Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,041 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

New Forex Policy: NSE Gains N354bn, Naira Stable - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / New Forex Policy: NSE Gains N354bn, Naira Stable (18326 Views)

CBN Introduces New FOREX Rates, Dollar Now N360 For "Invisibles" / Benefits Of CBN's New FOREX Policy / CBN Amends New Forex Policy Over Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Forex Policy: NSE Gains N354bn, Naira Stable by permsec: 7:16am On May 26, 2016
Oliviaxx:
Mtchwwww
Happy birthday oliviaxx... Wishing u many more fruitful years today. Enjoy ur day.. Kisses.

1 Like

Re: New Forex Policy: NSE Gains N354bn, Naira Stable by Firefire(m): 7:16am On May 26, 2016
DropShot:
Let's hope this marks a positive turn of events in this turbulent period of our nation's economy.

Surely, things must change for the better very soon. Otherwise we're in deep shiit.

Who send una message ? If no coherent, clear and firm economic policies deeper shiit ahead.

2 Likes

Re: New Forex Policy: NSE Gains N354bn, Naira Stable by SHOPPERS(m): 7:17am On May 26, 2016
T
Re: New Forex Policy: NSE Gains N354bn, Naira Stable by PapaBrowne(m): 7:17am On May 26, 2016
Buhari just decided in his 1983 stupidity to hold this country back by the bone for a full year.

For almost a full year he stubbornly held onto the silly principle that the dollar must be pegged no matter the true market value. Dollar is a commodity. Imagine if it costs a farmer 200 Naira to produce a tuber of yam and you tell him you have pegged the price for yam at 100 Naira. Please tell me, would anybody be farming yam next year?? As a result there would be scarcity and the market would force the price of yam upwards.

That simple move of stubbornly pegging the dollar has cost us so much destruction than we can recover in 2 years. It only helped expand corruption by creating opportunities for massive round-tripping

Now he has allowed the CBN to operate in its own wisdom and in a second things have picked.

Buhari should be confined to Aso Rock and cut off from any decision making that has to do with Economics in Nigeria. Osibanjo and the few reasonable ministers like Kachichukwu, Fashola, Udo Udoma should make the sensitive economic decisions henceforth. Buhari I repeat should be banned from attending meetings having anything to do with Economics.

Have you noticed?? Anytime Buhari does things his way, it fails woefully. He failed woefully in his election bid 3 times until he decided to listen to the Tinubu/Amaechi et al. Once again, I repeat, Buhari should be banned from all meetings discussing the Nigeria economy.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: New Forex Policy: NSE Gains N354bn, Naira Stable by gurunlocker: 7:17am On May 26, 2016
Policy yesterday, result today.... let's wait for at least two week, we will say it ourself if naira is stable
Re: New Forex Policy: NSE Gains N354bn, Naira Stable by skillet(m): 7:17am On May 26, 2016
Naira stable at 1000 per dollar
Re: New Forex Policy: NSE Gains N354bn, Naira Stable by deebrain(m): 7:17am On May 26, 2016
Im looking for a practical good news and not theoretical nor "technical" (apologies to Lai) good news.

Ps. Ive got a testimony-I AM FINALLY SEEING TOMATOES.

angry

1 Like

Re: New Forex Policy: NSE Gains N354bn, Naira Stable by Nobody: 7:18am On May 26, 2016
mesoprogress:
The dullard refused to devalue thinking that oyibo people wanted to mess with his economy. The same way illiterate north thinks that vaccination is a premeditated tool to depopulate Africans / Muslims. We should have left this man to peaceful herd his 150 cows in Daura . Smh
sorry to say, you the dullard in the picture, The imf is patiently waiting for the naira devaluation in their favour (short term loan), thereby making life for the Nigeria masses unbearable because we would eventually pay back the loan. Buhari kicked against that and came up with subsidy plan which is why NLC went on strike and now with the new cbn policy, naira is getting stable, who is the the gullible person here, you or Buhari?

3 Likes

Re: New Forex Policy: NSE Gains N354bn, Naira Stable by Nobody: 7:19am On May 26, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:

We must not criticise every policy.

Nice One PMB.
cool cool cool
What is nice about buhari illiterate decision to peg the exchange denying business men much needed forex? He can pay his own children school fees but every other person must not. If he had done earlier, Naira to dollar exchange rate will not be more than 250.
Re: New Forex Policy: NSE Gains N354bn, Naira Stable by Emekamex(m): 7:19am On May 26, 2016
It is way to early to know if this policy will be beneficial in the long run, but I do feel it is way more better than the policy pegging the naira at 199.
Re: New Forex Policy: NSE Gains N354bn, Naira Stable by fiizznation: 7:20am On May 26, 2016
Tbh this administration really goofed big time with the forex and food importation policies. And now that they realized their mistakes, we can see how they are stylishly reversing those archaic policies.

Who is even the CBN governor? That dude is incompetent

5 Likes

Re: New Forex Policy: NSE Gains N354bn, Naira Stable by Koddedtinz: 7:21am On May 26, 2016
This simply shows that our economy did not have to crash this bad if the FG hadn't interfered and begun fixing and controlling the value of the Naira.
Re: New Forex Policy: NSE Gains N354bn, Naira Stable by DropShot: 7:22am On May 26, 2016
Firefire:

Who send una message ? If no coherent, clear and firm economic policies deeper shiit ahead.
Lazy boy, this is our govt. We have a duty to objectively put it on its toes. We don't just wail and moan senselessly as you do.
Re: New Forex Policy: NSE Gains N354bn, Naira Stable by Nobody: 7:24am On May 26, 2016
[quote Buhari mean well for our dear country, please pray for him: Including children of hate [/quote]
Children of love never prayed for GEJ . Smh!
Re: New Forex Policy: NSE Gains N354bn, Naira Stable by mesoprogress(m): 7:26am On May 26, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:

We must not criticise every policy.

Nice One PMB.
cool cool cool
He was forced to do the right thing. Economy was collapsing. Venezuela's case would have been a child's place.
Re: New Forex Policy: NSE Gains N354bn, Naira Stable by ijustdey: 7:26am On May 26, 2016
some people will not like this news.....

they will hate to see that the market is now gaining weight
Re: New Forex Policy: NSE Gains N354bn, Naira Stable by Firefire(m): 7:27am On May 26, 2016
DropShot:

Lazy boy, this is our govt. We have a duty to objectively put it on its toes. We don't just wail and moan senselessly as you do.

U sure say a bi boy ? at my age? Chaiiiii

Ok ooooo, eku ifarada.
Re: New Forex Policy: NSE Gains N354bn, Naira Stable by mesoprogress(m): 7:28am On May 26, 2016
aaronson:
sorry to say, you the dullard in the picture, The imf is patiently waiting for the naira devaluation in their favour (short term loan), thereby making life for the Nigeria masses unbearable because we would eventually pay back the loan. Buhari kicked against that and came up with subsidy plan which is why NLC went on strike and now with the new cbn policy, naira is getting stable, who is the the gullible person here, you or Buhari?

Everyone has turned to an economist. You are spewing thrash.
Re: New Forex Policy: NSE Gains N354bn, Naira Stable by Babzrockman: 7:31am On May 26, 2016
Some people will not stop surprising me. Govt just announced a particular policy yesterday and u expected to feel the impact that same day.

Even if govt decides to share 10million per head in dis country. U cannot get it within a week not to talk of govt policies.
Re: New Forex Policy: NSE Gains N354bn, Naira Stable by DropShot: 7:32am On May 26, 2016
Firefire:

U sure say a bi boy ? at my age? Chaiiiii

Ok ooooo, eku ifarada.
You be boy just as I be boy. All men are boys.

Awon ara ile lo ku afarada. All I'm doing is for love of my country and future of our children and their own children too.
Re: New Forex Policy: NSE Gains N354bn, Naira Stable by modath(f): 7:34am On May 26, 2016
DickDastardly:

Even you dey fear too grin cheesy
Let me wait and hear from my man omenka too cool

Abi na Buhari dey manage their own economy too? Or UAE, and Saudi who despite their tourism earnings and vast foreign reserves have had to cut subsidies significantly..

Firefire:

Must you wail about everything? Must be a hard life to be on permanent attack mode! sad
Re: New Forex Policy: NSE Gains N354bn, Naira Stable by Zico5(m): 7:34am On May 26, 2016
mesoprogress:
The dullard refused to devalue thinking that oyibo people wanted to mess with his economy. The same way illiterate north thinks that vaccination is a premeditated tool to depopulate Africans / Muslims. We should have left this man to peaceful herd his 150 cows in Daura . Smh
Now tell me the options the masses would have voted for apart from Gej whose his song is looting. Or u forgot that Nigeria may have gone oblivion under his regime. Be realistic for once and don't be clouded by sentiment.

1 Like

Re: New Forex Policy: NSE Gains N354bn, Naira Stable by pchukwudi: 7:36am On May 26, 2016
aaronson:

You definitely don't know what you are talking about. Unfortunately you bask in the illusion that you are super smart. Any sane person knows that what CBN just did should have been done in 2015 and saved us untold loss and chaos. But the archaic minister of petroleum was in charge of monetary policy and so felt that monetary values could be pegged from the comfort of aso rock. That's why nothing has been working since the past one year. Got it?

Too bad the economic damage has reached a critical stage already. So this is like doing the right thing at the very wrong time.
Re: New Forex Policy: NSE Gains N354bn, Naira Stable by bettercreature(m): 7:37am On May 26, 2016
Flexherbal:
The common man is not feeling this yet.
It's not a policy for a common man,it's for the investors,they have actually devalue naira just refusing to make it official,exchange rate will high in coming days because there is going to be a very huge pressure on black market and inflation will stay the same or continue to rise
Re: New Forex Policy: NSE Gains N354bn, Naira Stable by Firefire(m): 7:38am On May 26, 2016
DropShot:

You be boy just as I be boy. All men are boys.

Awon ara ile lo ku afarada. All I'm doing is for love of my country and future of our children and their own children too.

A bi o wa ni to si mi ni?
Re: New Forex Policy: NSE Gains N354bn, Naira Stable by lordizak(m): 7:40am On May 26, 2016
mesoprogress:
People like you, deserve no respect. You come online, insult Mr President, make total fool of yourself. How has this policy affected Nigerians in a negative way?. Pls be constructive when you criticize. Applaud what is plausible.

1 Like

Re: New Forex Policy: NSE Gains N354bn, Naira Stable by Oliviaxx(f): 7:41am On May 26, 2016
permsec:
Happy birthday oliviaxx... Wishing u many more fruitful years today. Enjoy ur day.. Kisses.

Thanks dear
Re: New Forex Policy: NSE Gains N354bn, Naira Stable by DropShot: 7:41am On May 26, 2016
Firefire:

A bi o wa ni to si mi ni?
Nibo ni tosi re?

Atlantic Ocean? grin
Re: New Forex Policy: NSE Gains N354bn, Naira Stable by Nobody: 7:42am On May 26, 2016
mesoprogress:
........Hhhmmmmm! Whatever ! He is your Commander In-Chief ! Whether you like it or not!...........Meanwhile grin grin

Re: New Forex Policy: NSE Gains N354bn, Naira Stable by goodlifehyd1: 7:42am On May 26, 2016
You all will soon die of heart attack with this ur hatred for islam and PMB... eranko jatijati ikeji aja
mesoprogress:
Re: New Forex Policy: NSE Gains N354bn, Naira Stable by Firefire(m): 7:43am On May 26, 2016
modath:

Abi na Buhari dey manage their own economy too? Or UAE, and Saudi who despite their tourism earnings and vast foreign reserves have had to cut subsidies significantly..

Must you wail about everything? Must be a hard life to be on permanent attack mode! sad

Permanent attack mode? grin chai, I don suffer. embarassed

Well, I have no reason(s) yet to lower down my objective criticism of this administration.
Re: New Forex Policy: NSE Gains N354bn, Naira Stable by menstrualpad: 7:44am On May 26, 2016
modath:

But you just wailed too...let him wail in peace....at least he's NOT bottled up like you.

modath:
.No two ways about this, before we become another Angola or Venezuela.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Where can i get Rice Processing Equipment in Nigeria / How Do I Prevent Loan Apps Like Sokoloan From Calling My Contacts / HELP: Need To Build Up Bank Statement With Proof Of Funds For Immigration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.