Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,183 members, 7,811,463 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:08 PM

If God's Love Is Unconditional - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If God's Love Is Unconditional (996 Views)

God's Love Might Not Always Be Pleasurable. See Why / 14 Inspiring Bible Verses About God's Love / What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If God's Love Is Unconditional by akeensbussy(m): 6:09pm On May 26, 2016
If God's love is unconditional, why did he allow the Devil to have access into the garden of Eden knowing-fully well that Adam and Eve are not as powerful as he is?
Re: If God's Love Is Unconditional by cloudgoddess(f): 8:47pm On Jun 01, 2016
Good question undecided
Re: If God's Love Is Unconditional by ayoku777(m): 1:39am On Jun 02, 2016
akeensbussy:
If God's love is unconditional, why did he allow the Devil to have access into the garden of Eden knowing-fully well that Adam and Eve are not as powerful as he is?

Your assumption is wrong. The devil is not more powerful than the human will. The devil can only tempt you to do something, he can't force you to do it.

If Adam and Eve had told the serpent, "God said not to eat of this tree, so we won't." The devil will not force the fruit down their throat, he has no such power over them.

So those who say, "The devil made me do it.", are lying. Because the devil can only tempt you to do something, he can't make you do anything.

The only authority the devil has over us is the one we give to him when we yield to his temptations.

Shalom

1 Like

Re: If God's Love Is Unconditional by davien(m): 1:42am On Jun 02, 2016
ayoku777:

Your assumption is wrong. The devil is not more powerful than the human will. The devil can only tempt you to do something, he can't force you to do it.

If Adam and Eve had told the serpent, "God said not to eat of this tree, so we won't." The devil will not force the fruit down their throat, he has no such power over them.

So those who say, "The devil made me do it.", are lying. Because the devil can only tempt you to do something, he can't make you do anything.

The only authority the devil has over us is the one we give to him when we yield to his temptations.

Shalom
If god made them in its image and they were "tempted" then won't that mean by deduction god can be tempted by the devil?
Re: If God's Love Is Unconditional by ayoku777(m): 7:54am On Jun 02, 2016
davien:
If god made them in its image and they were "tempted" then won't that mean by deduction god can be tempted by the devil?

No, God cannot be tempted. Because temptation is the enticement to disobey God. God cannot disobey Himself, He can't be enticed to disobey Himself. So God cannot be tempted.

James 1v13 -Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

It is only Yahweh that the logic of temptation does not apply to. Because He cannot disobey Himself. But we can disobey God. Being made in the image of God does not make us Yahweh.

Shalom
Re: If God's Love Is Unconditional by cloudgoddess(f): 1:31pm On Jun 02, 2016
ayoku777:

No, God cannot be tempted. Because temptation is the enticement to disobey God. God cannot disobey Himself, He can't be enticed to disobey Himself. So God cannot be tempted.

James 1v13 -Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

It is only Yahweh that the logic of temptation does not apply to. Because He cannot disobey Himself. But we can disobey God. Being made in the image of God does not make us Yahweh.

Shalom
Wasn't Jesus tempted?

2 Likes

Re: If God's Love Is Unconditional by ayoku777(m): 4:48pm On Jun 02, 2016
cloudgoddess:

Wasn't Jesus tempted?

Is JESUS Yahweh?
Re: If God's Love Is Unconditional by cloudgoddess(f): 1:08am On Jun 03, 2016
ayoku777:

Is Jesus Yahweh?
Yes, according to those who subscribe to the holy trinity doctrine.
Re: If God's Love Is Unconditional by ayoku777(m): 8:01am On Jun 03, 2016
cloudgoddess:

Yes, according to those who subscribe to the holy trinity doctrine.

How about "according to what bible said" and not "according to those who subscribe"?

Because according to the bible you're wrong. That's why its good to get your opinion directly from the scriptures and not from people's opinion.

Jesus Christ has a God and Father -Yahweh;

John 20v17 -Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; AND TO MY GOD, and your God.

Someone He prays to and obeys;

Phil 2v8 -8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and BECAME OBEDIENT unto (the point of) death, even the death of the cross.

Someone He can be tempted to disobey (but He never did);

Matthew 4v8 -Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;

And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.

10  Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord (Yahweh) thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

Jesus is in heaven now, seated at the right hand of Yahweh. Can Jesus be seated at His own right hand; if He is also Yahweh? No! He is at the right of His God and Father.

Acts 7v55 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God, 56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

Jesus is also in heaven now, interceeding for us. Who is He praying to? It can't be Himself. It is to His Father and God, Yahweh.

Romans 8v34 -Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also MAKETH INTERCESSION FOR US.

I can go on and on, to show you more scriptures that make clear that Yeshua is not Yahweh. They are two different persons.

Jesus is God, but He Himself has someone He calls "My God". Jesus is not the Most High God. It is Yahweh, His Father and God. And only Yahweh cannot be tempted.

Shalom
Re: If God's Love Is Unconditional by cloudgoddess(f): 3:27pm On Jun 03, 2016
ayoku777:

How about "according to what bible said" and not "according to those who subscribe"?

Because according to the bible you're wrong. That's why its good to get your opinion directly from the scriptures and not from people's opinion.

Jesus Christ has a God and Father -Yahweh;

John 20v17 -Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; AND TO MY GOD, and your God.

Someone He prays to and obeys;

Phil 2v8 -8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and BECAME OBEDIENT unto (the point of) death, even the death of the cross.

Someone He can be tempted to disobey (but He never did);

Matthew 4v8 -Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;

And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.

10  Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord (Yahweh) thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

Jesus is in heaven now, seated at the right hand of Yahweh. Can Jesus be seated at His own right hand; if He is also Yahweh? No! He is at the right of His God and Father.

Acts 7v55 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God, 56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

Jesus is also in heaven now, interceeding for us. Who is He praying to? It can't be Himself. It is to His Father and God, Yahweh.

Romans 8v34 -Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also MAKETH INTERCESSION FOR US.

I can go on and on, to show you more scriptures that make clear that Yeshua is not Yahweh. They are two different persons.

Jesus is God, but He Himself has someone He calls "My God". Jesus is not the Most High God. It is Yahweh, His Father and God. And only Yahweh cannot be tempted.

Shalom
Ok. There are millions of Christians who subscribe to Holy Trinity. Maybe you should alert them that they're wrong.

You probably haven't noticed but the bible can be used to support an unlimited number of diverse positions, due to it's disorganized and contradictory nature. That's why there are over 30,000 denominations of Christianity who all think they're correct. I don't see yours as any different.

2 Likes

Re: If God's Love Is Unconditional by ayoku777(m): 4:18pm On Jun 03, 2016
cloudgoddess:

Ok. There are millions of Christians who subscribe to Holy Trinity. Maybe you should alert them that they're wrong.

You probably haven't noticed but the bible can be used to support an unlimited number of diverse positions, due to it's disorganized and contradictory nature. That's why there are over 30,000 denominations of Christianity who all think they're correct. I don't see yours as any different.

Ofcourse I've alerted a lot of people to that error. And many others are doing the same. And the truth is spreading gradually.

And the error is not the bible's fault. Its people's fault. Anybody can project their sentiments to any scripture and give it their private interpretation depending on their motives. That doesn't make their opinions correct.

And its not just the bible. People can also judge someone or something rightly or wrongly depending on their sentiments towards that person. Its a common human error.

But believers who don't project their sentiments to the interpretation of verses but simply let the bible say what it said, will see that the doctrine of three persons in one God is wrong.

Yeshua and Yahweh are not the same person, and they are not on the same level of authority either. You don't pray to yourself or to your equal or call your equal "My God", the way Yeshua calls Yahweh.

This is no brainer to someone who interpretes scripture without sentiments. The bible is clear enough. Don't blame the scriptures for human errors.

Shalom
Re: If God's Love Is Unconditional by akeensbussy(m): 2:20pm On Jun 05, 2016
ayoku777:

Shalom

You have not answered my question. why would God even allowed the devil near them not to talk of tempting? because God Love is unconditional. after creating something and u claim to love your creation very well. Why would you give the devil access to it when you know that the devil only come to steal and to destroy.

Then u start blaming your creation for your lapses.
Re: If God's Love Is Unconditional by ayoku777(m): 2:43pm On Jun 05, 2016
akeensbussy:

You have not answered my question. why would God even allowed the devil near them not to talk of tempting? because God Love is unconditional. after creating something and u claim to love your creation very well. Why would you give the devil access to it when you know that the devil only come to steal and to destroy.

Then u start blaming your creation for your lapses.

God does not want beings who obey Him because they can't do otherwise, or because there's no temptation. God wants those who will obey Him inspite of temptations to do otherwise.

If there was no temptation, Adam and Eve would do what God says, but not because they love Him or are loyal to His ways, but simply because they don't have the choice to do otherwise and there is no freewill to disobey.

God does not want programmed robots or zombies, but people who can choose to obey Him in the midst of trials and temptations. People who will do His will inspite of the freewill to do otherwise.

It is in temptation that love is made manifest, and it is in trials that loyalty is revealed.

Shalom
Re: If God's Love Is Unconditional by Kobojunkie: 1:17am On Feb 28
akeensbussy:
∆ If God's love is unconditional, why did he allow the Devil to have access into the garden of Eden knowing-fully well that Adam and Eve are not as powerful as he is?
Beginning from the Garden of Eden, God's love for man has always been conditional; His love is conditioned on obedience of His every commandment and teaching. God made this known to all whom He gave His Law to. undecided

(1) (Reply)

The Spirit's Rest And Refreshing - Joseph Prince / Godly Lady In America: Is There Hope For Me? / Apostle Johnson Suleiman Says His Blackmailers Will Be Exposed Within 24hrs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.