Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,098 members, 7,818,286 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Nigeria Will Not Win A War Against The Niger Delta - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Will Not Win A War Against The Niger Delta (3991 Views)

Handshake Across The Niger Communique: South-East, South-West Decision In Enugu / Pics Of Buhari Army In A War Free Zone Southeast / “Nigeria Will Continue To Borrow,” Adeosun Says, Days After Warning Against Debt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Will Not Win A War Against The Niger Delta by Godstraight(m): 8:23pm On May 26, 2016
HammerTheirPapa:
If there is gonna be a war it's gonna be a war between the core north vs MB/SS/SE. we muslim yorubas will ofcourse fight for allah under the banner for the fulani-led core north while their christians will be the most confused group, just looking like lukumon.

When the dust is settled and war ends, we yorubas will take side with whoever becomes the victors. Telling you how the victors wouldn't have won without our yoruba sophisticated input. cheesy
please stop the madness,stop making nairaland and stick to ur goddamm tribe
Re: Nigeria Will Not Win A War Against The Niger Delta by Jesusloveyou: 8:23pm On May 26, 2016
HurtgenForest:
The military line up will be different from 1967. A lot of water has gone under the bridge.
The only tribe that will align with the core north is the Yoruba.
u must be a kid to reason like a kid, u just confirm how ur ineffectual buffoon has be sponsoring boko haram,ipod, herdsmen and now avengers, becos u want MB to join ipod, una sent herdsmen after them, una also sent to ekiti, thank you

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Not Win A War Against The Niger Delta by PenSniper: 8:55pm On May 26, 2016
HurtgenForest:
This thread is for those deceiving Buhari, shouting "A new sheriff is in town, bomb the ND, kill them all."

First of all, their are foreign powers that want Nigeria to break, this is no longer news and I will not write much on this.

The Nigeria of today is not the same Nigeria of 1966 like many myopic people are thinking.

If the FG decides to go to war with the ND, you can be sure that the whole eastern region will be drawn into battle.

The MB will not join Nigeria to fight against the east like they did in 1967. You need to interract with guys from the MB and observe what they think now. These guys will do anything to throw off the dead weight of the core north especially considering how "good" the fulani has been to them all these years.

If there should be another war you will likely see military merger between the MB, the ND and the SE against the Yorubas aligned with the hausa/fulani core north

Very fierce battles will be fought especially around the MB axis. Let me point out here that by then the east would have completely cut off the FG from
crude oil supply.

Let us not forget boko haram. They have not been defeated but only weakened. When the war breaks out(God forbid), boko haram will quickly overrun and
annex parts of the north. The Nigerian army might then have two major battle fronts. Boko haram has links with the Sahel and ISIS.

Different world powers will align with either side. One thing is sure, Nigeria will not win the war.

Any other war in Nigeria will certainly lead to the break up of Nigeria because the center will no longer hold. That would be dream come through for IPOB even though I am not one.

A word is enough for the wise.

Wonderful dreamer winning a war on paper.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Not Win A War Against The Niger Delta by kc2hansome(m): 9:52pm On May 26, 2016
Anything dat would make the oil lands go their way is a nightmare. Yet the cow at aso rock wouldn't stop making nonsense remarks such as 5%.
U don't appreciate or love them, oya let them go?? They begin to say one Nigeria. All because of oil.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Will Not Win A War Against The Niger Delta by HurtgenForest: 9:54pm On May 26, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
u must be a kid to reason like a kid, u just confirm how ur ineffectual buffoon has be sponsoring boko haram,ipod, herdsmen and now avengers, becos u want MB to join ipod, una sent herdsmen after them, una also sent to ekiti, thank you

You must be a joker not to know that the herdsmen have been terrorising the MB long before Jonathan even became vice president, go and read. Boko haram was there during the time of Yar Ardua before Jonathan became president. MASSOB/IPOB also existed before Jonathan's presidency. Na wa oo.

Herdsmen have been disturbing in the SW before now, they didn't start today, same in the east.

Get some quality education.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Not Win A War Against The Niger Delta by HurtgenForest: 9:57pm On May 26, 2016
kc2hansome:
Anything dat would make the oil lands go their way is a nightmare. Yet the cow at aso rock wouldn't stop making nonsense remarks such as 5%.
U don't appreciate or love them, oya let them go?? They begin to say one Nigeria. All because of oil.

Yes, we all know that the shout of "One Nigeria" is because of oil.

The genesis of this problem is that very nonsensical 5% speech made by the bigot in Aso Rock. An old man that reasons/behaves like a kid.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Not Win A War Against The Niger Delta by kernel501: 10:00pm On May 26, 2016
HammerTheirPapa:

Of course, the reason why we have Emirate in yorubaland is fear of the fulani. Our muslims suck up to fulanis!

Thanks for the truth. Have a good night rest.
Re: Nigeria Will Not Win A War Against The Niger Delta by EasternLeopard: 10:14pm On May 26, 2016
homosapien:
@Op, one thing you should know is that nobody can fight the government and win.

Illiteracy produces false dreams

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Not Win A War Against The Niger Delta by Evathyst(f): 10:32pm On May 26, 2016
HurtgenForest:
The military line up will be different from 1967. A lot of water has gone under the bridge.

The only tribe that will align with the core north is the Yoruba.
Not only is your analysis warped, but it's also disjointed. Your choice of words and premises grates upon the ear and jars the sensitivity of finer feeling. Arrrggghhh! angry angry

To start with, there's nothing like the Nigerian Army fighting against the Niger Delta as you've erroneously opined. It's simply a war against Militancy, crude oil theft and other criminal activities. Except you want the whole world to believe the whole of Niger Delta are involved in this dastardly act. undecided undecided

Secondly, in the military, there's nothing like one person is from the middle belt another is from he core north gibberish you're spewing. Soldiers follow orders. Like I already said earlier, it's not a civil war so there wouldn't be any need to play the 'division & ethnic card' you chest-beaters are used to. undecided undecided

A wise Govt wouldn't involve the military, just arm & settle a parallel militant group and they will fish out those Niger Delta Avengers miscreants. i.e The CIA style. Although, that one has its own disadvantage sha. lipsrsealed

On a note of finality, if you think the Govt will be scared with self-deceiving write up here, then you need to have your head checked. Better tell your militant brothers to start running before it happens. It's only a wise leper that wouldn't fall victim of a fore-warned battle. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Not Win A War Against The Niger Delta by HurtgenForest: 10:55pm On May 26, 2016
Evathyst:
Not only is your analysis warped, but it's also disjointed. Your choice of words and premises grates upon the ear and jars the sensitivity of finer feeling. Arrrggghhh! angry angry

To start with, there's nothing like the Nigerian Army fighting against the Niger Delta as you've erroneously opined. It's simply a war against Militancy, crude oil theft and other criminal activities. Except you want the whole world to believe the whole of Niger Delta are involved in this dastardly act. undecided undecided

Secondly, in the military, there's nothing like one person is from the middle belt another is from he core north gibberish you're spewing. Soldiers follow orders. Like I already said earlier, it's not a civil war so there wouldn't be any need to play the 'division & ethnic card' you chest-beaters are used to. undecided undecided

A wise Govt wouldn't involve the military, just arm & settle a parallel militant group and they will fish out those Niger Delta Avengers miscreants. i.e The CIA style. Although, that one has its own disadvantage sha. lipsrsealed

On a note of finality, if you think the Govt will be scared with self-deceiving write up here, then you need to have your head checked. Better tell your militant brothers to start running before it happens. It's only a wise leper that wouldn't fall victim of a fore-warned battle. cheesy

Go and sit down, you didn't make any sense.

My analysis is clear and precise should the FG decide to start bombarding the ND because of militants.

There is one military like you said but it can crack just like it did before the Biafran war.

Military men from these regions can quickly pull out of the Nigerian military to defend their people. There's so much perceived injustice in these regions if you don't know.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Not Win A War Against The Niger Delta by UuzbaGuuzba: 11:04pm On May 26, 2016
HammerTheirPapa:

Nobody wants to die, but why me telling you 'I don't want to share nationality with you' cause a war? If you've decided to be a beast that wants by force unity with me, then I'll clean the nozzle of my gun and treat you like a beast.

If you go your way and I go mine peacefully without bloodshed will heavens fall on top of your head?

Oya, be going now? See me see trouble O. I dey my own house here. You dey find who wan follow you fight. You think say you be Martin Luther King ? No go land for police hand by mistake O, because. Nigeria go just continue like that - anyhow-anyhow fine or ugly.
Re: Nigeria Will Not Win A War Against The Niger Delta by Evathyst(f): 11:13pm On May 26, 2016
HurtgenForest:

Go and sit down, you didn't make any sense.

My analysis is clear and precise should the FG decide to start bombarding the ND because of militants.

There is one military like you said but it can crack just like it did before the Biafran war.

Military men from these regions can quickly pull out of the Nigerian military to defend their people. There's so much perceived injustice in these regions if you don't know.
Look who's talking? angry angry

So, should the F.G send troop to flush out the so-called Niger Delta Avengers (whose root are embedded deeply in Delta state) you think an Itsekiri man, Isoko or Urhobo would rise to you people's defence abi? Joseph The Dreamer! undecided undecided

You affirmed what everybody already knows; 'There are lots of injustice being perpetrated against the Niger Delta people.' May I ask who's acting unjust towards the Niger Delta? undecided undecided

1- The Govt that pays them 13% Oil derivation allocation for discovering fuel in their land.

2- Previous Govts (including their beloved GEJ) who have refused to clean up their land after exploration.

3- The Late Yar'Adua administration that gave them amnesty; monthly payment for doing nothing.

4- The Govt that awarded them pipeline security contract even when there are armed forces who could have been equipped to do that job.

5- Their very own Governors who are about the most corrupt in this country. They will loot them dry and still enjoin them to always sing the slogan 'Awa oyel' These same politicians are the ones arming thugs, hoodlums, thereby causing chaos in the region.

6- What about their wealthy citizens who would rather invest outside the shores of Niger Delta than in their region where the masses would benefit? Asari a case study.

7- The senseless militants who'd blow up pipeline & oil facility in their bid to sabotage the economy forgetting that the repercussions would bounce back on their own communities.

The truth is, a particular philosopher once opined that; 'If you're looking for who is responsible for your problems why not look into the mirror?'

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Will Not Win A War Against The Niger Delta by Rex123(m): 11:45pm On May 26, 2016
So many fuckboys that don't know jack! They know nothing about alliances and how they work! Politics war shouldn't be discussed here! The idiocy is breathtaking! Wars aren't fought on paper, different factors enable a side win a war! Hitler had a masterclass on how to defeat Europe and he lost! Ya'all should watch what you wish for! There are no Victors in war!
Re: Nigeria Will Not Win A War Against The Niger Delta by jornie(m): 11:49pm On May 26, 2016
thekingisback:
I'm ready to fight on the side of the Niger Delta. What people don't realize is that you can't continue to oppress a man for too long and he won't fight back. SS has been robbed for too long by people who don't contribute anything to this country. Nobody prays for war but if eventually comes, the Nigerian army won't be able to match the Niger Delta.
Oga, nobody is fighting... True, let's not even mention war.. What are we fighting for? Oil? There are countries that don't have oil and are doing just fine.
Re: Nigeria Will Not Win A War Against The Niger Delta by jornie(m): 11:57pm On May 26, 2016
HurtgenForest:
This thread is for those deceiving Buhari, shouting "A new sheriff is in town, bomb the ND, kill them all."

First of all, their are foreign powers that want Nigeria to break, this is no longer news and I will not write much on this.

The Nigeria of today is not the same Nigeria of 1966 like many myopic people are thinking.

If the FG decides to go to war with the ND, you can be sure that the whole eastern region will be drawn into battle.

The MB will not join Nigeria to fight against the east like they did in 1967. You need to interract with guys from the MB and observe what they think now. These guys will do anything to throw off the dead weight of the core north especially considering how "good" the fulani has been to them all these years.

If there should be another war you will likely see military merger between the MB, the ND and the SE against the Yorubas aligned with the hausa/fulani core north.

Very fierce battles will be fought especially around the MB axis. Let me point out here that by then the east would have completely cut off the FG from crude oil supply.

Let us not forget boko haram. They have not been defeated but only weakened. When the war breaks out(God forbid), boko haram will quickly overrun and annex parts of the north. The Nigerian army might then have two major battle fronts. Boko haram has links with the Sahel and ISIS.

Different world powers will align with either side. One thing is sure, Nigeria will not win the war.

Any other war in Nigeria will certainly lead to the break up of Nigeria because the center will no longer hold. That would be dream come through for IPOB even though I am not one.

A word is enough for the wise.
Why are you even talking about a war? Is violence your only idea of resolving conflicts... I don't get it. The other day at the igbo conference Nnamdi Kalu was saying "we need guns, we need bullets.... " you know what guns do? You know what bullets do? You know what war does? And just for oil? Something that will eventually finish? How sad it is that men of our age still lack knowledge of history? How pathetic! You know about somalia/syria/lybia ?
Re: Nigeria Will Not Win A War Against The Niger Delta by fx45(m): 12:46am On May 27, 2016
HammerTheirPapa:
If there is gonna be a war it's gonna be a war between the core north vs MB/SS/SE. we muslim yorubas will ofcourse fight for allah under the banner for the fulani-led core north while their christians will be the most confused group, just looking like lukumon.

When the dust is settled and war ends, we yorubas will take side with whoever becomes the victors. Telling you how the victors wouldn't have won without our yoruba sophisticated input. cheesy
How is your brother Ooni? I've not heard from him in a long while...
Re: Nigeria Will Not Win A War Against The Niger Delta by QuotaSystem: 1:02am On May 27, 2016
kc2hansome:

Weren't you clowns printing t-shirts saying 'Proudly 5%' before? So it was paining you grin?

Your frustration has not even started, this is just year 1 of 8.
Re: Nigeria Will Not Win A War Against The Niger Delta by OneNaira6: 1:10am On May 27, 2016
One thing I have to say is how proud I am to be both. In the past I was ashamed to claim ND...I'm always sticking to tribe. Mostly because SE igbos are always fighting to put a stop in the injuatice of our people. SS, on the other hand, too docile. Now ever since I see that SS is fighting back. I'm proud as Bleep to say "I'm SS. I'm igbo". Very proud y'all don't even know it. Eother way, whether SS or SE gets am, my wish for my people to separate from a set of people I think say na problem will become reality.

Thank you jehova for my heritage
Re: Nigeria Will Not Win A War Against The Niger Delta by OneNaira6: 1:12am On May 27, 2016
QuotaSystem:

Weren't you clowns printing t-shirts saying 'Proudly 5%' before? So it was paining you grin?

We are still proudly 5%. The 5% saw the scam of APC and Buhari. We can happily state we have no hand in the destruction going on in Nigeria now thanks to Buhari.

Change to chains. angry
Re: Nigeria Will Not Win A War Against The Niger Delta by QuotaSystem: 1:30am On May 27, 2016
OneNaira6:

We are still proudly 5%. [s]The 5% saw the scam of APC and Buhari. We can happily state we have no hand in the destruction going on in Nigeria now thanks to Buhari.

Change to chains. angry[/s]

Tell that to your fellow proudly irrelevant iPods.

The pain is real cheesy

HurtgenForest:

The genesis of this problem is that very nonsensical 5% speech made by the bigot in Aso Rock. An old man that reasons/behaves like a kid.

kc2hansome:
Yet the cow at aso rock wouldn't stop making nonsense remarks such as 5%.
Re: Nigeria Will Not Win A War Against The Niger Delta by ClintonDal(m): 3:21am On May 27, 2016
OohLalah:

Rubbish! You think attacking American economic interests and saying you are punishing your government
will go unnoticed by the Americans? This is the most common causes of inter-country conflicts. America will soon send the CIA assassins to take care of these NDA.

If I were Buhari I would just ignore the bombings and let
America take care of it. Every country protects their countries economic interests when threatened, that's why even our Zuma was in Nigeria when MTN was threatened to try iron things out. You can never separate politics from economic interests.

Lmao, the same way they sent the CIA to come assassinate Shekau abi? It seems you don't know America, too much spy movies don affect you.
Re: Nigeria Will Not Win A War Against The Niger Delta by TPAND(f): 3:44am On May 27, 2016
thekingisback:
I'm ready to fight on the side of the Niger Delta. What people don't realize is that you can't continue to oppress a man for too long and he won't fight back. SS has been robbed for too long by people who don't contribute anything to this country. Nobody prays for war but if eventually comes, the Nigerian army won't be able to match the Niger Delta.

The west will have the support of the Niger Delta, looking at it holistically, what does Nigeria have to offer the world other crude oil.
Someone please tell me, Technology them no get, all they do to stay relevant is crude oil.
Re: Nigeria Will Not Win A War Against The Niger Delta by Nobody: 4:38am On May 27, 2016
Lmaooo i-punks and their Nairaland permutations cheesy grin

They win everything on paper until it hits them then they start chanting genocide

Same noise they made before soldiers went to Aba to apply mosquito sprays on them

Same noise ooh-jjukum made

Same noise they made before dilektor was arrested

Same noise ND jugheads made before Obasanjo sent soldiers to spray them

The pseudo-analyst ,lunatic op was the same olosh that told us jonapunk was going to win with his useless write ups grin

Well he has his dumb Fan-yogo adherents who cosign everything he says anyway grin cheesy

Awon Nairaland military commander cheesy
Re: Nigeria Will Not Win A War Against The Niger Delta by jeevyww(m): 4:41am On May 27, 2016
OohLalah:
you watch too many reconnaissance movies..

Rubbish! You think attacking American economic interests and saying you are punishing your government
will go unnoticed by the Americans? This is the most common causes of inter-country conflicts. America will soon send the CIA assassins to take care of these NDA.

If I were Buhari I would just ignore the bombings and let
America take care of it. Every country protects their countries economic interests when threatened, that's why even our Zuma was in Nigeria when MTN was threatened to try iron things out. You can never separate politics from economic interests.
Re: Nigeria Will Not Win A War Against The Niger Delta by nitrogen(m): 4:47am On May 27, 2016
Evathyst:

I really don't care how old you are, just believe this, 'you are smarter than your age'.
Re: Nigeria Will Not Win A War Against The Niger Delta by OohLalah(f): 6:36am On May 27, 2016
ClintonDal:

Lmao, the same way they sent the CIA to come assassinate Shekau abi? It seems you don't know America, too much spy movies don affect you.

Don't be foolish! Was Boko Haram attacking American companies in Nigeria? You seem to be the one who is clueless about how far the US will go to protect their interests. Ask Iraq & Afghanistan.
Re: Nigeria Will Not Win A War Against The Niger Delta by homosapien(m): 7:37am On May 27, 2016
EasternLeopard:

Illiteracy produces false dreams

I guess literacy produce violence and destruction according to you and your blabbing folk.

Continue in your macabre, just remember violence beget violence.

Peace out
Re: Nigeria Will Not Win A War Against The Niger Delta by Jesusloveyou: 8:21am On May 27, 2016
HurtgenForest:

You must be a joker not to know that the herdsmen have been terrorising the MB long before Jonathan even became vice president, Boko haram was there during the time of Yar Ardua before Jonathan became president. MASSOB/IPOB also existed before Jonathan's presidency. . Herdsmen have been disturbing in the SW before now,same in the east.
that is why i said u must be a kid, if all the different group terrorist did not start now, why using it now as blackmail
https://www.nairaland.com/politics

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Not Win A War Against The Niger Delta by HurtgenForest: 8:34am On May 27, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
that is why i said u must be a kid, if all the different group terrorist did not start now, why using it now as blackmail
https://www.nairaland.com/politics

If you have sense enough you will know that it is the revolution in social media that has brought these things to our knowledge just like the revolution is Tunisia.
Re: Nigeria Will Not Win A War Against The Niger Delta by ClintonDal(m): 9:31am On May 27, 2016
OohLalah:

Don't be foolish! Was Boko Haram attacking American companies in Nigeria? You seem to be the one who is clueless about how far the US will go to protect their interests. Ask Iraq & Afghanistan.
Lol and you had to call me foolish, that's okay it's a faceless forum and you can run your mouth the way you choose. What American companies did Iraq and Afghanistan blow up to warrant the invasion? Go refresh yourself on your history alright.
Re: Nigeria Will Not Win A War Against The Niger Delta by kc2hansome(m): 8:27pm On May 27, 2016
QuotaSystem:

ZOmbicious zombie

(1) (2) (Reply)

Flash Back: How Governor Chris Ngige Was Kidnapped / South West Vs North West Development / Ademola Adeleke Victory Teaches Me A New Lesson.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.