Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,112 members, 7,818,319 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

Niger-Delta Avengers Bomb Chevron's Escravos Tank Farm Main Electricity Pipel - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger-Delta Avengers Bomb Chevron's Escravos Tank Farm Main Electricity Pipel (42136 Views)

Avengers Bomb NNPC And Chevron Pipelines / Niger Delta Avengers Bomb Chevron Oil Well Amidst Heavy Security (Photo) / Niger-Delta Avengers Bomb NNPC Warri Pipeline Heavily Guarded By Military (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger-Delta Avengers Bomb Chevron's Escravos Tank Farm Main Electricity Pipel by worksmart(m): 8:48am On May 26, 2016
The multinationals are behind these explosions. It is time we sack them and run these operations ourselves - with transparency.
Re: Niger-Delta Avengers Bomb Chevron's Escravos Tank Farm Main Electricity Pipel by afanide: 8:48am On May 26, 2016
Why has Buhari been silent concerning this Issue lately undecided
Re: Niger-Delta Avengers Bomb Chevron's Escravos Tank Farm Main Electricity Pipel by Deen77: 8:49am On May 26, 2016
I just believe Buhari has failed as a retired military man. I vote Buhari yes no regrets, the only available options better than PDP.

When Iraq face with a similar problem, their president have to look for refurbished jet fighter like SU-24 and SU -27 with helicopter KA-50 and MI-28 havoc for air cover against BH, NDA and Fulani terrorists.
Re: Niger-Delta Avengers Bomb Chevron's Escravos Tank Farm Main Electricity Pipel by Skywalker5(m): 8:49am On May 26, 2016
Nigeria is slowly sliding into civil war. Greed will not allow everyone to rest

3 Likes

Re: Niger-Delta Avengers Bomb Chevron's Escravos Tank Farm Main Electricity Pipel by Nobody: 8:49am On May 26, 2016
sanandreas:
Dialogue could end this but will he be humble enough? You called south south and South east 5% but what were you thinking? An American president would never make a derogatory statement. The 5% carries the burden of Nigeria for over 50 years. What most people from the other side see is bomb and level Niger-delta. Let me ask you what do you contribute to the entity called Nigeria? We Niger-deltans demand unreserved apology from the FG of Nigeria

Keep waiting for apology let me ask you personally what do you add to Nigeria? because oil is located in Niger-Delta so everybody must lick your feet. Don't worry destroy your own land very well and you tell Brazilians to swap places with you abi

1 Like

Re: Niger-Delta Avengers Bomb Chevron's Escravos Tank Farm Main Electricity Pipel by Nobody: 8:50am On May 26, 2016
them get twitter account wh3n is boko haram going to have their own twitter account to give us fresh updates of exploits in the ravaged jungle of northeast
Re: Niger-Delta Avengers Bomb Chevron's Escravos Tank Farm Main Electricity Pipel by Nobody: 8:50am On May 26, 2016
Sunnynwa:
A new armed militant group in Nigeria's Niger Delta, "The Niger Delta Avengers" today destroyed the main pipeline supplying gas that provides electricity to the Escravos tank farm in Delta state owned by Chevron. In a tweet sent from its account on Twitter, the group said the latest action was carried out after Chevron ignored its May 12 warning not to fix a major crude pipeline blown up by the group early in the month.

The group did not disclose if the latest attack led to human casualties.

http://saharareporters.com/2016/05/25/niger-delta-avengers-blow-chevrons-escravos-tank-farm-main-electricity-pipeline

I know that some people would call me a ''Yoruba man'' or a Hausa man or slave.....or an APC propaganidist.....but here goes.

It seems the Niger Delta has a problem....and the problem is its own young people. They are , by blowing up their pipelines , attacking their own land and their own people.
'
They won't protest at the way that their governors have left them underdeveloped. For many years, the Niger Delta has gotten hefty allocations from the center....and yet the land remains underdeveloped. Yet....it is the oil companies....who spend millions on scholarships,and Community development projects, and who clean up the pollution at their own expense....that are the ones attacked.

The fact that we have a NDA also shows that the last 5 years of PDP rule...when we had a Niger Delta man in charge...were unmitigated failure. And it shows that the amnesty project did not even work.

I am sorry....but I have no sympathy for the Niger Delta Agitators. If they cannot agitate for good governance by their governors, and their LG chairmen, if they cannot agitate for even more action on pollution, if they cannot agitate for better schools.,and if they cannot agitate for their state governors to buy oil blocks under a JV programme....then they are just in it for the money.

I am sorry....but Nigeria should not pay any more danegeld. Enough is enough.

1 Like

Re: Niger-Delta Avengers Bomb Chevron's Escravos Tank Farm Main Electricity Pipel by EbirichBen(m): 8:50am On May 26, 2016
mrvitalis:
This a case of a son stabing himself just to get at the father
Continue at least this will push us to explore coal and hydro power sources
With Time escravours will move to ondo to compete with the new LNG
Shell is building the world largest gas plant in imo state and anambra has a huge gas deposit too
Very soon the Niger delta will be relegated to the back were they are supposed to stay
Have u had igbos destroying there own land to get at government? ? From Delta to imo to Abia state even ikwa ibom don't do this rubbish
Just a selfish set of people that feel because they are the bread winner today all Nigeria should wash there feet
The deep water oil belong to Nigeria and not even to Niger Delta because we fought to include there in Nigeria so anything we will still export oil continue and let people who won't scratch the own land hail u

Here we go again.
why build it in an area where you have less Gas deposit. what is happening will still happen.
they will still destroy the major line feeding it one day.
so build it in there area and engage them.

2 Likes

Re: Niger-Delta Avengers Bomb Chevron's Escravos Tank Farm Main Electricity Pipel by houstonia(m): 8:51am On May 26, 2016
mrvitalis:
Shell is building the world largest gas plant in imo state and anambra has a huge gas deposit too
Very soon the Niger delta will be relegated to the back were they are supposed to stay
Have u had igbos destroying there own land to get at government? ? From Delta to imo to Abia state even ikwa ibom don't do this rubbish
Just a selfish set of people that feel because they are the bread winner today all Nigeria should wash there feet
The deep water oil belong to Nigeria and not even to Niger Delta because we fought to include there in Nigeria so anything we will still export oil continue and let people who won't scratch the own land hail u

This is the _dumbest comment I have had to reply in eons.

Sometimes you shouldn't just write. Read other people's comments and learn.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger-Delta Avengers Bomb Chevron's Escravos Tank Farm Main Electricity Pipel by Nobody: 8:52am On May 26, 2016
worksmart:
The multinationals are behind these explosions. It is time we sack them and run these operations ourselves - with transparency.

The same way government has run corporations under the state and federal level for many years?

Govt run corps in Nigeria have a bad history. There is a good reason why GEJ privatized power...because PHCN had become so inefficient after over 40 years of being a govt run entity.

1 Like

Re: Niger-Delta Avengers Bomb Chevron's Escravos Tank Farm Main Electricity Pipel by GWMI(m): 8:52am On May 26, 2016
Even if you are angry with this militants, you will agree with me that Buhari is to blame because he is an unrepented tribalistic person.That an elderly man as Buhari will choose to destroy Nigeria other than repair it is a shame.Buhari is bringing Nigeria down with his divisive policies.Thanks.
Re: Niger-Delta Avengers Bomb Chevron's Escravos Tank Farm Main Electricity Pipel by NonFarmPayrol: 8:54am On May 26, 2016
mrvitalis:

The president of Nigeria should obey NDA
that is the greatest insult on Nigeria, are u high
Let them continue to spoil there land, who would loss
We have offshore oil we will still export and make some profit and ur states won't even see ur 13%

its not about insults . hope you know your budget is in danger cause currently Nigeria is producing at 50%

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger-Delta Avengers Bomb Chevron's Escravos Tank Farm Main Electricity Pipel by Nobody: 8:54am On May 26, 2016
Lol. The way the Yorubas and the northerners are shouting environmental degradation. As if they genuinely care about the environment if not for their economic interest to make sure that the status cho remains. The truth is that majority of for former eastern Nigeria citizens are in support of the group including me. Though I work under the government, I don't care as long as we go our separate ways. We don't want to face reality. Nigeria is too diverse to be governed by one Daura dul*lard with F9 in maths overseeing the fate and economy of 180 millions in the name of 1 Nigeria.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Niger-Delta Avengers Bomb Chevron's Escravos Tank Farm Main Electricity Pipel by GWMI(m): 8:55am On May 26, 2016
mrvitalis:
Are you normal?is everything all right with you?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger-Delta Avengers Bomb Chevron's Escravos Tank Farm Main Electricity Pipel by okoloto: 8:56am On May 26, 2016
This government will finish nigeria. Obasanjo should have advised the president that force has never worked in the niger delta but negotiation. Our president is not even helping matters in appointments and approach to serious issues that brought us to where we are. He is hell bent on dividing nigeria. APC has simply failed nigerians and they should admit it and not these flimsy excuses but step down for inability to manage the situation. NOTHING IS JUST WORKING.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger-Delta Avengers Bomb Chevron's Escravos Tank Farm Main Electricity Pipel by worksmart(m): 8:57am On May 26, 2016
But the private sector has not run things any better than govt, in many cases things have worsened after privatisation - case in point is power .
Quakertellicus1:

The same way government has run corporations under the state and federal level for many years?

Govt run corps in Nigeria have a bad history. There is a good reason why GEJ privatized power...because PHCN had become so inefficient after over 40 years of being a govt run entity.
Re: Niger-Delta Avengers Bomb Chevron's Escravos Tank Farm Main Electricity Pipel by MaziOmenuko: 8:57am On May 26, 2016
So these guys have a Twitter account and post on it with Internet gotten from a sim card registered with NCC and yet they can't be traced?

1 Like

Re: Niger-Delta Avengers Bomb Chevron's Escravos Tank Farm Main Electricity Pipel by hansad: 8:57am On May 26, 2016
Sunnynwa:

Journalist: what are your plans for Inclusive development of Niger Delta?

GMB: if you look at election results. Some gave me 5% of votes while some gave me 97%

Bubu. He has been dropping the names of USA and Europe as those ready to help him CRUSH Niger delta militants.------- and let the northern Nigeria multi-billionaires continue to hold more than 90% of OIL wells in the Niger delta.

3 Likes

Re: Niger-Delta Avengers Bomb Chevron's Escravos Tank Farm Main Electricity Pipel by Nobody: 8:57am On May 26, 2016
If I were Buhari, I will quikly wave any 'super man ideology' and go after secret dialog with these people because its obvious that his only source of combat is missing in action, inspite the number of them triped in the area (for him mind) to crush the ants gringringrin
Re: Niger-Delta Avengers Bomb Chevron's Escravos Tank Farm Main Electricity Pipel by rottennaija(m): 8:58am On May 26, 2016
mrvitalis:

Please tell me what you are saying is true? That this companies are moving gradually away from the Niger Delta?
Re: Niger-Delta Avengers Bomb Chevron's Escravos Tank Farm Main Electricity Pipel by Nobody: 8:59am On May 26, 2016
why am i even happen with this news...........maybe nairaland is turning me to a political and tribal freak... grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger-Delta Avengers Bomb Chevron's Escravos Tank Farm Main Electricity Pipel by MadCow1: 8:59am On May 26, 2016
NonFarmPayrol:

another keyboard warrior

Call me whatever pleases you..

Negotiating with CRIMINALS and PAYING THEM NOT TO BE CRIMINALS will forever remains a source of National embarrassment to us as a Nation. And I am a Niger Deltan from an oil producing community and a host family as well.

The Militants did not represent us but themselves.
Re: Niger-Delta Avengers Bomb Chevron's Escravos Tank Farm Main Electricity Pipel by Lee4s(m): 9:00am On May 26, 2016
In Dj Khalids Voice..... Another One
Re: Niger-Delta Avengers Bomb Chevron's Escravos Tank Farm Main Electricity Pipel by dannewlife(m): 9:01am On May 26, 2016
Proudly 5%

2 Likes

Re: Niger-Delta Avengers Bomb Chevron's Escravos Tank Farm Main Electricity Pipel by Skywalker5(m): 9:03am On May 26, 2016
NonFarmPayrol:
mods have already started hiding posts

e go pain una for a long time grin cheesy

fiscal federalism is the way forward . you go ban NDA supporters tire. it wont hide the truth

I got banned recently because i used the word "maybe Nigeria should split". i was told i violated article 9 which talks about promoting Biafra. I am Yoruba but everyone with brains knows that Nigeria is slowly sliding down to unrest. Look at Niger-Delta,look at Fulani Herdsmen,look at Boko-Haram.Nigeria is getting worse day by day. No one is talking about resolving the issues but when someone comes out with an idea that is different, hell breaks loose on Nairaland by banning. what ever happened to freedom of speech? Do i want to die all in the name of forming unity? Should we wait before the Yorubas starts their own?

We need to discuss this and not banning people everywhere. I am not in Nigeria but i am worried about victims in Nigeria.Poeple who want peace and just want to live life. All this killings and destruction is bad and everyone deservs to live in peace. Truth be told

UK wants to leave the EU,Scotland wants to leave the UK. You don't see banning on their forums when people say they want out. Everyone just wants to live in peace. Is that too much to ask?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger-Delta Avengers Bomb Chevron's Escravos Tank Farm Main Electricity Pipel by falseman(m): 9:04am On May 26, 2016
MaziOmenuko:
So these guys have a Twitter account and post on it with Internet gotten from a sim card registered with NCC and yet they can't be traced?

Join NA the form is on sales that way you can trace them.
Re: Niger-Delta Avengers Bomb Chevron's Escravos Tank Farm Main Electricity Pipel by mrvitalis(m): 9:04am On May 26, 2016
NonFarmPayrol:

its not about insults . hope you know your budget is in danger cause currently Nigeria is producing at 50%
Yea and oil sale at 50 dollars and we said it will sale at 38 so we cool. ... After no body was hoping on oil to fund the budget

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger-Delta Avengers Bomb Chevron's Escravos Tank Farm Main Electricity Pipel by sanandreas(m): 9:04am On May 26, 2016
By
MadCow1:

Dialogue cause this nonsense..

The AMNESTY Programme for Niger Delta Militants would remain one of our worst decisions as a country for many years to come.

NEVER EVER negotiate with terrorists.. NEVER! angry

Have the military been able to secure these pipelines?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger-Delta Avengers Bomb Chevron's Escravos Tank Farm Main Electricity Pipel by Ngozi123(f): 9:05am On May 26, 2016
Scholes007:
Now we are losing it all to ego battle. Some of these people's demand are as simple as ABC, at least meet like half of them especially the one on national conference, payment of their entitlements (amnesty), release of kalu, clean up of their lands, and tendering of some form of entreat statement (not necessaryly an apology).
Also a nation wide programmes/campaigne on unity and respect to all should be evoked. All disrespectful comments about any group on every media plat form shouldn't be tolerated(things like "one basket", "5% and 97%" "born rule"...).

This is the reason why I blame Buhari's administration for these attacks. He could have settled this matter before it even started but, for some reason, he felt it necessary to show off Nigeria's muscle even though it was already preoccupied with Boko Haram. Now he won't back off until it's too late as he will not want to appear as being weak. In the end, the only people who'll suffer are ordinary Nigerians, most of whom voted him into power.

If a child misbehaves, do people blame the child or it's father for its misbehaviour?
Re: Niger-Delta Avengers Bomb Chevron's Escravos Tank Farm Main Electricity Pipel by hardcorevin(m): 9:05am On May 26, 2016
ThundrCork:
Worse.... Worser.....'Worsest'

Weldone guys...i Must Commend u people for ur Resolutness and die Hard Spirit..Indeed,am always Happy with the Blow up...I support u guys with my Soul,Life and Money
Now before u attack me calling me:IPOB,BIAFRAN OR CLUELESS WHICH I WILL ADMIT I AM,KNOW IT that NDA has come to stay...let nIgeria Divide simple.......
Niger delta the Main SOURCE of Nigeria oil is so so so so dilapilated to the state that i cried upon visting the area..i shed tears asking God how can some people[NORTHERNS]be such wicked..Some State in the north that has no Natural Resources are MORE developed and civilised than NIGER delta....I tell u,we are ONE NIGERIA cos of the OIL.
People that will attack me oya,its time...Call me names but the TRUTH must be spoken and NIGeriA WILL be destroyed with IT simple.
Pls before u attack me again,just Visit NIGER delta by ur self,not sitting at ur home in Lagos and Kano to condem MY BOYS...weldone BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...for more info just visit them at http://www.nigerdeltaavengers.com.
Oya attackers keep it coming,one tin is for sure:Some are slaves in their country.

2 Likes

Re: Niger-Delta Avengers Bomb Chevron's Escravos Tank Farm Main Electricity Pipel by jayAjoku(m): 9:05am On May 26, 2016
It is the height of foolishness to collect money to destroy your own home. These incompetent militants are just a bunch of idiots being paid to destroy their source of income ..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

New Tollgates' Fees: ₦200 For Cars, ₦500 For Trucks & Luxury Buses / LAMIDO: Buhari Working On Amaechi/Lawan Ticket / Nigerians Running For British Parliamentary Seats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.