Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,625 members, 7,813,054 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:49 AM

Can Anyone Repair This Clock? - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Can Anyone Repair This Clock? (979 Views)

Sound Blaster Bluetooth Speaker With LCD Screen, FM, Clock, Etc / Plz How Much Will It Cost Me To Repair This Lumia??? / Repair+troubleshooting+NETWORKING(NEW LAPTOPS MOTHERBOARD) On Docconceptscom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Anyone Repair This Clock? by kayjasper(f): 1:37pm On May 26, 2016
Hello Nairaland, am here to ask for your help.

I have this 7ft pendulum grandfather clock (that's the name this relic is called in case u don't know) that has been in my family since 1980, even before I was born!!

The clock chimes at every 15 minutes and gives a great booming count at the stroke of every hour!!

Unfortunately, due to dust and probably poor handling of the pendulum, the clock and it's mechanism has stopped working.

I am here to ask if there is anyone out there who knows how and where this clock can be repaired?

I want to refurbish it and present it to my parents as their next wedding anniversary gift .

Please if u know anyone or anywhere where it can be repaired pls feel free to contact me here.

Thanks in advance!!

Re: Can Anyone Repair This Clock? by Ewuro4: 9:30am On May 28, 2016
Oh dear! That's one freaking fortune right there... Browse Horologists in Lagos (prolly urban areas like Lekki& co) , otherwise you'll risk losing the parts to random handy men .

Have you tried changing the batteries?
Re: Can Anyone Repair This Clock? by EnterPRO: 1:13pm On May 28, 2016
^^^ there's one at Surulere Shoprite. on the corridor leading into the mall.

the man has been repairing watches and clocks since the middle ages.
Re: Can Anyone Repair This Clock? by Codedboy95(m): 4:08pm On May 28, 2016
So this is it.. i looked for this clock so hard back then cry
Re: Can Anyone Repair This Clock? by kayjasper(f): 8:57am On May 29, 2016
Ewuro4:
Oh dear! That's one freaking fortune right there... Browse Horologists in Lagos (prolly urban areas like Lekki& co) , otherwise you'll risk losing the parts to random handy men .

Have you tried changing the batteries?

Thanks sister mi.

I will do just that .

Cant risk just anyone having a go at it for the sheet fun .

The clock is worth about 200k in Lagos as at last month.

It doesn't use batteries though.
The pendulum are serving as the batteries.
You pull it up and then after seven days it goes down and stops, then you pull it up again to start working.

1 Like

Re: Can Anyone Repair This Clock? by kayjasper(f): 8:58am On May 29, 2016
EnterPRO:
^^^ there's one at Surulere Shoprite. on the corridor leading into the mall.

the man has been repairing watches and clocks since the middle ages.

Thank You Monsieur EnterPro for the heads up, will check there asap.

1 Like

Re: Can Anyone Repair This Clock? by kayjasper(f): 9:01am On May 29, 2016
Codedboy95:
So this is it.. i looked for this clock so hard back then cry

Lol....u were looking for it for what reason?

To sell the pendulum stick for 1 million naira abi?
Lmao.

That rumor was everywhere then but obviously nobody actually had evidence that they were buying it for that outrageous amount.

Had a lot of friends who came around asking to buy it off me too, but I can't just do that.

Do you know the brand new of this same clock, same height (7feet) goes for 180k in Lagos?

That's how precious this clock is!!!
Re: Can Anyone Repair This Clock? by Ewuro4: 9:27am On May 29, 2016
kayjasper:

Thanks sister mi.

I will do just that .

Cant risk just anyone having a go at it for the sheet fun .

The clock is worth about 200k in Lagos as at last month.

It doesn't use batteries though.
The pendulum are serving as the batteries.
You pull it up and then after seven days it goes down and stops, then you pull it up again to start working.

You're welcome my dear.

Be careful oh , 200 kini, I saw one on wayfair here for over $2k. Go to reputable repair companies , it's worth the hassle.

Happy Sunday! kiss

(1) (Reply)

ADVANTAGES OF SWITCHING TO GREEN ENERGY / Hp Elitebook Folio For Sale / Iphone 8 Plus(320k) just 1 left. Brand new

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.