. We must be awake to our responsibilities and discharge same as appropriate, we must be able to question our representatives without fear or favourism, stand for our right and above all, get it right at the poll by electing credible candidates and desist from selling our birthright for a morsel.

Why will you be used as political thug? When the children of your boss are else where enjoying the comfort of developed world, while not force your political boss to do the right things that will bring about development in our society. It is then our leaders can be answerable to us, when it will be known to them that, power is with the masses and if they abuse masses' mandate deliver to them, the people can call them back. It is when these are done that we can say we are on the path of positive change in our society.

Once again, this change will start with you and me. And Nigeria will only change, when Nigerians(you and I) would have change from our old wrong ways of doing things, hence, we are a major determinate factor of when Nigeria will change. Yes, we can!

http://olalekanlawalblog..nl/2016/04/when-will-nigeria-change.html?m=1
Re: When Will Nigeria Change by deepfreeze(m): 8:26am On May 25, 2016
Toh, I guess you just played your part then..

(1) (Reply)

Group Blasts Fayose Over Comments On 'missing' Chibok Girls / NASS Finally Decides To Adopt Electronic Voting System / Bed Bug Fumigation And Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.