Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,810 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

Stella Chinelo Emelife: UDUS Best Graduating Student And Injustice - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Stella Chinelo Emelife: UDUS Best Graduating Student And Injustice (37071 Views)

Chinelo Okafor Receives N100,000 From AfricLearn For Making First Class In UNN / Chinelo Okafor Jennifer Receives 26000 As UNN Best Graduating Student In Faculty / Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stella Chinelo Emelife: UDUS Best Graduating Student And Injustice by castel428: 7:19pm On May 25, 2016
Injustice To The Best Graduating Student Of Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto.

Recently it has been trending over the internet about academically outstanding students who backed first class in different Universities with an overwhelming CGPAs. Some of them like IMSU and UNILag first class graduates are very fortunate to have received adequate media attention and corresponding rewards from their School and corporate bodies which they unequivocally deserve because it is not an easy feat.

Unfortunately the reverse was the case for the 2012/2013 academic set first class graduate of Applied Chemistry of Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto in the person of Miss Stella Chinelo Emelife who turned out to be the overall best in not only her faculty but in all the faculties of that academic year, backing a CGPA of 4.86.

Universities have been organising their convocation and recognizing their best graduating students, giving them employment offers, scholarships, cash,cars etc. Nobody heard anything about Usmanu danfodiyo University because it was nothing to write home about from we the graduants point of view. This is how it happened:

This prestigious University recently organised their 32nd, 33rd, and 34th convocation on March 19 2016 where the likes of Tinubu, Governor Ambode, Oba of Lagos, Fashola, and host of other dignitaries graced the occasion. Miss Stella was also invited to come and receive her award, but the convocation later turned out to be a political affair which wouldn’t have been an issue knowing what convocations are like in Nigeria just that in this case it was all about conferring Honorary Doctorate Degrees to those invited politicians. Miss Stella and other Graduants were totally ignored, they were left to sweat in their convocation gowns while they feebly clapped and cheered the politicians. It was a total mess.
Finally after the day was almost gone and some graduants have left in anger, the M.C merely rushed through the names of graduating students only pausing briefly to mention “the best graduating student of 2012/2013 academic session is Miss Stella Chinelo Emelife. Congratulations”. We were expecting some kind of standing ovation and Stella mounting the podium to collect her award but just like in a movie the M.C continued calling the names of other first class graduates of various departments!

After the event she was called and given the sum of fifty thousand naira (50,000) but her recognition certificate was not given because it was yet to be signed by the V.C. No employment offer, no scholarship no recognition was given to this young lady. Despite all she passed through, all the persecution yet she came out as the over all best, the first female non Hausa Christian to achieve such academic feat in Usmanu Danfodiyo University. It is now I know why this University which is also my alma mater has not attained national recognition which it much deserved because the school does not recognize its graduates. There are lots of intellectuals this University produce every year but none are recognized. In other university Miss Stella would have been automatically retained coz no sane institution would want to lose such academic asset.

I use this medium to call on the management of Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto, the government, corporate organisations to do something and correct this injustice and indifferent attitude meted out on this young lady and let the right thing be done. Let tribalism not cloud our sense of judgement.

below is her pics and her result.
Please mods, help show her to the world.

44 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Stella Chinelo Emelife: UDUS Best Graduating Student And Injustice by Fxwarrior: 7:41pm On May 25, 2016
Post the pishure joor.

First class nose be beans o.
I knew it was true. Oya transcript remain.

Lala kilode? Baba o. Ejoor.

4 Likes

Re: Stella Chinelo Emelife: UDUS Best Graduating Student And Injustice by castel428: 7:50pm On May 25, 2016
Fxwarrior:
Post the pishure joor.

First class nose be beans o.
I knew it was true. Oya transcript remain.

Lala kilode? Baba o. Ejoor.
boss am gonna upload the result soon.
Re: Stella Chinelo Emelife: UDUS Best Graduating Student And Injustice by chumaster(m): 8:06pm On May 25, 2016
Politicians having it all since 1960,
probabily the young lady don't know somebody that knows the friend of the cousin of a top politiciangringrin

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stella Chinelo Emelife: UDUS Best Graduating Student And Injustice by castel428: 8:36pm On May 25, 2016
chumaster:
Politicians having it all since 1960,
probabily the young lady don't know somebody that knows the friend of the cousin of a top politiciangringrin
that is very bad, that is why the standard of education in Nigeria will keep nose diving. people like this should be celebrated instead we celebrate polithiefians. May God help our youths

7 Likes

Re: Stella Chinelo Emelife: UDUS Best Graduating Student And Injustice by castel428: 8:40pm On May 25, 2016
Lala pls lets celebrate one of our own, at least 'congratulations' from nairalanders will be something

2 Likes

Re: Stella Chinelo Emelife: UDUS Best Graduating Student And Injustice by chumaster(m): 8:42pm On May 25, 2016
castel428:

that is very bad, that is why the standard of education in Nigeria will keep nose diving. people like this should be celebrated instead we celebrate polithiefians. May God help our youths
and beauty prostitutes queens

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stella Chinelo Emelife: UDUS Best Graduating Student And Injustice by zik4ever: 9:07pm On May 25, 2016
My younger brother graduated from this university and there is gross discrimination in the school. It is obvious why she wasn't recognized. She is a second class citizen of this country. The stories my brother told me, made me wonder why the Press has not publicized such level of persecution, discrimination and parochialism. Please note that it is not limited to that school. Why do we keep deceiving ourselves? Have we not followed recent reports of forceful abductions and so-called conversion of teenage girls? It is not new as many would think, just that it is gradually coming out. It's a shame if you know man's inhumanity to fellow mankind.

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stella Chinelo Emelife: UDUS Best Graduating Student And Injustice by castel428: 9:08pm On May 25, 2016
fynestboi how this one go be
Re: Stella Chinelo Emelife: UDUS Best Graduating Student And Injustice by Nobody: 9:11pm On May 25, 2016
when she is not hausa/fulani unko what do u expect lol,or her name should have been aisha naggggggooooooo?then she would be considered, op it seems you dont know the yeye triballistic country you come from.i wish her success in her future endevours sha

29 Likes

Re: Stella Chinelo Emelife: UDUS Best Graduating Student And Injustice by castel428: 9:27pm On May 25, 2016
zik4ever:
My younger brother graduated from this university and there is gross discrimination in the school. It is obvious why she wasn't recognized. She is a second class citizen of this country. The stories my brother told me, made me wonder why the Press has not publicized such level of persecution, discrimination and parochialism. Please note that it is not limited to that school. Why do we keep deceiving ourselves? Have we not followed recent reports of forceful abductions and so-called conversion of teenage girls? It is not new as many would think, just that it is gradually coming out. It's a shame if you know man's inhumanity to fellow mankind.
My brother you said it all. Usmanu Danfodiyo is a great institution that parades the best brains, good structures and everything a federal university should have but unfortunately it is not given the recognition it should have. this is a University that is supposed to be mentioned alongside ABU Zaria, OAU and other top federal universities but that is not so. I dont know whether to attribute it to the conservative nature and cultural orientation of the school environment. Yes the school is termed the most peaceful university in Nigeria, of course they earned it but they have inadvertently become 'the most silent' too. so na who their peace help? It is high time we the graduates of this great institution do something to save her image by pushing her to the lime light.
proudly #Danfodite. If you are one pls show yourself

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stella Chinelo Emelife: UDUS Best Graduating Student And Injustice by castel428: 9:39pm On May 25, 2016
stephenmorris:
when she is not hausa/fulani unko what do u expect lol,or her name should have been aisha naggggggooooooo?then she would be considered, op it seems you dont know the yeye triballistic country you come from.i wish her success in her future endevours sha
Amen to your prayers

3 Likes

Re: Stella Chinelo Emelife: UDUS Best Graduating Student And Injustice by castel428: 9:41pm On May 25, 2016
Lalasticlala ejoo help her ministry.
Re: Stella Chinelo Emelife: UDUS Best Graduating Student And Injustice by calmdude(m): 10:14pm On May 25, 2016
She resemble person wen I don see before abeg op where she take do her service
BTW first class in chemistry no be beans o, the girl try die ...one of the toughest courses you will encounter in the university

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stella Chinelo Emelife: UDUS Best Graduating Student And Injustice by lukency(m): 10:33pm On May 25, 2016
She shld be gr8ful that she was offered admision to study there.

5 Likes

Re: Stella Chinelo Emelife: UDUS Best Graduating Student And Injustice by SonOfEl(m): 10:54pm On May 25, 2016
UDU can't stop her shine. Keep it up Ms. Emelife!

2 Likes

Re: Stella Chinelo Emelife: UDUS Best Graduating Student And Injustice by Hasawa(m): 11:08pm On May 25, 2016
castel428:

My brother you said it all. Usmanu Danfodiyo is a great institution that parades the best brains, good structures and everything a federal university should have but unfortunately it is not given the recognition it should have. this is a University that is supposed to be mentioned alongside ABU Zaria, OAU and other top federal universities but that is not so. I dont know whether to attribute it to the conservative nature and cultural orientation of the school environment. Yes the school is termed the most peaceful university in Nigeria, of course they earned it but they have inadvertently become 'the most silent' too. so na who their peace help? It is high time we the graduates of this great institution do something to save her image by pushing her to the lime light.
proudly #Danfodite.

3 Likes

Re: Stella Chinelo Emelife: UDUS Best Graduating Student And Injustice by Rapsowdee01(m): 11:26pm On May 25, 2016
But hol up !! who's their governor sef ??

2 Likes

Re: Stella Chinelo Emelife: UDUS Best Graduating Student And Injustice by Mustay(m): 12:48am On May 26, 2016
^^^

Aminu Tambuwal is the Governor of Sokoto State.

UDUS is a Federal School.

Oba Rilwan Akiolu (of Lagos) is the school's Chancellor.

Btw, OP, it's "bagged" and not "backed". Additionally, all I have seen here is the lack of media attention and recognition on the supposedly best graduating student. The OP has given a narrative that it is due to bigotry.

I hope the person in question has collected her certificate because I would not advise putting her into 'more trouble' if you have not made steps or efforts to ask the school authorities. Don't let social media users lure you all the time with the "picture or no proof" voices. You need to be tactful in dealing with certain matters.

Here is a one-sided conversation which unfortunately I cannot rely on for good reasons. What are the procedures involved in giving employment to 1st class graduates? Has she completed her NYSC? What plans does the school authority have for its best graduating student? What plans (if any) do you know they have for her?

Methinks that aside the media celebration or glitz which you're disappointed in (and which could be ascribed to poor event management as seen in your narration), the other issues are ones you can't quickly conclude.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stella Chinelo Emelife: UDUS Best Graduating Student And Injustice by malton: 1:31am On May 26, 2016
castel428:

Hmmm... What the guy you quoted inferred and what you're saying do not correlate in anyway. He implied that she wasn't recognized due solely to her ethnicity... while you're yapping a whole 'nother thing.

2 Likes

Re: Stella Chinelo Emelife: UDUS Best Graduating Student And Injustice by Kingzy4pep(m): 5:46am On May 26, 2016
Mustay:
^^^

Aminu Tambuwal is the Governor of Sokoto State.

UDUS is a Federal School.

Oba Rilwan Akiolu (of Lagos) is the school's Chancellor.

Btw, OP, it's "bagged" and not "backed". Additionally, all I have seen here is the lack of media attention and recognition on the supposedly best graduating student. The OP has given a narrative that it is due to bigotry.

I hope the person in question has collected her certificate because I would not advise putting her into 'more trouble' if you have not made steps or efforts to ask the school authorities. Don't let social media users lure you all the time with the "picture or no proof" voices. You need to be tactful in dealing with certain matters.

Here is a one-sided conversation which unfortunately I cannot rely on for good reasons. What are the procedures involved in giving employment to 1st class graduates? Has she completed her NYSC? What plans does the school authority have for its best graduating student? What plans (if any) do you know they have for her?

Methinks that aside the media celebration or glitz which you're disappointed in (and which could be ascribed to poor event management as seen in your narration), the other issues are ones you can't quickly conclude.
You spoke well anyway, but to the best of my knowledge, I have to also let you know that there are no laid down procedures in employing the best graduating student.
It's always done on that day of the convocation.
During our's, the dude was employed that day and was given a scholarship to further in any school of his choice(overseas).

3 Likes

Re: Stella Chinelo Emelife: UDUS Best Graduating Student And Injustice by moscobabs(m): 5:48am On May 26, 2016
Nigerians!!!!

why are u complaining pls?

this is irrelevant.

The sch gave u your Certificate and #50k is that not enough ?

oihhh u need media attentions?

Thank God for Nairaland we have seen u.

Nairaland join me to acknowledge the Overall best student of UDU in the 2012/13 academic session!!!! Attached are pictures of her and her pretty certificate.

iranu... Better face your destiny baby there are lost of 1st class owners in the market.

22 Likes

Re: Stella Chinelo Emelife: UDUS Best Graduating Student And Injustice by hahn(m): 6:49am On May 26, 2016
moscobabs:
Nigerians!!!!

this is irrelevant.

Nairaland join me to acknowledge the Overall best student of UDU in the 2012/13 academic session!!!! Attached are pictures of her and her pretty certificate.

iranu... Better face your destiny baby there are lost of 1st class owners in the market.

So, you are supporting that excellence shouldn't be celebrated? You are part of the problem in this country undecided

15 Likes

Re: Stella Chinelo Emelife: UDUS Best Graduating Student And Injustice by castel428: 7:35am On May 26, 2016
the shallow mindedness of some people baffles me, you just pick up ur phone to comment on any post without reading in between the lines. For information the OP is also a graduate of UDUS and he got his fact right before writing this, the convoc took place 2 months ago and till now no contact from the school.you may never know what it feels like to be denied of your right coz u dnt knw what it takes to hit 4.86 CGPA in a course like that in a school like UDUs, you may never understand. lets stop hating and be sincere and put ourselves in her shoes.it is not a must to comment.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stella Chinelo Emelife: UDUS Best Graduating Student And Injustice by Mubby4luv(m): 7:38am On May 26, 2016
moscobabs:
Nigerians!!!!

this is irrelevant.

Well said. Proudly Danfodite

4 Likes

Re: Stella Chinelo Emelife: UDUS Best Graduating Student And Injustice by IamPrince1: 9:37am On May 26, 2016
Danfodites indeed. I now realised that the so called danfodites are reason why such great institution as Danfodiyo remains below ranking even lower the some state universities! Others are busy celebrating their schools and their best graduating students thereby pushing their institution to the spotlight but Danfodites are no where to be found. even to create ordinary thread promoting the school like others do, they cant now when someone has offered them the opportunity by creating such like this they come here spewing thrash. OP thank you for this opportunity of pushing Danfodiyo to the spotlight because i feel embarrassed anytime I was asked where I graduated from because the next question will be 'which school is that?' I will now have to add 'Sokoto' to the Usmanu Danfodiyo before they will know, and sometimes will sarcastically add 'oh that Hausa school? I am presently serving in Lagos and this is what I encounter all the time. But because I know my school and what It takes to graduate with 2.2 from there not to talk of first class, I have to always hold my head up to defend the school and my 2.1. It is not easy to defend when you have unjustly termed a dullard even before you open your mouth to talk just because you graduated from UDUs which they hardly hear of.It is quite embarrassing that the head teacher of Economics in PPA had to hang around the classroom from the first 3weeks whenever I was teaching Economics to the senior classes because she didnt have the confidence that a 2.1 graduate of Economics Education from UDUs was gonna be competent.I had to go extra mile to prove her wrong. Now someone that bagged first class in Applied Chemistry (Industrial Chemistry) with whooping CGPA of 4.86 was totally ignored by the school and all you so called Danfodites could was to be commenting rubbish, further proving to the whole world your ineptitude.It is better to keep quiet be assumed a fool than to open your vocal cavity, removing all doubts what you are.
Congrats Dear. It's quite unfortunate that such rare brain as yours will be slaughtered on the altar of tribalism.
My advice, fu.k them and find your way and obtain your Msc if you havent, possibly if you can get it outside the country the better.great opportunities await you coz you are a prized asset any institution will like to have.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stella Chinelo Emelife: UDUS Best Graduating Student And Injustice by IamPrince1: 9:54am On May 26, 2016
castel428:
Recently it has been trending over the internet about academically outstanding students who backed first class in different Universities with an overwhelming CGPAs. Some of them like IMSU and UNILag first class graduates are very fortunate to have received adequate media attention and corresponding rewards from their School and corporate bodies which they unequivocally deserve because it is not an easy feat.

Unfortunately the reverse was the case for the 2012/2013 academic set first class graduate of Applied Chemistry of Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto in the person of Miss Stella Chinelo Emelife who turned out to be the overall best in not only her faculty but in all the faculties of that academic year, backing a CGPA of 4.86.

Universities have been organising their convocation and recognizing their best graduating students, giving them employment offers, scholarships, cash,cars etc. Nobody heard anything about Usmanu danfodiyo University because it was nothing to write home about from we the graduants point of view. This is how it happened:

This prestigious University recently organised their 32nd, 33rd, and 34th convocation on March 19 2016 where the likes of Tinubu, Governor Ambode, Oba of Lagos, Fashola, and host of other dignitaries graced the occasion. Miss Stella was also invited to come and receive her award, but the convocation later turned out to be a political affair which wouldn’t have been an issue knowing what convocations are like in Nigeria just that in this case it was all about conferring Honorary Doctorate Degrees to those invited politicians. Miss Stella and other Graduants were totally ignored, they were left to sweat in their convocation gowns while they feebly clapped and cheered the politicians. It was a total mess.
Finally after the day was almost gone and some graduants have left in anger, the M.C merely rushed through the names of graduating students only pausing briefly to mention “the best graduating student of 2012/2013 academic session is Miss Stella Chinelo Emelife. Congratulations”. We were expecting some kind of standing ovation and Stella mounting the podium to collect her award but just like in a movie the M.C continued calling the names of other first class graduates of various departments!

After the event she was called and given the sum of fifty thousand naira (50,000) but her recognition certificate was not given because it was yet to be signed by the V.C. No employment offer, no scholarship no recognition was given to this young lady. Despite all she passed through, all the persecution yet she came out as the over all best, the first female non Hausa Christian to achieve such academic feat in Usmanu Danfodiyo University. It is now I know why this University which is also my alma mater has not attained national recognition which it much deserved because the school does not recognize its graduates. There are lots of intellectuals this University produce every year but none are recognized. In other university Miss Stella would have been automatically retained coz no sane institution would want to lose such academic asset.

I use this medium to call on the management of Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto, the government, corporate organisations to do something and correct this injustice and indifferent attitude meted out on this young lady and let the right thing be done. Let tribalism not cloud our sense of judgement.

below is her pics and her result.
Please Lalasticlala help show her to the world.

FP material Lalasticlala
Re: Stella Chinelo Emelife: UDUS Best Graduating Student And Injustice by mrbillz(m): 10:01am On May 26, 2016
Injustice has been done. Lalasticlacla please do justice to this thread and move it to front page ASAP Biko
Re: Stella Chinelo Emelife: UDUS Best Graduating Student And Injustice by olafum1(m): 10:17am On May 26, 2016
even if politics is to be played with everything, not with Education and Health...

I weep for Naijiria cry cry

3 Likes

Re: Stella Chinelo Emelife: UDUS Best Graduating Student And Injustice by sweethoneypie(f): 10:25am On May 26, 2016
Its actually a norm in the northern university, they oftentimes do not appreciate excellence of their first class graduates especially if one is not an indigene.

4 Likes

Re: Stella Chinelo Emelife: UDUS Best Graduating Student And Injustice by tempest01(m): 10:37am On May 26, 2016
this should make FP...she deserves it

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

CKC Onitsha Produced 3 Governors And Notable Personalities In Nigeria / Hilarious Letter Of A Secondary School Girl / FUTA Students Made To Kneel Down By Lecturer (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.