Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,809 members, 7,851,716 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:16 AM

Pc Restarting - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Pc Restarting (685 Views)

Alternative Way To Solve Ur Pc Restarting Issue Witout Formatting The Harddrive / My New Pc Restarting Frequently By Itself / My Laptop Keeps Restarting After Hp Logo Screen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pc Restarting by Nobody: 1:45pm On Aug 21, 2009
Hello nland, 4 d pass 2 days my decktop keep restarting anytime i put it on. Sometime it restart b4 it even load 2 window. Pls guy wat most have been d coz, i need help.
Re: Pc Restarting by sleekdot(m): 4:58pm On Aug 21, 2009
the fan might be working,let sm1 check it b4 it burns d processor.if u can open the back case check if the fan on the cooling sink is rolling
Re: Pc Restarting by routik(m): 6:57pm On Aug 21, 2009
there may be partial contact inside the system unit. check all your connections inside the system unit and fix the power cables properly.
Re: Pc Restarting by deji2009(m): 12:32am On Aug 22, 2009
After you"ve check all this let us know if it is xp or vista and how is your machine ?

I wouldnt suggest that you open the casing simply because you havent got all the safety equipment like anti-static wrist bands etc.

please answer the following simple question, this are the question we ask a customer where I work as IT support Technician

Is the fan running (back of pc)

Can you hear the hard drive clicking, any pheripherals attach like printer, speakers etc

how long does it stay on before it restart?

Does it gives any error message?

Any beeping of sound known as (post beeps) ?

are you using the correct power cable

has there been power cut recently?

check all the usb ports for any damages !

Deji sunday
Re: Pc Restarting by deji2009(m): 12:38am On Aug 22, 2009
how old is your machine and what the make? does it have a warranty ? meanwhile, I know this may sound weired but it does work 80% of the

time. well let keep our fingers cross and hope it work. hold your finger down on the power button on your PC, now dotn me alarm! nothing would

happen because we"ve disconnect everthing dont remove your finger until 2o seconds as this discharge the static buil up on the motherboard

Connect just power cable, monitor, keybaord, mouse and power on and see if it restart if does then likely is hardware fault but we need to do a simple test to verfy that
Re: Pc Restarting by Nobody: 9:04am On Aug 24, 2009
@ sleekdot hey u r right d fan is not working. I did open it & find out dat d fan on d processor alway stop & start again. Shd i change d power pack? @ all lv ur comment thax.
Re: Pc Restarting by sleekdot(m): 11:45am On Aug 24, 2009
dont change the power pack,it has nothin to do with that,just replace that(One on the processor) fan,it mite still be good though,mite just need to lubricate it,which u mite not know how to do.Just replace the fan in the processor.Nice week to y'all

(1) (Reply)

Which Internet Connection Do You Feel Is The Best? / Will This Method Work Or Have Any Effect On My Pc / How Do I Get Back To Browsing With My Phone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.