Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:52 AM

LASU, UNILAG, UNIJOS Will Defy ASUU To Conduct Post-UME's - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / LASU, UNILAG, UNIJOS Will Defy ASUU To Conduct Post-UME's (4022 Views)

FG Forced ASUU To Embark On Strike / ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday / Breaking News: ASUU To Embark On Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

LASU, UNILAG, UNIJOS Will Defy ASUU To Conduct Post-UME's by tayoTFC(m): 10:07am On Aug 21, 2009
Universities Conduct Exams Despite ASUU Strike

Regardless of the strike by major staff unions in Nigerian universities, some universities have scheduled dates for their post-Universities Matriculation Examination (UME) exercises, while others have already concluded theirs.

For instance, Lagos State University (LASU) slated its examination for August 3 and informed all students to turn up for the examination. Members of the institution's branch of ASUU however said they would not allow the examination to hold, while the union was still on strike.

The University of Lagos (UNILAG) also informed students to return to campus as the examination date had been fixed. Students returned, but the examination did not hold.

Similarly, the University of Jos (UNIJOS) branch of ASUU threatened that the post-UME that the university conducted on Aug 3-4 would be cancelled because it was done while the union was on strike. It was alleged that an external consultant was hired to conduct the examination and therefore, its sanctity could not be guaranteed.

Vice-Chancellor of UNILAG, Prof. Tolu Odugbemi, who condemned the incessant strikes, said some universities fixed the dates because the future of the youths should not be sacrificed because of a misunderstanding that could be settled by dialogue and sincerity. "There should be better and constructive strategies to bring out various grievances and establishing positive results of moving the system forward."
http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=152005
Re: LASU, UNILAG, UNIJOS Will Defy ASUU To Conduct Post-UME's by hollandis(f): 1:17pm On Aug 21, 2009
You forgot UNIBEN (UNIBEST)

ASUU families don dey suffer hunger. Dem go call off next week grin
Re: LASU, UNILAG, UNIJOS Will Defy ASUU To Conduct Post-UME's by eyonigger(m): 1:21pm On Aug 21, 2009
hollandis:

You forgot UNIBENBEST

ASUU families don dey suffer hunger.Dem go call off next week grin

What makes u think they will call it off next week? PROOF
Re: LASU, UNILAG, UNIJOS Will Defy ASUU To Conduct Post-UME's by aaidel(m): 1:23pm On Aug 21, 2009
No mind that useless ASUU when they are tired of staying at home without pay dem go resume
Re: LASU, UNILAG, UNIJOS Will Defy ASUU To Conduct Post-UME's by oludashmi(f): 1:50pm On Aug 21, 2009
Students are tired for goodness' sake.

Re: LASU, UNILAG, UNIJOS Will Defy ASUU To Conduct Post-UME's by naijatoday: 1:52pm On Aug 21, 2009
Why should LASU be on strike?When the problem is between ASUU (Federal Universities) and Federal Government

They claim to be joining the strike in solidarity.
Re: LASU, UNILAG, UNIJOS Will Defy ASUU To Conduct Post-UME's by Nezan(m): 1:55pm On Aug 21, 2009
ASUU's strikes are becoming too much, come to think of it, their are the highest paid public servants in 9ja.
Re: LASU, UNILAG, UNIJOS Will Defy ASUU To Conduct Post-UME's by gram: 2:00pm On Aug 21, 2009
I wonder why in this country, it is the so-called Accademia ie ASUU that are the most backward. They are a bunch of old fashioned, atavistic , archaic

anti-progressives who cannot fashion out a peaceful, intellectual way of achieving their aims, but prefer to prey on the future of millions of

Nigerian Youths all in the name of STRIKE.
Re: LASU, UNILAG, UNIJOS Will Defy ASUU To Conduct Post-UME's by hollandis(f): 2:06pm On Aug 21, 2009
eyonigger:

What makes u think they will call it off next week? PROOF
Post-UME candidates
Re: LASU, UNILAG, UNIJOS Will Defy ASUU To Conduct Post-UME's by chelseabmw(m): 2:08pm On Aug 21, 2009
hisssess
Re: LASU, UNILAG, UNIJOS Will Defy ASUU To Conduct Post-UME's by kokoA(m): 2:16pm On Aug 21, 2009
Those bastards wants increased funding for them to "chop" and spend on innocent jambites girls.
Re: LASU, UNILAG, UNIJOS Will Defy ASUU To Conduct Post-UME's by OvieE: 2:16pm On Aug 21, 2009
I was JSS1 when I left Nigeria so I cannot really judge anyone. I wish I know how they run things. But one thing I do know is that the strike in Nigeria is too much; after one organisation then the other making that country a nightmare to live.
Re: LASU, UNILAG, UNIJOS Will Defy ASUU To Conduct Post-UME's by denony(m): 2:17pm On Aug 21, 2009
may this is pre-post UME exam  grin
expect the real post UME soon
Re: LASU, UNILAG, UNIJOS Will Defy ASUU To Conduct Post-UME's by oge4real(f): 3:04pm On Aug 21, 2009
I sincerely wish that other universities will back down from the strike. It has gone on for too long.
Re: LASU, UNILAG, UNIJOS Will Defy ASUU To Conduct Post-UME's by Fhemmmy: 3:07pm On Aug 21, 2009
Finally some people are doing something good.
Re: LASU, UNILAG, UNIJOS Will Defy ASUU To Conduct Post-UME's by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 21, 2009
I just pity the Nigerian youth. See how people are playing with the future of students lives. So sad.
Re: LASU, UNILAG, UNIJOS Will Defy ASUU To Conduct Post-UME's by Fhemmmy: 3:12pm On Aug 21, 2009
I think the Union shd be banned and make some of the services essential and that will prevent such services from going on strike
Re: LASU, UNILAG, UNIJOS Will Defy ASUU To Conduct Post-UME's by U1(m): 4:31pm On Aug 21, 2009
UI should have been in front in this, I wonder what they are doing?
Re: LASU, UNILAG, UNIJOS Will Defy ASUU To Conduct Post-UME's by 2klong: 4:51pm On Aug 21, 2009
ASUU families don dey suffer hunger. Dem go call off next week Grin

Na true my brother, hungry do almost kill everyone of dem for house , shocked
Re: LASU, UNILAG, UNIJOS Will Defy ASUU To Conduct Post-UME's by Fhemmmy: 4:53pm On Aug 21, 2009
I am sure after this one, they will think twice be4 embarking on next strike.
Re: LASU, UNILAG, UNIJOS Will Defy ASUU To Conduct Post-UME's by amosexy: 5:29pm On Aug 21, 2009
ASUU is killing me cry I've spent 8yrs in school instead of 4yrs cry cry cry angry sad
Re: LASU, UNILAG, UNIJOS Will Defy ASUU To Conduct Post-UME's by mecussey(m): 6:01pm On Aug 21, 2009
your own small na, you never see those wey don spend 12 years
Re: LASU, UNILAG, UNIJOS Will Defy ASUU To Conduct Post-UME's by Gbemmyxal(f): 6:31pm On Aug 21, 2009
I wonda y state universitz should be in support of this ASUU strike in the name ofsolidarity. But i learnt LAUTECH conducted her post UME exercise during this so called strike. I don dey vex 4 house oh.[color=#000099][/color] undecided undecided
Re: LASU, UNILAG, UNIJOS Will Defy ASUU To Conduct Post-UME's by nex(m): 6:31pm On Aug 21, 2009
This is one of the advantages of autonomy. Everybody carry your cross.

Instead of accepting 100% autonomy, they are carrying out all sorts of actions. uNIBEN students embarked on a peaceful protest today in Benin.
Re: LASU, UNILAG, UNIJOS Will Defy ASUU To Conduct Post-UME's by EFOSAVAL(f): 6:36pm On Aug 21, 2009
Gbemmyxal:

I wonda y state universitz should be in support of this ASUU strike in the name ofsolidarity. But i learnt LAUTECH conducted her post UME exercise during this so called strike. I don dey vex 4 house oh.[color=#000099][/color] undecided undecided

ha ! oya chup some pawpaw u will feel better grin grin kiss
Re: LASU, UNILAG, UNIJOS Will Defy ASUU To Conduct Post-UME's by greateliso(m): 9:18pm On Aug 21, 2009
i pray they call off the strike soon, b'cos hunger they strike some people
Re: LASU, UNILAG, UNIJOS Will Defy ASUU To Conduct Post-UME's by Nobody: 11:39pm On Aug 21, 2009
Uhm.
Re: LASU, UNILAG, UNIJOS Will Defy ASUU To Conduct Post-UME's by otokx(m): 4:55am On Aug 22, 2009
You people should stop spreading lies and deceiving yourselves in the process; say na the same una wey talk say UNIJOS don open.
Re: LASU, UNILAG, UNIJOS Will Defy ASUU To Conduct Post-UME's by GboGboAye: 5:37am On Aug 22, 2009
em, excuse me ovie, strike doesn't make nigeria a nightmare to live in.
How did u come to tht wonderful conclusion? ehn?
Re: LASU, UNILAG, UNIJOS Will Defy ASUU To Conduct Post-UME's by moss2: 9:27am On Aug 22, 2009
I think the no work no pay policy serves AASU right. When their families go hungry they will know that they were meant to serve their fatherland and not to extort it. For pete's sake they had free education and scholarships in their days why are they tryin to destroy the future {us} just because they are not in it?
Re: LASU, UNILAG, UNIJOS Will Defy ASUU To Conduct Post-UME's by moss2: 9:33am On Aug 22, 2009
I think the no work no pay policy serves AASU right. When their families go hungry they will know that they were meant to serve their fatherland and not to extort it. For pete's sake they had free education and scholarships in their days why are they tryin to destroy the future {us} just because they are not in it?
Re: LASU, UNILAG, UNIJOS Will Defy ASUU To Conduct Post-UME's by moss2: 9:34am On Aug 22, 2009

(1) (2) (Reply)

People Who Hilariously Recreated Their Childhood Photos / Yabatech Partners LASG On Readysetwork Project / Check Your Name @ D Unijos Admission List 4rm Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.