Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,544 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

Godly Lady In America: Is There Hope For Me? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Godly Lady In America: Is There Hope For Me? (1001 Views)

Yemisi Iginla Is Married In America - LIB (Photos) / Rev. Father Collins Ekpe Dies Inside His Room In America. Photos / Nigerian Pastor In America Surprises His Wife On Her 50th Birthday (Video, Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Godly Lady In America: Is There Hope For Me? by naijapatriot: 2:57am On Feb 13, 2017
To cut the long story short...I decided to post this on the religious section so I can get godly (Christian) advice :
I am currently studying in the states and am looking to be involved in a relationship that would lead to marriage, but it seems I have not had luck so far in my search. Sometimes I just wonder if my taste in women is too high. Maybe I should say a little bit about myself:

With all sense of modesty I am a handsome, intelligent and godly gentleman, with a clear focus and commitment towards my goals. If there is something that I take very seriously it is my faith. While I will not classify my self as being ultra-conservative like people who grew up in holiness denominations, I do hold some pretty conservative views about Christianity for example smoking, drinking, clubbing and indecency is a no-no for me. I cannot even stand materialism.

While I am not by this means out-rightly condemning those who part-take in such, it is just not in my character and I cannot stand it in a woman who I will call my wife and the mother of my children especially if they will be raised here. As much as I believe in the spiritual, I am quite attracted to beauty. I would want a woman who can make me want to come home every minute of the day (a good height of say above 5ft 3 and slim trim is a plus too, as I am about 6ft 1). However, if there is something that has been most challenging to me it is finding that godly woman who fits these descriptions.

Since my arrival here, I have been privileged to live in black and white dominated communities, I must admit that nothing makes me freer than being with my own Nigerian people. While I do have The joy of just having some white and black female American friends, my ultimate preference is a Nigerian. I want someone who has some cultural commonality with me, someone I can speak pidgin English with, and not have to think of the political correctness of my words when I interact with her. The society here is too emotional and I do not want a situation where little issues will just break up a relationship with good prospects.

I have met a couple of Nigerian ladies here but it's either I am not attracted to them, or I feel they are not committed to faith, or they are too incompatible to my personality. cry undecided ..If there is something in particular that I do not want it is a woman who has bought too much into this "American contemporary Christianity" and would not read their Bible to understand for themselves. I do not want a woman who regurgitates "pastor says" without studying for herself. I think at this point I may need to say I do not undermine pastors, I am just for people having a personal relationship with God's word or at least trying to. There are too many cliche doctrines ruining the faith of people today. Given, the current moral trend of this country, I cannot gamble with the spiritual life of my children especially given the racial, political and social dynamics of America today.

Let me quickly say that I am not a perfect man myself, I am still a work in progress but I just need someone who can believe in my vision and someone who will not mind an introvert like me. shocked shocked. I am ready to grow with that person as long as God's word is our compass. I am ready to be open with my dreams, fears, goals as long as I know she is the right one. As with every man, I desire respect but I want it to flow naturally. I do not do well asserting authority so I do not want to force it on anyone. I am also willing to learn, and have fun with the woman I call mine as long as it is within the ambit of what is pure.

My question now is: Can I find my kind of Nigerian Woman in this America or am I asking for too much

PS: I would want this to remain in the Religion Section and I would appreciate candid and decorous contributions. Please do not advise me to go to Nigeria for a wife grin cheesy cheesy cheesy.... I no ready for that one, as I no get person wey I keep for Naija.

2 Likes

Re: Godly Lady In America: Is There Hope For Me? by delishpot: 3:08am On Feb 13, 2017
naijapatriot:
To cut the long story short...I decided to post this on the religious section so I can get godly (Christian) advice :
I am currently studying in the states and am looking to be involved in a relationship that would lead to marriage, but it seems I have not had luck so far in my search. Sometimes I just wonder if my taste in women is too high. Maybe I should say a little bit about myself:

With all sense of modesty I am a handsome, intelligent and godly gentleman, with a clear focus and commitment towards my goals. If there is something that I take very seriously it is my faith. While I will not classify my self as being ultra-conservative like people who grew up in holiness denominations, I do hold some pretty conservative views about Christianity for example smoking, drinking, clubbing and indecency is a no-no for me. I cannot even stand materialism.

While I am not by this means out-rightly condemning those who part-take in such, it is just not in my character and I cannot stand it in a woman who I will call my wife and the mother of my children especially if they will be raised here. As much as I believe in the spiritual, I am quite attracted to beauty. I would want a woman who can make me want to come home every minute of the day (a good height of say above 5ft 3 and slim trim is a plus too, as I am about 6ft 1). However, if there is something that has been most challenging to me it is finding that godly woman who fits these descriptions.

Since my arrival here, I have been privileged to live in black and white dominated communities, I must admit that nothing makes me freer than being with my own Nigerian people. While I do have The joy of just having some white and black female American friends, my ultimate preference is a Nigerian. I want someone who has some cultural commonality with me, someone I can speak pidgin English with, and not have to think of the political correctness of my words when I interact with her. The society here is too emotional and I do not want a situation where little issues will just break up a relationship with good prospects.

I have met a couple of Nigerian ladies here but it's either I am not attracted to them, or I feel they are not committed to faith, or they are too incompatible to my personality. cry undecided ..If there is something in particular that I do not want it is a woman who has bought too much into this "American contemporary Christianity" and would not read their Bible to understand for themselves. I do not want a woman who regurgitates "pastor says" without studying for herself. I think at this point I may need to say I do not undermine pastors, I am just for people having a personal relationship with God's word or at least trying to. There are too many cliche doctrines ruining the faith of people today. Given, the current moral trend of this country, I cannot gamble with the spiritual life of my children especially given the racial, political and social dynamics of America today.

Let me quickly say that I am not a perfect man myself, I am still a work in progress but I just need someone who can believe in my vision and someone who will not mind an introvert like me. shocked shocked. I am ready to grow with that person as long as God's word is our compass. I am ready to be open with my dreams, fears, goals as long as I know she is the right one. As with every man, I desire respect but I want it to flow naturally. I do not do well asserting authority so I do not want to force it on anyone. I am also willing to learn, and have fun with the woman I call mine as long as it is within the ambit of what is pure.

My question now is: Can I find my kind of Nigerian Woman in this America or am I asking for too much

PS: I would want this to remain in the Religion Section and I would appreciate candid and decorous contributions. Please do not advise me to go to Nigeria for a wife grin cheesy cheesy cheesy.... I no ready for that one, as I no get person wey I keep for Naija.

Oya, go and marry the person wey you keep for amelika Na grin grin

There is every chance you would meet a girl that suits your character.
Just don't start wanting to judge her every mistake o. No start to do like say you be reincarnation of Christ. Let her grow and let her grow at her pace. Guide her is she is open to it but don't bully her into becoming .

She is also waiting for your kind of man. Una go soon meet no worry. Keep on holding faith. I would need my share of wedding rice o.

1 Like

Re: Godly Lady In America: Is There Hope For Me? by naijapatriot: 3:21am On Feb 13, 2017
delishpot:

Oya, go and marry the person wey you keep for amelika Na grin grin

There is every chance you would meet a girl that suits your character.
Just don't start wanting to judge her every mistake o. No start to do like say you be reincarnation of Christ. Let her grow and let her grow at her pace. Guide her is she is open to it but don't bully her into becoming .

She is also waiting for your kind of man. Una go soon meet no worry. Keep on holding faith. I would need my share of wedding rice o.

Guy you too gbaski...your head dey there...
Seriously, I appreciate your advice

1 Like

Re: Godly Lady In America: Is There Hope For Me? by marshalcarter: 3:29am On Feb 13, 2017
you've gotten one alreadyundecided so no need for my advicegrin

1 Like

Re: Godly Lady In America: Is There Hope For Me? by delishpot: 3:33am On Feb 13, 2017
naijapatriot:

Guy you too gbaski...your head dey there...
Seriously, I appreciate your advice

Welcome sir.

1 Like

Re: Godly Lady In America: Is There Hope For Me? by whitebeard(m): 5:37am On Feb 13, 2017
grin Someone pls upload that picture of Drake laughing
Re: Godly Lady In America: Is There Hope For Me? by purpleNG(f): 10:02pm On Feb 13, 2017
To the poster,I would say thank God you know what you want,and your going for it.
But,abeg take it easy........at the right time,the person you need will surface (only God does that)
God help with your quest
Re: Godly Lady In America: Is There Hope For Me? by Blue86(m): 10:22pm On Feb 13, 2017
My brother,let the Spirit of Truth choose for you. He knows better than anyone and your understanding.
Re: Godly Lady In America: Is There Hope For Me? by naijapatriot: 3:48am On Feb 14, 2017
Thanks for the advice. Just wanted to be sure I was not being unrealistic
Re: Godly Lady In America: Is There Hope For Me? by naijapatriot: 8:57pm On May 16, 2018
Mods abeg move to dating and meet-up zone.
Thanks
Re: Godly Lady In America: Is There Hope For Me? by Anas09: 9:24pm On May 16, 2018
naijapatriot:

The Steps of the rigbteous are ordered by the Lord. Ask him to order your steps to the right one. If miss it in marriage, you miss in all things.

Coming here with this is wrong, if you ask me. Satan takes pleasure in destroying godly everything, and you just thrust your marital destiny into the den of thieves.

Nairaland is a den of thieves if you know what i mean.

1 Like

Re: Godly Lady In America: Is There Hope For Me? by Willzkid(m): 6:32pm On May 17, 2018
Anas09:

The Steps of the rigbteous are ordered by the Lord. Ask him to order your steps to the right one. If miss it in marriage, you miss in all things.

Coming here with this is wrong, if you ask me. Satan takes pleasure in destroying godly everything, and you just thrust your marital destiny into the den of thieves.

Nairaland is a den of thieves if you know what i mean.
Hmmmm
Re: Godly Lady In America: Is There Hope For Me? by naijapatriot: 8:17pm On May 17, 2018
Thanks everyone
Re: Godly Lady In America: Is There Hope For Me? by Nobody: 9:28pm On May 17, 2018
naijapatriot:
Thanks everyone
Do you now have her! America is not like Nigeria, well, you should still be able to find sound Christians there, maybe. I was chatting with one, she's even a Nigerian and she told me the last time she stepped in to church was five years ago but she seldomly read her Bible, I just don't know what to say. Many if not most of them don't take the Faith like we hold it here, the wind is very strong there, and even those that tried always queue behind their Pastors, if you mess their Pastor must hear.. So just pray for God’s direction, wish you Good speed!

1 Like

Re: Godly Lady In America: Is There Hope For Me? by Loliedee: 1:18pm On Nov 29, 2018
what state are you in naijapatroit?

(1) (Reply)

Another Gullible Day Is Here. Happy Sunday Nigerians. / What Does It Mean To Put On The Armor Of God? / 8 Reasons Believers Hate Atheists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.