Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,769 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

5 Ways To Avoid Damage To Battery While Charging Your Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Ways To Avoid Damage To Battery While Charging Your Phone (23881 Views)

Things You Should Never Do While Charging Your Smartphone / Man's Phone Burnt After Answering Call While Charging It (Photos) / 5 Mistakes You Make While Charging Your Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Ways To Avoid Damage To Battery While Charging Your Phone by Skycoded(m): 1:08pm On May 26, 2016
A battery is the most important component of any smartphone. There are some phone batteries that take seconds to charge and at the same time, it takes seconds to drain. This can be very annoying because it limits you the things you can do with your phone like taking selfies, listening to music and watching videos. Therefore, it is important to charge your phone properly in order to prevent the damage of your battery or its quick charge. Here are some tips to prevent the damage of your battery while charging your phone.

Always use the charger that comes with your phone

If you bought a new phone, it is better to always use the charger that came with your phone whenever you want to charge. But if you bought  fairly used, do not just buy any charger. Using any charger to charge your phone can damage your gadget or battery.

Keep your phone cool, dry place

The position you place your battery is important. Do not place it in a hot place for example, where the rays of the sun can reach it. Your battery will drain faster when it is hot. As a caveat, it is better you unplug it when it is hot and always disconnect it whenever it is fully charged.

Don't Calibrate your Battery

Calibrating your battery means that you want your android phone to properly report the percentage charge of your device. Many phone users calibrate their phones when it moves from nearly full to nearly empty. Notwithstanding, you do not need to calibrate your battery. It is either you replace your battery or use it like that. If you rely on calibration to boost your battery, it can destroy your battery and device.

Intermittent charging

Rather than charging your phone at a go, it is better to charge it intermittently throughout the day. That means charge only charge your phone when it is under 50% and not expressly allowing it to charge.

Keep your device half full

Your phone do not need to charge 100% before you remove it. To make your battery last longer, always keep it charged above 50%.

Source: - http://www.skycoded.net/forum/13381-5-ways-to-avoid-damage-to-battery-while-charging-your-phone

5 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Damage To Battery While Charging Your Phone by dcommissioner: 1:29pm On May 26, 2016
nice 1
Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Damage To Battery While Charging Your Phone by Aubrey1(m): 1:33pm On May 26, 2016
How I go take manage 50% for 2 days ?

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Damage To Battery While Charging Your Phone by bennygreat1(m): 1:42pm On May 26, 2016
Aubrey1:

help me ask the OP!!!!

In Nigeria ooooo!!!

18 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Damage To Battery While Charging Your Phone by PrinceFromDilli(m): 3:42pm On May 26, 2016
To maintain 50% charge Buhari, Fashola and Lai Mohammed most stop deceiving us.

10 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Damage To Battery While Charging Your Phone by muhyeenisce(m): 6:02pm On May 26, 2016
that second pishure look like bold5 o ;Dthat second pishure look like bold5 o
Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Damage To Battery While Charging Your Phone by Ucheosefoh(m): 7:40pm On May 26, 2016
Since I brought my phone one month ago I never let it run down completely I rather switch it off at 20 percent than run it down
Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Damage To Battery While Charging Your Phone by nikkyshyne(f): 9:59pm On May 26, 2016
Aubrey1:
Disregard. Not for Nigerians. Lol

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Damage To Battery While Charging Your Phone by pwettiejay(f): 2:25am On May 27, 2016
Not for blackberry users abeg

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Damage To Battery While Charging Your Phone by Nobody: 7:08am On Jun 24, 2016
so....mah no charqe if my phone dey above 50% undecided

is dhiz op serious at all

NO NIGERIAN CAN DO THAT...I MEAN NO NIGERIAN

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Damage To Battery While Charging Your Phone by Mimexy(f): 7:08am On Jun 24, 2016
How do I keep my battery slightly above 50% when I know there won't be light for 3 days after that charge

6 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Damage To Battery While Charging Your Phone by Pyno30: 7:09am On Jun 24, 2016
Simple way,,
Don't over Charge your Battery

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Damage To Battery While Charging Your Phone by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:10am On Jun 24, 2016
Op is high on rum.

Just checkigodu! u no come see light for 1week, dem come bring am & u no wan makai charge my phone full abii? Op! FYI, I dey charge my own close 2 200%

4 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Damage To Battery While Charging Your Phone by clintino700(m): 7:11am On Jun 24, 2016
this sound funny oh..
So how do u receive ur calls??
quote author=Ucheosefoh post=45997425]Since I brought my phone one month ago I never let it run down completely I rather switch it off at 20 percent than run it down[/quote]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Damage To Battery While Charging Your Phone by Dottore: 7:11am On Jun 24, 2016
Ok
Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Damage To Battery While Charging Your Phone by Pyno30: 7:11am On Jun 24, 2016
muhyeenisce:
that second pishure look like bold5 o ;Dthat second pishure look like bold5 o

So you came to look pictures not even to read the write up
Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Damage To Battery While Charging Your Phone by Cutezt(m): 7:11am On Jun 24, 2016
Op, When Fashola Is Saying All Power Belongs To God, If I See Light Make I No Charge Fully Ba? You Haf Mad

2 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Damage To Battery While Charging Your Phone by Opistorincos(m): 7:11am On Jun 24, 2016
Nice tips there man.... y nlanders no too dey comment for tech topics?? If na snake mata nw dis thrrad for don reach 20 pages

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Damage To Battery While Charging Your Phone by Nobody: 7:13am On Jun 24, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
Op is high on rum. I chharge my own close 2 200%

Jehovah.. Haha lol.. With the nepa dey do

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Damage To Battery While Charging Your Phone by Nobody: 7:14am On Jun 24, 2016
Aubrey1:

na lyk this....no press anytin 4 d fone for dat 2 days...e go last u 5 days

2 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Damage To Battery While Charging Your Phone by countsparrow: 7:14am On Jun 24, 2016
@OP, ko le werk!!!

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Damage To Battery While Charging Your Phone by Pyno30: 7:15am On Jun 24, 2016
Mimexy:
How do I keep my battery slightly above 50% when I know there won't be light for 3 days after that charge

Apart from there will be no light for three days,,

If any woman's battery last for five Hours,, then it must be Nokia Torchlight

2 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Damage To Battery While Charging Your Phone by W3irDo: 7:15am On Jun 24, 2016
Interesting
Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Damage To Battery While Charging Your Phone by W3irDo: 7:15am On Jun 24, 2016
Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Damage To Battery While Charging Your Phone by GoldenJAT(m): 7:15am On Jun 24, 2016
Mr poster... Na Nigerians we be... u understand?

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Damage To Battery While Charging Your Phone by realGURU(m): 7:16am On Jun 24, 2016
Why fail exam when u can easily pass it, why waste your time chatting , why waste ur mb and time commenting on this poo when you can learn new things click my signature to for free, jamb, sat, post ume, Gre, toefl, icann exams pass questions and answers
Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Damage To Battery While Charging Your Phone by Pyno30: 7:17am On Jun 24, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
Op is high on rum.

Just checkigodu, u no come see light for 1week & dem come bring am & u no wan makai charge my phone full abii? Op! FYI, I dey charge my own close 2 200%

You after the normal battery charge you do also reserve Spare Charge
Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Damage To Battery While Charging Your Phone by crunchyg: 7:17am On Jun 24, 2016
K
Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Damage To Battery While Charging Your Phone by FakeNEWSevryday: 7:17am On Jun 24, 2016
Cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SpaceX In Talks With NCC To Bring Satellite-Based Broadband Internet To Nigeria / Things To Avoid While Buying A Smartphone / Gloeverydaybonanza: Pictures Showing Olamide With The First Car Winner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.