Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

What Exactly Is Wrong With Cohabiting? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Exactly Is Wrong With Cohabiting? (3022 Views)

What Is Wrong With My Mom? / Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? / Anything Wrong With Sleeping In This Position With My Sister? - Jayzeez (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Exactly Is Wrong With Cohabiting? by apexquest(m): 8:00pm On May 25, 2016
I have often thought about this issue, it still bothers me that some folks will outrightly condemn the act.
If two mature individual mutually agree to stay together, what is wrong about that??

I seriously need clarifications.

Kindly share your views, if u can.
Re: What Exactly Is Wrong With Cohabiting? by VocalWalls: 8:03pm On May 25, 2016
everything...

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is Wrong With Cohabiting? by tee59(f): 8:07pm On May 25, 2016
If dat s ur decision of cohabiting with sm1, is dat our business? But dnt com here later to share ur bitter experience.

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is Wrong With Cohabiting? by Cutehector(m): 8:13pm On May 25, 2016
Watch the movie "bad room mates"

Den get bak to me

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is Wrong With Cohabiting? by apexquest(m): 8:16pm On May 25, 2016
tee59:
If dat s ur decision of cohabiting with sm1, is dat our business? But dnt com here later to share ur bitter experience.
It's not just about whether it's my decision or not.
Somebody is considering doing it as I type this.
For the record I have seen somebody who did it before marriage, n is happily married now.
Re: What Exactly Is Wrong With Cohabiting? by apexquest(m): 8:17pm On May 25, 2016
Cutehector:

Den get bak to me
Nigerian??
Re: What Exactly Is Wrong With Cohabiting? by Cutehector(m): 8:21pm On May 25, 2016
apexquest:

Nigerian??
nollywood fit shoot movie call the name bad room mates? cool if u see a title of a Nigerian movie, u shall know

Broken Palace

Kingdom of the Witch

Kingdom of the witch reloaded grin

Haba bros, the movie na holly wood sha.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Is Wrong With Cohabiting? by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 8:41pm On May 25, 2016
apexquest:
I have often thought about this issue, it still bothers me that some folks will outrightly condemn the act.
If two mature individual mutually agree to stay together, what is wrong about that??

I seriously need clarifications.

Kindly share your views, if u can.
The simple problem with cohabiting is that it is never mutual, or symbiotic. It always occurs with the woman being the leech and living off the poor unsuspecting lad; she lives rent free, free food and sometimes even down to toiletries. And what does the loving boyfriend get, SEX!!... the same sex he would have gotten for 1/20th the price at a cool brothel. If cohabitation is mutual, with all bills split and totally symbiotic then no problem.

8 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is Wrong With Cohabiting? by apexquest(m): 9:12am On May 26, 2016
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:

The simple problem with cohabiting is that it is never mutual, or symbiotic. It always occurs with the woman being the leech and living off the poor unsuspecting lad; she lives rent free, free food and sometimes even down to toiletries. And what does the loving boyfriend get, SEX!!... the same sex he would have gotten for 1/20th the price at a cool brothel. If cohabitation is mutual, with all bills split and totally symbiotic then no problem.
Nice points you highlighted my brother..
But I still wonder, why any body would want to harbour a LEECH.
IMO, I think a 50:50 mutual splitting of Bill between a male and a female is practically impossible.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is Wrong With Cohabiting? by apexquest(m): 9:19am On May 26, 2016
Cutehector:

Den get bak to me
Is it 'Bad roomies', u mean?? Can't seem to find the movie with that your title.
Re: What Exactly Is Wrong With Cohabiting? by jashar(f): 11:10am On May 26, 2016
People that condemn cohabiting are usually moralists or 'religious' folks.

Say No To Cohabitation grin.

I keep telling people, women are at the loosing/receiving end most times in life. Make wise choices.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is Wrong With Cohabiting? by Cutehector(m): 12:18pm On May 26, 2016
apexquest:

Is it 'Bad roomies', u mean??
Can't seem to find the movie with that your title.
oh yes! Bad roomies. My bad. The correct title is Bad roomies
Re: What Exactly Is Wrong With Cohabiting? by Mhoxune(f): 1:27pm On May 26, 2016
It's outrightly wrong coz this is Africa....... Fine, it's being practised in some developed countries coz they can handle it maturely but here, it's being abused.
Re: What Exactly Is Wrong With Cohabiting? by Nobody: 1:30pm On May 26, 2016
Everyone has got bad sides, it usually comes to limelight with too long time together which comes as a result of marriage or cohabiting.
When in marriage we make room to accommodate the lapses... No body wants to divorce
when in cohabiting one person tries to run away.. No time for wahala

In a nutshell cohabiting is not for the faint at heart
Re: What Exactly Is Wrong With Cohabiting? by Houseofglam7(f): 1:33pm On May 26, 2016
Ain't gonna judge anyone.
If you wan cohabit, e concern you.

I'm thinking of better things.
Re: What Exactly Is Wrong With Cohabiting? by lovingT(f): 2:25pm On May 26, 2016
Everything. Anything worth doing is what doing well n right.
Re: What Exactly Is Wrong With Cohabiting? by donephi(m): 3:29pm On May 26, 2016
Houseofglam7:
Ain't gonna judge anyone.
If you wan cohabit, e concern you.

I'm thinking of better things.
This babe self
Re: What Exactly Is Wrong With Cohabiting? by PresVA: 3:43pm On May 26, 2016
Imagine my daughter going to cohabit with a guy in the Uni...afterall she's an adult abi? Mtcheeew angry angry
Re: What Exactly Is Wrong With Cohabiting? by quivah(f): 4:02pm On May 26, 2016
PresVA:
Imagine my daughter going to cohabit with a guy in the Uni...afterall she's an adult abi? Mtcheeew angry angry
So, its wrong for your girl child to cohabit but the boy child?

@op I wont take it lightly if any of my kids cohabit, in the university or outside school..
Re: What Exactly Is Wrong With Cohabiting? by PresVA: 4:39pm On May 26, 2016
quivah:

So, its wrong for your girl child to cohabit but the boy child?

@op I wont take it lightly if any of my kids cohabit, in the university or outside school..
@bolded, where did you see such in my comment? undecided ....
barely gave an example
Re: What Exactly Is Wrong With Cohabiting? by apexquest(m): 8:46pm On May 26, 2016
Mhoxune:
It's outrightly wrong coz this is Africa....... Fine, it's being practised in some developed countries coz they can handle it maturely but here, it's being abused.
Africans do cohabit, or how do you explain all these 'go put money for your wife head' that is very common.

Except at the point were it's no longer mutual, I still do not think it's really as bad as some people make it seem.
Re: What Exactly Is Wrong With Cohabiting? by Houseofglam7(f): 9:11pm On May 26, 2016
donephi:

This babe self
What I do? cool
Re: What Exactly Is Wrong With Cohabiting? by Wyntah: 9:11pm On May 26, 2016
People cohabit for varying reasons. What is your reason? And you need to know if the person you cohabit with will not lose his or her self esteem while living with you cos some people actually mind how their neighbours rate them.
Re: What Exactly Is Wrong With Cohabiting? by Ishilove: 10:20pm On May 26, 2016
apexquest:

Africans do cohabit, or how do you explain all these 'go put money for your wife head' that is very common.

Except at the point were it's no longer mutual, I still do not think it's really as bad as some people make it seem.
In the days of old co-habiting was a taboo, but slowly it began to gain ground. Now it is now 'normal'.

The thing is this: co-habiting is wrong because as women, we are giving the man husband rights when he hasn't paid our bride price. A boyfriend, even a long standing one is NOT a husband.

Society is so decayed that we have been desensitised to all kind of immoral lifestyles. By the time you co-habit and you two obey the laws of 'see finish', they will come to NL to create threads on how all men/women are the same.

If you date 5 men before you finally settle in marriage, are you going to live with all five? It is wrong on all counts.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Exactly Is Wrong With Cohabiting? by shollyblingzy: 1:45pm On May 27, 2016
cohabiting is very wrong, my advice

HE WHO WANT TO MILK A COW SHOULD GO AND BUY COW

how many % of those cohabiting end up in marriage, what is bad is bad, please ladies wise up, do not be used up by a man and later send you packing on top one slight mistake you committed, just because he has seen all of you, and then no satisfaction he derives from you again!!!

cohabiting gives room for immoralities, no one should come here to tell me they are both mature, we as adults should live an exemplary lives for our young ones to emulate, not the other way round

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Exactly Is Wrong With Cohabiting? by Nobody: 3:22pm On May 27, 2016
favoured234:
Everyone has got bad sides, it usually comes to limelight with too long time together which comes as a result of marriage or cohabiting.
When in marriage we make room to accommodate the lapses... No body wants to divorce
when in cohabiting one person tries to run away.. No time for wahala

In a nutshell cohabiting is not for the faint at heart

And marriage is for those who need to imprison someone before they see how rotten they are? grin

3 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is Wrong With Cohabiting? by crackhaus: 3:29pm On May 27, 2016
Mindfulness:

And marriage is for those who need to imprison someone before they see how rotten they are? grin
More or less, by her reckoning it seems.

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is Wrong With Cohabiting? by crackhaus: 3:35pm On May 27, 2016
shollyblingzy:
cohabiting is very wrong, my advice

HE WHO WANT TO MILK A COW SHOULD GO AND BUY COW

how many % of those cohabiting end up in marriage, what is bad is bad, please ladies wise up, do not be used up by a man and later send you packing on top one slight mistake you committed, just because he has seen all of you, and then no satisfaction he derives from you again!!!

cohabiting gives room for immoralities, no one should come here to tell me they are both mature, we as adults should live an exemplary lives for our young ones to emulate, not the other way round
Both the guy and the girl were having sex and enjoying it together, but when shiit hits the fan it's usually the girl that got used. gringrin

Was the guy not also used, and has the girl not also seen all of him?

No victor no vanquished in this matter oo. grin

7 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is Wrong With Cohabiting? by Nobody: 3:40pm On May 27, 2016
crackhaus:

More or less, by her reckoning it seems.

This is way of thinking seems to be very common.
Re: What Exactly Is Wrong With Cohabiting? by crackhaus: 3:44pm On May 27, 2016
Mindfulness:

This is way of thinking seems to be very common.
It's more common these days because people are beginning to realize from seeing/observing other people struggle in their marriages, that things aren't always as they seem on the surface.

3 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is Wrong With Cohabiting? by Nobody: 3:55pm On May 27, 2016
crackhaus:

It's more common these days because people are beginning to realize from seeing/observing other people struggle in their marriages, that things aren't always as they seem on the surface.

If they know that it is not as romantic as in the movies, why would they condemn cohabitation and rush into marriage?
Re: What Exactly Is Wrong With Cohabiting? by 5minsmadness: 4:15pm On May 27, 2016
Cohabiting has no legal checks.
Both partners can do as they like and if one decides to take advantage of the other there is virtually nothing in place to stop them.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos: Funny Things Kids Do When Left Alone / My Sister-in-law Is Trying To Seduce Me / Too Much Affection Is Blinding My Best Friend. Advise!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.