Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,583 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

5 Ways To Avoid Damage To Battery While Charging Your Phone - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Ways To Avoid Damage To Battery While Charging Your Phone (23877 Views)

Things You Should Never Do While Charging Your Smartphone / Man's Phone Burnt After Answering Call While Charging It (Photos) / 5 Mistakes You Make While Charging Your Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Damage To Battery While Charging Your Phone by cokhale(m): 7:18am On Jun 24, 2016
is it proper to charger ur phone for a longtime when it is full 100 percent.
Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Damage To Battery While Charging Your Phone by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:22am On Jun 24, 2016
Blossom023:

Jehovah.. Haha lol.. With the nepa dey do
U dey Mind Op??
Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Damage To Battery While Charging Your Phone by 2kurupt(m): 7:26am On Jun 24, 2016
Ucheosefoh:
Since I brought my phone one month ago I never let it run down completely I rather switch it off at 20 percent than run it down

Then of what use is a shiny new smartphone, if you'll rather put it off when it's still got 20% battery juice? undecided
Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Damage To Battery While Charging Your Phone by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:27am On Jun 24, 2016
Pyno30:

You after the normal battery charge you do also reserve Spare Charge
I teeyuuu! As PHCN dem learn another thing, we resort to taking precautionary measures

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Damage To Battery While Charging Your Phone by KangaIye: 7:31am On Jun 24, 2016
Forget all these story just get yourself powerbank
Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Damage To Battery While Charging Your Phone by Gracito(f): 7:32am On Jun 24, 2016
50 per cent? Mbanu! As I See light, I go dey Charge dey go.
Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Damage To Battery While Charging Your Phone by Ucheosefoh(m): 7:33am On Jun 24, 2016
2kurupt:

Then of what use is a shiny new smartphone, if you'll rather put it off when it's still got 20% battery juice? undecided
The lowest my battery had been is 10% I read that letting battery to die completely shortened the lifespan so I no wan begin they look for another battery.
I either put it off at that level or leave it on stand still mode.
Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Damage To Battery While Charging Your Phone by eightsin(m): 7:39am On Jun 24, 2016
i have not seen light since two days and you say i should not charge 100% when the light is restored?

no way!!!

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Damage To Battery While Charging Your Phone by kenoz(m): 7:39am On Jun 24, 2016
Nice info
Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Damage To Battery While Charging Your Phone by Mcowubaba: 7:43am On Jun 24, 2016
When we manage see light, we charge 150%, plus 3 power banks

This country don finish grin grin grin angry grin angry
Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Damage To Battery While Charging Your Phone by tempem: 7:43am On Jun 24, 2016
Ucheosefoh:
Since I brought my phone one month ago I never let it run down completely I rather switch it off at 20 percent than run it down

You don't need a phone.. Lol
Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Damage To Battery While Charging Your Phone by just2endowed: 7:48am On Jun 24, 2016
Power situation in my area had worsen beyond what I can recall. Nepa doesn't bring power for more than 4 days. We only have light twice weekly.

Well, my Romoss powerbank had really supported me and I have patch it to my daily life now.
Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Damage To Battery While Charging Your Phone by Ucheosefoh(m): 7:52am On Jun 24, 2016
tempem:

You don't need a phone.. Lol
lol it depends on my location I hardly stay a day without having light so it is not wise to leave it run down.
For this hard economy man pikin no get money to buy another battery.
Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Damage To Battery While Charging Your Phone by xreal: 7:52am On Jun 24, 2016
4th and 5th don't work in Nigeria, 'cos no one knows when next NEPA will bring light; and we charge even when phone is 100% 'cos we don't know how much petrol may cost in the next minute.
Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Damage To Battery While Charging Your Phone by Nobody: 7:58am On Jun 24, 2016
You, when your phone reaches 100% after 3 days of blackout

Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Damage To Battery While Charging Your Phone by tempem: 8:04am On Jun 24, 2016
Ucheosefoh:
lol it depends on my location I hardly stay a day without having light so it is not wise to leave it run down.
For this hard economy man pikin no get money to buy another battery.
Valid point, bro. Do have a lovely day... Don't forget to turn off your phone as soon as it's below 20% grin cheesy
Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Damage To Battery While Charging Your Phone by 2kurupt(m): 8:20am On Jun 24, 2016
Ucheosefoh:
The lowest my battery had been is 10% I read that letting battery to die completely shortened the lifespan so I no wan begin they look for another battery.
I either put it off at that level or leave it on stand still mode.

I get your point but don't you think it's an overkill since the phone is just a month old? Coz the battery is gonna die eventually.

Hope you know 20% can still get you 5 to 8 hours with data turned off?
Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Damage To Battery While Charging Your Phone by BrainnewsNg(f): 8:21am On Jun 24, 2016
Skycoded:
A battery is the most important component of any smartphone. There are some phone batteries that take seconds to charge and at the same time, it takes seconds to drain. This can be very annoying because it limits you the things you can do with your phone like taking selfies, listening to music and watching videos. Therefore, it is important to charge your phone properly in order to prevent the damage of your battery or its quick charge. Here are some tips to prevent the damage of your battery while charging your phone.

Always use the charger that comes with your phone

If you bought a new phone, it is better to always use the charger that came with your phone whenever you want to charge. But if you bought fairly used, do not just buy any charger. Using any charger to charge your phone can damage your gadget or battery.

Keep your phone cool, dry place

The position you place your battery is important. Do not place it in a hot place for example, where the rays of the sun can reach it. Your battery will drain faster when it is hot. As a caveat, it is better you unplug it when it is hot and always disconnect it whenever it is fully charged.

Don't Calibrate your Battery

Calibrating your battery means that you want your android phone to properly report the percentage charge of your device. Many phone users calibrate their phones when it moves from nearly full to nearly empty. Notwithstanding, you do not need to calibrate your battery. It is either you replace your battery or use it like that. If you rely on calibration to boost your battery, it can destroy your battery and device.

Intermittent charging

Rather than charging your phone at a go, it is better to charge it intermittently throughout the day. That means charge only charge your phone when it is under 50% and not expressly allowing it to charge.

Keep your device half full

Your phone do not need to charge 100% before you remove it. To make your battery last longer, always keep it charged above 50%.

Source: - http://www.skycoded.net/forum/13381-5-ways-to-avoid-damage-to-battery-while-charging-your-phone

Thanks op
Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Damage To Battery While Charging Your Phone by Akjr(m): 8:21am On Jun 24, 2016
I wish i can stick to ur sayings... Crying out loud in BUHARI's voive 'somebody help, am addicted 2 ma smart phone' cant do without it 4 5secs as long as its charged.... Mean while, any single lady within 17-20 here Quote me
Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Damage To Battery While Charging Your Phone by femi4: 8:27am On Jun 24, 2016
Mimexy:
How do I keep my battery slightly above 50% when I know there won't be light for 3 days after that charge
come and charge at my place
Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Damage To Battery While Charging Your Phone by Franklyf(m): 8:27am On Jun 24, 2016
I really understand your tips. It seems you are living outside Naija. I no go get for 3days when light go come I go still changed phone half. My Bro, to change phone you must on your Generator at least for an hour. In all I thank Fashola ( a serious Govt can solve Power problem in 6 Months) for trowing the country into darkness and I seriously thank the change Govt for not changing Fashola after 6months in Power Ministry and for in seriousness.
Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Damage To Battery While Charging Your Phone by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:33am On Jun 24, 2016
2kurupt:

I get your point but don't you think it's an overkill since the phone is just a month old? Coz the battery is gonna die eventually.

Hope you know 20% can still get you 5 to 8 hours with data turned off?
My battery is a 4000 mah capacity so by the time it will get to that level It must have been late in the night and I may not really have need to use it till I charge again. As a former BlackBerry user my battery frustrated me to the extent of having four batteries and power bank then when the prices was favorable not now everything have skyrocketed so I have to manage the one I got the best way possible
Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Damage To Battery While Charging Your Phone by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:35am On Jun 24, 2016
tempem:

Valid point, bro. Do have a lovely day... Don't forget to turn off your phone as soon as it's below 20% grin cheesy
lol I will and you too
Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Damage To Battery While Charging Your Phone by silversonuc(m): 8:38am On Jun 24, 2016
Mimexy:
How do I keep my battery slightly above 50% when I know there won't be light for 3 days after that charge

lol easy nao, we knw op is high on buhari's piss buh lets tk it jeje on him biko
Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Damage To Battery While Charging Your Phone by superfelix: 8:50am On Jun 24, 2016
Lol... your Tips is not applicable in this country
Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Damage To Battery While Charging Your Phone by Kobicove(m): 9:59am On Jun 24, 2016
I don't agree with point number 4 - intermittent charging...

There is such a thing as "Charging cycle". This refers to the number of times you can re-charge the battery before it starts to degrade.

What this means is that the frequency with which you recharge a battery determines its lifespan! smiley
Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Damage To Battery While Charging Your Phone by TheLoneCitizen(m): 10:01am On Jun 24, 2016
Blossom023:

J*****h.. Haha lol.. With the nepa dey do

You must be a Witness, using your heavenly Father's name so unnecessarily.
Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Damage To Battery While Charging Your Phone by Globalhustler(m): 10:10am On Jun 24, 2016
Nice one
Neatly Used Tecno c8 for sale 26k. 07039450095. I want to upgrade to c9
Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Damage To Battery While Charging Your Phone by Nobody: 10:11am On Jun 24, 2016
TheLoneCitizen:

You must be a Witness, using your heavenly Father's name so unnecessarily.
I'm not a witness.. But is it disturbing you?
Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Damage To Battery While Charging Your Phone by Sultanchidi(m): 10:36am On Jun 24, 2016
bennygreat1:

help me ask the OP!!!!

In Nigeria ooooo!!!
E b like say d op dey stay USA
Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Damage To Battery While Charging Your Phone by Topestbilly(m): 11:11am On Jun 24, 2016
Aubrey1:
How I go take manage 50% for 2 days ?

U dey mind op on dat 1... b like say no b Nigeria em dey

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MTN Increased SME Data Share Price / FG Orders NCC To Reduce Costs Of Data In Nigeria / Glo Announces Start Of NIN Registration At Its Retail Centres

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.