Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,288 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

See What Lagos Government Plans To Replace Danfo With - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See What Lagos Government Plans To Replace Danfo With (3842 Views)

Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) / Ogun Dried River: Lagos Government Releases Statement / Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What Lagos Government Plans To Replace Danfo With by Endougs(m): 7:00am On May 26, 2016
The Lagos state government has unveiled new modern
buses it wants to use to replace and phase out danfo
and molues in the state.

The new buses are expected to be cheaper and durable
and the government advised danfo bus owners to key
into the project now before it is too late.

The commissioner for transportation, Dr. Dayo
Mobereola said the scheme would see to the
introduction of higher capacity buses that would have
30 seats as opposed to 14/18 seats, while the buses
would be Eco – friendly, air-conditioned,
comfortable, support for maintenance and backed by
appropriate workshop which creates jobs
Mobereola said with the introduction of the new mode of
transportation, danfo buses would be displaced
economically as Lagosians would be left to choose
between very cheaper means of transportation and
expensive danfos.

The commissioner said Lagosians would rather queue
up to board buses at cheaper rate than what the danfos
would offer, thus, displacing them economically, adding
that some of the existing danfo drivers had already
keyed into the project.
He said the National Union of Road Transport Workers
had already given government its support for the
project.

www-naij-com.0.freebasics.com/841088-see-new-vehicles-will-replace-danfos-molues-lagos-photos.html?source=index_main&iorg_service_id_internal=692981340802115">https://https-www-naij-com.0.freebasics.com/841088-see-new-vehicles-will-replace-danfos-molues-lagos-photos.html?source=index_main&iorg_service_id_internal=692981340802115%3BAfr6jZjQr7n9i_G2

Cc lalastica

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See What Lagos Government Plans To Replace Danfo With by Endougs(m): 7:02am On May 26, 2016
Ambode is working
Re: See What Lagos Government Plans To Replace Danfo With by Tos87(m): 7:03am On May 26, 2016
will those agboro personified and rascal conductors also be replaced? just asking.

btw... na watin Innoson do Ambode?

expecting another tweet from the common sense Senator when this is actualised.

4 Likes

Re: See What Lagos Government Plans To Replace Danfo With by Nobody: 7:03am On May 26, 2016
The good rugged , old danfo... We'll miss the good old rugged danfo. But all the same, it will save some people from the claws of those touts. grin

1 Like

Re: See What Lagos Government Plans To Replace Danfo With by Nobody: 7:11am On May 26, 2016
And again, made in China
Let's talk naintainance culture-sustainability which our govt lacks
Re: See What Lagos Government Plans To Replace Danfo With by Babzrockman: 7:12am On May 26, 2016
Lagos is blessed with visionary leaders. From Asiwaju Tinubu to Fashola and now Ambode.

Tinubu may be corrupt. But he has been outstanding in producing young politicians around him. He is also investing in Nigeria. TVC for me, is the best TV station in Nigeria right now.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Lagos Government Plans To Replace Danfo With by Nobody: 7:12am On May 26, 2016
some folks will plunge into the lagoon very soon.
ilu eko,ajemonu yoruba

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Lagos Government Plans To Replace Danfo With by jhydebaba(m): 7:12am On May 26, 2016
By the time you phase out all the touts, conductors, drivers, alcoholic sellers at bus stop. It is either they go back to there villages or escalate crime rate.
Re: See What Lagos Government Plans To Replace Danfo With by Nobody: 7:14am On May 26, 2016
Fix the roads first.

This is more like window dressing.

Imagine this plastics bus plying Mile2/Festac, Volx, Badagry Highway

3 Likes

Re: See What Lagos Government Plans To Replace Danfo With by subterfuge: 7:17am On May 26, 2016
BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL. IT WILL WORK VERY WELL, IF THE ROADS ARE VERY FINE. ARE THESE BUSSES REALLY THOUGH AND RUGGED?
Re: See What Lagos Government Plans To Replace Danfo With by happen2: 7:17am On May 26, 2016
Kirri:
And again, made in China
Let's talk naintainance culture-sustainability which our govt lacks
I think this is TATA and it is made in India

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Lagos Government Plans To Replace Danfo With by Nobody: 7:19am On May 26, 2016
kenonze:
Fix the roads first.

This is more like window dressing
Ain't you in Lagos?! Has he not tried enough, just within a Year, with the number of Roads he has commissioned?!
Give Caesar what belongs to Caesar. Ambode is simply doing good at present, hence we need to appreciate his good jobs!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Lagos Government Plans To Replace Danfo With by subterfuge: 7:19am On May 26, 2016
Step one is fix the ROADS. THEN PUT THE NEW BUSSES ON NEW ROADS
Re: See What Lagos Government Plans To Replace Danfo With by happen2: 7:20am On May 26, 2016
This is a good move to strategically phase out Agberos in Lagos and increase revenue for LASG.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See What Lagos Government Plans To Replace Danfo With by Thatitan234(m): 7:21am On May 26, 2016
hmmm... this is cool
Re: See What Lagos Government Plans To Replace Danfo With by moshmusth(m): 7:24am On May 26, 2016
I am dissappointed in people that praise govt in lagos too high, LGSG IGR dwarf most of other states IGR and their probably the 6th on the list of earners from FG.. all this are expected of LASG and more are even expected of me than they are doing cause LGS is a Mega city in Africa and in the world.

1 Like

Re: See What Lagos Government Plans To Replace Danfo With by investnotspend: 7:27am On May 26, 2016
subterfuge:
Step one is fix the ROADS.
THEN PUT THE NEW BUSSES ON NEW ROADS

Step 3 is to use your brain before talking and use your glasses as lagosians can see and feel the roads being fixed already , ambode is working and we all can see , don't just come here and be using mouth to drive motor

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Lagos Government Plans To Replace Danfo With by solid3(m): 7:27am On May 26, 2016
I wish my northern and Eastern governors will think and act like this south west governor, Nigeria would be a better place.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Lagos Government Plans To Replace Danfo With by ba7man(m): 7:30am On May 26, 2016
Xbabangida:
The good rugged , old danfo... We'll miss the good old rugged danfo. But all the same, it will save some people from the claws of those touts. grin
Correction....... You will miss those dirty, wretched, death trap buses.

It's about time they're turned to scrap metal and melted to make spoons.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Lagos Government Plans To Replace Danfo With by thesicilian: 7:30am On May 26, 2016
These are BRTs
Re: See What Lagos Government Plans To Replace Danfo With by ba7man(m): 7:32am On May 26, 2016
moshmusth:
I am dissappointed in people that praise govt in lagos too high, LGSG IGR dwarf most of other states IGR and their probably the 6th on the list of earners from FG.. all this are expected of LASG and more are even expected of me than they are doing cause LGS is a Mega city in Africa and in the world.
What are the South south states doing with their own allocation?

They recieve the monies and still claim they're marginalized..... undecided

4 Likes

Re: See What Lagos Government Plans To Replace Danfo With by ba7man(m): 7:35am On May 26, 2016
jhydebaba:
By the time you phase out all the touts, conductors, drivers, alcoholic sellers at bus stop. It is either they go back to there villages or escalate crime rate.

They should be exterminated in large numbers if that state is to move ahead.
Re: See What Lagos Government Plans To Replace Danfo With by juman(m): 7:38am On May 26, 2016
Wishing the governor well.

Expecting him to perform wonders as governor.
Re: See What Lagos Government Plans To Replace Danfo With by aeronot(m): 7:39am On May 26, 2016
[color=#006600][/color][quote author=Babzrockman post=45975477]Lagos is blessed with visionary leaders. From Asiwaju Tinubu to Fashola and now Ambode.

Tinubu may be corrupt. But he has been outstanding in producing young politicians around him. He is also investing in Nigeria. TVC for me, is the best TV station in Nigeria right now.[What is TVC manufacturing? A tool for propangada/image laundry is regarded as investment by you?]
Re: See What Lagos Government Plans To Replace Danfo With by Deluxii(m): 7:40am On May 26, 2016
ba7man:
Correction....... You will miss those dirty, wretched, death trap buses.

It's about time they're turned to scrap metal and melted to make spoons.
correct man 1Trillion LIKES for your comment bro lolz!

2 Likes

Re: See What Lagos Government Plans To Replace Danfo With by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:46am On May 26, 2016
Babzrockman:
Lagos is blessed with visionary leaders. From Asiwaju Tinubu to Fashola and now Ambode.

Tinubu may be corrupt. But he has been outstanding in producing young politicians around him. He is also investing in Nigeria. TVC for me, is the best TV station in Nigeria right now.
I am 100% PDP but I must always admit, Tinubu is an enigma and asset. A Juggernaut and performer. Non of his successors have matched him yet. He is the brain behind the template foe Lagos development.

Fashola was media amplified though.

3 Likes

Re: See What Lagos Government Plans To Replace Danfo With by Ajibel(m): 7:47am On May 26, 2016
1. Lemme say that this looks nice.

2. But why did the govt choose the blue and white color instead of the normal yellow we know danfos for?

3. Okay after our good ol' rickety buses have been fazed out, what do we call these new buses? grin

I really liked the way this government backs their words with action immediately. They made this announcement to do this few days back and now we are seeing pictures of real intent.

Eko o ni baje oo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See What Lagos Government Plans To Replace Danfo With by Slikbae: 7:57am On May 26, 2016
cool
Re: See What Lagos Government Plans To Replace Danfo With by comos: 8:00am On May 26, 2016
are they Innoson motors ?

Ambode should patronize Nigeria made vehicles
Re: See What Lagos Government Plans To Replace Danfo With by Babzrockman: 8:23am On May 26, 2016
[=TonyeBarcanista ]
I am 100% PDP but I must always admit, Tinubu is an enigma and asset. A Juggernaut and performer. Non of his successors have matched him yet. He is the brain behind the template foe Lagos development.

Fashola was media amplified though.

[/It's people of TonyeBarcanista calibres we needed in discussing constructive criticism and i m happy he has commented under my comment. Boss, u are one of the true patriotic of this forum ]
Re: See What Lagos Government Plans To Replace Danfo With by Nobody: 8:39am On May 26, 2016
The exterior colour is suppose to be the normal danfo bus colour. #That's one of the pride of Eko!
Re: See What Lagos Government Plans To Replace Danfo With by Odunharry(m): 8:54am On May 26, 2016
kenonze:
Fix the roads first.

This is more like window dressing.

Imagine this plastics bus plying Mile2/Festac, Volx, Badagry Highway
Before it gets to barrack it will break down..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Refuses To Endorse Tony Nwoye, Says “young Man, I Wish You Goodluck" / Sniffing And Smoking Lizard Sh!t And Tails Is Trending In The North / Ihedioha's Lead Counsel Kanu Agabi Withdraws From Supreme Court Review Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.