Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

New Forex Policy: NSE Gains N354bn, Naira Stable - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / New Forex Policy: NSE Gains N354bn, Naira Stable (18324 Views)

CBN Introduces New FOREX Rates, Dollar Now N360 For "Invisibles" / Benefits Of CBN's New FOREX Policy / CBN Amends New Forex Policy Over Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Forex Policy: NSE Gains N354bn, Naira Stable by Firefire(m): 7:45am On May 26, 2016
DropShot:

Nibo ni tosi re?

Atlantic Ocean? grin

cheesy ewo profili mi...
Re: New Forex Policy: NSE Gains N354bn, Naira Stable by sherif4owo(m): 7:45am On May 26, 2016
Oliviaxx:
Mtchwwww

HBD
Re: New Forex Policy: NSE Gains N354bn, Naira Stable by Mrjo(m): 7:46am On May 26, 2016
Why ar u always looking 4 who to insult? Isn't the same policy that u guys reject that u want to celebrate?
Progressive01:
Clap for yourself!! You have done what is expected of bigots like you. I hope you wake up to the 5000likes posts like this are likely to garner.

Pitiable Ugandans.
Re: New Forex Policy: NSE Gains N354bn, Naira Stable by DropShot: 7:49am On May 26, 2016
Firefire:

cheesy ewo profili mi...
Far from Middle East. I dey Q....r.
Re: New Forex Policy: NSE Gains N354bn, Naira Stable by Oliviaxx(f): 7:51am On May 26, 2016
sherif4owo:

HBD

Thanks
Re: New Forex Policy: NSE Gains N354bn, Naira Stable by Progressive01(m): 7:51am On May 26, 2016
Mrjo:
Why ar u always looking 4 who to insult? Isn't the same policy that u guys reject that u want to celebrate?
What is "4"?? Go type that rubbish on 2go, I bet most people there would understand your brand of written english.

I pray this is the beginning of a torrent of good news. Since good news appears to make you lot miserable, you may as well hop on the next lorry and find your way to your promised land in Uganda.

Nansense.
Re: New Forex Policy: NSE Gains N354bn, Naira Stable by Firefire(m): 7:58am On May 26, 2016
DropShot:

Far from Middle East. I dey Q....r.

Haa, okay aku oro'aje, a o ri aje jeun ooo.

1 Like

Re: New Forex Policy: NSE Gains N354bn, Naira Stable by tee10: 8:04am On May 26, 2016
modath:

No two ways about this, before we become another Angola or Venezuela.

This is devaluation!

Which should have been done last june

When some of us asked baba to devalue we where called agents of PDP same goes for subsidy removal

An economy is run, based on logic and not strong man ego
Re: New Forex Policy: NSE Gains N354bn, Naira Stable by 989900B: 8:04am On May 26, 2016
Adamsdelrio:
When will this gain start reflecting in the lives of common Nigerians? The situation of the country is becoming unbearable.

When the CBN starts relinquishing her monopolistic 'chokehold' on incoming Forex, implements some of the recommendations of people like Henry Boyo and Dr. Ayo Teriba. And the FG realizes importing refined fuel is a crime! Then (the FG) sync the aforementioned with its proposed brilliant measures as indicated in the budget, while continuing to make an example out of them 'goats'. Only then we will get back on track to true prosperity.

It looks like we'r on the right path generally, but our monetary policies need better ideas, while we need some bit of more luck with oil prices.
Re: New Forex Policy: NSE Gains N354bn, Naira Stable by Beeman1(m): 8:04am On May 26, 2016
mesoprogress:
The dullard refused to devalue thinking that oyibo people wanted to mess with his economy. The same way illiterate north thinks that vaccination is a premeditated tool to depopulate Africans / Muslims. We should have left this man to peaceful herd his 150 cows in Daura . Smh
Bitter ipod zombies always show his hatred to d north as usual. Dude go sort urself out and stop blaming everyone for ur failure in life. Nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: New Forex Policy: NSE Gains N354bn, Naira Stable by modath(f): 8:06am On May 26, 2016
menstrualpad:

But you just wailed too...let him wail in peace....at least he's NOT bottled up like you.

Check the meaning of wailing, you'd understand things differently.
Re: New Forex Policy: NSE Gains N354bn, Naira Stable by menstrualpad: 8:08am On May 26, 2016
dictionary or contextual meaning?
modath:

Check the meaning of wailing, you'd understand things differently.
Re: New Forex Policy: NSE Gains N354bn, Naira Stable by DropShot: 8:17am On May 26, 2016
Firefire:

Haa, okay aku oro'aje, a o ri aje jeun ooo.
Amin. And you too.

1 Like

Re: New Forex Policy: NSE Gains N354bn, Naira Stable by malton: 8:18am On May 26, 2016
TPAND:
I heard this yesterday, my stockbroker advised me to get more shares... I fired him. We experienced more bids than sale, that's just unusual panic from the new CBN policy, I'd rather wait and get a clear picture of supply and demand for dollars before throwing in investments on stocks.

How smart you are!

Why then do you give in to bitterness and political bias?

Right now, you sound too smart for all that stuff!

Congrats!
Re: New Forex Policy: NSE Gains N354bn, Naira Stable by 989900B: 8:20am On May 26, 2016
N197 to $1 is not yet nullified.

The currency is not freely floating in the true sense of it.

The CBN is trying to find a middle ground between devaluation or not ('hoping' with refineries, higher crude prices, inflow of Forex, and other monetary and fiscal policies being considered, the Naira could come back strong again).

It is not an easy decision to make considering the tons of unpredictability associated with either decision.

It is still a developing situation . . . fingers crossed.

2 Likes

Re: New Forex Policy: NSE Gains N354bn, Naira Stable by Yekoyeko(m): 8:21am On May 26, 2016
mesoprogress:
The dullard refused to devalue thinking that oyibo people wanted to mess with his economy. The same way illiterate north thinks that vaccination is a premeditated tool to depopulate Africans / Muslims. We should have left this man to peaceful herd his 150 cows in Daura . Smh
You are not always with any positive development of this government, just try and make yourself happy sometimes otherwise, hypertension will soon be your guest.

1 Like

Re: New Forex Policy: NSE Gains N354bn, Naira Stable by femmy2010(m): 8:25am On May 26, 2016
mesoprogress:

If you have nothing meaningful to add to the thread you need not comment.
Re: New Forex Policy: NSE Gains N354bn, Naira Stable by femmy2010(m): 8:27am On May 26, 2016
Yekoyeko:
You are not always with any positive development of this government, just try and make yourself happy sometimes otherwise, hypertension will soon be your guest.

You dey mind the naughty chap.
Always looking for negativity to discuss and abuse to promote.
Re: New Forex Policy: NSE Gains N354bn, Naira Stable by Chukzyfcb(m): 8:28am On May 26, 2016
From the comments posted so far, it seems most people don't knw why the NSE increased. Well I believe, because of the MPC's decision to "float" the naira. Investors are buying up shares in ANTICIPATION that foreign investors will soon penetrate the market coz of the news of floated dollar.
Remember foreign investors are seriously waiting for a devalued naira so they can RE-ENTER the the capital mkts.....so with the decision to float naira, there's so much speculation that they'll be bck, hence the massive buy=massive gain............Its a dangerous speculation but then that's stocks for you. You speculate!

1 Like

Re: New Forex Policy: NSE Gains N354bn, Naira Stable by fiizznation: 8:32am On May 26, 2016
989900B:
N197 to $1 is not yet nullified.

The currency is not freely floating in the true sense of it.

The CBN is trying to find a middle ground between devaluation or not ('hoping' with refineries, higher crude prices, inflow of Forex, and other monetary and fiscal policies being considered, the Naira could come back strong again).

It is not an easy decision to make considering the tons of unpredictability associated with either decision.

It is still a developing situation . . . fingers crossed.

2 Likes

Re: New Forex Policy: NSE Gains N354bn, Naira Stable by Shym3xx: 8:40am On May 26, 2016
Lmao @ the premature celebration based on reaction of market forces. It will dawn on you in the next few days/weeks when everything crashes like the Lehman Brothers. grin

This administration clearly lacks a well defined economic/financial/monetary policy and with a depleted FR, I won't even smile if were you. grin

[img]http://i.amz.mshcdn.com/zBGZxlWIZLrye6GC-G_WGh-P7KQ=/fit-in/1200x9600/2014%2F03%2F26%2Ff6%2FSwaggyP2.9343c.gif[/img]
Re: New Forex Policy: NSE Gains N354bn, Naira Stable by hmuhammad(m): 8:53am On May 26, 2016
Pidggin:
Another propaganda to make themselves feel good.
another Ugandan spotted, HBP is real
Re: New Forex Policy: NSE Gains N354bn, Naira Stable by Toktee(m): 8:59am On May 26, 2016
mesoprogress:
You said "we" you and who?
You are on your own,not everyone here that is as confused and frustrated like you against the government of buhari,many of you are so angry with pmb so much so that whenever you see any news about him you dnt care to read before resulting to insult,truth is,the illiterate is the president,I mean your president and there is nothing you can do about it,only ranting here online.
Re: New Forex Policy: NSE Gains N354bn, Naira Stable by erico2k2(m): 9:07am On May 26, 2016
odiks:

You are so pained with this new development
What do U understand by this news and how does it translate to the man at the lower end of the ladder?
Re: New Forex Policy: NSE Gains N354bn, Naira Stable by amagunnerfan: 9:45am On May 26, 2016
DropShot:

This post says much more about you than anything else.

Beware of hbp. It's no respecter of anyone.
And the medication are much more expensive now. Not for broke ass niggas like mesoprogress.

1 Like

Re: New Forex Policy: NSE Gains N354bn, Naira Stable by Nobody: 10:56am On May 26, 2016
LordVoldemort:
The Hardship is Temp....if we want a better Nigeria we must make thi little sacrifice.

I believe in Nigeria

I believe in Buhari

God bless us all

Buhari don't have anything to offer, he can't give what he does not have grin grin grin
The id!ot is a wasted sperm grin
Re: New Forex Policy: NSE Gains N354bn, Naira Stable by wazobiaN9(m): 12:39pm On May 26, 2016
mesoprogress:

when f.ools hate... that's the summary of your life.

The foreign investors will get more naira for less dollars, and use this to invest in ur local eceonomy. they will also pay their Nigerian employees in naira... also spending less dolaars to do that by the way. however, the commodities they export will earn them dollars, more money for the investors.

these so called foreign investors have bn waiting for this, they only have their own interest at heart... !!

Nigerians meanwhile, because we are majorly import dependent, will need more naira to buy these commodities. inflation on the rise, salaries on the same flat valley.

and you rejoice for the foreign investors, at the expense of most Nigerians.
Re: New Forex Policy: NSE Gains N354bn, Naira Stable by LordVoldemort(m): 12:50pm On May 26, 2016
Adebo007:

Buhari don't have anything to offer, he can't give what he does not have grin grin grin
The id!ot is a wasted sperm grin

You lack home training
Re: New Forex Policy: NSE Gains N354bn, Naira Stable by doyinisaac(m): 1:58pm On May 26, 2016
YoursGEJ:
Who the NSE gain epp? grin
It helped me,I just made 5naira per unit of my shares....my unit is 300000 units....so yes it helped me...
Re: New Forex Policy: NSE Gains N354bn, Naira Stable by mickey45: 3:47pm On May 28, 2016
doyinisaac:
It helped me,I just made 5naira per unit of my shares....my unit is 300000 units....so yes it helped me...

5.00NGN? which stock?
Re: New Forex Policy: NSE Gains N354bn, Naira Stable by mickey45: 3:49pm On May 28, 2016
Chukzyfcb:
From the comments posted so far, it seems most people don't knw why the NSE increased. Well I believe, because of the MPC's decision to "float" the naira. Investors are buying up shares in ANTICIPATION that foreign investors will soon penetrate the market coz of the news of floated dollar.
Remember foreign investors are seriously waiting for a devalued naira so they can RE-ENTER the the capital mkts.....so with the decision to float naira, there's so much speculation that they'll be bck, hence the massive buy=massive gain............Its a dangerous speculation but then that's stocks for you. You speculate!

Except we'll need a lot more than a freely floating currency for foreigners to enter our market I think. And CBN isn't really making it "freely floating"
Anyway, we wait

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Where can i get Rice Processing Equipment in Nigeria / How Do I Prevent Loan Apps Like Sokoloan From Calling My Contacts / HELP: Need To Build Up Bank Statement With Proof Of Funds For Immigration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.